Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match: Real Madrid V Liverpool - UCL quarter final 1st leg - Tues April 6

Read 6466 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Pre match: Real Madrid V Liverpool - UCL quarter final 1st leg - Tues April 6
      Reply #23: Apr 05, 2021 03:55:45 pm
      Salah going down for a pen deffo!

Certainly need to tell Mane he needs to go down when he’s fouled in the box, rather than fighting to stay upright !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre match: Real Madrid V Liverpool - UCL quarter final 1st leg - Tues April 6
      Reply #24: Apr 05, 2021 04:08:43 pm
      Anyone have an idea of how they will line up?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25: Apr 05, 2021 05:15:15 pm
      Keeping Bobby in the starting lineup and bringing Jota in off the bench. He seems to excel doing that for us. Gini has to play this one so it's a pretty easy team to pick.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #26: Apr 05, 2021 05:25:56 pm
      Keeping Bobby in the starting lineup and bringing Jota in off the bench. He seems to excel doing that for us. Gini has to play this one so it's a pretty easy team to pick.

Personally I would love to see all the front 4 start. Just take it them and pin them back with constant pressing.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27: Apr 05, 2021 05:43:12 pm
      We will win this match because everyone knows it is the only way to being a successful year.

Come on Reds
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #28: Apr 05, 2021 05:51:50 pm
      Away goal or goals needed one of  our most potent threats needs to play maximum minutes possible
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #29: Apr 05, 2021 06:00:13 pm
      Clean sheet is important as well although a home clean sheet is more vital.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Apr 05, 2021 08:50:30 pm
      This time tomorrow the blood pressure will be up a tad
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #31: Apr 05, 2021 08:55:29 pm
      Without that thug Ramos i like our chances even better. While our CB pairing is young and inexperienced, it will help that the Bernabeu will be empty so they can focus on the game and not (potentially) rattled by the atmosphere.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32: Apr 05, 2021 09:02:26 pm
      Without that thug Ramos i like our chances even better. While our CB pairing is young and inexperienced, it will help that the Bernabeu will be empty so they can focus on the game and not (potentially) rattled by the atmosphere.

Not playing in the bernabeu. Playing in the b team stadium named after Alfredo di stefano
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #33: Apr 05, 2021 09:04:59 pm
      Not playing in the bernabeu. Playing in the b team stadium named after Alfredo di stefano

Fair enough. Either way there won't be any atmosphere to worry about intimidating the inexperienced backline.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34: Apr 05, 2021 09:15:13 pm
      Fair enough. Either way there won't be any atmosphere to worry about intimidating the inexperienced backline.

True. Still going to be a very tough game
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #35: Apr 05, 2021 09:22:57 pm
      Salah going down for a pen deffo!

The payback dream!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #36: Apr 05, 2021 09:39:00 pm

Or the ref 😬
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Apr 05, 2021 10:28:23 pm
      This is the match Sadio gets his form back.

I can feel it in my bones

2 from Sadio, 1 from Mo and 1 from Diogo would do brilliantly.

Clean sheet would be F***ing awesome as well.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #38: Apr 06, 2021 12:26:30 am
      This is the match Sadio gets his form back.

I can feel it in my bones

2 from Sadio, 1 from Mo and 1 from Diogo would do brilliantly.

Clean sheet would be f**king awesome as well.

Not asking for much then Aussie 😂😂😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Apr 06, 2021 01:08:51 am

Not asking for much then Aussie 😂😂😂

Sounds reasonable Bud...everything crossed!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #40: Apr 06, 2021 08:18:43 am
      I'm more excited than ever. We can do it. Come on Reds.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #41: Apr 06, 2021 09:02:50 am
      Good feeling we will get through to the semi's,we need to score first tonight and then the game will open up as i think Zidane will be happy with a 1-0 or 0-0 and fancy there chances of scoring in the second leg,would hate to go out on away goals.A good German ref tonight who won't take their diving and cheating,hopefully a lucky omen as he reffed our 2018 games against City 3-0 and Roma 5-2.Real have lost their last two games with Felix in charge.Can't wait for this game.COYR
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #42: Apr 06, 2021 10:06:42 am
      Good feeling we will get through to the semi's,we need to score first tonight and then the game will open up as i think Zidane will be happy with a 1-0 or 0-0 and fancy there chances of scoring in the second leg,would hate to go out on away goals.A good German ref tonight who won't take their diving and cheating,hopefully a lucky omen as he reffed our 2018 games against City 3-0 and Roma 5-2.Real have lost their last two games with Felix in charge.Can't wait for this game.COYR

Yes I remember being relatively impressed with this ref, can’t stand Real and Barca diving and cheating
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #43: Apr 06, 2021 10:22:12 am
      Can’t help but think Jürgen will have the boys fired up for this tonight, it’s our one and only chance of tin left this season and he won’t want to go 8 games without something to look forward to, there is the mini league for a top 4 finish but you don’t win any cups or medals finishing in 4th, that’s not a achievement, it may be for others but certainly not for us,

Historically we owe these and Jürgen is not the type to forget the past, although he won’t admit it publicly he’ll want to exact some kind of revenge,and that will happen tonight when we absolutely batter these fuckers in their own back yard,

I don’t watch much La Liga football but I doubt there are many teams in it that can match the intensity we operate with, and I can’t ever remember a Zidane X1 that parks any buses, for me it’s about who can dominate in the key areas, usually midfield, in Fabinho and Thiago we have two top players that can match anything they have, then it’s a toss up who plays with them Gini, Millie, Keita, Jones, I’d opt for Gini but I see the logic in Milner with his invaluable experience ,

I’m confident  going there knowing we can dominate the game, and if we can get a early goal we could get 3 or 4, I’m not getting carried away here, I genuinely believe we can batter this lot, if we are on it and I think we will, they are in deep sh*t, and we are in the semi’s.

Y  N  W  A

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #44: Apr 06, 2021 10:40:22 am
      We need Alisson, Kabak and Phillips on their best and our attack firing all cylinders. But I'm encouraged by our turn of form.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #45: Apr 06, 2021 10:41:27 am
      Confident we can win this tonight. A similar performance to the away game v Leipzig.

Mane, Jota, Salah front three should be to good for this Madrid defence without their leader Ramos.

Quick Reply