Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.9%)
      Ozan Kabak
      25 (36.8%)
      Nat Phillips
      4 (5.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.5%)
       Fabinho
      5 (7.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      16 (23.5%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (4.4%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (4.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: Apr 10, 2021 09:52:58 pm

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24263 times
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Re: Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Apr 06, 2021 11:00:28 pm
      FFS has anyone seen Dortmund's goal that was chalked off,what a joke,nothing wrong with that.
      Terrible decision - who do they play next round -Hartlepool? 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #576: Apr 06, 2021 11:05:38 pm
      Not a peep for ages? F**k off dick head

I’ve been saying for weeks on here kabak and Phillips will be exposed and that Fabinho HAS to play in the back four against top teams

Kabak played really well? He’s had f**king nothing to do. Even Neville said on commentary the other day that him and Tyler could have played centre halves for us arsenal were that bad.

Yeah  whatever.  You said that after ONE game he should never play for the club again. Get back under your rock
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #577: Apr 06, 2021 11:16:27 pm
      Stand by it too, he’s F***ing sh*te and completely out of his depth.

Grim shout, Kabak and Phillips played F***ing well tonight. Maybe if they were allowed to step back five yards, the two goals in the first half could of been avoided, but that's down to Klopp and his high line.

Mane's more of a F***ing worry at the moment!!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #578: Apr 06, 2021 11:18:46 pm
      Grim shout, Kabak and Phillips played f**king well tonight. Maybe if they were allowed to step back five yards, the two goals in the first half could of been avoided, but that's down to Klopp and his high line.

Mane's more of a f**king worry at the moment!!

Nat doesn't go blameless in the first goal, but Trent shares some of that blame too because he was in no-man's land too far from Nat therefore not in a position to support the incoming run from Vinicius.

Second goal is obviously 100% on Trent with the beautiful pass to Real.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #579: Apr 06, 2021 11:19:35 pm
      Grim shout, Kabak and Phillips played f**king well tonight. Maybe if they were allowed to step back five yards, the two goals in the first half could of been avoided, but that's down to Klopp and his high line.

Yep, said it just after the game, people picking out Kabak or Nat from that while nit a peep aboyt Robbo or Mane. Gini, Trent and Fab all gash too and could ask should Alisson be saving the 3rd but its aimed at the 2 lads.

Dont get it
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #580: Apr 06, 2021 11:37:28 pm

Kabak and Phillips were terrible. As was mane. And a couple of others.

But those two cbs will cost us top four and progressing in Europe if they’re paired against top opposition again.

Brian has quoted you saying he doesn’t understand why other players get away with criticism but I don’t understand why the book is passed or people deter the blame from these two just because of their age and inexperience. They were run raggid tonight.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #581: Apr 06, 2021 11:42:10 pm
      Do you just make sh*te up?

You said I hadn’t appeared anywhere on the forum until kabak had a bad game tonight, even though Ive stated several times in recent weeks that he shouldn’t be playing in big games for us and I’ve been very vocal about it.

You say I question where people are from. Quote me then. If I do it so often then throw half a dozen in here then.

You literally offer f**k all apart from quoting people and talking sh*t.

Last time you did this you messaged me apologising saying you need to count to ten before posting in future  :lmao:

Put me on block if I irritate you that much you divy

Wouldn't waste my breath making the effort. I hope you and your enormous ego are very happy together . You are the one making stuff up now, I apologised because I thought your pm was aggressive and threatening but when I read it back it wasn't.  Not going to play your silly games, you know damn well you have asked people where they come from. You just come on and spout knee jerk stuff , perhaps you need to learn to count to ten  if that is too difficult for you, I am sure there is something about learning to count on youtube
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #582: Apr 06, 2021 11:45:48 pm
      Finally got round to watching it: was pretty lousy Tbf.
      It’s the lack of desire that shows up for me. And it wasn’t even the lousiest performance this season. We have had many worse game than this.
      Something is seriously rotten at our club atm. It’s like when you sit in a room with a couple who have just had an argument. You can feel it in the air.

But it’s not game over.

I’d go for it at anfield. No point going out with a whimper.

Alison
      TAA
      Robertson
      Kabak
      Fabinho

Gini
      Thiago
      Firmino

Salah
      Mane
      Jota

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #583: Apr 06, 2021 11:49:07 pm
      Kabak and Phillips were terrible. As was mane. And a couple of others.

But those two cbs will cost us top four and progressing in Europe if they’re paired against top opposition again.

Brian has quoted you saying he doesn’t understand why other players get away with criticism but I don’t understand why the book is passed or people deter the blame from these two just because of their age and inexperience. They were run raggid tonight.

I am not trying to defer blame. The fact us players we declare, as do others, as world class or best in the world in their position were shitre and have been for ages but they get away with criticism every time whlle we blanme the Nats and Kabaks.

As it happens I tbought both done well tonight, yea not perfection, but stand out worse than others? No way
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #584: Apr 06, 2021 11:52:06 pm
      I am not trying to defer blame. The fact us players we declare, as do others, as world class or best in the world in their position were shitre and have been for ages but they get away with criticism every time whlle we blanme the Nats and Kabaks.

As it happens I tbought both done well tonight, yea not perfection, but stand out worse than others? No way

I thought nat was the worst player on the pitch, all over the place. And i didn’t think kabak was much better. I think if people re watched the game and focused solely on those two they’d see how badly they struggled.

You’re right about the others though. Robertson was poor and has been most of the season. Same with mane.

Luckily for those two, whenever they make a mistake or play poorly it isn’t usually as costly as it would be for somebody like Phillips where there’s a good chance we will concede or lose the game.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #585: Apr 06, 2021 11:55:23 pm
      Shower of sh*te the lot of them besides Salah.

Some of our players are just having horrendous seasons - Ali, TAA and Mane all below par yet again.

Kabak was horribly exposed - I am not convinced with this guy - I know theres some that think he has potential but if we want to be reclaiming major honours we need alot better.

Keita had his chance tonight - not good enough. Story of his time at this club.

Thiago looks lost. I am shocked at how badly he has struggled for us. Maybe he is just trying too hard - Idk maybe would explain why he seems to make about 583828203848291 fouls every game.

Even FAB was terrible tonight. Cant remember the last time he played poorly - very unlike him.

Absolutely gutted with this result. Cant see us progressing now, very hard to envisage Real not scoring in the second leg.

Hopefully the boys can get some form going in the league and nick a top four spot. CBA with Thursday night next season.

Simply a HORRIBLE season. Cant wait for next season to start so we can wipe this one under the carpet.

Looking forward to the summer so Jürgen can revamp this squad and get us back challenging with Citeh.

EDIT - Just saw Kabak is leading the MOTM tally - maybe I am being a bit harsh ;D but still I think we can do better.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2021 12:01:34 am by firminofanboy1 »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #586: Apr 07, 2021 12:03:19 am
      have to do better next week that's for sure. I personally would play Bobby, I don't think Jota, Mane and Salah has ever looked good. Better to bring one of them on. In any case Madrid watered the areas around the top of both boxes, to absolute f*ck. I really hope we play a blinder next week. We need to get to grips with the quick runners in behind. Or just ride our luck and hope its good.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #587: Apr 07, 2021 12:06:01 am
      Shower of sh*te the lot of them besides Salah.

Some of our players are just having horrendous seasons - Ali, TAA and Mane all below par yet again.

Kabak was horribly exposed - I am not convinced with this guy - I know theres some that think he has potential but if we want to be reclaiming major honours we need alot better.

Keita had his chance tonight - not good enough. Story of his time at this club.

Thiago looks lost. I am shocked at how badly he has struggled for us. Maybe he is just trying too hard - Idk maybe would explain why he seems to make about 583828203848291 fouls every game.

Even FAB was terrible tonight. Cant remember the last time he played poorly - very unlike him.

Absolutely gutted with this result. Cant see us progressing now, very hard to envisage Real not scoring in the second leg.

Hopefully the boys can get some form going in the league and nick a top four spot. CBA with Thursday night next season.

Simply a HORRIBLE season. Cant wait for next season to start so we can wipe this one under the carpet.

Looking forward to the summer so Jürgen can revamp this squad and get us back challenging with Citeh.

EDIT - Just saw Kabak is leading the MOTM tally - maybe I am being a bit harsh ;D but still I think we can do better.

Seems to me thiago is really trying to buy into the pressing game , if anything probably trying too hard
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #588: Apr 07, 2021 12:07:10 am

Which two CBs should we be playing?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #589: Apr 07, 2021 12:08:11 am
      Which two CBs should we be playing?

Fabinho to babysit Phillips, who despite tonight’s performance, is a much better player than kabak.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #590: Apr 07, 2021 12:13:31 am

You’re initial reaction is correct.

I can only presume because he made a couple of late recoveries that people believe he did ok but they need to ask themselves why he’s making those recoveries in the first place, a lot of the time it’s his own doing.

Both him and Phillips showed tonight that they’re not this level, which I think we’d all agree anyway we know the situation we’re in, but we can’t afford to play them together as a pair.

We got away with 3-1 tonight. Fabinho playing in the back four at anfield gives us half a chance in my opinion. Time will tell.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #591: Apr 07, 2021 12:27:55 am
      Also don't see how you can say we wouldn't have conceded the3rd if Fab had been in the back 4. It was Fab who let Modric walk past him to then have the freedom of the box to set up Vinicius. His defending was the worst of the lot for the 3rd goal.

I agree with you. I thought fab was poor for their third too and contributed towards it.

However, the reason I don’t believe we’d have conceded the third if he was in the back four is because he would have been in a different position. He either would have been roughly were kabak was and got out to Modric quicker or he would have been where Phillips was and been more alert and tighter to his man.

The positioning of both centre halves was sh*te, and a huge strength of fabinhos is his positioning.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #592: Apr 07, 2021 01:42:06 am
      Just watched the highlights and Jesus Christ it’s even worse than what I remember. I wondered whether the emotions of the game meant I was over reacting and blasting our players unfairly, especially after a few people had a go at me on here, but I wasn’t being unfair at all. Those goals were so amateurish. Ridiculously poor goals to concede in a champions league quarter final.

The first goal. As Kroos is in possession, kabak is actually 2 yards behind Phillips at this point. When Kroos plays the pass, Phillips does the right thing and turns towards our goal because we weren’t in a position to play offside, but kabak doesn’t react to the pass and he stays flat footed meaning he’s miles in front of Phillips now. Phillips gets caught out horribly but kabak should also be in the position of where Vinicius plays himself in. That’s where he should be but he’s miles up the pitch instead.

Second goal. Kroos is on the ball again. He clips a ball down their left channel and Trent is in a lot of trouble. At this moment, Phillips and kabak are five yards IN FRONT of both Trent and robertson who have now turned towards our goal. Trent has a nightmare with his header but because our centre backs are so far ahead of him, they aren’t in a position to intervene and help him out. Robertson also had an opportunity to get goal side of asensio but he was looking to play the offside I think (if Trent never headed the ball). Trent will take the blame here because his header was that sh*te, but all four of them are at fault here and the two cbs positioning was shocking once again.

Third goal. A throw comes in and Robertson is holding their player up who has the ball. Their player passes back to Modric and when I was watching it live I thought he skipped past Fabinho too easily but that’s actually a bit harsh on Fabinho watching it back. Fabinho thinks about the interception but the ball is played in to Modric too quickly meaning he can’t intercept, so just one touch from Modric inside takes Fabinho out the game. There’s very little he could do there to be honest. At the time, I thought kabak was slow getting out to him and I was right. The reason he was slow getting out to him was because when the ball was played back to Modric, kabak is standing on the F***ing byline almost when he doesn’t need to be there. He should be 5 yards further up the pitch.

So when Modric has gone past Fabinho, and because kabak is so far back, he has 10-15 yards to make up on him, when it should have only been 5 or so. Phillips, his centre half partner, is 5 yards ahead of kabak where he should be but as Modric has the ball Phillips is completely ball watching. He isnt aware of the man in the box and as a result didn’t get tight enough. The scorer was originally trents man which I didn’t originally notice either. Trent is also ball watching and ignores the movement of his man and he clearly doesn’t give Phillips a shout either.

Three shocking goals to concede. There is very little room for error at this level. Positioning is crucial and if it’s not near perfect then a lot of time you will get punished like we did tonight. It’s basic defending being on line with the rest of the back four, ESPECIALLY your centre half partner. They were exposed massively.

What I will say though is, in the return leg somebody needs to sit on F***ing kroos. The positioning of our defenders was proper sh*te but the way Kroos had all the time in the world to play whatever pass he wanted was F***ing piss poor too. Our midfield and attackers have to be much more aggressive and not give them a second to breathe.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #593: Apr 07, 2021 01:50:49 am
      Just watched the highlights and Jesus Christ it’s even worse than what I remember. I wondered whether the emotions of the game meant I was over reacting and blasting our players unfairly, especially after a few people had a go at me on here, but I wasn’t being unfair at all. Those goals were so amateurish. Ridiculously poor goals to concede in a champions league quarter final.

The first goal. As Kroos is in possession, kabak is actually 2 yards behind Phillips at this point. When Kroos plays the pass, Phillips does the right thing and turns towards our goal because we weren’t in a position to play offside, but kabak doesn’t react to the pass and he stays flat footed meaning he’s miles in front of Phillips now. Phillips gets caught out horribly but kabak should also be in the position of where Vinicius plays himself in. That’s where he should be but he’s miles up the pitch instead.

Second goal. Kroos is on the ball again. He clips a ball down their left channel and Trent is in a lot of trouble. At this moment, Phillips and kabak are five yards IN FRONT of both Trent and robertson who have now turned towards our goal. Trent has a nightmare with his header but because our centre backs are so far ahead of him, they aren’t in a position to intervene and help him out. Robertson also had an opportunity to get goal side of asensio but he was looking to play the offside I think (if Trent never headed the ball). Trent will take the blame here because his header was that sh*te, but all four of them are at fault here and the two cbs positioning was shocking once again.

Third goal. A throw comes in and Robertson is holding their player up who has the ball. Their player passes back to Modric and when I was watching it live I thought he skipped past Fabinho too easily but that’s actually a bit harsh on Fabinho watching it back. Fabinho thinks about the interception but the ball is played in to Modric too quickly meaning he can’t intercept, so just one touch from Modric inside takes Fabinho out the game. There’s very little he could do there to be honest. At the time, I thought kabak was slow getting out to him and I was right. The reason he was slow getting out to him was because when the ball was played back to Modric, kabak is standing on the f**king byline almost when he doesn’t need to be there. He should be 5 yards further up the pitch.

So when Modric has gone past Fabinho, and because kabak is so far back, he has 10-15 yards to make up on him, when it should have only been 5 or so. Phillips, his centre half partner, is 5 yards ahead of kabak where he should be but as Modric has the ball Phillips is completely ball watching. He isnt aware of the man in the box and as a result didn’t get tight enough. The scorer was originally trents man which I didn’t originally notice either. Trent is also ball watching and ignores the movement of his man and he clearly doesn’t give Phillips a shout either.

Three shocking goals to concede. There is very little room for error at this level. Positioning is crucial and if it’s not near perfect then a lot of time you will get punished like we did tonight. It’s basic defending being on line with the rest of the back four, ESPECIALLY your centre half partner. They were exposed massively.

What I will say though is, in the return leg somebody needs to sit on f**king kroos. The positioning of our defenders was proper sh*te but the way Kroos had all the time in the world to play whatever pass he wanted was f**king piss poor too. Our midfield and attackers have to be much more aggressive and not give them a second to breathe.

Long story short, the CB's were at fault for all the goals  :lmao:

Time to have a cup of tea and hit the bed and hope for a better day tomorrow, bud.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #594: Apr 07, 2021 01:56:51 am
      So we just have to win 2-0 at Anfield?

Not ideal but it’s a one off game now. We have just as good a chance at going through as we do losing.

Some of you should remember that it’s not over and at least wait to make asses out of yourselves if we end up losing the tie. If that happens, then feel free to spout all of your nonsense. Otherwise good lord some of you need to get a grip and get over yourselves.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #595: Apr 07, 2021 01:57:51 am
      One of the worst things for me.... I thought we played like a load of idiots. Like a bunch of kids. Like we’d never played a European knockout game before. Could understand it from the centre halves, but the rest were so disappointing. My god we miss Henderson.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #596: Apr 07, 2021 02:02:02 am

Long story short, the CB's were at fault for all the goals  :lmao:

Time to have a cup of tea and hit the bed and hope for a better day tomorrow, bud.

Contributed to all three because they’re largely out of their depth yes.

You must be one of those who campaigned for their partnership and now look a bit silly after their woeful display tonight, but you’re going to stick to your guns anyway because you’re too stubborn to admit you were wrong.

It’s ok, the forums full of people similar to you mate.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #597: Apr 07, 2021 02:50:55 am
      Hoping for a recovery from the team on Saturday.

Was this pitch narrow? Looked like it on TV but hard to tell for sure.

Quick Reply