Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th

Read 7594 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th
      Reply #69: Apr 13, 2021 04:46:36 pm
      By attack attack attack I'm not talking about some looney kamikaze style of football, but the kind of heavy metal football we played a few years ago, where we pressed the hell out of teams and attacked at pace, if we sit back and are patient as you suggest it will at best be 0-0 at half time and Real Madrid will strangle the life out of the game.

We have to be positive in this game, when a defence is a bit weak then attack is the best form of defence, push Real Madrid backwards and have multiple attack vectors.

I sort of agree with this Heimy, but going back to the first leg, when we did attempt the press, they just confidently played around us and up the field.
      Not sure if that was because of their quality one touch passing, or due to our press not being as focussed as it has been in the past. Or even the wrong personal in midfield for us, but it certain ly didn't go well.
      Hope its much improved tomorrow if thats the ploy were going with.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool vs Real Madrid UCL Quarter Final Second Leg April 14th
      Reply #70: Apr 13, 2021 04:50:35 pm
      That'd be a huge mistake. We could do it back then because we had a real 12th man, Matip/VVD and a pathetic Barca that lost to Roma a year before quite in the same humiliating fashion after going 4-1 at home. Now, we don't have fans, we have a proper downgrade in Phillips/Kabak and Real is not only in a good moment but also not dysfunctional - rather to the contrary. If we play attack attack attack it will be 0-4 at halftime. We need to play patient, alsmost as if 0-0 would be enough. Keep it 0-0 for a long time and we have a chance because 1-0 at 82min. and the game becomes wide open.

1-0 at 82 mins and we'll have a 10 man wall to bypass.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #71: Apr 13, 2021 10:05:20 pm
      We are not playing anywhere near good enough. We won the weekend playing poirly.

That's the elephant in the room. We might simply be not good enough for the premium teams right now. 
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #72: Apr 13, 2021 10:10:45 pm
      1-0 at 82 mins and we'll have a 10 man wall to bypass.

That will happen anyway and we showed over and over again that we cannot create sufficient opportunities in such a constellation. That's on Klopp's system-stubbornness. He won't do what heimdall wants: play the heavy metal football of 2017-2018. That cost us and will cost us.

I read an article where Mané/Firmino don't like Salah anymore for he doesn't work like them but earns the fruits (goals) from their hard work. There's some truth to it and the main reason I'd not be sad if Salah was shipped and we got actually a striker with an Bobby-like workrate.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #73: Apr 13, 2021 10:10:54 pm
      That's the elephant in the room. We might simply be not good enough for the premium teams right now.

That's bs. We may be missing some key players, primarily Van Dijk and Henderson, but we are going to field a team full of world class players who can  beat anyone.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #74: Apr 13, 2021 10:12:47 pm
      That will happen anyway and we showed over and over again that we cannot create sufficient opportunities in such a constellation. That's on Klopp's system-stubbornness. He won't do what heimdall wants: play the heavy metal football of 2017-2018. That cost us and will cost us.

I read an article where Mané/Firmino don't like Salah anymore for he doesn't work like them but earns the fruits (goals) from their hard work. There's some truth to it and the main reason I'd not be sad if Salah was shipped and we got actually a striker with an Bobby-like workrate.

What article? and yes, Salah is the biggest beneficiary of the team's system that gears so much of its offense towards him while not having the same defensive responsibilities, but Bobby/Sadio turning on him is a far reach.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #75: Apr 13, 2021 10:18:05 pm
      The word on the street is there is a small chance Mateusz Musialowski could be on the bench tomorrow. He trained with the first team today.

Who needs Origi  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #76: Apr 13, 2021 10:22:44 pm

Was it called Jackanory!!
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #77: Apr 13, 2021 10:28:41 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #78: Apr 13, 2021 10:31:09 pm

F**k off with this childish sh*te
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #79: Apr 13, 2021 10:35:01 pm
      The word on the street is there is a small chance Mateusz Musialowski could be on the bench tomorrow. He trained with the first team today.

Who needs Origi  ;D

Don't think he's registered to play in the CL
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #80: Apr 14, 2021 02:26:04 am
      Don't think he's registered to play in the CL

If this is right, you're right:

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/7889--liverpool/squad/
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #81: Apr 14, 2021 02:29:48 am

Am I actually reading these F***ing words?

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #82: Apr 14, 2021 07:13:26 am
      Smother the F**k out of Kroos and Modric and we smash these cu*ts!

Let's not go out to Madrid Teams, 2 seasons running.

Commmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeonn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnn
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #83: Apr 14, 2021 07:22:34 am

Yeah, I seen that article myself, I think it was either the Beano or the Dandy, I also saw your name on the side of a loaf this morning, but when I had a second look it said...Thick Cu T !

F**k Me, where do these imbeciles come from ?

Y  N  W  A
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,328 posts | 280 
      Reply #84: Apr 14, 2021 07:23:16 am
      I think Fab might be CB tonight with Milner, Gini and Thiago in midfield and our usual front three.
      I'd be tempted to play all four attackers but would that give Gini and Thiago too much to do 🤔.. Maybe Jota to come after 60-65 mins
      Phillips has done well for us, an untried player thrown into a team in disarray and expected to perform, he has tbf but the highest level of the CL may just be beyond him but I won't fault the lad nor Kabak they've both been chucked in.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #85: Apr 14, 2021 08:59:26 am
      I think Fab might be CB tonight with Milner, Gini and Thiago in midfield and our usual front three.
      I'd be tempted to play all four attackers but would that give Gini and Thiago too much to do 🤔.. Maybe Jota to come after 60-65 mins
      Phillips has done well for us, an untried player thrown into a team in disarray and expected to perform, he has tbf but the highest level of the CL may just be beyond him but I won't fault the lad nor Kabak they've both been chucked in.

I think that would be a big mistake, there is a reason why we lost so many matches in Jan and Feb and its because we had neither Fab or Hendo in midfield. We have to trust the CB's and simply be positive, go for the jugular, get a nice early goal and its game on.

I'd switch to a 4-2-2-2 formation with Mane and Salah up front with Jota and Bobby behind them backed up by Thiago and Fab, we have to get control of that midfield and press the hell out of them.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #86: Apr 14, 2021 09:45:28 am
      Really hope the lads can overturn the 2 goal deposit, it is just a pity the vast majority of a full crowd will be once again missing, to roar the team on to victory ! Feel we need to attack from the start being careful not to concede a goal.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #87: Apr 14, 2021 10:02:37 am

For me if we have any hope we must change our set up.

Id have no issue with Milner in defence, but as a 3, leaving Fab to press them in midfield

AB
              Milner  Kabak Robbo

Trent  Thiago   Fab   Jones

Shaq

Mo         Jota

leaves Mane, Bobby, Keita, Ox as impact and Gini and Philips to close it out if we get to that position
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #88: Apr 14, 2021 10:51:13 am
      For me if we have any hope we must change our set up.

Id have no issue with Milner in defence, but as a 3, leaving Fab to press them in midfield

AB
              Milner  Kabak Robbo

Trent  Thiago   Fab   Jones

Shaq

Mo         Jota

leaves Mane, Bobby, Keita, Ox as impact and Gini and Philips to close it out if we get to that position

hmm, interesting but I'd be scared with Milner in defence, he's not getting any quicker and you just know that those shithouses would target him to get a penalty, I'd swap Milner for Neco or just play Nat again.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,328 posts | 280 
      Reply #89: Apr 14, 2021 11:52:11 am
      I think that would be a big mistake, there is a reason why we lost so many matches in Jan and Feb and its because we had neither Fab or Hendo in midfield. We have to trust the CB's and simply be positive, go for the jugular, get a nice early goal and its game on.

I'd switch to a 4-2-2-2 formation with Mane and Salah up front with Jota and Bobby behind them backed up by Thiago and Fab, we have to get control of that midfield and press the hell out of them.

I'm in complete agreement that's why we lost so many games in that spell.. I'm just thinking what Klopp might do tonight.. We'll see soon enough I suppose, either way I'm looking forward to it now COYRM
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #90: Apr 14, 2021 01:27:29 pm
      Don't think we can wait on subs from the bench to save us, we have to go at them right from the start and get an early goal to put them under pressure

Alisson
       Trent Philips Kabak Robbo
                     Fab  Gini
            Mo   Bobby   Mane
                      Jota

2-0 YNWA
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #91: Apr 14, 2021 01:49:56 pm
      First goal is huge, it doesn’t even need to come in the first half it can come on the 80th minute and it would be great. You never know with Liverpool..

Quick Reply