Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.9%)
      Ozan Kabak
      25 (36.8%)
      Nat Phillips
      4 (5.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.5%)
       Fabinho
      5 (7.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      16 (23.5%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (4.4%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (4.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: Apr 10, 2021 09:52:58 pm

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23775 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Apr 08, 2021 04:36:11 pm
      Think that's a beatable Real Madrid side only question is whether we can keep a clean sheet.
      Trent with a howler and they targeted Phillips all game.

Only thing that surprsied me was the team seemingly not reacting to Phillips being targeted.
      Long ball into that channel every time. That's a game where Hendo would tuck in to deal with it.

Disappointing result but if you wanted to see what a difference Hendo and Virgil made to this side
      we saw it spelled out.

On the plus side I think Kabak has looked a great signing, and only for him we'd have conceded more.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #691: Apr 08, 2021 04:54:24 pm
      Fancy the big man to return for the 2nd leg of this match..
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #692: Apr 08, 2021 04:55:36 pm
      Think that's a beatable Real Madrid side only question is whether we can keep a clean sheet.
      Trent with a howler and they targeted Phillips all game.

Only thing that surprsied me was the team seemingly not reacting to Phillips being targeted.
      Long ball into that channel every time. That's a game where Hendo would tuck in to deal with it.

Disappointing result but if you wanted to see what a difference Hendo and Virgil made to this side
      we saw it spelled out.

On the plus side I think Kabak has looked a great signing, and only for him we'd have conceded more.

Miss the captain on the field badly... could do with him for the 2nd leg.., crunch Modric a couple of times..
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #693: Apr 08, 2021 05:05:03 pm
      So you're playing a player who never have played for us and you're putting him at our back three against Real ???

We need to improved drastically.

Yes we do need to improve. And perhaps this player we signed that we haven’t played may just click and be a better fit.
      What we know for sure is what we are currently doing isn’t working.
      Let’s take a risk.
      If we don’t learn from these mistakes we will stay in this continuous cycle of drivel.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #694: Apr 08, 2021 05:57:10 pm
      Fancy the big man to return for the 2nd leg of this match..

Who ? Virgil ? God ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #695: Apr 08, 2021 05:58:29 pm
      Ok swap him out for Rhys then, but its a good idea in principle, we need to change something against the good teams, playing a high line is suicide.

Klopp isn't going to change such a big part of the team set up, especially at such short notice
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #696: Apr 08, 2021 07:02:16 pm

Could do with both next week.. 😂
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #697: Apr 08, 2021 07:20:36 pm
      The baseball team in Texas opened their season at almost full capacity with over 38K in attendance out of 40.5K capacity.

There's no reason why we still have to play to an empty stadium, but it requires governments to stop being dickheads.

Quire right, and the last time public venues were opened, ie parks and beaches, crowds flocked there and two weeks later there’s a massive covid spike, and we’re back in lockdown, with numerous amounts of deaths to contend with.
      Do you really think this is done because the government are dickheads ?
      We all want to get back to the footy grounds, and crowds at Anfield are special, but is it worth dying for ?
      Or even having life changing disabilities?
      Perhaps you’ve not had anyone close to you affected by this awful virus yet !
      Talk some sense mate, or shut the F**k up !
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #698: Apr 08, 2021 08:05:36 pm
      Could do with both next week.. 😂

I've gone with Who ? Don't know how good he is!
      Virgil is busy at Tracey Island & God retired in 2012
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #699: Apr 08, 2021 08:16:46 pm
      Quire right, and the last time public venues were opened, ie parks and beaches, crowds flocked there and two weeks later there’s a massive covid spike, and we’re back in lockdown, with numerous amounts of deaths to contend with.
      We all want to get back to the footy grounds, and crowds at Anfield are special, but is it worth dying for ?
      Talk some sense mate, or shut the f**k up !

JFC, ;D. Take a deep breath.

To answer the bolded portion. Yes, government officials are a bunch of clowns with a thirst for power and absolute dickheads, feeding you the "you're going to die if you leave your house" crap. I know close to 10 people who've had it, ranging from as young as 37 to as old as 95, and between vaccinations, and the fact that this mainly and greatly impacts those with underlying conditions, there is ZERO reason why sports teams have to play to an empty stadium. Zero.

The standard for a return to normal cannot be zero cases, because it will never be zero and people will never stop dying.  The superbowl had over 20K fans in attendance with minimal impact. States like Texas and Florida have loosened all restrictions (with others following suit recently or soon) and they are no worse than those states that are in lockdowns.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #700: Apr 08, 2021 08:31:18 pm
      Talk some sense mate, or shut the f**k up !

What's the death toll currently in this country, how many have been vaccinated? Do you know that we are more or less at herd immunity now, 78%. So yes we need to stop all acting like scared little children and start living again, this lockdown is F***ing absurd now, everyone who is in danger of covid has had the vaccine now, thanks to the military taking over the logistics.

As for this government they are F***ing dickheads in how they are acting, they need to get people like you to stop being so bloody terrified, then perhaps we wouldn't see people walking around outdoors with masks on!!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #701: Apr 08, 2021 08:35:50 pm
      JFC, ;D. Take a deep breath.

To answer the bolded portion. Yes, government officials are a bunch of clowns with a thirst for power and absolute dickheads, feeding you the "you're going to die if you leave your house" crap. I know close to 10 people who've had it, ranging from as young as 37 to as old as 95, and between vaccinations, and the fact that this mainly and greatly impacts those with underlying conditions, there is ZERO reason why sports teams have to play to an empty stadium. Zero.

The standard for a return to normal cannot be zero cases, because it will never be zero and people will never stop dying.  The superbowl had over 20K fans in attendance with minimal impact. States like Texas and Florida have loosened all restrictions (with others following suit recently or soon) and they are no worse than those states that are in lockdowns.

Aye. It takes minutes to get a result from the test kits. My kid has to take 3 a week before school.
      You could have a testing centre near the ground that tests you. If you have it you know to self isolate. If you don’t, you can walk into the ground and wear a mask if required.
      Keep it local so only people from that city can watch the team.

It might take a bit more effort but it’s better than having a covid passport that allows the vaccinated (who can still catch it, can still spread it and may even have it without knowing) to go in and pass it on.

I don’t want to get into conspiracies or government intentions but their plans so far have been illogical and have failed.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #702: Apr 08, 2021 10:43:07 pm

Defence was woeful, shipped in 3 pretty easy goals,that was IMO, was defendable. Mid, Naby was totally inafective, Fab was looking after the defence, and I cannot blame the attack becasue they had no service
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #703: Apr 09, 2021 12:25:15 am
      The tactical setup was all wrong said in the pre match thread Bobby was a must starter when your up against  two dominant guys in the midfield in Kroos and Modric. Not pressing and playing a high line with 2 slow centre backs was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Love Klopp to bits but his selection and tactical setup was off, I’m at the point where I can’t wait for the season to finish no matter where we land on the table. The season has been a write off and we need to restart and reset again in the new one.

I can see us scoring 2 at home but can’t see us keeping a clean sheet and with no European Anfield night this time around it’s a monumental challenge. I said before first leg we should go for the jagular with both their starting cbs out of the tie but who knows how Klopp will approach it. There was a glimmer of fatigue and them not being able to cope with a high press towards the end as at full time whistle few of their players were on their haunches. Even if we do grab a few I think we’re too liable in defense.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #704: Apr 09, 2021 02:41:11 am
      What are the odds for a team to advance into the next round after losing 3-1 on the road like we did? There must be hundreds of such games played, so the odds should be quite accurate. Does somebody know a database or link to answer the question?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #705: Apr 09, 2021 08:13:51 am
      Not without the crowd unfortunately, the atmosphere has always played a part in our Euro comebacks. Just not fancying us this time.

F**k mate, you are one of the People on this forum I look too to strengthen my belief when I have doubts, if u think we have no chance, God help us!

I'm gonna wear my NEVER GIVE UP shirt till gameday!!!

Dreaded coming into this thread

F***ing gutted how we just gave them the advantage!!!

So many things went wrong, that all we can hope for in the reverse, is that everything goes so F***ing right!!!

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #706: Apr 09, 2021 10:26:02 am
      Well we were so poor, they are gonna come to us full of confidence and even cockiness. That might be their downfall if we can get the starting 11 selection right, and the attitude. I don't think we can perform with less cohesion can we ?
      I'm still a believer.  we gonna do this. COME ON YOU RED MEN. 2-0 all day long
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #707: Apr 09, 2021 12:05:22 pm
      Quote from weareliverpool
      Come on,Real have Barca at the weekend so who knows,on our day we can destroy these at Anfield,Real didn't have to be that good tonight as we were piss poor all over the pitch,playing stupid corners up in the air for there tall goalkeeper to catch and counter.If Jürgen gets the tactics and selection right and we get an early goal it's game on.We are over due a big Anfield performance as we haven't had one this year.COYR.

Just take out Benzema and we win, you said. Well it happened, and the team still lost.

Quote from bazspeedman
      Ok so we do it the hard way again.

We've all been here before. Prepare your blood pressure for another rollercoaster game next week.

A second leg at home, chasing a deficit with no crowd. No we haven't been here before, and hopefully won't be in the future. The semi final is at home first leg if we get that far. The second leg of this is just hours before the club closes down for the next anniversary of Hillsborough, and 5 years after beating Dortmund, so maybe that will inspire some of the players to put up a decent fightback. They don't have the fans present, but now they've got to go and prove that they can get by without us, when they really have to. Real don't even have a home ground to play these games, let alone support, and can still get the job done. That's what the Liverpool players now have to do. The Barcelona game has since been brought up as what can be done, but the team had a full house last year against Atletico, and it wasn't enough to get over the line. Real are certainly not going to park the bus though, and will want to wrap it up before half time, and would still do so whether there's a crowd there or not.

This game was a reality check for a team 7th in the league, playing one of the best teams in Europe. I've said it here for years, I said it this year, and I'll be saying it for years to come, here and elsewhere. There is never a good time to play Real Madrid. Real (and Bayern) are who you should want to avoid in this competition where there's any possible alternative, and now you see why. So I never want to see the horrible phrase "I want to face Real Madrid" posted here again. It certainly won't be coming from my keyboard anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #708: Apr 09, 2021 05:38:22 pm
      F**k mate, you are one of the People on this forum I look too to strengthen my belief when I have doubts, if u think we have no chance, God help us!

I'm gonna wear my NEVER GIVE UP shirt till gameday!!!

Dreaded coming into this thread

F***ing gutted how we just gave them the advantage!!!

So many things went wrong, that all we can hope for in the reverse, is that everything goes so F***ing right!!!

I know, F***ing killed me typing it, but the evidence is all there over the last couple of months.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #709: Apr 14, 2021 05:13:05 pm
      We must score the first goal then who knows.......

Quick Reply