Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mo Salah - Somewhere Else

Read 26145 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: Mo Salah - Somewhere Else
      Reply #184: Jan 17, 2022 10:51:51 pm
      I suspect one of the considerations on Mo's side is that he has been in the top few players in the world for a while now and, although paid very well by FSG standards, he has been significantly underpaid relative to the market value where he could have been earning an extra Ā£100-Ā£150k p/w.

Typically players about to turn 30 don't see their wage double but equally Mo is not your typical player and if the likes of Messi and Ronaldo can outperform for their years why can't Mo? Even then I think part of the rationale for seeking a decent increase could reasonably be viewed as recompense for what he has already done for the club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #185: Jan 17, 2022 10:54:58 pm
      I wished Moores held on a bit longer before selling to H&G & sold only 49% stake in the club to investorsā€¦

DCI would have been the ideal partnersā€¦.

Do you mean DIC - Dubai Investment Captial

https://pitchbook.com/newsletter/dubai-international-capital-shuts-doors

https://english.alarabiya.net/amp/business/economy/2013/12/11/Dubai-International-Capital-sells-its-major-European-assets

Letā€™s be thankful we didnā€™t
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #186: Jan 17, 2022 10:56:21 pm
      I wished Moores held on a bit longer before selling to H&G & sold only 49% stake in the club to investorsā€¦

DCI would have been the ideal partnersā€¦.

Remember that DCI or was it DIC thread? We all were very naive and didn't want owners who just spends money. You know romanticizing football, dominating world of football without being Chelsea and now city. Truth is that no one can compete with these clubs on the field in the long run, without competing with them financially.

Makes me sad how it is but if you don't compete in biggest leagues and win trophies, then you start getting obsolete. There is another oil club in the league now, so that 4th spot just got harder. Its just matter of time.

We either build on what JK has done, and fight. Or we can accept slowly fading into 5th, 6th best team in England. The funny thing is that being  5th 6th best team in England will have more impact on our finances then fighting for first imo.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #187: Jan 17, 2022 10:57:00 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #188: Jan 17, 2022 11:00:29 pm
      Still better then those two clowns we got

Well looking at the leveraged debt then I suspect it wouldnā€™t have been much better
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #189: Jan 17, 2022 11:02:09 pm
      Well looking at the leveraged debt then I suspect it wouldnā€™t have been much better

Fair point.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #190: Jan 17, 2022 11:03:36 pm

Still makes me angry now what they did to the club 🤬
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #191: Jan 29, 2022 10:21:30 am
      Can anyone clarify if this is really what the hold up is.

Iā€™ve read that Salah and his agent are asking for Ā£500k per week, want a six year contract, and there are even suggestions they have demanded certain players have to be purchased as well, to improve the side and assist Salah.

FFS, canā€™t see that happening, but if the requests are correct, I can only see that as a plot to engineer a move.

I need to check what site I saw it on snd see what credibility there is.
      Just thought Iā€™d put it here first to see if anyone else had seen this.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #192: Jan 29, 2022 10:36:02 am

Iā€™ve read that Salah and his agent are asking for Ā£500k per week, want a six year contract, and there are even suggestions they have demanded certain players have to be purchased as well, to improve the side and assist Salah.

FFS, canā€™t see that happening, but if the requests are correct, I can only see that as a plot to engineer a move.

Probably just BS. Journos making sh*t up. I'm confident the deal is done and will be announced upon his return from afcon. 
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #193: Jan 29, 2022 10:41:58 am
      Maybe Salah has seen the owners lack of investment in the squad and wants assurances we're not going to penny pinch the way we have been. He wants to win it all and understands the likelyhood of that happening with the owners current approach is slim to none.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #194: Jan 29, 2022 11:30:54 am
      Maybe Salah has seen the owners lack of investment in the squad and wants assurances we're not going to penny pinch the way we have been. He wants to win it all and understands the likelyhood of that happening with the owners current approach is slim to none.

The owners are totally dependent on the genius or not of the current manager.
      The managers pre-Klopp could not operate under the financial constraints of the owners and his genius is the element that has brought LFC success currently; the comings and goings of FSG appointments prove that our man is the true saviour.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #195: Jan 29, 2022 11:54:24 am

All just paper talk, Salahā€™s comments about his feelings for the club fly directly in the face of these sensationalist claims.

From past experience however there is a subtext of FSG fuelling the sensationalism with talk of a new winger in the red tops.

FSG set to cash in instead of paying the price of success?!?!
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #196: Jan 29, 2022 12:08:04 pm
      The owners are totally dependent on the genius or not of the current manager.
      The managers pre-Klopp could not operate under the financial constraints of the owners and his genius is the element that has brought LFC success currently; the comings and goings of FSG appointments prove that our man is the true saviour.

And yet people act blind to this. You get Ā£30m a year however you want to do it. You want to get more you sell. Simple. How many managers are queuing up to work under those conditions? Oh I'll say no to Chelsea because I fancy only getting Ā£30m a year and having to sell my star player should I want a significant more. Where do I sign?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #197: Jan 29, 2022 01:57:38 pm

Apparently this all came from an interview with a sports mag in Egypt. It was then followed up by the Echo  :confused-smiley-013:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #198: Jan 29, 2022 02:05:25 pm

Apparently this all came from an interview with a sports mag in Egypt. It was then followed up by the Echo  :confused-smiley-013:

Itā€™s all just white noise with a lot of it old stuff but then rehashed by other mags , papers etc

If Salah is asking for Ā£500k a week then I donā€™t see it being given to him - I suspect he will end up signing for around Ā£300-350 and for 4 years and a decent signing on fee.

There will always be a limit a club can go too - if thatā€™s not enough for Salah then i guess he will need to leave. There will always be a fine line between a deserved wage and greed
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #199: Jan 29, 2022 02:33:45 pm
      I doubt heā€™s asking for 500k. 400 maybe and Iā€™d think the club could go that high if they value him as the best in the world but in all honesty I figured weā€™d see this sorted by now so Iā€™m surprised a deal hasnt been forged. I didnā€™t figure that either side would want this to be a distraction going into the last part of the season.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #200: Jan 29, 2022 03:25:30 pm
      The fact that the club look like they are going to close on signing Diaz, might give them a stronger hand in the contract talks.
      As in, we've just signed a top player, so if you don't like the terms, we're better equipped for life without you.
      Still think they would like to keep him though, and maybe consider offers for Bob/Mane.
      Not actually sure how much we'd get for Bob,or if it would be a lot more than Origi.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #201: Jan 29, 2022 08:42:55 pm
      Anyone else read the second part of the thread name in the stlyle of Razorlight?

Or just me!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #202: Jan 30, 2022 07:03:44 am
      The fact that the club look like they are going to close on signing Diaz, might give them a stronger hand in the contract talks.
      As in, we've just signed a top player, so if you don't like the terms, we're better equipped for life without you.
      Still think they would like to keep him though, and maybe consider offers for Bob/Mane.
      Not actually sure how much we'd get for Bob,or if it would be a lot more than Origi.

I would very  much doubt that there is anything that joins the dots between Diaz come in and Mo signing a contract, Iā€™d look at it the other way and say signing Diaz is actually much more beneficial to Mo, offering more opportunities to score rather replacing teammates heā€™s already so familiar with, this is about strengthening rather than making us weaker, no one is making way for Luis Diaz, I think you will find that come the summer we will see other fresh swinging dicks rocking up at the Axa, in particular two maybe three hairy arsed midfielderā€™s, which is without doubt the weakest part of the squad, in Hendo, Milner , AOC, Thiago, and maybe even Fabinho time isnā€™t on our side here, so we need to freshen things up throw a spanner or two into the works,

Thereā€™s a plethora of candidates out there and we all have our opinions on who should be signed, I can see the Kop belting out ā€œHey Judeā€ in the not too distant future for he is absolutely perfect for us, Klopp only signs those who fit, and this Bellingham fella is a glove on legs,
      Another I would love here is Raphinha at Leeds, oozes class does this lad, however now that Diaz is imminent I really canā€™t see it happening now, Tielemans is another who impresses, watched him a few times last couple of seasons, what I get is a hard worker willing to run through brick walls, however, I have noticed he seems to drift in and out of games sometimes so maybe nutrition is lacking,

Ives Bissouma at Brighton seems a decent prospect, tbh though, Iā€™ve not been keeping my eye on him so perhaps  someone else has better authority than me to wax lyrical, but heā€™s always been linked for some reason or another, but that could be click bait worming itā€™s ugly head again,

No doubt that JĆ¼rgen & Co will have a shopping list of sorts, one that none of us are privy to, none of us seen Diaz coming in did we ? Perfect example, so who knows, canā€™t really seeing us doings anymore business this window but never say never eh !

Y  N  W  A
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #203: Jan 30, 2022 08:17:43 am

I would very  much doubt that there is anything that joins the dots between Diaz come in and Mo signing a contract, Iā€™d look at it the other way and say signing Diaz is actually much more beneficial to Mo, offering more opportunities to score rather replacing teammates heā€™s already so familiar with, this is about strengthening rather than making us weaker, no one is making way for Luis Diaz, I think you will find that come the summer we will see other fresh swinging dicks rocking up at the Axa, in particular two maybe three hairy arsed midfielderā€™s, which is without doubt the weakest part of the squad, in Hendo, Milner , AOC, Thiago, and maybe even Fabinho time isnā€™t on our side here, so we need to freshen things up throw a spanner or two into the works,

Thereā€™s a plethora of candidates out there and we all have our opinions on who should be signed, I can see the Kop belting out ā€œHey Judeā€ in the not too distant future for he is absolutely perfect for us, Klopp only signs those who fit, and this Bellingham fella is a glove on legs,
      Another I would love here is Raphinha at Leeds, oozes class does this lad, however now that Diaz is imminent I really canā€™t see it happening now, Tielemans is another who impresses, watched him a few times last couple of seasons, what I get is a hard worker willing to run through brick walls, however, I have noticed he seems to drift in and out of games sometimes so maybe nutrition is lacking,

Ives Bissouma at Brighton seems a decent prospect, tbh though, Iā€™ve not been keeping my eye on him so perhaps  someone else has better authority than me to wax lyrical, but heā€™s always been linked for some reason or another, but that could be click bait worming itā€™s ugly head again,

No doubt that JĆ¼rgen & Co will have a shopping list of sorts, one that none of us are privy to, none of us seen Diaz coming in did we ? Perfect example, so who knows, canā€™t really seeing us doings anymore business this window but never say never eh !

Y  N  W  A

I think the future of our midfield is being placed in Jones and Elliot.

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #204: Jan 30, 2022 09:05:18 am
      I think the future of our midfield is being placed in Jones and Elliot.

Thereā€™s always a better quality player out there. Me never satisfied. Weā€™re never good enough. Thatā€™s the winning spirit. :lmao:
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #205: Jan 30, 2022 10:46:30 am

Yes, I agree, this will absolutely strengthen the club's negotiations ... they obviously don't want to lose Salah but I do think this makes it more likely he ends up at the likes of PSG next season
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #206: Jan 30, 2022 03:27:49 pm

Y  N  W  A

Yeah, there was reports saying Mo wanted to see the club to show their ambition, and they're deffo showing that signing Diaz and possibly even Carvalho, all without selling anyone, just yet anyway.  And saw some comments they say came from Diaz, about him liking to setup teammates for goals :)  music to Mo's ears.  Hopefully it does help convince to him sign. Though probably a bit of handbags still to go between the pencil-pushers on both sides.

Like all of the midfield players you mentioned, Jude, Tielemans, Bissouma, and agree don't see much space for Raphinha or any other front man now with Diaz in.

WHAT a signing Diaz looks to be, seems a cracking player, and a really good fit for JĆ¼rgen.  Think very few people saw that happen in Jan.
      Should give everyone a lift. And mid season too, still with LOTS to play for.  Can't wait to see him play :)

Quick Reply