Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Alisson Becker
      5 (6.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      39 (50%)
      Ozan Kabak
      1 (1.3%)
      Nat Phillips
      14 (17.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.6%)
       Fabinho
      4 (5.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.6%)
      James Milner
      9 (11.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2021 09:53:19 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19087 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Real Madrid: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Apr 15, 2021 06:29:42 pm
      Next season we will retain the title...

How do we retain the title next season when we are not winning it this season?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #668: Apr 15, 2021 06:33:42 pm
      At the end of the day, whatever you think of individual players, the manager, the tactics, the subs, etc etc. We done enough to win, but failed to finish gilt edged chances.
      All very disappointing, and i'm personally gutted. Just holding out for a top 4 finish, and go again next season. Hopefully with a few quality signings on board, and a couple returning from injury.

Its history now, but Kloppo certainly need to refresh with some stellar signings for next season. We stand still in that respect, and the whole operation stands still !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #669: Apr 15, 2021 07:11:47 pm
      Am I a bad person for not giving a F**k about Madrids team busses window?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #670: Apr 15, 2021 08:04:35 pm
      Might have been a different game had Salah scored early on but we just faded away and now are forwards are as poor as the defence
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #671: Apr 15, 2021 09:17:30 pm
      Klopp has to choose what area to strengthen because he doesn't have infinite transfer funds no one does, not even City. If you don't understand that then its hard to have a proper conversation with you.

Supporters like you deserve the owners we have,their transfer policies are a joke,there was no covid at the start of the 2019/20 season or the January window and how did we strengthen?At least that gives them an excuse now.Jürgen has overachieved and where we are now is about right with the way the club is run.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #672: Apr 15, 2021 09:20:53 pm
      ??? So its better to do your laces whilst the ball is still in play rather than to wait for a goal kick, throw in, Real Madrid player throwing himself to the ground in apparent agony etc . Erm WHAT ?????

Your a tube,had we been winning this wouldn't have been brought up,you can make Gini out to be the scapegoat for us not getting through if you like because he did his laces up.;D
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #673: Apr 16, 2021 11:40:29 am
      I thought a few days on I'd feel better but just seeing that graphic SSN ' Real Madrid v Chelsea' has just pissed me off even more.. We should have won that the other night, I was pissed off about that Atletico defeat last year for months. Can live with being outplayed but that Real team aren't great, well organised and professional but not not great same with Chelsea we would've done them... Rant over😠
      The only consolation is if we'd have got to the CL final and lost to City, that would be a killer.
      Got if off my chest, these next seven games are critical, we need CL football we don't need Europa. If we can claim 4th place from this horrendous sh*t show of a season it will feel like a trophy for me.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #674: Apr 16, 2021 11:42:40 am
      I thought a few days on I'd feel better but just seeing that graphic SSN ' Real Madrid v Chelsea' has just pissed me off even more.. We should have won that the other night, I was pissed off about that Atletico defeat last year for months. Can live with being outplayed but that Real team aren't great, well organised and professional but not not great same with Chelsea we would've done them... Rant over😠
      The only consolation is if we'd have got to the CL final and lost to City, that would be a killer.
      Got if off my chest, these next seven games are critical, we need CL football we don't need Europa. If we can claim 4th place from this horrendous sh*t show of a season it will feel like a trophy for me.

Not that great I meant
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #675: Apr 16, 2021 11:44:08 am
      Your a tube,had we been winning this wouldn't have been brought up,you can make Gini out to be the scapegoat for us not getting through if you like because he did his laces up.;D

I never made Gini a scapegoat for us not winning, I just thought it was bizarre to stop playing and do your laces up whilst the ball is in play and we are at the oppositions 16 yard box, you clearly see that as normal, so please expand on that, I'm fascinated to hear you explanation, if you have one, I suspect it will just be more nonsense and insults though.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #676: Apr 16, 2021 08:36:05 pm
      I never made Gini a scapegoat for us not winning, I just thought it was bizarre to stop playing and do your laces up whilst the ball is in play and we are at the oppositions 16 yard box, you clearly see that as normal, so please expand on that, I'm fascinated to hear you explanation, if you have one, I suspect it will just be more nonsense and insults though.

Would this have been brought up had we won??Gini's lace was undone and he did it up,big deal?i think not.Move on.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #677: Apr 16, 2021 09:32:36 pm

Can’t say I noticed this...
      But it can make a difference. I’m pretty sure smicers goal in the champions league final was scored because one of the Milan players was distracted with his boot.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #678: Apr 19, 2021 03:35:33 pm
      Quote from Rush Goalie

Except it won't be. There'll be no parade organised for finishing 4th, nor should there be. It's the minimum acceptable target, not a goal when you set out at the start to retain the title. We should be long past the days of regarding 4th as a successful season.

So another team finds out what it's like to face Real Madrid in the European Cup, and  has found out what that means. Real had a makeshift back 4 for this tie, yet barely broke sweat to win. Hopefully the team will go on to beat all the oligarchs that stand in their way in the rest of the competition.

As for us, it's the first time since 2014/15, that we scored no goals in the first half of our home European games. So now it's back to the dog eat dog world of the league. Maybe we will finish 4th, maybe we won't. August can't come soon enough.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #679: Apr 27, 2021 08:15:08 pm
      Chelsea tearing madrid apart - Jees I thought these were good, but we are just sh*te
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #680: Apr 27, 2021 08:28:39 pm
      Chelsea tearing madrid apart - Jees I thought these were good, but we are just sh*te

You beat me to it, and they've got defenders back aswell. That first half calamity against them fu**ed it big style for us ( aswell as our goal shy buggers at home )
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #681: Apr 28, 2021 01:34:28 am
      Gutted, we should have been playing Chelsea this morning, now those cu*ts have got 1 foot in the Final.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #682: Apr 28, 2021 08:30:12 am
      Gutted, we should have been playing Chelsea this morning, now those cu*ts have got 1 foot in the Final.

Why? They beat you fair and square on the day.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #683: Apr 28, 2021 09:25:34 am
      Dont dwell on it.

Madrid beat us because

.  We cant score
      .  We cant defend diagonal ball
      .  We gifted them a goal, we like gifting them goals.

Move on, finish out this season regroup refresh and go again next year
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #684: Apr 29, 2021 03:18:23 am
      Why? They beat you fair and square on the day.

F**k off, may have been fair but we should have put 4 or 5 past them, if it wasn't for our usual shithouseness in front of goal!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #685: Apr 29, 2021 11:18:00 am
      F**k off, may have been fair but we should have put 4 or 5 past them, if it wasn't for our usual shithouseness in front of goal!!

If my granny had balls she'd be my uncle.  :f_tongueincheek: You've just admitted you got beat fair and square move on you Aussie mother f**ker  :lmao:

There's always next year.  :f_whistle:
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #686: Apr 29, 2021 11:24:57 am
      If my granny had balls she'd be my uncle. 

Wouldn’t she be your grandad 🤷‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #687: Apr 29, 2021 11:25:54 am

:lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #688: Apr 29, 2021 11:27:50 am

Keith has a really complicated family tree. She'd actually be both.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #689: Apr 29, 2021 11:29:07 am
      Keith has a really complicated family tree. She'd actually be both.

I’d say he could count them on his fingers, but being a Manc he only has 6

Quick Reply