Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson Becker
      23 (41.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      7 (12.7%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.6%)
      Ozan Kabak
      8 (14.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      6 (10.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (7.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (5.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Apr 23, 2021 09:52:44 pm

Leeds United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18554 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Leeds United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Apr 20, 2021 10:40:56 pm
      Because it’s like debating with a bin or my 7 year old, I mean take a step back and read what you write

You could suggest that City hit that wall last season, finishing roughly 20% down on where they have for numerous years and we took advantage of that

If you know anything about this club you know the pressure it brings, the expectation, the weight of the shirt that players and managers have spoken about for decades and every year we didn’t win the league that weight would get heavier and heavier
      Had these players and this manager fell away say after the 98 point season, a record for this club, a record in running up and a points total that would have won every league season bar one then you may have a point. But they didn’t, they came back again, they beat City and everyone else, literally they beat every single club in the league last season, they won 27 of their first 28 in fact and they won that first league title that we have all craved and that numerous managers and countless players haven’t been able to do

They did that in a league now where it’s not really a level playing field, where this City team has options no one else apart from maybe Chelsea can choose from

So having achieved all that, adding the CL, the super cup and becoming world champions yes they maybe have hit a bit of a mental brick wall
      Then take into account al of that and add in the pandemic we and they are living through, now of course everyone is living through that but when you add that to the potential mental burn out and consider that we have for example numerous Brazilians who’s country are dealing with it seemingly awfully and they haven’t been able to get home and see family, add to that the managers mother dying and he hasn’t been able to go home and greave with his family or say goodbye.. the goalkeeper the same

But no, some pr**k on the internet can say they are sh*te and not give them the credit and support they certainly should have earned from each and everyone one of us, he can say the manager is throwing games or trying to get sacked or is simply greedy when that couldn’t be further from the truth and if you believe that you simply can’t be right in the head

City have dropped off in the league in the last couple of seasons from where they were points wise and performance wise but they have the depth of quality to bridge it better than everyone else in the league

The league is down on quality, only two teams are tracking above 2ppg so that tells its own story about where every club is mentality and physically

Then you say this about Curt

He was injured last night, hard to play someone when they’re injured

He has played 30 games this season in what’s his breakout at the age of 19

But no you ignore the facts

Jürgen Klopp is the best thing in 3 decades to happen to this club and has won us the holy grail as well as other massive trophies and you can’t show him the respect he deserves and in the least the respect he has earnt, then yes and I’m sorry but you’re the worst type of fan

F**k him off, mate. He is a Tory c**t who is pure Chelsea fan like

JD. Can I be a mod please? For one day?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #392: Apr 20, 2021 10:43:29 pm
      He probably thinks your talking about Stevie G  :D

😂
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #393: Apr 20, 2021 11:56:03 pm
      You don't have to get the players to buy into them, you just play a midfielder in defence, play a tired midfield all game and take off your best attackers, job done
      ;D F***ing idiot you.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #394: Apr 21, 2021 12:14:04 am
      I've not followed this thread, but I must respect Leeds and especially Bielsa. What he's done with that level of player is almost beyond belief. They played like European giants with Championship level players. We ought to have smashed them off the park if we were anything like ourselves, but give them some credit. If nothing else for their guts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #395: Apr 21, 2021 11:12:16 am

Am I? try debating me then, should be easy, in all seriousness can you defend or understand any of the subs Klopp made on Monday?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #396: Apr 21, 2021 11:14:52 am
      I've not followed this thread, but I must respect Leeds and especially Bielsa. What he's done with that level of player is almost beyond belief. They played like European giants with Championship level players. We ought to have smashed them off the park if we were anything like ourselves, but give them some credit. If nothing else for their guts.

We would have smashed them off the park if we played our best forwards all match and if they had any understanding at all between them, honestly they constantly play like strangers, its weird. Also persisting with Milner and Gini in that second half when they were completely ineffective was baffling and I still think Klopp did it as a F**k you to the owners, he simply is not that blind and stupid to not be able to spot the issues we had second half.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #397: Apr 21, 2021 11:17:38 am
      Am I? try debating me then, should be easy, in all seriousness can you defend or understand any of the subs Klopp made on Monday?

Oh no  :f_doh: Another backlash awaits.  ;D Don't you ever give up Heimy  :lmao:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #398: Apr 21, 2021 11:26:14 am
      The signs of fatigue are all over this team

This is basically it. I think Milly said so himself. With the instability and the number of injuries this season, plus the gigantic efforts of previous 3 seasons, the team is knackered.

Of course there are occasionally managerial decisions that we question, but to suggest Klopp consistently makes selection mistakes, or gets his tactics wrong is bizarre.

Arguably, we should have been 3 up by the time they equalized, so can't blame player efforts either. To give Leeds credit, they stuck to their principals and played their attacking, open football - unlike the bus parking likes of West Brom or Shef Utd and co. They deserved their equalizer imo and respect to them.

Can't wait for this season to be over so we can regroup. A lot of fans need to chill da f*** out and get some perspective.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #399: Apr 21, 2021 09:55:20 pm
      This is basically it. I think Milly said so himself. With the instability and the number of injuries this season, plus the gigantic efforts of previous 3 seasons, the team is knackered.

Of course there are occasionally managerial decisions that we question, but to suggest Klopp consistently makes selection mistakes, or gets his tactics wrong is bizarre.

Arguably, we should have been 3 up by the time they equalized, so can't blame player efforts either. To give Leeds credit, they stuck to their principals and played their attacking, open football - unlike the bus parking likes of West Brom or Shef Utd and co. They deserved their equalizer imo and respect to them.

Can't wait for this season to be over so we can regroup. A lot of fans need to chill da f*** out and get some perspective.

Unfortunately we won't get much rest with the Euros on close season. And some wanting to take part in the Olimpics
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #400: Apr 21, 2021 10:06:09 pm
      We would have smashed them off the park if we played our best forwards all match and if they had any understanding at all between them, honestly they constantly play like strangers, its weird. Also persisting with Milner and Gini in that second half when they were completely ineffective was baffling and I still think Klopp did it as a f**k you to the owners, he simply is not that blind and stupid to not be able to spot the issues we had second half.

Nah, we stopped pressing around the sixty minute mark and that's when it all fell to pieces. Mostly tiredness, and maybe the result of some psychological pressure from the huge emerging controversy. Eg I didn't get much sleep the night it broke so the effect on players directly involved could only have been much greater.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #401: Apr 22, 2021 10:31:46 am
      Unfortunately we won't get much rest with the Euros on close season. And some wanting to take part in the Olimpics

two footballing competitions i couldn't care less about. but unfortunately you're right :/
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #402: Apr 22, 2021 07:32:23 pm
      Quote from DanMann
      That's not a backtrack. It was a clarification for your benefit  :roll:

Fair point that we did so amazingly well for most of last season, he didn't have to make genius subs. But feel free to focus on the games since the time we won the league. I certainly get the feeling his substitutions, tactics, and game plan have hindered us more than help us.

Playing Keita basically lost us the Champions League fixture.

Fair enough so.

v West Ham (h) Shaqiri comes on. 5 minutes later, we score to win the game.
      v West Ham (a) Jones comes on for Milner. Before Milner has got to the bench, Jones sets up the first goal, and we win.
      v Arsenal (a) Jota comes on. 2 minutes later, he scores, and we win there for the first time in 4.5 years.
      v Villa (h) Shaqiri comes on. Sets up the winner for Trent. Breaks the losing chain at home.
      v Real Madrid. Thiago comes on for Keita. Thiago steadies the sinking ship of the previous 40 minutes.

That's 5 recent examples of Klopp subs that make a difference. We are famous for having long memories, but you don't need a long memory to reel off those.

The subs made in this game were done to protect the lead we had. With the way the game was going, it was clearly obvious they had to be made. We have now taken 10 points from the last 4 games.

Anyone wanting the twice winner and current holder of the "Best Coach In The World" award to go, should look at what happened to Spurs. 2 years ago they were in the European Cup Final. Now they can't even attract a proper manager to manage them for the rest of the season. As part of the ESL dozen, no manager in the world now wants to go there. That's what awaits us if Jürgen leaves, Barry Lewtas trying to tell world class superstars how to do better than him. See how much you like that.

One other thing. Jürgen, the squad, and support staff had no act hand or part in any of the decisions the owners have taken about the ESL, and should not face any hostility towards them on matchdays, and it's outrageous that they were targeted inside and outside the ground. Our image as a club may be at it's lowest level since 1985, but the team bear no responsibility whatsoever for the short sighted actions of the greedy guts across the pond who have now confirmed beyond all reasonable doubt, that they don't understand this club and they really don't understand how our game works. And if they don't get it after 10 years in charge, they never will.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #403: Apr 22, 2021 07:56:03 pm
      Anyone wanting the twice winner and current holder of the "Best Coach In The World" award to go, should look at what happened to Spurs. 2 years ago they were in the European Cup Final. Now they can't even attract a proper manager to manage them for the rest of the season. As part of the ESL dozen, no manager in the world now wants to go there. That's what awaits us if Jürgen leaves

Sorry to pick out this from the post, but I disagree. I am a huge Klopp fan and agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment that those even suggesting Klopp to go needs their head checking. People need to back off and let him regroup a knackered team after 3 years of heavy metal football.

However, we're not like Tottenham, we're far bigger, with a richer history and even modern history littered with success since Houllier's treble year. We will always have the capability to attract big name managers if the owners have the ambition to do so.

But otherwise completely agree with you.

Quick Reply