Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mo Salah - Somewhere Else

Read 26149 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Mo Salah - Somewhere Else
      Reply #23: Apr 01, 2021 11:32:38 am
      Leave, to get us the funds for Mbappe or Haaland, else get more involved into pressing and tackling. Salah plays almost contactless, he's soft. We need another Jota-type-of-player. Also I ensure you if Salah never came to LFC we'd still have had all these goals because someone else would have netted - it's the system of Jürgen, it was the same when Jürgen worked at Dortmund and Mainz: players looked better than they actually were.

You can b*tch about it as you want: that's my opinion and if it was the decision: Mbappe vs. Salah, I bet almost all of you Salah apologists would run over to my side and take Mbappe over Salah. Am I right?

We're not selling Salah to fund M'bappe, so calm the F**k down whingeing. No one at the club has so far reached his level of goalscoring. Salah's been top dog for last three seasons and you want to get rid?

You're not right, you're F***ing deluded!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24: Apr 01, 2021 01:36:07 pm
      Leave, to get us the funds for Mbappe or Haaland, else get more involved into pressing and tackling. Salah plays almost contactless, he's soft. We need another Jota-type-of-player. Also I ensure you if Salah never came to LFC we'd still have had all these goals because someone else would have netted - it's the system of Jürgen, it was the same when Jürgen worked at Dortmund and Mainz: players looked better than they actually were.

You can b*tch about it as you want: that's my opinion and if it was the decision: Mbappe vs. Salah, I bet almost all of you Salah apologists would run over to my side and take Mbappe over Salah. Am I right?

If you're going to try and be a troll WUM here, at least have the F***ing decency to be good at it.

So far you're about a 1/10, and that's being generous.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25: Apr 01, 2021 02:21:13 pm
      Swapping Salah for Mbappe? That's a no brainer. Of course you do it, if nothing else you base it on age difference...Mbappe is going to be great for years and years to come...Salah is at his peak.

But that doesn't mean Salah is overrated...far from it.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Apr 01, 2021 02:36:12 pm
      Swapping Salah for Mbappe? That's a no brainer. Of course you do it, if nothing else you base it on age difference...Mbappe is going to be great for years and years to come...Salah is at his peak.

But that doesn't mean Salah is overrated...far from it.

Yeah I'd swap Salah for Mbappe but Salah has been incredibly consistent for us. I do however get the other chap's pov. Salah can be very irritating to watch at times, easily brushed off the ball, shooting instead of passing etc but he is a superb forward and is not over rated at all. Haaland on the other hand is very over rated in my opinion, not even close to Mbappe or our current front three.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27: Apr 02, 2021 01:23:48 am
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #28: Apr 06, 2021 04:59:49 pm
      Some "Liverpool fans" don't deserve nice things...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29: Apr 06, 2021 05:31:19 pm
      Some "Liverpool fans" don't deserve nice things...

When you say some you mean knobheads who've never been near Anfield before!!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #30: Apr 06, 2021 07:11:25 pm
      Over rated, what a tw*t.  :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Apr 17, 2021 11:05:52 pm
      Who said hes overated?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #32: Apr 29, 2021 07:22:17 pm
      A rated player who over achieved with more than 20 goals per season for the last three consecutive seasons. Over-rated.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #33: Apr 29, 2021 11:28:11 pm
      Is going nowhere.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #34: Apr 30, 2021 12:29:40 am

We'll see.

Massive summer for LFC due to the number of players with 2 years left on their contracts: Virg, Henderson, Salah, Bobby, Sadio, Fab I think, Keita defo, also Ox I think and Shaq. That's nearly a whole team worth of players and heavily weighted toward midfield and "the front three".

Michael Edwards is going to have to get LFC's chequebook out a lot this summer (and his 'For Sale' signs) and if his offers aren't what the players and their agents are happy with, things could get very messy. You have to suspect we've been playing hardball/lowball with Gini. We will have had almost 18 months of pulverised income by then so the negotiating by the club may be even tougher than Gini's had to deal with.

If Mo doesn't like the contract he's surely going to get offered, then his agent is going to quickly become Liverpool fans' public enemy number one.

But Mo's numbers are getting steadily worse. Take his pens out (as you should to get the real picture) and he's scoring half what he did a few years back. And as was pointed out above, defensively it's like playing with 9 outfield players. Sure he gambols around like a spring lamb in the vicinity of opposition left backs, but he never actually tries to tackle them. If I can spot this then so can opposition coaches. Luke Shaw spent the first half hour of our last game with United leaving Salah in his wake, and joining up with Rashford or Martial or whoever it was, creating 2-on-1s which skewered Trent trying to defend them on his own. That means you've got to sacrifice your right-sided 8 completely, all because Mo doesn't want to get stuck in. And that for me was why JK left Mo out of the recent Leeds game and I wouldn't be massively surprised if the same happened this weekend. Cue loads of Reds  :f_wah:

That Ramos incident had a massive impact and hasn't gone away. Throughout Mo's mega-season he would look to receive the ball into feet and it would stick like glue, Messi-level glue, and Mo would spin away and bye bye. He's not been the same player since. It's like he's thinking about the fullback coming in behind him instead of concentrating on the ball. That Messi-like first touch is rarely seen these days. Shame he missed that sitter early on v Real the other night as I thought he was lively and probably deserved a goal for his improved workrate. I think Klopp told him why he was benched v Leeds and Mo's taken it on board - hopefully.

Can we replace a player who is now down to scoring about 15 goals a season from 30 a few years ago? Yes, I'm confident we can, though if we want another left-footer for that slot (which we should) it makes the job of finding a replacement 10* harder. There's no way on this fine Earth we should be giving Mo a pay rise though when his numbers are steadily going the wrong direction and for most of his next contract he'll be the wrong side of 30. Michael Edwards may see it that way. He may not. We'll see...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35: Apr 30, 2021 01:09:52 pm
      We'll see.

Massive summer for LFC due to the number of players with 2 years left on their contracts: Virg, Henderson, Salah, Bobby, Sadio, Fab I think, Keita defo, also Ox I think and Shaq. That's nearly a whole team worth of players and heavily weighted toward midfield and "the front three".

Michael Edwards is going to have to get LFC's chequebook out a lot this summer (and his 'For Sale' signs) and if his offers aren't what the players and their agents are happy with, things could get very messy. You have to suspect we've been playing hardball/lowball with Gini. We will have had almost 18 months of pulverised income by then so the negotiating by the club may be even tougher than Gini's had to deal with.

If Mo doesn't like the contract he's surely going to get offered, then his agent is going to quickly become Liverpool fans' public enemy number one.

But Mo's numbers are getting steadily worse. Take his pens out (as you should to get the real picture) and he's scoring half what he did a few years back. And as was pointed out above, defensively it's like playing with 9 outfield players. Sure he gambols around like a spring lamb in the vicinity of opposition left backs, but he never actually tries to tackle them. If I can spot this then so can opposition coaches. Luke Shaw spent the first half hour of our last game with United leaving Salah in his wake, and joining up with Rashford or Martial or whoever it was, creating 2-on-1s which skewered Trent trying to defend them on his own. That means you've got to sacrifice your right-sided 8 completely, all because Mo doesn't want to get stuck in. And that for me was why JK left Mo out of the recent Leeds game and I wouldn't be massively surprised if the same happened this weekend. Cue loads of Reds  :f_wah:

That Ramos incident had a massive impact and hasn't gone away. Throughout Mo's mega-season he would look to receive the ball into feet and it would stick like glue, Messi-level glue, and Mo would spin away and bye bye. He's not been the same player since. It's like he's thinking about the fullback coming in behind him instead of concentrating on the ball. That Messi-like first touch is rarely seen these days. Shame he missed that sitter early on v Real the other night as I thought he was lively and probably deserved a goal for his improved workrate. I think Klopp told him why he was benched v Leeds and Mo's taken it on board - hopefully.

Can we replace a player who is now down to scoring about 15 goals a season from 30 a few years ago? Yes, I'm confident we can, though if we want another left-footer for that slot (which we should) it makes the job of finding a replacement 10* harder. There's no way on this fine Earth we should be giving Mo a pay rise though when his numbers are steadily going the wrong direction and for most of his next contract he'll be the wrong side of 30. Michael Edwards may see it that way. He may not. We'll see...

A whole load of waffle without saying anything. Salah isn't get sold either la!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36: Apr 30, 2021 01:38:46 pm
      Some of the comments in this thread are just F***ing weird.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #37: May 01, 2021 10:21:50 pm
      If we are going to sell him, and that is a big if, we should consider doing so this summer. He will turn 29 in June and is obviously at the top of his career, if not passed it.
      The longer we wait, the smaller amount of money in. Or he could complete his contract and finnish his career in China or US or what ever...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38: May 01, 2021 10:47:31 pm
      If we are going to sell him, and that is a big if, we should consider doing so this summer. He will turn 29 in June and is obviously at the top of his career, if not passed it.
      The longer we wait, the smaller amount of money in. Or he could complete his contract and finnish his career in China or US or what ever...

No we won't be selling one of the best forwards in the world this Summer.

Unless some club wants to break the transfer fee record.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #39: May 01, 2021 10:50:11 pm
      If we sell, we sell. Hopefully the money is used wisely.

But sweet baby Jesus do not question this man and his talent
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #40: May 01, 2021 10:55:22 pm

To sell just to sell is obviously off the table, hopefully.
      A replacement should be at the door step before he went.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #41: May 01, 2021 10:57:07 pm

Not willingly, no, Hasn’t been very shy to talk about Spain so could push for a move at some point.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #42: May 02, 2021 12:11:16 am
      Dull bollocks. He's going nowhere.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #43: May 02, 2021 10:51:40 pm
      He's ours, everyone else can F**k right off!!!
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #44: May 21, 2021 09:01:04 pm
      Salah is overrated anyway. He profits bigtime from Jürgen's system. He can't press, he can't tackle, he's a luxury player. I'd throw him into a deal if it brings us Mbappe or Haaland, maybe even Sancho. But I am also content if he stays. It's not that he hurts us. He's good, he's just not a world's top 3 player (he was for one season though).

Jeez, if thats what you think of Mo, I'd hate to know what you think of Sadio.  Salah has had a better season than most of the attackers in any league across europe, in reality a bad season for us.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #45: May 21, 2021 09:31:03 pm
      Salah is overrated anyway. He profits bigtime from Jürgen's system. He can't press, he can't tackle, he's a luxury player. I'd throw him into a deal if it brings us Mbappe or Haaland, maybe even Sancho. But I am also content if he stays. It's not that he hurts us. He's good, he's just not a world's top 3 player (he was for one season though).

F**k off

Quick Reply