Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      22 (27.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (8.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      1 (1.3%)
      Nat Phillips
      9 (11.3%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.8%)
       Fabinho
      7 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      10 (12.5%)
      Diogo Jota
      5 (6.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      15 (18.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (1.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2021 04:56:53 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15099 times
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Apr 10, 2021 07:47:13 pm
      Chelski 3 - 0 up against Palace.

I seem to remember Palace have a history of coming back from 3 - 0 down, don't they?!

Chelsea's run in is a lot harder than ours plus it looks as though they will be in the CL semi and are in the FA cup as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #438: Apr 10, 2021 08:48:47 pm
      A very important win, but we were far from our best, we are still wasting far too many opportunities in front of goal, its like the lads are constantly over thinking things and choosing the wrong option, like Mane at the end, just square the F***ing ball!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #439: Apr 10, 2021 09:01:58 pm
      Leeds  played well against city today. They play proper football, should be a good game. The counter very well in my opinion.

They'll give us space to play hopefully
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #440: Apr 10, 2021 09:47:15 pm
      The VAR decision is another crime against sport. What the F**k ever happened to advantage to the attacker
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #441: Apr 10, 2021 11:07:18 pm
      Interesting stat just 12 shots on target at Anfield in the last 4 months!

If that rate continues I can’t see all the current forwards being here next season.

Although in reality they have run their course and need changing truth be told.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #442: Apr 10, 2021 11:11:17 pm
      Re-watching the VAR decision on Firmino's goal, the decision was wrong.  The line drawn to locate Diogo's arm position was aligned with the outside of the left foot.  However, Diogo's upper body was twisted toward his right, so the line drawn should be closer to the midpoint between his feet.  This would make him on-side.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #443: Apr 11, 2021 01:18:37 am

If that rate continues I can’t see all the current forwards being here next season.

Mate, more concerning is the fact that of our last 125 shots, we have managed to score the paltry sum of 2 goals and both of them were in yesterdays game!!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #444: Apr 11, 2021 03:41:34 am
      :scarf:
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #445: Apr 11, 2021 06:57:59 am
      The VAR decision is another crime against sport. What the f**k ever happened to advantage to the attacker

When Bobby`s armpit hair was offside or when waiting 4 minutes for some pr**k to get it wrong 20 miles away because he forgot the rules became the norm  you know the games f ...`d
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #446: Apr 11, 2021 07:15:44 am
      Re-watching the VAR decision on Firmino's goal, the decision was wrong.  The line drawn to locate Diogo's arm position was aligned with the outside of the left foot.  However, Diogo's upper body was twisted toward his right, so the line drawn should be closer to the midpoint between his feet.  This would make him on-side.

Joke decision mate and every single person who’s seen it agrees, I’m shocked that was called offside. Before even drawing the f**king stupid line you can see clearly he’s in a perfect starting position - yet gets punished!
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2021 07:47:19 am by LondonRed83 »
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #447: Apr 11, 2021 07:36:49 am
      Relieved to get the win, the VAR decision was a disgrace, when it is us scoring they take an age and draw as many lines as they can, to try and justify them chalking the goal off. When its the opposing team scoring, its one line, that'll do, its a goal, and its happened so often this season its hard to put it down to coincidence, something needs to be done, as it is killing the enjoyment of watching a match.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #448: Apr 11, 2021 07:49:41 am
      Relieved to get the win, the VAR decision was a disgrace, when it is us scoring they take an age and draw as many lines as they can, to try and justify them chalking the goal off. When its the opposing team scoring, its one line, that'll do, its a goal, and its happened so often this season its hard to put it down to coincidence, something needs to be done, as it is killing the enjoyment of watching a match.

Even with Salah’s goal and Trent’s, you can’t relax and enjoy it because you know some c**t is doing everything they can do chalk it off
      Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #449: Apr 11, 2021 08:20:57 am

Where would we be without Salah?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #450: Apr 11, 2021 08:39:31 am
      Watching MOTD, still can’t believe it’s offside
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #451: Apr 11, 2021 08:40:23 am
      Thanks F**k we have Salah, he’s our main man
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #452: Apr 11, 2021 08:41:24 am
      I thought we did great against a well organised Villa team. I was refreshing to see us go at them like we used to go at teams when they still feared us.
      We fully deserved that win,  and even the crooked VAR pr**k couldn't stop us in the end 🖕.
      We did look nervy at the back at times,  but we should remember that both Van dijk and Gomez both started the last time we played Villa in the league and we conceded 7, so I wouldn't be too hard on Philips and Kabak.
      A valuable 3 points, and with our run in compared to our top 4 rivals, we have every chance of sneaking that 4th spot.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #453: Apr 11, 2021 08:57:37 am
      After our poor result against Madrid, this fixture became even more important and that was a big, big win. Our top four hopes are very much alive.

It wasn’t pretty at times but I still thought we were much the better team and deserved the three points. I’ve enjoyed watching Villa at times this season but they can f**k off after that. Horrible time wasting cheating sh*t accent dick heads.

Alisson. He made a few saves look simple and straight forward but they were still good strikes on goal that he dealt with well. Distribution was mostly good. Could have done better for their goal but they should never have had a shot in the first place.

Trent. I’ve defended Trent all season and then yesterday I thought he was abysmal for large parts. Until he goes and fires that rocket in at the end. Unreal strike and such a huge goal for us. Motm for that alone.

Phillips. He had a shocker in Madrid but bounced back well against Villa. Thought he was solid throughout and won every dual.

Kabak. Had one thing to do all game and got it wrong. After the Madrid game I highlighted how poor his positioning was and it was the same for villas goal. Tried to sneak infront of his man to win the ball  but then got caught out as a result. Poor. And against good teams we will just keep conceding from it. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that Klopp has subbed him two games in a row and put Fabinho into the back four to bring a more attacking player on. What I mean is, he clearly see’s kabak as the weaker or the two between him and Phillips.

Robertson. Thought he had a much better game and got forward a lot more.

Fabinho. His presence is always felt in the midfield and we’ve badly missed him in there this season. Another good game and he’s our player of the season in my opinion.

Milner. We all know what we get with milner. He’s an honest player who wears his heart on his sleeve but he’s not particularly talented and I think it showed at times yesterday.

Gini. I’ve given up on Gini and barely notice when he plays these days to be honest. Can’t think of anything he did of note yesterday.

Jota. He’s our best attacker at the moment. He’s not as gifted as the other three but he’s lively and he makes things happen. I feel like he will always have 3 or 4 chances per game and he’s likely to take one.

Firmino. Like Robbo I thought he was much better. Games pass him by these days but he was much more involved.

Salah. Great follow up to score our equaliser which was a very important goal. Even when salah has a quiet game he still has an impact somewhere and that’s what happened yesterday pretty much.

Thiago and shaqiri didn’t have much time to make an impact, especially shaq. Mane on the other hand looks finished to me. Hope I’m wrong because he’s been my favourite player in the last season or two but he’s nowhere near the level he was at.

Really big win at a time when we can’t afford to drop points. United aside, we have a relatively simple run in whereas most of our rivals have tricky ones. Not sure on what I want to happen today. Makes me sick saying it but I hope united beat spurs. I suppose I’d want Leicester to beat West Ham too but that would mean only fourth spot is up for grabs. If West Ham get a win then it drags Leicester back in with the rest of us so it could be a good thing.

Anyway well done reds. We move on to Wednesday.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #454: Apr 11, 2021 09:25:17 am
      I went for mo as motm because of his continued effort. Good goal, but was also a persistent thorn in the side for them.
      On a different note, how does Trent get dropped by Southgate for being ‘off form’ when Mings is in the squad, and he’s never had any form. 🤷‍♂️
      Totally crap player. Think John Terry must be shafting his mum or something !
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #455: Apr 11, 2021 09:42:17 am
      Watching MOTD, still can’t believe it’s offside

Basically it's not but these wanchors pretending to be referees with their little dotted lines are desperate to rule goals out. The joy has been sucked out of the game by the way these tw*ts interpret things. How many minutes did it take them to find a way of ruling the goal out. They probably had a circle jerk in their caravan to celebrate.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #456: Apr 11, 2021 09:44:08 am
      I went for mo as motm because of his continued effort. Good goal, but was also a persistent thorn in the side for them.
      On a different note, how does Trent get dropped by Southgate for being ‘off form’ when Mings is in the squad, and he’s never had any form. 🤷‍♂️

I feel (only a little because international football can do one as far as I'm concerned) sad for Trent but happy for LFC that at least he'll not be injured playing under that arse Southgate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #457: Apr 11, 2021 09:44:49 am
      Mate, more concerning is the fact that of our last 125 shots, we have managed to score the paltry sum of 2 goals and both of them were in yesterdays game!!

I keep saying the priority for next season should be a goal scoring No 9.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #458: Apr 11, 2021 12:00:29 pm

Not just mings either, that england squad is full of sh*te and it seems anybody can get a cap these days.

The two best English right backs are Trent and walker. Wan bisaka is third too so it baffles me how sh*t like trippier and James get in who are a level or two below those three.

The talk has been both james and trippier are better defenders than Trent which is why he missed out, but with that logic then, why not take F***ing Ben mee over John stones?

Loved the way Trent kissed the badge after he scored yesterday. It felt like a F**k you to England.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #459: Apr 11, 2021 12:15:31 pm
      Trent not going to the Euros - along with a fully fit and refreshed Gomez\VVD\Hendo - we sign Mbappe and watch us go next season.

Quick Reply