Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match: Real Madrid V Liverpool - UCL quarter final 1st leg - Tues April 6

Read 6467 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre match: Real Madrid V Liverpool - UCL quarter final 1st leg - Tues April 6
      Reply #46: Apr 06, 2021 11:40:14 am
      Whos that coming up the hill boys
      The reds are coming up the hill boys!!!
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Re: Pre match: Real Madrid V Liverpool - UCL quarter final 1st leg - Tues April 6
      Reply #47: Apr 06, 2021 11:57:00 am

Alisson
         Trent Phillips Kabak Robbo
           Thiago. Fabinho. Gini
           Jota      Salah.   Mane.....

My team exactly.  This will be the first real test of Kabak and Phillips but, as Jürgen said, our defence starts with the front three.  I'd happily take a 2-2 back to (an elbeit empty) Anfield.  Impact subs?  Shaq is in good form, obvoiously Bobby is back and, much as I doubt him, it could be a good game for Keita - well, a good 20 minutes!   

Lots of questions to be asked about the final against Bayern, but we'll worry about those when the time comes; which it will.
      This IS Liverpool.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #48: Apr 06, 2021 12:04:56 pm
      I’m confident  going there knowing we can dominate the game, and if we can get a early goal we could get 3 or 4, I’m not getting carried away here, I genuinely believe we can batter this lot, if we are on it and I think we will, they are in deep sh*t, and we are in the semi’s.

Y  N  W  A
      Like your thoughts, but I think we'll walk it against Chesea or Porto in the semis, so we're talking about Bayern in the final. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #49: Apr 06, 2021 12:05:40 pm
      Going in to this game feeling very optimistic and a complete 180 from how I felt only 4 weeks ago.

How quickly things can change in football the turnaround in our performances and intensity has been huge largely down to a solid CB pairing, Fab back in his natural DM position, Trent back in form, and Jota firing on all cylinders immediately after coming back from injury. 

Will be a tough game for sure but we're playing this lot at the right time now we have our hunger and desire back.

No fear bring em on.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #50: Apr 06, 2021 12:32:23 pm
      Starting to feel the nerves now a bit going to be a pretty sleepless night and long wait to 5am.

No Bobby no Party for mine he starts tomorrow night looked to have had his touch back against the Arse and did a lot of dog work which will be needed when you have a midfield of Modric and Kroos controlling the game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #51: Apr 06, 2021 12:48:05 pm
      Varane out of this one for them. Covid positive.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #52: Apr 06, 2021 12:51:27 pm
      Varane out of this one for them. Covid positive.

Beat me to it! Looks like it will be Nacho and Miltao who have never played together and the latter has been pretty sh*t since he moved from Porto. It’s now or never go for the jagular F**k it start all 4 of them up front.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #53: Apr 06, 2021 01:28:29 pm
      Sounds reasonable Bud...everything crossed!

Love your optimism mate. I’ve gone for 0-2 👍🏻
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #54: Apr 06, 2021 01:42:01 pm
      Just on way to Spain. Lucky to get tickets for this. Coach is packed with fans singing and getting drunk. We just stopped off at some pub to replenish our stock. Atmosphere is great.
      Ny phone is broken or I would send you pictures.

FACT-CHECK: this is false. The person writing this post is actually watching tv with his kids.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #55: Apr 06, 2021 01:42:39 pm
      I think Mane returns tonight but Ive a feeling the man of the match award will be Thiagos tonighr
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #56: Apr 06, 2021 01:52:14 pm
      Just on way to Spain. Lucky to get tickets for this. Coach is packed with fans singing and getting drunk. We just stopped off at some pub to replenish our stock. Atmosphere is great.
      Ny phone is broken or I would send you pictures.

FACT-CHECK: this is false. The person writing this post is actually watching tv with his kids.

Haha good one
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #57: Apr 06, 2021 01:53:50 pm
      6 hours to go and the butterflies have started, even though I feel fairly confident, I also feel a tad nervous too, I don't trust these at all.

I may be inclined to leave Jota on the bench and let him come on and scare the life out of them, bring him on on the hour mark and let him run wild.

Just hope for a decent game and a strong Ref.

Come on you might red men  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #58: Apr 06, 2021 02:02:48 pm
      Jota is a conundrum.

Some say start him and drop Bobby

Some say start him, with the other 3

And others want him off the bench to repwat his previous feats off the bench.

I think hes a better option off the bench then the other 3 but I woukd show rhese no respect tonight and Id start all 4 and go to stick the knife in early
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #59: Apr 06, 2021 02:03:59 pm
      They might even play Casemiro at the back?
      I think they were going to go as 3 5 2 not sure if they will still
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: Apr 06, 2021 02:06:03 pm
      I’d be shocked if it isn’t...

Alisson
      Trent - Phillips - Kabak - Robbo
                      Fabinho
                  Gini  -  Thiago
           Salah  -  Jota  -  Mane

That's what I'd go with.
      Would start Jota rather than Bob, he's just been the most clinical of our front guys so why leave on the bench.
      The middle is a bit defensive, could maybe start Jones instead of Thiago or Gini to get more creativity, but don't think he will - go with experience.
      Mane has looked decent in open play but poor taking chances - would be great if that changed tonite.

MASSIVE game :)
      Love the CL matches when it gets to this stage, for me it's the best football you can watch bar none.
      Shouldn't underestimate these fucksticks, they have history in this comp, but so have we - and maybe our form is starting to take an upswing.
      Could REALLY be doing will staying in the CL - so CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #61: Apr 06, 2021 02:22:19 pm
      Jota is a conundrum.

I think hes a better option off the bench then the other 3 but I woukd show rhese no respect tonight and Id start all 4 and go to stick the knife in early

Given the fact home advantage is negligible this year but away goals still count for more, I'm coming round to the idea of playing all four and just going for it tonight. Either way I think Jota has to start given his current form.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #62: Apr 06, 2021 02:24:07 pm
      Gone for a score draw tonight 1 - 1, think scoring an away goal or even 2 is vital. Anyhow feeling quite confident that we can make it through to the semi finals, one way or another.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #63: Apr 06, 2021 02:39:32 pm
      Jota has to start. Our biggest goal threat along with salah. This is a great opportunity to go and score some goals and kill the tie.

Going for a 3–1 win
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #64: Apr 06, 2021 04:32:11 pm
      This is a great opportunity to go and score some goals and kill the tie.

The thing I've learned from this competition is that there are not many scorelines that kill a tie in the first leg!

I think our recent record at empty Anfield only makes all the equations even trickier.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #65: Apr 06, 2021 04:48:42 pm
      Real Madrid really strong on midfield,  would be a mistake in my opinion to just have 2 in there
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #66: Apr 06, 2021 04:52:15 pm
      Real Madrid really strong on midfield,  would be a mistake in my opinion to just have 2 in there

But if we play Bobby a bit deeper behind the other 3 one of their midfield is already tasked with having to watch Bobby.

Anyway no matter how the boss goes Im confident
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #67: Apr 06, 2021 05:13:28 pm
      A draw is a great result. The only club with a better European record than us still in it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #68: Apr 06, 2021 05:15:52 pm
      Jota is a conundrum.

Very surprised at this as personally he's first name on the team sheet for me.

Quick Reply