Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th

Read 7285 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th
      Apr 09, 2021 05:41:26 pm
      I tell you what, I gave us zero chance to comeback against Barcelona and that's with the best crowd in football cheering us on in the stands.

This Real team is no Barca and fans or not, I think our boys are going to dig in and salvage this for us. We often play the best with our backs against the wall and a chip on our shoulder. If they can't get up for this game, then I'm not sure we should worry about making top 4 in the league either.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2021 04:44:28 pm by JD »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid [1-3] Champions League QF 2nd Leg (14 April 2021 8pm)
      Reply #1: Apr 09, 2021 05:45:23 pm
      Can't even rely on Suarez to maim any of them tomorrow anymore
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid [1-3] Champions League QF 2nd Leg (14 April 2021 8pm)
      Reply #2: Apr 10, 2021 02:31:04 am
      I know, f**king killed me typing it, but the evidence is all there over the last couple of months.

I figured it would have mate!

Last couple of months been real sh*t but if Sadio finds his F***ing form, I reckon we will be more then alright. He's killing us at the moment, for me!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3: Apr 10, 2021 01:21:34 pm
      2-0 is doable. Way too early to give up. That's for certain.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Apr 10, 2021 01:23:28 pm
      Ok swap him out for Rhys then, but its a good idea in principle, we need to change something against the good teams, playing a high line is suicide.

Maybe, we might surprise a lot of people!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: Apr 10, 2021 08:36:47 pm
      Currently 2-0 up in the Clasico and counter-attacking Barca at will.

Definitely an uphill task on Wednesday.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #6: Apr 10, 2021 09:24:41 pm
      Real Madrid are like we used to be on the counter
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #7: Apr 10, 2021 09:24:58 pm
      Real Madrid are like we used to be on the counter - electric and clinical

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #8: Apr 10, 2021 09:38:34 pm
      Currently 2-0 up in the Clasico and counter-attacking Barca at will.

Definitely an uphill task on Wednesday.

Not been as down about a 2nd leg in a European tie for a while. No supporters, our form and the fact Madrid caused us problems all game doesn't leave me confident at all.

Hope we give it a good go though, I don't think getting to the quarters and going out to Real is anything to be ashamed of given how this season has gone.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #9: Apr 11, 2021 01:08:08 am
      I think even with Sadio's form, I'd prefer him to start over Jota.

Jota is a magnificent impact sub for mine. Seems to effect the game so much more when he comes on with 30 mins to go.

Also sub Gini and let him come on like he did Barca and score another 2 goals!!

This is gonna be one tough game.

NEVER GIVE UP
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10: Apr 11, 2021 08:54:09 am
      Said last week after the game that I couldn't bring myself to watch the second leg, but of course I will.  Not sure we can do it, but we'll see.
      Madrid played like we thought we would. Their press was so liverpool like, while we looked shell-shocked. Strangely I think playing at Their training ground through us a bit.
      No fans at Anfield on a huge European night is sickening. We really rely on the roar of the fans to give us that extra believe and energy, and it scares the hell out of the opposition no matter how big a club they are.
      Madrid will go with the same tactics again,  there's no way they're going to sit back and soak up pressure, but we didn't do ourselves justice in the last game. The players have a point to prove with half the world watching. Two goals are needed, so let's score 3 just to be sure.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #11: Apr 11, 2021 01:07:37 pm
       Plus they are full of confidence right now beating us and Barca they going to come and park the bus and hit us on the break
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #12: Apr 11, 2021 08:14:42 pm
      Our chances feel like 30% minus another 10% for the lack of fans. We probably need to score 3 goals because I do not see us going zero-ish. If Madrid did win 4-1 I'd pull starters and save them for Leeds, but I guess 3-1 is not impossible. Does anyone have data how many times a team could overcome a 3-1 deficit in comparison to not (in serious european competitions)?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #13: Apr 11, 2021 09:09:39 pm
      Plus they are full of confidence right now beating us and Barca they going to come and park the bus and hit us on the break

If our best players play like they did in the first leg, then it really doesn’t matter.

Alisson needs to be the goalie of years past and not this season’s version.

Trent needs to go back to being able to defend at acceptable levels (thought he had a strong defensive game against Villa).

Fabinho had a moment of mental lapse because that was his worst game in a while.

The list goes on in terms of our players needing to improve, but this is not over 
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #14: Apr 11, 2021 10:18:06 pm
      Just take out Benzema and we win, you said. Well it happened, and the team still lost.

Come on,no one could foresee that performance after the Arsenal game,Benzema is their main man but we were poor all over the pitch and lost the game in the first half,Zindane got his tactics spot on and Jürgen didn't and got the team selection wrong which he changed partly before half time,I believe if Jürgen chooses the right players and tactics which i believe he will then we will beat them on Wednesday and knock them out,Real will be overconfident and underestimate us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15: Apr 11, 2021 10:26:06 pm
      Come on,no one could foresee that performance after the Arsenal game,Benzema is their main man but we were poor all over the pitch and lost the game in the first half,Zindane got his tactics spot on and Jürgen didn't and got the team selection wrong which he changed partly before half time,I believe if Jürgen chooses the right players and tactics which i believe he will then we will beat them on Wednesday and knock them out,Real will be overconfident and underestimate us.

And what are the right team and tactics in your opinion?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #16: Apr 12, 2021 06:37:37 am
      Our chances feel like 30% minus another 10% for the lack of fans. We probably need to score 3 goals because I do not see us going zero-ish. If Madrid did win 4-1 I'd pull starters and save them for Leeds, but I guess 3-1 is not impossible. Does anyone have data how many times a team could overcome a 3-1 deficit in comparison to not (in serious european competitions)?

No, but scenarios like this don't matter when it comes to Liverpool on special European nights, especially at Anfield!  :D

2-0 Boys and we are thru.

Play Bobby and James from the off with Fab and Thiago in midfield and let's crush, suffocate and harass the life out of Modric and Kroos!!!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Apr 12, 2021 08:56:06 am
      I have a funny feeling we'll have one of those magical nights again and it all clicks into place, our 2 CB's will be transformed into peak Virg and Matip , Allison will remember how to keep goal, plus Mane will finally rediscover some form and rip their defence to shreds.

I'll go for 3-0 to us.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #18: Apr 12, 2021 09:53:30 am
      I have a funny feeling we'll have one of those magical nights again and it all clicks into place, our 2 CB's will be transformed into peak Virg and Matip , Allison will remember how to keep goal, plus Mane will finally rediscover some form and rip their defence to shreds.

I'll go for 3-0 to us.

If we had our fans, yes but I'm not excited for this one. I was for the first leg but we need one of those nights. Come on Reds.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #19: Apr 12, 2021 11:36:24 am

I'll go for 3-0 to us.

If you are right I’ll stop calling you a c**t .. 😂
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #20: Apr 12, 2021 11:51:40 am
      If you are right I’ll stop calling you a c**t .. 😂

I'll believe that when i see it.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #21: Apr 12, 2021 11:52:16 am
      If we had our fans, yes but I'm not excited for this one. I was for the first leg but we need one of those nights. Come on Reds.

I to have a gut feeling we are going to smash them.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #22: Apr 12, 2021 12:02:02 pm
      And what are the right team and tactics in your opinion?

I would leave Jota and Mane on the bench,play Milly,Thiago and Fab in the middle,Gini just ahead of them in an attacking roll,with Salah and Bobby up front.Jürgen will have them up for this one and the press will put them under pressure from the off and an opening goal for us will see them crumble like the Barca game.TAA will need protection as they targeted them last week but Modric and Kross won't have time and space like last week as Bobby and Fab will be on their arses.What do you think gobs***e,or are you sitting on the fence and waiting to criticise everyone if there wrong to be positive.COYR.

Quick Reply