Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th

Read 7284 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid [1-3] Champions League QF 2nd Leg (14 April 2021 8pm)
      Reply #23: Apr 12, 2021 01:21:13 pm
      I to have a gut feeling we are going to smash them.

Fingers crossed, you're right and I'm wrong. I'm worked opposite to last game because I was excited and we disappointed, now hope it's vice versa.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid [1-3] Champions League QF 2nd Leg (14 April 2021 8pm)
      Reply #24: Apr 12, 2021 01:40:04 pm
      What about this? If the players are outside the box at time of pass, its simply decided on just feet position and if they are inside the box that’s when they bring in all the CSI lines and sh*t?

You see it with fouls, they are way more lenient outside the box than in it.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25: Apr 12, 2021 01:47:59 pm
      Can we put giant screens behind the Kop and broadcast the fans at home?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th
      Reply #26: Apr 12, 2021 01:51:38 pm
      Sorry if this is a little too early but with a tricky tie against Villa out of the way I’m starting to feel the nerves of a big European night ahead.

Getting fixated on this as the days draw nearer and the clock tick downs I’m starting to believe more and more. Klopp would have done his analysis in the post mortem of a drab performance and will adjust accordingly. Bobby back in the side for me, and Jota ahead of Mane. Thiago also a must in the middle and I’m still in two minds about having Fab either next to him or Phillips at the back. A first half goal and clean sheet will have them super nervous with plenty of legs to run at them off the bench in Mane, Ox, Origi.

Come on you reds!!!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th
      Reply #27: Apr 12, 2021 02:15:02 pm
      Have a feeling 90 mins will finish 3-1 to us... it’s a new found feeling because a few days ago I was feeling quite defeated and couldn’t see how we do it right now, but hey, it’s us, it’s what we do in Europe 😂
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th
      Reply #28: Apr 12, 2021 02:19:04 pm
      Kabak and Phillips were completely out of their depth against a good, experienced forward in benzema.

It’s an absolute must that we play Fabinho in the back four. Man Mark benzema and take him out the game. Don’t give him a sniff.

Bobby has to play too to help the midfield get a grip of both Modric and Kroos. Eliminate those three players and we’ve got every chance of progressing to the semi’s.

Ali

Trent
      Fabinho
      Phillips
      Robbo

Thiago
      Gini
      Milner

Salah
      Bobby
      Mane

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #29: Apr 12, 2021 02:28:23 pm
      Can we put giant screens behind the Kop and broadcast the fans at home?

:lmao:

You should have chose Man City to support mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30: Apr 12, 2021 02:48:10 pm
      Kabak and Phillips at CB, Fab, Thiago and Curtis Jones in midfield (although I can see Klopp choosing Jimmy over Jones)

Mane, Firmino and Salah up front. Jota to come on around 65 minutes if necessary.

Team picks itself.

2-0 to us and job done.

Easy peasy.

You play CBs in CB places and you play midfielders in midfielder places. Messing with that's what got us fighting for fourth to start with.

rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #31: Apr 12, 2021 02:52:15 pm
      Would not bother with Gini for this Thiago and Fab with Bobby allowing Jota in  or Jones need goals and hopefully keep the back door shut
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #32: Apr 12, 2021 02:53:33 pm
      Kabak and Phillips at CB, Fab, Thiago and Curtis Jones in midfield (although I can see Klopp choosing Jimmy over Jones)

Mane, Firmino and Salah up front. Jota to come on around 65 minutes if necessary.

Team picks itself.

2-0 to us and job done.

Easy peasy.

You play CBs in CB places and you play midfielders in midfielder places. Messing with that's what got us fighting for fourth to start with.

Fabinho is great at CB but with strong cover now in Nat and Kabak he belongs in midfield for sure. Plus with the way Fab can sometimes tackle and poke the ball away he can give up some fouls, and rather those be outside the box with all the diving from Real.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #33: Apr 12, 2021 02:56:53 pm
      Would not bother with Gini for this Thiago and Fab with Bobby allowing Jota in  or Jones need goals and hopefully keep the back door shut

So 4-2-3-1? no issues with that other than we have not used it much this season and may not be the best time to try a new formation.

And i think Gini still starts. I like Jones but he's not very fast and we need energy to press them to death and Gini is very good at that.

If not Gini then maybe Ox, but he hasn't played in a while.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34: Apr 12, 2021 03:05:27 pm
      just win please.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #35: Apr 12, 2021 03:32:00 pm
      Whoever plays needs to be on it from the off,it’s imperative we don’t concede early because it’s already going to be a tough ask & we don’t need to make it even harder for ourselves & no crowd will just add to the pressure.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #36: Apr 12, 2021 04:36:05 pm
      Fingers crossed, you're right and I'm wrong. I'm worked opposite to last game because I was excited and we disappointed, now hope it's vice versa.

True,the only thing predictable about us this year is we are unpredictable.We are well overdue a great performance and result at Anfield.COYR.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #37: Apr 12, 2021 04:37:46 pm
      :lmao:

You should have chose Man City to support mate.

Sometimes i wonder if he really is a red with all the crap he spouts ;D.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38: Apr 12, 2021 04:40:42 pm
      I would leave Jota and Mane on the bench,play Milly,Thiago and Fab in the middle,Gini just ahead of them in an attacking roll,with Salah and Bobby up front.Jürgen will have them up for this one and the press will put them under pressure from the off and an opening goal for us will see them crumble like the Barca game.TAA will need protection as they targeted them last week but Modric and Kross won't have time and space like last week as Bobby and Fab will be on their arses.What do you think gobs***e,or are you sitting on the fence and waiting to criticise everyone if there wrong to be positive.COYR.

Christ, I only asked a question, no need to get your knicker elastic in a twist. Personally would play mane as real Madrid have had problems at right back. Play Bobby and mo with gini, thiago and fab in midfield . If madrid play like they did at the weekend they will sit back and hit on the break
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #39: Apr 12, 2021 05:13:09 pm
      What did Jürgen say before Barca again? Something like if we do it great but if not then let’s at least fail in the most beautiful way.

Just want to see us give it a good old go. You can’t comeback every year against top teams so I’m not expecting much but let’s at least give them hell for 90 minutes.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #40: Apr 12, 2021 05:21:26 pm
                       Alisson
           Davies - Phillips - Kabak
      Trent  - Fabinho - Thiago -  Robbo
              Salah - Firmino - Jota

rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #41: Apr 12, 2021 05:29:40 pm
      So 4-2-3-1? no issues with that other than we have not used it much this season and may not be the best time to try a new formation.

And i think Gini still starts. I like Jones but he's not very fast and we need energy to press them to death and Gini is very good at that.

If not Gini then maybe Ox, but he hasn't played in a while.

Might be right possibly switch to it as time goes on if we need more attacking options . Gini has been very poor of late and for me would rather see others given a chance
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Apr 12, 2021 07:06:07 pm
      Alisson
      TAA Philips Kabak Robbo
      Thiago Fab Gini
      Salah Bob Jota

First leg, once Jürgen changed things/brought off Keita, was 1-1 after.
      Get better control of the midfield, so would have our ball winners in there, can't let their midfield pensioners have the time and space they had.
      To be honest I wouldn't even consider Mane as a sub on current form, so starting the other 3, with Shaq to come on if needed.
      Would look at Milner instead of TAA at RB, purely because they are going to target that side again with pace, and TAA's defending under real pressure hasn't been great  - but we loose out on TAA going forward.
      No matter who we select this is gonna be tough, they are in good form, sharp and fast, and have confidence.

But it's not impossible - get an early goal and it's all to play for.
      We'll need to play better than the last time, and can't afford passengers.
      Looking forward to it :)
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Apr 12, 2021 07:07:31 pm
                       Alisson
           Davies - Phillips - Kabak
      Trent  - Fabinho - Thiago -  Robbo
              Salah - Firmino - Jota

Not sure what's going on with Davies, but I've a better chance of starting than he has ;)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44: Apr 12, 2021 07:31:20 pm
      Not sure what's going on with Davies, but I've a better chance of starting than he has ;)

One can wish 😂
      I’d love to have them at the back, Fab in front and let the rest go full attack.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45: Apr 12, 2021 07:31:53 pm

Plus i believe he's left footed therefore he wouldn't be in that position :)

Quick Reply