Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Pre match: Real Madrid V Liverpool - UCL quarter final 1st leg - Tues April 6

Read 6570 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre match: Real Madrid V Liverpool - UCL quarter final 1st leg - Tues April 6
      Reply #69: Apr 06, 2021 05:21:35 pm
      But if we play Bobby a bit deeper behind the other 3 one of their midfield is already tasked with having to watch Bobby.

Anyway no matter how the boss goes Im confident

I’m confident too, and honestly believe we’ll be too good for them, I do like the idea of Bobby being deeper but it’s something I think will need more time on the training paddock, i think Jürgen will go with Gini but wouldn’t rule out Milly, whoever plays RM will need to keep tabs on, I can see us winning by 3 and effectively booking our Semi final place.

Y  N  W  A
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Re: Pre match: Real Madrid V Liverpool - UCL quarter final 1st leg - Tues April 6
      Reply #70: Apr 06, 2021 05:33:36 pm
      Fair enough. Either way there won't be any atmosphere to worry about intimidating the inexperienced backline.

Hahaha Madrid and intimidating atmosphere definitely don't belong in the same sentence, the ground's impressive, but their fans are crap.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #71: Apr 06, 2021 05:38:26 pm
      Some people massively underestimating Madrid here. Benzema is going to pull Phillips and Kabak all over the place. We're going to need Fabinho to have another stormer covering the spaces in front of them.

One positive is that their defence will be relatively sh*te. I'd love to start Jota, but I can't see Klopp not starting Firmino for this one and there is no way he is not going with a midfield three of Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Thiago. Front three of Jota - Firmino - Salah? Most likely scenario is Jota starting on the bench again and coming on around the 65-70th minute mark to run riot.

We could go for the jugular and try to stick the knife in tonight, but let's not forget we'd also run the risk of this tie being over tonight if we're a bit too adventurous, considering our recent record at Anfield...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #72: Apr 06, 2021 05:44:44 pm
      Not playing in the bernabeu. Playing in the b team stadium named after Alfredo di stefano

This the ground

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #73: Apr 06, 2021 05:54:11 pm
      Some people massively underestimating Madrid here. Benzema is going to pull Phillips and Kabak all over the place. We're going to need Fabinho to have another stormer covering the spaces in front of them.

One positive is that their defence will be relatively sh*te. I'd love to start Jota, but I can't see Klopp not starting Firmino for this one and there is no way he is not going with a midfield three of Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Thiago. Front three of Jota - Firmino - Salah? Most likely scenario is Jota starting on the bench again and coming on around the 65-70th minute mark to run riot.

We could go for the jugular and try to stick the knife in tonight, but let's not forget we'd also run the risk of this tie being over tonight if we're a bit too adventurous, considering our recent record at Anfield...

This is the RM of 2021 not the RM of 2018, those two side are a world apart and Benzema is past his best, we have more than enough at the back to cope with him and anyone else for that matter, they will be more worried about us than we are of them, and being without their resident thug Ramos is akin to us without Virgil,
      Only one winner for me and they don’t play in white !

Y  N  W  A
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #74: Apr 06, 2021 06:13:32 pm
      This is the RM of 2021 not the RM of 2018

Unfortunately it's the 2021 version of Liverpool as well!  Difference between the two sides going into this game is that Madrid are in a title race.

Think it will be tougher than we think - Arsenal game will still be in the legs on top of the travelling, gone for a score draw.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #75: Apr 06, 2021 06:34:29 pm
      2-1 to the Redmen...👍🏼

Quick Reply