Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League

Read 30721 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League
      Reply #23: Apr 20, 2021 11:12:58 pm
      This has probably been the lousiest season for Liverpool F.C. I can remember.
      After the highs of last year it feels like being told your dad is actually your brother.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24: Apr 20, 2021 11:13:00 pm
      It's not over. At this point FSG's ownership is untenable. They need to be sent packing. Otherwise it's just a matter of time until their next hair brained idea. They won't ever be able to set foot at Anfield ever again. Just sell up now.

To who ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25: Apr 20, 2021 11:13:01 pm
      Reckon there will be another statement in the next few days and an attempt to save a bit of face

Surely they aren't that stupid. Although they obviously didn't read the room very well prior to all this so maybe they won't read it right now either. I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear this sh*t right about now though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Apr 20, 2021 11:13:04 pm

Some of the replies are funny all mentioning him trademarking the Liverbird, going after smaller independent shops for using the liverbird on their t-shirts, although a few asking him if this is the reason he left the club.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #27: Apr 20, 2021 11:13:52 pm
      It's not over. At this point FSG's ownership is untenable. They need to be sent packing. Otherwise it's just a matter of time until their next hair brained idea. They won't ever be able to set foot at Anfield ever again. Just sell up now.

Perhaps the only way to remove the stain this has left on our reputation and collective sense of dignity is to rid ourselves of the people who caused it. This has been a disaster from the get go; an obvious and avoidable one at that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #28: Apr 20, 2021 11:13:59 pm

Dunno bud...you have a spare billion or two you could loan me? I'd love to own a football club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Apr 20, 2021 11:15:19 pm
      No quotes, no apology.

FSG can f**k right off, the f**king parasitic cu*ts.

We shouldn't be too surprised really. They don't respect us as fans, never have, never will. However, take joy in the fact that chances of you ever seeing them at your stadium is NIL. That's has to leave room for optimism as fans.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #30: Apr 20, 2021 11:18:11 pm
      Spurs have relatively flown under the radar on this & have avoided heavy criticism...

Some of the replies are funny all mentioning him trademarking the Liverbird, going after smaller independent shops for using the liverbird on their t-shirts, although a few asking him if this is the reason he left the club.

I don’t think he liked the role of attack dog going after the indies & trying to trademark the Liverbird for FSG & walked away...
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #31: Apr 20, 2021 11:19:54 pm
      Right, so this is what we have to do. Don’t renew your season tickets. Don’t go to the games. Don’t buy merchandise. Cancel your lfc subscriptions.

That’s the only way they will leave. If people continue to give them money they will stay. It’s a simple, but difficult, solution and may even mean under performing on the pitch next season as well.

But let’s get rid of them.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #32: Apr 20, 2021 11:20:19 pm
      Time to create a Laugh at Liverpool thread. We are an absolute joke. A shambles. An embarrassment. Laughing stock of the world.

What was the point in all this?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #33: Apr 20, 2021 11:22:38 pm
      We shouldn't be too surprised really. They don't respect us as fans, never have, never will. However, take joy in the fact that chances of you ever seeing them at your stadium is NIL. That's has to leave room for optimism as fans.

Woah, woah... steady on. This is our club not yours you glory hunter.  :f_tongueincheek: ;D ;)
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #34: Apr 20, 2021 11:23:50 pm
      Time to create a Laugh at Liverpool thread. We are an absolute joke. A shambles. An embarrassment. Laughing stock of the world.

What was the point in all this?

Maybe to distract us from our terrible results?
      I don’t know what’s happened this last few days. It’s surreal.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #35: Apr 20, 2021 11:32:40 pm
      The joke is that they honestly believed that if they just announced that a breakaway league had already been created that it would somehow naturally take shape with everyone falling in behind, as though whatever criticisms people might have would just fall by the wayside. What a shameful episode in our history.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36: Apr 20, 2021 11:58:06 pm
      What I said this morning: "Sounds to me like some of the founding clubs are starting to waver. I don't know why some of these clubs would announce something so significant only to drop it when people start complaining, as if that isn't to be expected." I would have expected them, once they decided to announce, to ride it out, either that or not announce at all. But to announce and then cave in 24 hours just makes the organizers seem so incompetent.

I know some of you have suggested in the other thread that UEFA have come up with some kind of concession/compromise, but I'd really have to see the details before I would believe that. The only thing I can think of in this light would be something like "call it off now and we'll act like it never happened." That isn't nothing, but it's not that much when you think about it.

The stuff about retribution and punishment, is NOT going to happen. Weird season managed to get even weirder.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #37: Apr 20, 2021 11:59:00 pm
      Everton in shambles!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Apr 21, 2021 12:01:08 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Apr 21, 2021 12:04:35 am
      Arsenal has better PR apparently. Their statement:

"The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love.

We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought.

It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future.

As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League. We made a mistake, and we apologise for it.
      "
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #40: Apr 21, 2021 12:08:58 am
      Arsenal has better PR apparently. Their statement:

"The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love.

We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought.

It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future.

As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League. We made a mistake, and we apologise for it.
      "

We'll get a similar response i assume. We can add it to their ever growing list of apologies for pissing off fans.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #41: Apr 21, 2021 12:18:23 am
      Pack your millions, into your F***ing carpetbags then F**k off, you F***ing parasites (oh, and you can take your fuckwitted fan boys with you).
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #42: Apr 21, 2021 12:48:51 am
      Pack your millions, into your f**king carpetbags then f**k off, you f**king parasites (oh, and you can take your fuckwitted fan boys with you).

Never been happier to see a forum return than this fella
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #43: Apr 21, 2021 03:50:14 am

They were on the high ground grandstanding how they were yr true people’s club and we are a bunch of sellouts.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #44: Apr 21, 2021 04:52:56 am
      Amen. Thank F**k for that, now F**k off FSG.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #45: Apr 21, 2021 06:29:21 am
      F***ing ridiculous really. How did they get it so wrong?

Beginning if the end of them here.

Quick Reply