Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mo Salah - Somewhere Else

Read 26136 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Mo Salah - Somewhere Else
      Reply #207: Jan 30, 2022 05:19:25 pm
      I think the future of our midfield is being placed in Jones and Elliot.

Yep, those two will be part of it, but we need higher quality, Jones & Elliot will thrive and perhaps be the quality we need but their not there yet, we need ready made up and running individuals at the peak of their game, Jürgen knows what he wants, just hope he gets them.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #208: Jan 30, 2022 11:16:52 pm
      I think the future of our midfield is being placed in Jones and Elliot.

2 young lads I hope that by when I turn 50 and my eldest son is 21 that them boys are the legends they can be
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #209: Feb 14, 2022 05:54:18 pm
      Suppose with AFCON done, Salah back playing, and us coming to the sharp end of the season, his contract talks won't get as much focus.
      Wonder how Mo, Mane etc react to the Diaz signing, and whether their is any impact on their form, cause they must be under more pressure to perform.
      Still think having signed Diaz, gives FSG a slightly stronger hand in the contract talks.
      Either way, if he doesn't sign before/over the summer, he has to be sold.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #210: Feb 17, 2022 03:21:40 pm
      Suppose with AFCON done, Salah back playing, and us coming to the sharp end of the season, his contract talks won't get as much focus.
      Wonder how Mo, Mane etc react to the Diaz signing, and whether their is any impact on their form, cause they must be under more pressure to perform.
      Still think having signed Diaz, gives FSG a slightly stronger hand in the contract talks.
      Either way, if he doesn't sign before/over the summer, he has to be sold.

Me half prepared that he'll be sold for a ton of money. Keeping means we spend more money on a higher wage structure across the board. This versus banking him for top dollar. Money in Vs spending more to keep him. Spineless greedy people would take the easy way out which is to let the money roll in. Me half prepared for this to happen.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #211: Mar 23, 2022 12:59:33 pm
      If you were a gambler what odds would you expect to get on going at this point?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #212: Mar 23, 2022 01:08:29 pm
      If you were a gambler what odds would you expect to get on going at this point?

I don't know much about odds....but I know this, I'd sure as hell not put any of my own money down that he's staying. The only question seems to be do we sell him this summer to try and recoup some funds or do we let him run his contract down in hopes that his presence will help us win trophies next year.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #213: Mar 23, 2022 01:19:36 pm
      I don't know much about odds....but I know this, I'd sure as hell not put any of my own money down that he's staying. The only question seems to be do we sell him this summer to try and recoup some funds or do we let him run his contract down in hopes that his presence will help us win trophies next year.

Id rather lose him for as big a fee as possible, whats the point in losing him for zero?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #214: Mar 23, 2022 01:44:38 pm
      Id rather lose him for as big a fee as possible, whats the point in losing him for zero?

I guess the argument would be he helps you win trophies next year? Personally I don't want to lose him at all but like you if he's off, we need to cash in.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #215: Mar 23, 2022 01:49:12 pm

because value is more than just transfer money. Just like Gini and others have been let go for nothing instead of selling them a year (or more) prior, they may decide the extra year of his services is more valuable to the team than the money they'll get in a transfer.
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2022 03:17:14 pm by CT_LFC »
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #216: Mar 24, 2022 04:18:44 pm
      because value is more than just transfer money. Just like Gini and others have been let go for nothing instead of selling them a year (or more) prior, they may decide the extra year of his services is more valuable to the team than the money they'll get in a transfer.

Not for me. Bad enough thd best player in the world leaving us ... but leaving for nothing ??? No thanks. Get 60/70m and re-invest in the team.

If salah wants to be greedy ... he can go and be greedy. But he goes this summer and we get a fee. Can and wijnaldum leaving for free was totally different. In the case of both we had cover and neither was a huge loss ... as much as I like Gini.

Not sure where salah is going ... it will be down the chain because nowhere is a step up from us in the current landscape. Enjoy your Bank balance Mo. Seems that's what's most important.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #217: Mar 24, 2022 08:26:02 pm
      I think it will be PSG, Mbappe's replacement. I'd want 100 million for him even at 30. Players don't seem to learn that they are a lot better here than they are anywhere else.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #218: Mar 24, 2022 10:33:23 pm
      I think it will be PSG, Mbappe's replacement. I'd want 100 million for him even at 30. Players don't seem to learn that they are a lot better here than they are anywhere else.

You will never get 100m for Salah at his age and with a year left in his deal.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #219: Mar 24, 2022 11:40:37 pm
      You will never get 100m for Salah at his age and with a year left in his deal.

Spurs wanted 150 million for Kane and he's only one year younger.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #220: Mar 25, 2022 09:58:05 am
      Spurs wanted 150 million for Kane and he's only one year younger.

Harry Kane and had a long term contract with no release fee so the club had a good bargaining position. When players get into the last 2 years of the contract they start to have more control. With 1 season left on his contract we have almost no influence over Mo's future.

If Newcastle put in a £100 million bid this summer and we wanted to accept it we can't force him to go. If PSG  put in a bid of £40 million to replace Mbappe and that's the only place Mo wants to go we'll have a choice- accept £40 million or lose him for nothing in 1 year.

I personally think he would be making a mistake going to PSG. Overpaid lazy players who can't win the important games (the French Man U) but if he wants to go I think we should accept the money. I think Klopp and scouting team can find someone at 23/24 who can be as good as Mo in a few years. Klopp makes players world class and we can all name players who left his teams and went back to being only very good.

I think he may run down the contract and go to Barcelona in 1 year. They are signing up a lot of out of contract players recently. I don't know if they can afford the wages but they appear to have found another magic money tree after the shock of losing Messi.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #221: Mar 25, 2022 12:47:49 pm
      Harry Kane and had a long term contract with no release fee so the club had a good bargaining position. When players get into the last 2 years of the contract they start to have more control. With 1 season left on his contract we have almost no influence over Mo's future.

If Newcastle put in a £100 million bid this summer and we wanted to accept it we can't force him to go. If PSG  put in a bid of £40 million to replace Mbappe and that's the only place Mo wants to go we'll have a choice- accept £40 million or lose him for nothing in 1 year.

I personally think he would be making a mistake going to PSG. Overpaid lazy players who can't win the important games (the French Man U) but if he wants to go I think we should accept the money. I think Klopp and scouting team can find someone at 23/24 who can be as good as Mo in a few years. Klopp makes players world class and we can all name players who left his teams and went back to being only very good.

I think he may run down the contract and go to Barcelona in 1 year. They are signing up a lot of out of contract players recently. I don't know if they can afford the wages but they appear to have found another magic money tree after the shock of losing Messi.

Salah's best season with us was his first season where he scored 32 league goals and none where from penalties, so disagree it would take someone a few years to be as good as Salah.

Besides, if Salah were to leave, his replacement may not necessarily be the focal point of the offense, therefore the benefit of extra opportunities to score may be go Jota, or Mane or Diaz.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #222: Mar 25, 2022 03:54:29 pm
      Bored with all this now.

It will be what it will be.

At end of the day Liverpool FC will be here for many many years to come, players come and go.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #223: Mar 25, 2022 04:18:03 pm

Need to cash in if he is going . Having someone running down the last year is also not great as well as the obvious financial loss
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #224: Mar 25, 2022 04:19:24 pm
      If he decides to go then he leaves with good memories & winning the lot with us, hopefully he can add 3 more end of season.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #225: Mar 25, 2022 09:13:30 pm
      Need to cash in if he is going . Having someone running down the last year is also not great as well as the obvious financial loss

Tough because you also have to consider how much you can sell him for.

If we are only getting low ball offer you have to consider might be better off to keep him for one more season as he could be the difference maker in winning the league which worth more then 40m (IMO).
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #226: Mar 25, 2022 11:26:50 pm
      Saw a mock up of him in a Barca kit on FB

Firstly, it made me sick just looking at it.

Secondly, didn't want to put it up in here as it made me feel even sicker!!!

Just did not look right!!!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #227: Mar 26, 2022 04:20:07 pm

wtf is it with Barca havent we emptied their bank account enough.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #228: Mar 26, 2022 05:14:49 pm

Stay away from it mate. If he goes he goes , he won’t get better than what he’s got now THE BEST MANAGER AND FANS ANY PLAYER COULD ASK FOR , it really is a backward step as countless players can testify too .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #229: Mar 26, 2022 08:53:18 pm
      Stay away from it mate. If he goes he goes , he won’t get better than what he’s got now THE BEST MANAGER AND FANS ANY PLAYER COULD ASK FOR , it really is a backward step as countless players can testify too .

he should  phone Gini and ask  him how its going

Quick Reply