Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Take a step back a moment..

Read 1813 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Take a step back a moment..
      Nov 26, 2007 09:48:55 pm
      ..and if you were the multi-millionaire owner of a huge company.  Would you let one of your employee's take the piss out of something you said to them in front of the entire world?

Would you really?

Because, let's be brutal here, that's exactly the situation we are in.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Take a step back a moment..
      Reply #1: Nov 26, 2007 10:41:41 pm
      Depends how valuable that employee is to the huge 'company' and it's future success.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #2: Nov 26, 2007 11:02:09 pm
      Rafa's pride is hurt as well. They have told him the glove-puppet that is Parry will be looking after hiring/firing of players.

OK, I'll grant you they are the new "bosses" but they have to learn the way things work at LFC and respect it. No-one is bigger than LFC including them no matter how much tank they have in their arse pockets.

Rafa is guilty of being very concerned of the welfare of the club. Rafa clearly wanted them to know that really do need to get the ball rolling for the Januray transfers.The bas**rds are nowhere to be seen. They haven't been here since August. How does he get his point accross if he can't speak to them ?? Maybe they read papers or go on t'internet ?? Whichever they got the message.

Which ever way you want to view it but if Rafa loses his job for purely having the interests of the club at heart, then we are all guilty. Maybe they should lock the gates and keep the fans out as well ??
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2007 11:06:40 pm by Bootle Buck »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Nov 26, 2007 11:04:47 pm
      ..and if you were the multi-millionaire owner of a huge company.  Would you let one of your employee's take the piss out of something you said to them in front of the entire world?

Would you really?

There is going to be no sentiment between the Yanks and Rafa, as far as they are concerned Rafa is someone who can be replaced easily, they couldn't care less about him or us for that matter, it's just business to them.

They do need to show some loyalty and understanding to Rafa though.

They haven't really got any idea how it all works as far as I'm concerned, LFC is such an important part of all of our lives, but they won't understand that, they are too detached from it all.

I just hope that we get a good win on Wednesday, to ease the tension slightly, get through the next couple of weeks, until the Yanks decide to show there faces, and hopefully they can sort everything out with Rafa and all will be a bed of roses.

I'm trying to be optimistic ::)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Nov 26, 2007 11:41:36 pm
      It's very true KK, and a worrying way of looking at it!

Your right MsG, a win against Porto would ease the tension of that meeting, along with a few wins in the league before the 16th! ;)

I don't think they'll sack him! If they're thinking of it in business terms, they're also going to consider the pay off they'd have to give him!

At the end of the day, financially it's better keeping him in place. He's in a good position in the league, and Champions League progress isn't looking too distant!

Parry holds a big key in this! He should have stepped in and diffused the situation, or at least eased it! What he does in that job I don't know! :-\
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #5: Nov 27, 2007 12:09:27 am
      Depends what happened before he 'took the piss' ? maybe Rafa had nothing to lose?  If he knows that he won't have any say in transfers or his departure is likely he will say what he likes and I admire him for sticking his neck out for what he feels is right.
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 01:38:31 am by LondonRed »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Nov 27, 2007 12:23:12 am
      Benitez is like an Ant, and they are burning him with a magnifying glass.

So what does that make us?  They are trying to break this club apart...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Nov 27, 2007 12:52:55 am
      Depends what happened before he 'took the piss' ? maybe Rafa had nothing to lose?  If he knows that he won't have any say in transfers or his departure is likely he will say what he likes and I admire him for sticking his neck out for what he feels passionately about.

Good point mate.

How much would it take for the employee to rebel if there was 'piss taking' going on for some time from the employer?

I don't think it's as petty as that in this situation. It's hardly a shop floor is it. But maybe one or two egos are getting in the way of a timely resolve. It would benefit the whole 'company', now and in the future if the workforce could sit down together and talk about being successful. The 'customer' is always right.......
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #8: Nov 27, 2007 05:55:56 am
      Very valid points are being made above...Rafa is but an 'employee' of this great club, a servant like so many before him. If an employee gets cocky and starts making demands on the employer, its always going to add tension to proceedings. This situation is hardly different to your run-of-the-mill daily employ.

We have looked to Rafa to end the league title drought that has befallen this club for so long now. And like any good employee, who knows that if he has the correct tools at his disposal, he can be an effective stage in production. Rafa is only as good as the players at his disposal and in order for us to reduce the gap between ourselves and the leaders we need the best tools. For the first time, we have been able to acquire such tools with the financial backing of the new owners. But we don't want to celebrate winning big trophies because we're scared we may never win it again...we want our challenge to be continuous and one that will breed dominance.

They need to sort it out, for the sake of the club and its fans who, in essence make the club the success it is today.

Walk on Rafa...
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #9: Nov 27, 2007 07:01:01 am

Would you really?

I think Rafa Responded to how they aired him out in public. You dont  belittle a manager of club like that. We still have closed door meetings!. When you treat someone with disregard, they react.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #10: Nov 27, 2007 04:29:00 pm
      I couldn't give two shits about how they see it, Rafa is the best thing that has happened to this club for a long time and their undermining him, I've never seen Rafa back down, and i don't expect him to this time. All credit to him for sticking to his guns.

YNWA Rafa.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #11: Nov 27, 2007 04:36:00 pm

Would you really?

I can't remember Rafa starting this dialogue in the public domain... he was actually very cryptic/vague.

Hicks and Parry brought it out to the world... and what a feck-up it has turned out to be...

Didn't they know before this episode that Rafa is as stubborn as a mule, true to his convictions (a la Shankley) and has cojones the size of Anfield and Stanley Park put together ffs!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #12: Nov 27, 2007 05:05:27 pm
      Yeh lets take a step back a minute. 
      The Americans promised Rafa the earth after CL final, from my experience Americans are very good at promising you the earth, and not so good in the delivery department! 
      After all, this is all about the matter of money and how the Amercans view the expenditure, is it Rafa wasting it or is it an investment?
      If it is a matter of return on capital employed look closely at Rafa's record - (these figures may be out a bit) Alonso £11m talk of £15m from Spain  Crouch if and when he goes £10 to £12m Bellamy! Carson £750,000 - £10m and if that deal does go through then whats Pepe worth? I could go on RAFA ADDS VALUE 
      True his tenure has been short, but if you look at the mess he inherited  there has been a complete transformation of the LFC PLC balance sheet.
      Liverpools record in the transfer market prior to Rafa has been truely abysmal of late Chisse £ 14.4m Diao £4.7m the list could go on and on.
      Stop f***ing about Messrs H&G BACK A PROVEN WINNER.  Finally why am I saying this?
      Parry has got more facts and figures at his finger tips than me!!!!!!!!!! 
      Come on Parry state RAFA'S case!!!! You and your world class manager should be standing shoulder to shoulder
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2007 05:07:48 pm by neilh2105 »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #13: Nov 27, 2007 05:18:20 pm
      Yeh lets take a step back a minute. 
      The Americans promised Rafa the earth after CL final, from my experience Americans are very good at promising you the earth, and not so good in the delivery department! 
      After all, this is all about the matter of money and how the Amercans view the expenditure, is it Rafa wasting it or is it an investment?
      If it is a matter of return on capital employed look closely at Rafa's record - (these figures may be out a bit) Alonso £11m talk of £15m from Spain  Crouch if and when he goes £10 to £12m Bellamy! Carson £750,000 - £10m and if that deal does go through then whats Pepe worth? I could go on RAFA ADDS VALUE 
      True his tenure has been short, but if you look at the mess he inherited  there has been a complete transformation of the LFC PLC balance sheet.
      Liverpools record in the transfer market prior to Rafa has been truely abysmal of late Chisse £ 14.4m Diao £4.7m the list could go on and on.
      Stop f***ing about Messrs H&G BACK A PROVEN WINNER.  Finally why am I saying this?
      Parry has got more facts and figures at his finger tips than me!!!!!!!!!! 
      Come on Parry state RAFA'S case!!!! You and your world class manager should be standing shoulder to shoulder

When Rafa recently said that G&H didn't understand the Passion of Liverpool supporters... I thought yeah they probably don't Rafa, because "passion" and "money" often don't make good friends... but Parry, he is a different matter... I thought he was a LFC supporter since a kid. He WOULD understand passion and Rafa's reasons. For sure.

Mark my words. This is about Rick Parry jossling for position in the infrastructure, where he probably has NO REAL role... or a very distruting one from both sides now.

G&H will never trust RP as a CEO - because he is NOT family.

Rafa will never trust RP as CEO after this episode.

For me the only way this can be fixed is if RP leaves... and the bridge is taken-up by Rafa and the Yanks.

In my experience in business - mddle-men (which is what Rick Parry actually is now that his club-procurement broker post has gone) create more problems than they actually solve... so feck Parry off IMHO... this is all of his own making anyway...
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #14: Nov 27, 2007 05:48:12 pm
      I am beginning to be convinced that it is more like Parry, Gillette and Hicks against Benitez.  This is not about big transfers, as if its players like Berbatov, queresma ..etc, then we can wait till mid-December, as an indication can at least ensure that the club is in the picture.  This is about passion effort in the transfer market.  Approaching younger prospects and squad players on the cheap, to continue to bringing in more Arbeloa’s, Leiva’s, and so forth.  Unless Parry does not come out and try to put ice on the situation its getting more and more apparent that he is as involved as the American’s and could very easily be discredited by Benitez to be the man in charge of the transfers.  As lets be honest his record has been poor in previous years.

If this is about business then the Americans would be brainless to contemplate jeopardizing Benitez’s job because since their arrival we have hardly put a foot wrong in bringing in players.

KK yes, it's difficult to accept sarcasm from an employee, in front of others especially in front of the whole world.  Its obvious that one thing Benitez wants is a lot more effort in the transfer market and its important that the owners prepare that and put people in place to ensure that we continue to keep this brilliant record we have had in the last 12 months

Quick Reply