Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League

Read 31517 times
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Re: Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League
      Reply #299: Apr 22, 2021 02:37:03 pm

Lots of maybe there pal - unfortunately I struggled for find time to join in any demos against the previous owners due to being on deployment in Afghanistan at the time - just life’s little issues eh

I certainly wasn’t on any forums at that time to list any prospective owners.

Again you miss the point

You asked why hadn't HTM got a list of potential buyers as he doesn't want FSG here

All I'm saying is why should he? And asking if that's the yard stick of wanting owners out for you why didn't you 18 months before we went into administration under H&G

Only fair isn't it if that's what you expect... unless you're happy with double standards when it suits you  :-\
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #300: Apr 22, 2021 02:43:08 pm
      Again you miss the point

You asked why hadn't HTM got a list of potential buyers as he doesn't want FSG here

All I'm saying is why should he? And asking if that's the yard stick of wanting owners out for you why didn't you 18 months before we went into administration under H&G

Only fair isn't it if that's what you expect... unless you're happy with double standards when it suits you  :-\

Again you miss the point - I have no idea what peole were around at that time but I’m pretty I would have had a look and discussed with someone people that could come into the club and I prob would have picked some rich oil Billionares to buy the club from the bank - but I certainly wouldn’t have dismissed it out of hand

So if I want to ask someone if they have people who they want to take over then I’ll ask away - I’m sure they are big enough to answer for themselves , if they don’t answer then they don’t - but I have no interest in going back to a time over a decade ago trying to figure out when I wanted the previous owners to go and who i had in mind to take over - I suspect it’s just someone trying to avoid the situation right now

But we have been back and forth now a number of times now and it’s boring - I’m sure others can speak for themselves, they don’t need you
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #301: Apr 22, 2021 04:47:15 pm
      I see a group of 20 Man United supporters invaded their training ground and demanded Ok
      Le come out and explain why he hadn't spoken out against the ESL.

Am interested to hear Jürgen's remarks on everything, I guess it will tomorrow at the Newcastle presser .

He spoke before and after the Leeds, I doubt he'll comment on it again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #302: Apr 22, 2021 04:48:17 pm

🤷‍♂️

A random rant based on them building the stands

One so far and let's be honest that was to get more corporate space in.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #303: Apr 22, 2021 05:02:57 pm
      Less Klopp speaks about it the better..

Any road...Perez reckons it’s still going ahead...bankrupt c**t.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #304: Apr 22, 2021 05:16:13 pm
      Less Klopp speaks about it the better..

Any road...Perez reckons it’s still going ahead...bankrupt c**t.

Perez is like a Spanish Trump. He just likes to hear himself talk. He's a loon.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #305: Apr 22, 2021 05:34:57 pm

That helps bring in the extra match day revenue . The next will be done soon
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #306: Apr 22, 2021 05:42:07 pm

Still one more than any other f**ker.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #307: Apr 22, 2021 06:20:01 pm
      Interesting reading that Jose was sacked for refusing to take players out for training on Monday in protest over Tottenham's decision regarding ESL.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #308: Apr 22, 2021 06:20:35 pm
      Still one more than any other f**ker.

Doesn't the seated Kop count then?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #309: Apr 22, 2021 06:25:46 pm
      Interesting reading that Jose was sacked for refusing to take players out for training on Monday in protest over Tottenham's decision regarding ESL.

Didn’t that turn out to be bollocks in the end
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,183 posts | 832 
      Reply #310: Apr 22, 2021 06:52:39 pm

fake news
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,965 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #311: Apr 22, 2021 06:58:55 pm

It was because the players didn't like him apparently. Can't post a link without me getting in to trouble.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #312: Apr 22, 2021 07:00:20 pm

Just what I heard earlier
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #313: Apr 22, 2021 07:01:58 pm
      Also Dan Roan reporting that the suits have a name for us fans who attend the game.

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1384062591450771465
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #314: Apr 22, 2021 07:10:05 pm
      I see a group of 20 Man United supporters invaded their training ground and demanded Ok
      Le come out and explain why he hadn't spoken out against the ESL.

https://twitter.com/WaqarT_/status/1385171069879869440

Anyone want to chip in with me and buy a load of Norwich scarves ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,965 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #315: Apr 22, 2021 07:24:31 pm

I've still got mine.  :f_whistle:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #316: Apr 22, 2021 07:39:33 pm
      Quote from DanMann
      Time to create a Laugh at Liverpool thread. We are an absolute joke. A shambles. An embarrassment. Laughing stock of the world.

What was the point in all this?

So we can all stop laughing at the biggest April Fools joke in the club's history.

You had to laugh at it, because the chance of it ever seeing the light of day was 0%. When UEFA say No, they mean No. No club(s) have the authority to create and run a league without the approval of FIFA, UEFA, or the national association. Eventually. that message was received.

But make no mistake, our shower will never understand this club or this sport. After every bit of good news, you know there is always a side effect around the corner. Fans have been treated like horse manure for the past 12 months, by governments, police forces, law enforcement, health fanatics, the FA, UEFA, and every other power freak you can think of. Now there is this, a kite so ludicrous it was never going to fly.

Say what you want about the oligarchs and the sheikhs in this league, but all they care about is winning the European Cup, they never set out, or attempted to change the structure of the game in the process, and they quit the SL as soon as they could. Our lot are baseball heads, who never invest in the club and the so called principal owner rarely bothers to show up. Make no mistake, we'll be down this road again after their next failed venture, because this won't be the end of it. They'll try and find a different way of getting this set up, such as developing the International Champions Cup further. If they can't understand how this club works after all these years, when will they?

I feel very sorry for Jürgen, the players, and club employees for having to take the hit for this and take action to correct it. It's not their fault and they should not be subject to any intimidation inside or outside stadiums. We know who is at fault, and who should take the blame.

Now, are the flags going back in the Kop for the next 2 games?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2096 
      Reply #317: Apr 22, 2021 07:49:55 pm
      Having been bit once with Hicks and Gillett and seeing the sort of vicious, politically driven, ego maniac billionaires there are out there I think we should all be very careful what we wish for when pushing for FSG to go.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #318: Apr 22, 2021 07:51:53 pm
      Having been bit once with Hicks and Gillett and seeing the sort of vicious, politically driven, ego maniac billionaires there are out there I think we should all be very careful what we wish for when pushing for FSG to go.

I genuinely don’t think many want them to go

But F**k me, I’d expect my children to learn from their mistakes quicker than these seem to do when it comes to understanding the club and fans morals and their outlooks
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,220 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #319: Apr 22, 2021 10:13:02 pm
      So the 14 think the 6 have broken 2 rules.

One is rule L9 which states no premier league club will play in any other competition other then champions league Europa league..

Clearly that rule has not been brolen so why the f**k is it on the table as a reason for sanction?

Witch hunt well and truly on
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #320: Apr 22, 2021 11:01:01 pm
      It makes you wonder how many of the 14 clubs who where not invited, would have joined this Super league given the chance ? (Maybe not all of the 14 ) it is something we will never really know, although I do not think all of them would have turned down the opportunity, including our noisy neighbours !
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2021 11:10:27 pm by David Wright »
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #321: Apr 22, 2021 11:10:00 pm
      It makes you wonder how many of the 14 clubs who where not invited, would have joined this Super league given the chance ? it is something we will never really know, although I do not think all of them would have turned down the opportunity, including our noisy neighbours !

Every single one of them would have jumped at it. But even if they chose not to CEO's are compelled by law to take decisions that financially benefit their shareholders. Yes, the world really is that sh*t.

Quick Reply