Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Rafa and Chairmen blow out continues...

Read 10958 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Rafa and Chairmen blow out continues...
      Reply #46: Nov 26, 2007 02:44:48 pm
      That's really put my mind at ease that Paul. 

It's always nice for him to declare his happiness at the club.  I want Rafa to stay on at Liverpool for as long as he possibly can - and I don't want that to be in a couple of months.

The three should really sort things out.  They're mounting a lot of speculation and pressure on their fans & players.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #47: Nov 26, 2007 02:45:47 pm
      I don't think this sacking culture is going to bleed it's way into our club! The only thing I'm worried about is Rafa tiring of having no influence on transfer dealings and leaving the club! I couldn't see him doing that any time during the season though, it would be after the last league game and then the finals we have reached ::) :P

It does not look good does it.

There is a saying in Spanish "lo que mal empieza mal acaba" translated "what starts badly will end badly".

This does not look good for the future of our club - on or off the field. Rafa is not a one man, he is a group of players and back-room staff that will want out the moment he walks.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #48: Nov 26, 2007 02:47:06 pm
      I am really not liking Tony Barrett TBH, I have always relied on the Echo for the facts when it comes to all things Liverpool, with him writing the articles we get just the same sh*te as any other paper. This latest piece is just pure speculation once again, not one genuine source.

The is the 2nd Scum like report in a couple of weeks from this man. Does he have the club's good at heart?

Doesn't look like it does it - the c**t.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #49: Nov 26, 2007 02:54:46 pm
      A source close to the club has told me that the real reasons behind the bust-up are nothing like what's been reported. Rafa has brought in a policy of only signing players who are willing to let him sleep with their wives, and has also insisted on feeding his players Fray Bentos pies five minutesbefore the start of each game. It is these unusual practises that have made Hicks & Gillett unsure whether Benitez is the right man for the job.

The above is a load of bollocks I have just made up off the top of my head, however it is just about as reliable as the bollocks written in certain newspapers recently, and contains just as many sources. I'll leave it down to you to decide if Tony Barrett is any more believable than myself, personally I don't think he is.
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2007 02:58:59 pm by EddieC »
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #50: Nov 26, 2007 02:58:20 pm
      I am really not liking Tony Barrett TBH, I have always relied on the Echo for the facts when it comes to all things Liverpool, with him writing the articles we get just the same sh*te as any other paper. This latest piece is just pure speculation once again, not one genuine source.

Exactly , not one genuine source and when are journalists going to be made accountable for there actions? it's so frustrating not really knowing whats going on.
      The statement yesterday was a bit ambiguous and sounds like they are waiting to see how results go.
      There needs to be a statement made by the club quashing any rumours about sacking.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2007 12:13:47 am by LondonRed »
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #51: Nov 26, 2007 03:00:26 pm
      A source close to the club has told me that the real reasons behind the bust-up are nothing like what's been reported. Rafa has brought in a policy of only signing players who are willing to let him sleep with their wives, and has also insisted on feeding his players Fray Bentos pies five minutesbefore the start of each game. It is these unusual practises that have made Hicks & Gillett unsure whether Benitez is the right man for the job.

:D brilliant
      johnbarnesno1
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #52: Nov 26, 2007 03:18:25 pm
      Surely they won't be so ignorant as to get rid of Rafa. He's been our best manager for ages.

It will be a huge step backwards for the club.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #53: Nov 26, 2007 05:16:33 pm
      First of all, I would like to say that the American surely don’t appreciate Benitez and do not realize the sort of money he is saving at the club.  And any new candidate will require a lot of financial backing.   His record in the transfer market has been very good and more importantly is getting better.  The truth is he has made the owners look as if they have spent a lot more than they actually have.  According to my calculations they have only spent a few millions more than the average of 15m over the previous years.  We sold players there an increment in turnover from the TV pay-outs.   
      Surely that’s not the reason that they were chosen to purchase the club!  If Benitez needs funds then it is there job to give him the funds and more importantly as Benitez is not a mass spender like his competitors to back him and ensure that the ground work for targets are done!

I think its time like the rest have pointed out to show the Americans the tremendous support for Benitez.  If this is a war of power then let’s clearly show the newcomers where our priorities lie.  After all, Mourinho touted as a possible replacement, must be really winding Benitez up. 

I have the utmost respect for Benitez and have always believe that he is the right man for the job.  But if he was to walk out of the job he would get no support and for me would be a villain. As this is not Valencia this is one of the best clubs in the world.  Here if he can build a squad and achieve silverware he can reach to any heights possible as a manager.   He will never get another club like us again.  My message is this if its politics carry on Benitez, but don’t walk away, we as fans will always support you and try to teach these Americans that we have a culture of backing our talent all the way. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #54: Nov 26, 2007 05:47:25 pm
      Rafa doesn't need to talk about all this transfer talk yet.

All he needs is owners who understand football.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #55: Nov 26, 2007 09:55:32 pm
      If Rafa's sacked then this is what the new Anfield may look like

at kick off time.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #56: Nov 26, 2007 09:59:54 pm
      Oh and some really great replies to the article on the site yesterday.  Some very well constructed comments just about keeping a lid on our fury.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/11/25/editorial-a-disgrace-to-liverpool-fc/
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #57: Nov 26, 2007 10:06:38 pm
      been busy koolkidda ;D.

1- Im behind Rafa but Liverpool has never been a club for washing its dirty linen in public and it should stop immediately.

2- where the hell is Rick Parry in all this????

I've heard that Rafa is to apologise soon.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #58: Nov 26, 2007 10:08:47 pm
      I've heard that Rafa is to apologise soon.

I can't believe he would do that.  In fact, I don't want him to.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #59: Nov 26, 2007 10:19:36 pm
      I imagine the replies to that article must be close to exceeding the ones to the other one a few months ago regarding Bill Tom and Ted George?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #60: Nov 26, 2007 10:20:47 pm
      Oh and some really great replies to the article on the site yesterday.  Some very well constructed comments just about keeping a lid on our fury.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/11/25/editorial-a-disgrace-to-liverpool-fc/

Good response to that! Bloody hell! ;D

I can't believe he would do that.  In fact, I don't want him to.

I don't want him to either, although I think the owners will have a different view on things when they meet up. I'm sure Rafa is going to put his point across without punching below the belt

:lmao:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #61: Nov 27, 2007 12:05:33 am
      I've just seen the morning papers on Sky Sports News and I'm F***ing fuming.

The words 'adios' & 'Reds stars will look for exit'.

F***ing sh*t stirrers.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #62: Nov 27, 2007 12:25:26 am
      Where's our players point of view?

Surely our Club Captain and Vice Captain have something to say to us? 

Or maybe our lads are just as confused as we are...

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #63: Nov 27, 2007 12:27:48 am
      Where's our players point of view?

Surely our Club Captain and Vice Captain have something to say to us? 

Or maybe our lads are just as confused as we are...

Probably! If Rafa doesn't know whats happening then they're definitley not going to be in the know! Plus it's probably worth more than their job to open their gobs about the goings on!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #64: Nov 27, 2007 12:29:49 am
      They shouldn't be scared.  Especially Steven Gerrard & Jamie Carragher.

They should come out and say, we're behind Rafa 100%.  The fans need reassuring. 

Step up Sir Steve Gerrard.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #65: Nov 27, 2007 01:13:52 am
      Hopefully the players are only focusing on Wednesday. Massive game for us and to win it will send the proper message out! I think I'd rather hear from Parry to be honest. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

As for the papers Court, try not let it get to you mate. They're aiming their headlines at all the anti Liverpool people in the country.
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #66: Nov 27, 2007 11:52:09 am
      i knew all this sh*t would happen as soon as the yanks took over Rafa is 100% right to moan about discussing transfers early as too get ahead , at this level some players are too good to miss out on but the yanks don't seem to fully understand that is would be a great shame if we lose Rafa as things finally seem to be coming together at the academy, reserves and the first team is the strongest squad we've had in a long time. IN RAFA WE TRUST
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #67: Nov 27, 2007 01:38:23 pm
      This is as much about Rick Parry crap professional relationship with the new owners as it is about Rafa.

If Rick Parry can't back Rafa up - say should simply say so.

Rick Parry, stand-up, be counted - one way or the other - do it now or forever be held in distrust by LFC fans across the world.
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #68: Nov 27, 2007 03:28:37 pm
      I've been reading in silly paper's how if Rafa is sacked that there will Be a mass Exodus of players leaving including xabi, pepe, torres and masch

Quick Reply