Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson Becker
      23 (41.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      7 (12.7%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.6%)
      Ozan Kabak
      8 (14.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      6 (10.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (7.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (5.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Apr 23, 2021 09:52:44 pm

Leeds United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18511 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Leeds United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Apr 20, 2021 09:19:50 am
      I will not retract it, I'm not suggesting Klopp took a bribe or anything dodgy like that but I do think he deliberately wanted to lose or draw that game yesterday to sick it to the owners, that was my instant gut reaction at full time and I have not changed my opinion. Klopp usually makes slightly weird subs but yesterday was even more extreme in my opinion, keeping Gini, Milner and Bobby on the pitch for 90 minutes made no sense at all, none, I cannot think of any other top level manager who would have made those tactical decisions whilst also removing our goal threat.

Right so your not retracting  your statement.  :roll:
      Your not suggesting he took a bribe  :roll:
      But he deliberately wanted to lose or draw  :roll:

There's 3 of your 6 seasons in one post.  :f_doh:

To say I'm confused is a understatement. I need some of that pot that Aussie Red uses.  :lmao:
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #369: Apr 20, 2021 09:22:01 am
      I will not retract it, I'm not suggesting Klopp took a bribe or anything dodgy like that but I do think he deliberately wanted to lose or draw that game yesterday to sick it to the owners, that was my instant gut reaction at full time and I have not changed my opinion. Klopp usually makes slightly weird subs but yesterday was even more extreme in my opinion, keeping Gini, Milner and Bobby on the pitch for 90 minutes made no sense at all, none, I cannot think of any other top level manager who would have made those tactical decisions whilst also removing our goal threat.

Absolute nonsense that he threw the game, no way that a man like JĆ¼rgen would do that, he is too invested in his job and his players

The rest of it? I canā€™t ever really understand these armchair managers, and by that I mean those who think they know better rather than simply have an opinion, and you come across like you think you know better rather than offering an opinion

You know JĆ¼rgen took a sports science degree right? And that he is on record of saying that he works on data and the science given to him when it comes to substitutions, so whether you agree with it or not thatā€™s his way and itā€™s worked for him throughout his career

Took off his goal threat? Didnā€™t he bring on his biggest goal threat and top scorer?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #370: Apr 20, 2021 09:23:04 am
      Seriously wondering if this is a wind up account.

A Man Utd fan supposedly concerned about the difficulties Klopp has with our owners? Really?

FSG have invested heavily into LFC and our failures this season are not down to FSG.

You don't get any screen time with me. Might as well have me on ignore.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #371: Apr 20, 2021 09:26:27 am
      Explain his subs then, was that a manager trying to win a tight game, taking off his best attackers and not fixing a midfield that was clearly over run?

Rarely see Klopp make a tactical change/substitution that turns a game in our favour. It really is puzzling to watch him at times.

Our title winning squad has just plummeted to a bunch of mid table players. Last night they struggled to pass the ball, had no clue what to do with it, hardly threatened the goal, and mostly did nothing all game.

How has Klopp not solved the problems which have been glaringly obvious for months? It's doubtful that they do anything worthwhile at all in training. If Klopp walks at the end of this season, it won't be because of the Super League, it will be because of his own failures this season. He looks devoid of ideas and it's worrying.

We had a massive opportunity to grab 4th place - but it looks screwed up again.

Desperately hoping we get fortunate and finish the season with Champions League place for next season, and an opportunity for a proper "reset" for the new season.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #372: Apr 20, 2021 09:44:27 am
      Rarely see Klopp make a tactical change/substitution that turns a game in our favour. It really is puzzling to watch him at times.

I mean thatā€™s just trying to make something fit a bit of confirmation bias you have in your own head

Gini off the bench in the Barca game?
      Divock off the bench in the CL final
      Shaq off the bench to score twice against united
      Bobby and Phil off the bench to score a d turn the game around against Stoke away
      I mean how many times has Jota come off the bench this season to get goals?
      Sturridge  off the bench hits the post for Mane to follow up to score the winner in the derby
      Divock with the 90+6 winner in the derby

Thatā€™s just off the top of my head, there will be loads more

Itā€™s like the other fella saying Bobby is his favourite and never gets taken off when if you actually look at the stats the player most substituted under Klopp? Thatā€™s right Bobby

DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #373: Apr 20, 2021 09:52:28 am
      I mean thatā€™s just trying to make something fit a bit of confirmation bias you have in your own head

Gini off the bench in the Barca game?
      Divock off the bench in the CL final
      Shaq off the bench to score twice against united
      Bobby and Phil off the bench to score a d turn the game around against Stoke away
      I mean how many times has Jota come off the bench this season to get goals?
      Sturridge  off the bench hits the post for Mane to follow up to score the winner in the derby
      Divock with the 90+6 winner in the derby

Thatā€™s just off the top of my head, there will be loads more

Itā€™s like the other fella saying Bobby is his favourite and never gets taken off when if you actually look at the stats the player most substituted under Klopp? Thatā€™s right Bobby

I didn't say "never". Those examples are pretty rare, and some of those were pretty obvious to any Manager.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #374: Apr 20, 2021 09:54:20 am
      Feel even more disillusioned after seemingly throwing away the chance of gaining all three points against Leeds. I will be glad when this hugely disappointing season is finally over !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #375: Apr 20, 2021 09:54:34 am
      https://youtu.be/C-3dwjgoBts

My thoughts entirely
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #376: Apr 20, 2021 09:54:49 am
      You've had to much screen time. Back on subject. Did Klopp throw the match? asking for a friend.  :f_whistle:

Always love how you try to ignore it when you screw up.  :lmao:

Fair enough - back on topic.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #377: Apr 20, 2021 09:56:46 am
      I didn't say "never". Those examples are pretty rare, and some of those were pretty obvious to any Manager.

Yeah ok mr backtrack

I gave you a few that I didnā€™t even have to think of, there will be loads more

But the sample size will be less under Klopp at Liverpool, he doesnā€™t need to make tactical changes or subs to changes games in games we are winning, and he wins far more than he doesnā€™t so doesnā€™t need to make that many

We won 27 out of the first 28 last season, we have finished with 98 and 97 points in the last two seasons... how many does he need to make changes in to ā€œturn the gameā€ in those seasons ?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #378: Apr 20, 2021 10:06:15 am
      Yeah ok mr backtrack

I gave you a few that I didnā€™t even have to think of, there will be loads more

But the sample size will be less under Klopp at Liverpool, he doesnā€™t need to make tactical changes or subs to changes games in games we are winning, and he wins far more than he doesnā€™t so doesnā€™t need to make that many

We won 27 out of the first 28 last season, we have finished with 98 and 97 points in the last two seasons... how many does he need to make changes in to ā€œturn the gameā€ in those seasons ?

That's not a backtrack. It was a clarification for your benefit  :roll:

Fair point that we did so amazingly well for most of last season, he didn't have to make genius subs. But feel free to focus on the games since the time we won the league. I certainly get the feeling his substitutions, tactics, and game plan have hindered us more than help us.

Playing Keita basically lost us the Champions League fixture. Repeatedly playing Fabinho in defence when he had other options was another glaring failure. 

Can you explain why these players are all under performing this season?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #379: Apr 20, 2021 11:22:32 am
      Recurring theme now. We can play well in one half of a game, but not both. The signs of fatigue are all over this team - we just can't maintain the intensity of the press for 90 minutes, or even close to it. After being really good in the first half, from about 55 mins onwards our attacks, yet again, were reduced to long balls over the top. We could have scored from a couple of them and killed the game right enough, but hoofing it long is not JĆ¼rgen's tactical choice - it's the players running out of gas. Milner tried to put it down to the effects of the Madrid game, but we've been like this since xmas. We are crawling towards the end of the season, and basically having to hope Chelsea and West Ham drop more points than we do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #380: Apr 20, 2021 11:42:06 am
      Right so your not retracting  your statement.  :roll:
      Your not suggesting he took a bribe  :roll:
      But he deliberately wanted to lose or draw  :roll:

There's 3 of your 6 seasons in one post.  :f_doh:

To say I'm confused is a understatement. I need some of that pot that Aussie Red uses.  :lmao:

I'm starting to think you are a bit dim Keith my munt chum, I said he threw the game to stick it to the owners, is that really so hard to understand??

BTW a Man Utd fan spending most of his time on a Liverpool forum, yes you are very very confused!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #381: Apr 20, 2021 12:56:13 pm
      I said he threw the game to stick it to the owners

Have you set fire to any 5G masts in the last 12 months?
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #382: Apr 20, 2021 01:17:10 pm
      It was a shambolic performance, which was initiated by weird team selection by a weird manager, reverting back to his odd defensive lineup by pushing Fabinho back from the midfield. The nutcase simply does not trust his young defenders!!

It was a lucky draw, Leeds should have won it 2-1 easily. The team performance was quite bad, however, it got very worse when the nutcase removed Mane and Jota, who both were keeping Leeds defense at bay, the introduction of Salah & OX was a fatal mistake, they were both infective and sh*t, as well as Firmino, and Gini

Just looking at the LFC remaining fixture, I do reckon will only salvage 5-6 points, they will lose against the scum, WBA, and Burnely. So the nutcase better cement 6th or 7th position in the league, he has destroyed this club.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #383: Apr 20, 2021 01:17:15 pm
      Never say never, but I doubt Klopp would deliberatly sabotage his own team. It's just not JĆ¼rgen. I could imagine it with Mourinho, but JĆ¼rgen is too "normal".
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #384: Apr 20, 2021 01:20:02 pm
      It was a shambolic performance, which was initiated by weird team selection by a weird manager, reverting back to his odd defensive lineup by pushing Fabinho back from the midfield. The nutcase simply does not trust his young defenders!!

It was a lucky draw, Leeds should have won it 2-1 easily. The team performance was quite bad, however, it got very worse when the nutcase removed Mane and Jota, who both were keeping Leeds defense at bay, the introduction of Salah & OX was a fatal mistake, they were both infective and sh*t, as well as Firmino, and Gini

Just looking at the LFC remaining fixture, I do reckon will only salvage 5-6 points, they will lose against the scum, WBA, and Burnely. So the nutcase better cement 6th or 7th position in the league, he has destroyed this club.

F***ing hell... really?

I mean surely the best wind ups are subtle and not simply f**king mental

Mad pr**k you

Never say never, but I doubt Klopp would deliberatly sabotage his own team. It's just not JĆ¼rgen. I could imagine it with Mourinho, but JĆ¼rgen is too "normal".

No manager would sabotage his own team, not at this level.. no chance.. I mean how would they get the players to buy into it for a start

Anyone who thinks this is just after a reaction and/or just a bit simple
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #385: Apr 20, 2021 01:43:43 pm

No, have you taken the untested experimental vaccine?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #386: Apr 20, 2021 01:45:30 pm

I hope you are right, I kind of suspect you are, but in that case the only other conclusion is that he set the team up all wrong, didn't react to the game at all and made terrible substitutions AGAIN!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #387: Apr 20, 2021 01:46:34 pm
      F***ing hell... really?

I mean surely the best wind ups are subtle and not simply f**king mental

Mad pr**k you

No manager would sabotage his own team, not at this level.. no chance.. I mean how would they get the players to buy into it for a start

Anyone who thinks this is just after a reaction and/or just a bit simple

You don't have to get the players to buy into them, you just play a midfielder in defence, play a tired midfield all game and take off your best attackers, job done
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #388: Apr 20, 2021 01:47:31 pm
      This place is getting as bad as RAWK with the amount of attention seekers.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #389: Apr 20, 2021 01:49:14 pm
      This place is getting as bad as RAWK with the amount of attention seekers.

Donā€™t get it me

You don't have to get the players to buy into them, you just play a midfielder in defence, play a tired midfield all game and take off your best attackers, job done

See, either trying to get a reaction or a bit simple
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #390: Apr 20, 2021 03:05:43 pm

He probably thinks your talking about Stevie G  :D

Quick Reply