Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th

Read 7289 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th
      Reply #92: Apr 14, 2021 02:20:58 pm
      In my opinion, Thiago, Fab, Jota, and Salah all need to start.  These lads have been our most in-form players the last few games and need to all feature.  On the other hand, Mane and Gini have been gash.  If Jürgen picks the team based on form, I think it will look like this:

Ali
      TAA - Philips - Kabak - Robbo
      Fab - Thiago
      Shaq
      Salah - Firmino - Jota

I just have a feeling we are going to get a special result tonight.  It's been a season to forget, but we always seem to be up for the big occasion.  2-0 to the mighty Reds, with Ali making a stunning save in the dying moments to see us through to the semis!! 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th
      Reply #93: Apr 14, 2021 02:38:28 pm
      What will it take to go to penalties..?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #94: Apr 14, 2021 02:44:32 pm
      What will it take to go to penalties..?

same score for the home team as the first leg: 3-1 us.

Any other score will determine a winner based on gd/away goals
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #95: Apr 14, 2021 02:50:39 pm
      Thiago please don’t get an early yellow! Puts you and us under pressure!

Put those cu*ts under pressure. This is your biggest game at This Club since you’ve been here. Make it a memorable one!

Buzzing but off to get a few hours Kip, see you soon!

Commeeonnnnnn let’s do this!!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #96: Apr 14, 2021 03:24:55 pm
      We got to just give it everything, nothing left on the pitch, everyone to a man has to give 110%, and at the end of the game if that isn't enough, we can still hold our heads high,

My take on how we go about it is to press the sh*t out of them, stifle their every move, so we need our best pressers on from KO, plenty of combinations above some worth thinking about some laughable,

Its clear they will try for a away goal, game over, so we need to protect the back 4 as much as possible while retaining a element of attack, I've looked at One or two possible line ups, this is for me as good as any.......

Alison
              Trent Phillips Kabak Robbo
                     Wijnaldom Fabinho
                             Firmino
                   Salah   Jota    Mane

Thought of Milner next to Fabinho but Gini is more mobile and can push up and add more pressing with Bobby,  or fall back and protect with Fab, Mo, Jota, Bobby,  and Mane press like f**k and stifle their out ball, at the same time we retain a attacking threat and give them plenty to think about, something we failed to do in the first leg,

I think we have enough about us to worry them, it's how we cope with what they do and not get caught in the headlights,  I think there is a plan afoot that Jürgen and the boys have worked on, at the De Stefano they simply didn't turn up, it will be different tonight!

3-1 Mighty Redmen - 5-4 on Pens

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2021 04:14:28 pm by billythered »
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #97: Apr 14, 2021 03:45:48 pm
      We got to just give it everything, nothing left on the pitch, everyone to a man has to give 110%, and at the end of the game if that isn't enough, we can still hold our heads high,

My take on how we go about it is to press the sh*t out of them, stifle their every move, so we need our best pressers on from KO, plenty of combinations above some worth thinking about some laughable,

Its clear they will try for a away goal, game over, so we need to protect the back 4 as much as possible while retaining a element of attack, I've looked at One or two possible line ups, this is for me as good as any.......

Alison
              Trent Williams Kabak Robbo
                     Wijnaldom Fabinho
                             Firmino
                   Salah   Jota    Mane

Thought of Milner next to Fabinho but Gini is more mobile and can push up and add more pressing with Bobby,  or fall back and protect with Fab, Mo, Jota, Bobby,  and Mane press like f**k and stifle their out ball, at the same time we retain a attacking threat and give them plenty to think about, something we failed to do in the first leg,

I think we have enough about us to worry them, it's how we cope with what they do and not get caught in the headlights,  I think there is a plan afoot that Jürgen and the boys have worked on, at the De Stefano they simply didn't turn up, it will be different tonight!

3-1 Mighty Redmen - 5-4 on Pens

YNWA

Williams at CB no thanks . Thiago will start also if anyone needs to go it's Gini
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #98: Apr 14, 2021 03:47:13 pm
      The key to us getting back into this tie, IMHO, is to press their midfield in a way we failed to in the 1st leg.  If we continue to give them time to look up, pick a pass & execute, they'll cut through us again & we'll need to score 5 or 6!

Have to press them, starting with our front 3, then the MF 3, snap at their heels, make them to go sideways & backwards & hopefully force a few errors.  We have to play with the levels of intensity that have brought us success in the past few years.  If we can do that, the personnel picked is largely irrelevant.  My concern is whether we have the energy levels to do that for 90 mins.

Hoping for (YET!) another magical Anfield European night!

COYR!!!

100%,win the midfield battle and we have a great chance.I think we have a performance in us and I honestly believe Real are not that great of a team but we made them look better than they are,now Bayern are out and City will go out tonight if Pep plays a false 9 against a good attacking team,i have Dortmund and the draw at 5/4 tonight,bloody great price,was going to lump on us as well but we are odds on.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #99: Apr 14, 2021 03:49:33 pm
      1-0 at 82 mins and we'll have a 10 man wall to bypass.

I'd take that with loads of noise outside Anfield to scare the sh*t out of them,then up pops Sadio from the bench with the winner.2-0 redmen.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #100: Apr 14, 2021 03:51:14 pm
      Normally lately Iv been expecting tight, scrappy games.
      But we are due a game where everything clicks for us:

I’m going to say we will score 5.

5-2 maybe. Maybe 6-2.

Funny that,i feel the same,i think we are going to smash them,just a shame that c**t Ramos won't be there.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #101: Apr 14, 2021 04:09:59 pm
      I think even with Sadio's form, I'd prefer him to start over Jota.

Jota is a magnificent impact sub for mine. Seems to effect the game so much more when he comes on with 30 mins to go.

Also sub Gini and let him come on like he did Barca and score another 2 goals!!

This is gonna be one tough game.

NEVER GIVE UP

There's no way I'd have Jota on the bench under any circumstances Ian. First player on the team sheet for me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #102: Apr 14, 2021 04:15:58 pm
      Williams at CB no thanks . Thiago will start also if anyone needs to go it's Gini

Ha, just realised, I meant Phillips,  I've amended it, must be altzeimers 😁
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #103: Apr 14, 2021 04:20:52 pm
                        Alison
      Trent Phillips Kabak Robbo
           Wijnaldom Fabinho
                       Firmino
           Salah    Jota    Mane

There, fixed it 😁

YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #104: Apr 14, 2021 05:03:45 pm
      There's no way I'd have Jota on the bench under any circumstances Ian. First player on the team sheet for me.

So you'd play Salah-Bobby-Jota? Because right now we agree that Bobby > Mané, do we?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #105: Apr 14, 2021 05:36:41 pm
      So you'd play Salah-Bobby-Jota? Because right now we agree that Bobby > Mané, do we?

For me it's Salah -Jota - Mane. Personally ( it's only a opinion ) I think Bobbys best days are gone. Granted Mane not at his best but still have him ahead of Bobby. I ask myself has Mane got over covid or even a slight bout of long covid. If that's the case he has to be forgiven for drop in form.

Jota offers you so much more even if he plays the No10 role, he gets in such good positions because he reads the game better than Bobby for me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #106: Apr 14, 2021 05:58:27 pm
      Not sure why but I kind of think it's a game for Chamberlain.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #107: Apr 14, 2021 06:20:21 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I pumped up for the live thread preparation.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #108: Apr 14, 2021 06:24:49 pm
      No booze for two days ( long standing problems with it ) but I am so tempted for tonight. I know I shouldn't, the game against Leeds on Monday is a big one, and every PL game thereafter until the end of the season. Typical torturous thought-trap around of the addict - I shouldn't, maybe I could. Thinking about F***ing it off altogether, follow it on here and then watch the full game on LFCTV.

Quick Reply