Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Rafa and Chairmen blow out continues...

Read 10944 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Rafa and Chairmen blow out continues...
      Reply #69: Nov 27, 2007 03:47:30 pm
      Just seen footage of Rafa's press conference today.

THIS IS NOT LOOKING GOOD PEEPS.

He is an angry man, very angry.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #70: Nov 27, 2007 04:00:48 pm
      Just seen footage of Rafa's press conference today.

THIS IS NOT LOOKING GOOD PEEPS.

He is an angry man, very angry.

Where did you see that donrafael?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #71: Nov 27, 2007 04:20:03 pm
      hey donrafael, you say you know an insider at the club whats there side of it?

I knew this would happen when we got these knobheads in charge, F***ing give us back to David Moores, might not be the richest but he let us get on with things.

Rafa you got all our support.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #72: Nov 27, 2007 05:05:29 pm
      hey donrafael, you say you know an insider at the club whats there side of it?

I knew this would happen when we got these knobheads in charge, f***ing give us back to David Moores, might not be the richest but he let us get on with things.

Rafa you got all our support.

No sorry I'm Walter Mitty... I can't talk about this stuff...

Seriously though, I don't want to give too much away, but when Pako and Rafa fell out pre-season, Rick Parry put it all down to latin temperament and openly said that both parties "would get over it".

In fairness to Parry, he didn't accept Pako's immediate resignation for a good long while (and again kept quiet instead of openly/publicly dealiing with the issue that was creating very bad vibes within Melwood - that I know for a fact is true and I got it from the horses mouth as it were...). I suppose Parry was hoping that both parties fixed their "latiness" - which to be frank was impossible anyway as Rafa had by that time recruited two new faces (both known to Pako and Rafa before they came to LFC) with the full approval of Parry and behind Pako's back during the close season.

I have not spoken to the guy I know, (I know?) more like a friend/close family member of someone who works within the Melwood set-up - for a good few weeks now... the person in question hasn't been back to Madrid for a long while now, not even during the international break.

Never forget, Rafa is a Madrid bloke through and through... but I would hate to see him return to Spain in a hurry, he has too much unfinished business at Anfield - and I would truly hate for him to leave LFC through the back door.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #73: Nov 27, 2007 05:46:27 pm
      All here.

Just recorded it via my mobile phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Iv7dPxcm0

Caught me Dads voice somewhere, big gob!  :D

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #74: Nov 27, 2007 06:15:39 pm
      Quality - thanks Court, was glad to hear them mention all the support he'll be receiving and that was a top banner  ;) 
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #75: Nov 27, 2007 06:19:46 pm
      No probs Smiggs :D

Gillette: Rafa the best a man can get.

Quality!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #76: Nov 27, 2007 07:11:39 pm
      Thanks for giving us the opportunity to see that Court, certainly interesting viewing, think the yanks will have a shock when they see just how much support Rafa has got from the fans.
      Don't think they realise just how much he means to us.
      Or how important he is to the future success of Liverpool Football Club.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #77: Nov 27, 2007 08:06:48 pm
      My problem is I havne't herad or seen any indication that rafa's job is underthreat - its all media and reporters saying these things...

I am also happy to have NOT heard from the players about it, the last thing we need is those slimey news people creeping around asking questions of the guys while they're trying to get there head on the porto match etc.

its important to not feed the fire on this, that is exactly what the papers will thrive on - we can prove that unlike the russian and his mess of a club, we can resolve a little misunderstanding with class and quickness.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #78: Nov 27, 2007 08:12:47 pm
      Yes, maybe if Rick Parry has no problem with Benitez and can get his finger out of his...........!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #79: Nov 27, 2007 08:16:31 pm
      I see that interview as a genuine attempt at staying as diplomatic as possible! A lot of people just assume he's being funny but I think it's his way of letting everyone know there's to be no goading controversy from him!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #80: Nov 28, 2007 08:42:43 am
      If you take a step back and ignore everything that has been said by the media, just focusing on what's actually come from people at the club, there hasn't really been anything to suggest that this is such a big thing. It is obvious that there was a bit of a falling out, but nothing like the scale the media are reporting. Sometimes when someone's chatting a load of sh*te about you people decide it's not even worth their while denying it, which could well be the case here, but if it is the chairmen should have thought more about the fans & put our minds at ease.

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, but I don't see Rafa going unless he has a run of very poor results.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #81: Nov 28, 2007 04:30:35 pm
      So true, but its our duty to let the americans know Benitez's importance!  And that the transfer market is a integral part of success and every window needs to be used to refresh the squad effectively.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #82: Nov 29, 2007 04:20:00 am
      I'm sure once G&H fly over we will all get a healthy dosage of clarity on the subject.  I would like to say that everyone who signed the petition and have made the march I am very proud to be a liverpool supporter.  Im not the most educated in football history but i don't know of any other fans that have done that, at least in recent times.  I am proud to be a red!!! and well done against porto boys!!!!!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #83: Nov 29, 2007 07:32:40 am
      Damn it, I hate this yellow papers. Now they say that Benitez is right in front of being fired and that he is considered by FA to be one of the candidates for next national team coach.

IMO they (Rafa, G/H) should meet right now to clear the tension...and prevent any further speculation and misunderstanding.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #84: Nov 29, 2007 02:11:44 pm
      Last night at the game, both the demo before and of course during the match I was so proud to be a red. When Rafa came out and clapped all four sides of the ground I was close to tears!!!!   After I arrived back home I logged on to the Sky site and listened to Rafa's interview, and Rafa's acknowledgment to the fans, forget football,    RAFA BENITEZ IS A THOROUGHLY  DECENT MAN.  and we are blessed to have him at our club.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2007 02:14:59 pm by neilh2105 »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #85: Dec 02, 2007 12:40:35 pm
      Jornous on SS1 Sunday Supplement agreed this morning that if Rafa doesn't win the Prem he should be sacked.

WHY DO THEY HATE RAFA SO, SO MUCH?

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #86: Dec 02, 2007 12:51:17 pm
      Jornous on SS1 Sunday Supplement agreed this morning that if Rafa doesn't win the Prem he should be sacked.

Let them spout their sh*t, at the end of the day, the people that matter support Rafa! Us fans! We're the only people who need to be behind him! An 'Us against the world' mentaltity is a brilliant factor that can be instilled at a football club, giving the players a desire to prove people wrong without having to motivate them that much!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #87: Dec 02, 2007 06:48:38 pm

I hate that programme. It's bad enough that you have to put up with their rubbish splattered all over the pages of the newspapers in first place. The notion to sit there and actually see them talking sh*t baffles me. These smug idiots get paid to sell newspapers and not to win trophies. That's probably why they hate Rafa so much.  ;)
      Don't waste your time watching it, have a kick about with your son instead mate.

Back on topic. I think it's fair to say Rafa and the Chairmen's blow it is not continuing?
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #88: Dec 03, 2007 10:58:12 am
      As long as we keep winning then the media will keep quiet. As for the actual people involved, who knows? We can only speculate so I just hope and pray that they will restore their relationship and move forward and the team keeps playing well.
      I was really annoyed yesterday. I heard on the television and radio a number of times that it was Rafa who brought it on himself by his behavior. This is debatable and not exactly objective. We only know this - that Benitez was sarcastic in his replies to the media and witty in in wearing a tracksuit on the matchday against Newcastle. A cheeky response to the owners but surely not a sackable offence?.He definitely didn't spout the nonsense that Mourinho came out with. We don't know whether Benitez acted like this out of desperation and had nothing to lose. For all we know he could of been threatened by Hicks and Gillette on no uncertain terms. We don't really know how he has been treated.
      I personally think the trouble has been brewing for some time. Benitez is not afraid to speak his mind on issues and feeling his position was extremely secure was openly critical by the manner in which the club goes after players and telling the owners or their sons that they were making a mistake. He had the best interests of the club in mind. Not liking this, the only way to keep Benitez quiet was to tell him to get on with the job in hand, and that they'll talk in December. That was the official version. I feel it was a lot more ruthless but I'm just speculating. This was a power struggle which the manager can never ultimately win as the last resort the owners have is to wave a p45 at him. Benitez wouldn't take that sort of bullying so it resulted in this lastest episode. The magnifying glass of the media have distorted it out of proportion but the positive side to all this is that the fans have demonstrated magnificently, the players have responded brilliantly and what really really matters is that Liverpool are winning.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2007 11:10:54 am by LondonRed »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #89: Dec 03, 2007 11:26:31 am
      As long as we keep winning then the media will keep quiet. As for the actual people involved, who knows? We can only speculate so I just hope and pray that they will restore their relationship and move forward and the team keeps playing well.
      I was really annoyed yesterday. I heard on the television and radio a number of times that it was Rafa who brought it on himself by his behavior. This is debatable and not exactly objective. We only know this - that Benitez was sarcastic in his replies to the media and witty in in wearing a tracksuit on the matchday against Newcastle. A cheeky response to the owners but surely not a sackable offence?.He definitely didn't spout the nonsense that Mourinho came out with. We don't know whether Benitez acted like this out of desperation and had nothing to lose. For all we know he could of been threatened by Hicks and Gillette on no uncertain terms. We don't really know how he has been treated.
      I personally think the trouble has been brewing for some time. Benitez is not afraid to speak his mind on issues and feeling his position was extremely secure was openly critical by the manner in which the club goes after players and telling the owners or their sons that they were making a mistake. He had the best interests of the club in mind. Not liking this, the only way to keep Benitez quiet was to tell him to get on with the job in hand, and that they'll talk in December. That was the official version. I feel it was a lot more ruthless but I'm just speculating. This was a power struggle which the manager can never ultimately win as the last resort the owners have is to wave a p45 at him. Benitez wouldn't take that sort of bullying so it resulted in this lastest episode. The magnifying glass of the media have distorted it out of proportion but the positive side to all this is that the fans have demonstrated magnificently, the players have responded brilliantly and what really really matters is that Liverpool are winning.

Don't forget Rick Parry's ambigous role in the episode.

Money MUST have been promised to Rafa for the January window, he wouldn't have kicked up the fuss otherwise, and it has now dissapeared.

Why? Three words.

NEW.

STADIUM.

BUDGET.

This has gone over by around GBP 150M from original estimations of Parry and G&H architects.

The relationships that have broken down here are Parry's with Rafa ...and G&H with Parry. Don't be mislead.

- Do you hear Parry say a good word or defend Rafa? Nope.

- Do you hear Parry defend, clarify, rubbish any negative reports about G or H? Yes, within two nano-seconds...

Rick Parry has become a meaningless (no power, not to his word) and untrusted (not in the family) middle-man.

Rafael would do well to establish a relationship (and communication channel) wth the organ grinders - but where would that leave the monkey?

The only way forward is having a CEO in place with some level of decision and commitment adherence - as is the case with the Arse, Chavski and Manure. This will one day mean that either G&H put a trusted son in the CEO position.

If our owners are going to be as remote as they are, the CEO role with some level of authority is VITAL.

This episode (which may well be repeated, if not sorted) has been a lot more about Rick Parry's lame duck predicament that Rafa's or the owner's attitudes... but Rafa has taken all the sh*te for it and Parry seems to have come out smelling of roses (with the press at least).

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2007 11:29:53 am by donrafael »
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #90: Dec 03, 2007 11:38:11 am
      Don't forget Rick Parry's ambigous role in the episode.

Money MUST have been promised to Rafa for the January window, he wouldn't have kicked up the fuss otherwise, and it has now dissapeared.

Why? Three words.

NEW.

STADIUM.

BUDGET.

This has gone over by around GBP 150M from original estimations of Parry and G&H architects.

The relationships that have broken down here are Parry's with Rafa ...and G&H with Parry. Don't be mislead.

- Do you hear Parry say a good word or defend Rafa? Nope.

- Do you hear Parry defend, clarify, rubbish any negative reports about G or H? Yes, within two nano-seconds...

Rick Parry has become a meaningless (no power, not to his word) and untrusted (not in the family) middle-man.

Rafael would do well to establish a relationship (and communication channel) wth the organ grinders - but where would that leave the monkey?

The only way forward is having a CEO in place with some level of decision and commitment adherence - as is the case with the Arse, Chavski and Manure. This will one day mean that either G&H put a trusted son in the CEO position.

If our owners are going to be as remote as they are, the CEO role with some level of authority is VITAL.

This episode (which may well be repeated, if not sorted) has been a lot more about Rick Parry's lame duck predicament that Rafa's or the owner's attitudes... but Rafa has taken all the sh*te for it and Parry seems to have come out smelling of roses (with the press at least).

yeah I completely agree with you. I left Parry out of my assessment when I should of included him.
      I presume that due to Parry's ineffectiveness, Rafa has got used to having a dialogue with the owners making Parry's role seem insignificant.
      Parry seems to of failed in his role to foster good relations between the owners and the manager. If the owners are to be distant then as you rightly say the club will need an effective CEO.

I acknowledge that the stadium budget might have an impact on January transfers but wasn't this about securing two free signings and a relatively inexpensive defender?
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2007 11:47:26 am by LondonRed »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #91: Dec 04, 2007 07:38:43 pm
      I got this in an email today:

Some lad I know who has good contacts within LFC (and is
                        by no means a bullsh*tter) met one of the directors after
                        the match on Wednesday who was once a business partner of
                        his dad.  Anyway this director told him that the
                        misunderstanding was down to Rick Parry.  Apparently Rafa
                        was instructed to conduct his transfer activities through
                        Rick Parry, then Parry would inform the owners then get
                        the ball rolling after he'd had the ok.

So, as instructed, Rafa told Parry he wanted to bring in
                        three players next year, one free, one cheap and one on a
                        Bosman.  He also planned to sell one player for a fee
                        greater than the player he wanted to sign so the club
                        would have actually made money.

Here is where the problem occurred.....Parry failed to
                        inform the Americans of Rafa's plans.

Anyway Rafa waited and waited but obviously never got a
                        response from the owners so he phoned them just before
                        that infamous press conference last week.  The Yanks told
                        Rafa to do one and conduct his activities through Parry
                        and in the meantime concentrate on coaching his own
                        players (hence the repetitive statements at the press
                        conference).

Here's the scary part, Rafa wore that tracky at Newcastle
                        as a final dig at the owners, then handed his resignation
                        to Parry on Sunday.  Realising what he had done wrong,
                        Parry confessed to Benitez that he had failed to inform
                        the owners, and Benitez immidiately withdrew his
                        resignation.  The level of comparitive peace now at
                        Anfield is due to Parry informing the Americans that the
                        misunderstanding was all down to him.  The owners are
                        still said to be seething at how Rafa handled it in
                        public but accept that it was down to Parry's ineptitude.

What do you make of that ?  or just more gossip ??  ???

Quick Reply