Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      5 (6.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      39 (50%)
      Ozan Kabak
      1 (1.3%)
      Nat Phillips
      14 (17.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.6%)
       Fabinho
      4 (5.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.6%)
      James Milner
      9 (11.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2021 09:53:19 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19091 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Apr 15, 2021 11:23:07 am
      Simply just didn’t convert our chances and were punished by that sub par first leg performance. I actually thought we played well last night otherwise.

Trent, Nat and Bobby stood out for me.

As others have said it’s about damage limitation now. Every game should be treated as a cup final and must win.

In what way did Bobby play well??? Was it the misplaced passes that impressed you the most? None of the forwards played well, but the Midfield and Defence were all good, I agree on that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #645: Apr 15, 2021 12:40:43 pm
      Some unbelievable comments from so called Liverpool supporters  :f_doh: Christ! I'd be on here all day today if i was to reply.  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2021 12:53:10 pm by Keith Singleton »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #646: Apr 15, 2021 12:47:15 pm
      Yeah but JD has a blind spot with Thiago 😉

Maybe I do.  Maybe I am being overly harsh on the guy.  I don't know?

I just don't get whats so good about him, certainly fitting into the way we have been playing the past couple of seasons.  Doesn't look like a matchwinner to me.  I could be wrong but I don't even think he's had an assist, and that's not because he spends his time breaking up opposition play.

I just don't see him being part of a successful regular Liverpool XI.  Sincerely hope I'm wrong and am eating my words in 12 months time.

Thought last night when he came on it got easier for Real Madrid's midfield. 
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #647: Apr 15, 2021 12:52:36 pm
      Has it occurred to you that Klopp was the one who chose the wrong area to strengthen, for example Thiago, what was the need for him, how has he improved us??

Thiago is the worst signing in my mind. Perhaps he sticks out because it is so frustrating as I expected a lot from him.

Haven't really noticed him play well once. I can't think of any Liverpool player worse at tackling than him. Balotelli was probably better at that!! He runs like a 50 year old. Unbelievable really.  :f_doh:

We desperately need our fans back, and desperately need the Summer break to properly get back into football. So many players have been appalling this season. I can only hope it is circumstantial and everyone will suddenly be back to their best for next season - including Thiago!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #648: Apr 15, 2021 01:19:19 pm
      Some unbelievable comments from so called Liverpool supporters  :f_doh: Christ! I'd be on here all day today if i was to reply.  :lmao:

You got that right Keith
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #649: Apr 15, 2021 01:24:19 pm
      I was as excited as anyone when we got Thiago, but that’s probably my FIFA brain overriding my normal one too, but the more it settles, the more it seems like a United kind of move, buy a superstar that’s reaching their decline and hope it goes good. I mean, at the price we paid could be worse, and he’s still got time... but yeah I don’t have good feelings about the signing.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #650: Apr 15, 2021 01:52:30 pm

I just don't get whats so good about him, certainly fitting into the way we have been playing the past couple of seasons.  Doesn't look like a matchwinner to me.  I could be wrong but I don't even think he's had an assist, and that's not because he spends his time breaking up opposition play.

I just don't see him being part of a successful regular Liverpool XI.  Sincerely hope I'm wrong and am eating my words in 12 months time.

Pushing Fabinho into the back didn’t help Thiago who I think is the more creative player who likes to get forward... filling fabs role hindered us...I thought taking off Milner & Kabak were the wrong calls at the wrong time, we lost all momentum ...
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #651: Apr 15, 2021 02:43:13 pm
      So not to start Robbo for the last  7 games is not questionable ?

What’s he done to merit a starting place? He looks knackered. Tsimikas more than able to come into the starting XI and do the job Robbo has done for the last 4 months. Probably better too as he’ll have more energy and drive.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #652: Apr 15, 2021 02:45:38 pm

He doesn't break up play ? Seriously
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #653: Apr 15, 2021 02:46:54 pm
      What’s he done to merit a starting place? He looks knackered. Tsimikas more than able to come into the starting XI and do the job Robbo has done for the last 4 months. Probably better too as he’ll have more energy and drive.

A rest maybe needed but you did say he shouldn't play again all season which is bollocks . Do you think there may be a reason why Tzimikas has not played maybe its because he is not as good just a thought
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #654: Apr 15, 2021 02:51:41 pm
      Pushing Fabinho into the back didn’t help Thiago who I think is the more creative player who likes to get forward... filling fabs role hindered us...I thought taking off Milner & Kabak were the wrong calls at the wrong time, we lost all momentum ...

Yep, I’m sure Klopp would agree. Oh well, it pays off sometimes but it wasn’t to be.
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #655: Apr 15, 2021 03:14:32 pm
      The conclusion of this was already decided before the kick-off, Real did toy with our alleged star players, no strange to say the nutcase manager team's selection was wrong however, we saw the true metal of Salah, Gini, Firmino, who were all useless, whereas, there were much better players kept the bench warm!! Everyone can see the ongoing decay of this team and manager, there is no brighter prospect that will come from this ordeal. I sincerely hope that this weird manager got the sack very soon.

Trent had a suburb game, really you cannot say that about the headless chicken Salah!!

Those so-called fans who had attached Real's team bus, are not LFC fans at all. A very shamful act indeed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #656: Apr 15, 2021 03:16:54 pm
      The conclusion of this was already decided before the kick-off, Real did toy with our alleged star players, no strange to say the nutcase manager team's selection was wrong however, we saw the true metal of Salah, Gini, Firmino, who were all useless, whereas, there were much better players kept the bench warm!! Everyone can see the ongoing decay of this team and manager, there is no brighter prospect that will come from this ordeal. I sincerely hope that this weird manager got the sack very soon.

Trent had a suburb game, really you cannot say that about the headless chicken Salah!!

Those so-called fans who had attached Real's team bus, are not LFC fans at all. A very shamful act indeed.

Hmmm.. who should replace Klopp & why..?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #657: Apr 15, 2021 03:35:54 pm
      Perhaps wait until the ball goes out of play then do your laces, just a thought!

Are you for real,you wanted Gini to wait until the ball goes out??There is no obligation from either team to wait for a player to do his laces before putting the ball back into play.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #658: Apr 15, 2021 03:38:59 pm
      Hmmm.. who should replace Klopp & why..?

I love Jürgen but he needs to earn his beans next season because this season is nowhere good enough and I'm not going to be celebrating finishing F***ing 4th and the winning the Wenger trophy.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #659: Apr 15, 2021 03:47:47 pm
      Has it occurred to you that Klopp was the one who chose the wrong area to strengthen, for example Thiago, what was the need for him, how has he improved us??

We desperately need new forwards because Mane and Bobby have turned to sh*t and I would love someone a LOT more clinical than Salah, Jota is good in this respect but we need at least one more. Our shot conversion rate is utterly pathetic and the number of times we shoot over the bar is becoming a f**king joke now! Can't one of the coaches do some training on this, little hint lean forwards when you shoot, not back!!!

Another thing that drives me nuts are the number of floated crosses we have into the box, IT NEVER WORKS, so stop f**king doing it!!!!!  Compare it to City where what they do is stagger their attacking players, then have someone run to by-line and PASS the ball to the one who is free, it's not rocket science FFS!!

As for the game yesterday we had to score first half, we had so many good chances, but I kind of think that even if we had Real Madrid would have stepped through the gears and started attacking our make shift defence, in any case with that defence I do not see how we would have won the CL unless the rest of the team were perfect and we have not been perfect in any game this season, far from it.

Choose the wrong area?why should Jürgen HAVE to choose what area to strengthen?Our recruitment has been good up until 2019/20.No excuses for not buying a CB after Lovern went and after our first choice CB's got injured and waiting until the last day of the window to buy bargain basements.Jürgen has worked miracles with the net spend he has had.Look at the red sh*te in Manchester and then thank your lucky stars we have Jürgen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #660: Apr 15, 2021 04:29:41 pm
      Are you for real,you wanted Gini to wait until the ball goes out??There is no obligation from either team to wait for a player to do his laces before putting the ball back into play.

??? So its better to do your laces whilst the ball is still in play rather than to wait for a goal kick, throw in, Real Madrid player throwing himself to the ground in apparent agony etc . Erm WHAT ?????
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #661: Apr 15, 2021 04:31:22 pm
      Choose the wrong area?why should Jürgen HAVE to choose what area to strengthen?Our recruitment has been good up until 2019/20.No excuses for not buying a CB after Lovern went and after our first choice CB's got injured and waiting until the last day of the window to buy bargain basements.Jürgen has worked miracles with the net spend he has had.Look at the red sh*te in Manchester and then thank your lucky stars we have Jürgen.

Klopp has to choose what area to strengthen because he doesn't have infinite transfer funds no one does, not even City. If you don't understand that then its hard to have a proper conversation with you.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #662: Apr 15, 2021 04:47:52 pm

Would you swap? I'll take Klopp and you can have Ole. Deal or no deal?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #663: Apr 15, 2021 04:57:13 pm
      I love Jürgen but he needs to earn his beans next season because this season is nowhere good enough and I'm not going to be celebrating finishing f**king 4th and the winning the Wenger trophy.

I agree, Klopp has to earn his salary next season.

I still think we’ll miss out on 4th - but hoping for a good Europa and domestic cup run for once
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #664: Apr 15, 2021 05:05:00 pm
      Next season we will retain the title...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #665: Apr 15, 2021 05:46:50 pm

At least they could hit the target!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #666: Apr 15, 2021 06:13:19 pm
      At least they could hit the target!!

:lmao:

Quick Reply