Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League

Read 31317 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Re: Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League
      Reply #46: Apr 21, 2021 08:03:55 am
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,096 posts | 83 
      Reply #47: Apr 21, 2021 08:06:39 am
      But what then? What's the alternative to FSG? No matter who takes over we know that they will be at best have a better PR than FSG.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #48: Apr 21, 2021 08:07:24 am

Wow, this is just pure embarrassment. Surely they knew it was cause such a commotion.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,096 posts | 83 
      Reply #49: Apr 21, 2021 08:10:49 am

Shallow and fake. This guy is as bad as Hicks/Gillett. FSG has to go.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #50: Apr 21, 2021 08:12:13 am
      Arsenal has better PR apparently. Their statement:

We got a videoed personal apology.

Fair enough.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #51: Apr 21, 2021 08:15:02 am

Is that an apology or a f**k you lit im not going anywhere

At least this part is done, but its not over
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #52: Apr 21, 2021 08:19:18 am
      He cuts a real snivelling pathetic excuse for a man there. 

I still can't quite believe all these clubs didn't see this coming.

How out of touch are these people at all? Ridiculous stuff.

Baffling stuff all around, including how quickly the whole thing blew apart. Took about 48 hours id say but in reality it was dead after 48 minutes.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,096 posts | 83 
      Reply #53: Apr 21, 2021 08:24:11 am
      Is that an apology or a f**k you lit im not going anywhere

This. This guy is super smeary. Remember when they wanted to lay off people because of COVID and then backed off when the heat came? Same here. These guys are wolves and will pursue their dark goals over and over again. We need to stop them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #54: Apr 21, 2021 08:27:49 am
      Make a bad decision that fans won't like.

Apologise.

Make a bad decision that fans won't like.

Apologise.

Rinse and repeat.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #55: Apr 21, 2021 08:41:57 am
      Jonh Henry = snivilling b***ard
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #56: Apr 21, 2021 08:45:57 am
      Can't even be arsed watching that gobs***e coming out with more apologetic platitudes.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #57: Apr 21, 2021 08:53:39 am
      The only way I accept apology is buy us Mbappe and Haaland.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      Reply #58: Apr 21, 2021 09:00:09 am
      I salute every one of our supporters who stood against this.

I extend that to the supporters of the other clubs including our biggest rivals.

The game is nothing without us and never let em forget it
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #59: Apr 21, 2021 09:07:04 am
      If you didn’t know better you’d have to question simply how smart that bloke is

How many times has he done this now?
      Mistake
      Sorry
      Mistake
      Sorry
      Mistake
      Sorry

If anything though it shows how the world has moved on in the last decade, I mean his first apology was a letter, now it’s video... few more mistakes and we will all get a personal hologram in our living rooms of him

:tosser:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6926 
      Reply #60: Apr 21, 2021 09:07:40 am
      People who own the biggest football clubs are mad.  Why would anybody with money get involved in a business where you have next to no power over your best employees, pretty much no say where you do your business and if you try to make money for that business your loyal customers want you out?

Not only that but if your business does really well then all your competitor businesses get more money?

And before you say it's not a business it's a football club then you want to look at all the people who require their wages paying at the end of the month.  Club valuations have reached the levels of massive pension funds here - they are big big businesses and yet they are can only plan investment on the basis of the next 9 months.

Two things are going to have to happen going forward.  Either more certainty has to come into club finances or there's going to have to be a huge crash in the market overall.

Football's problems were not solved yesterday and I expect them to get worse from this point onwards.  Let's hope we're not waiting too long to get back into top European competition.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #61: Apr 21, 2021 09:09:13 am
      Can't even be arsed watching that gobs***e coming out with more apologetic platitudes.

There is more chance of me watching 1 second of 'Being Liverpool' than watching that snivelling c**t hand out fake apologies! This c**t is destroying our Club, he has got to go. There is no way back from this, no way back at all.

Now F**k off Henry!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #62: Apr 21, 2021 09:11:24 am
      Grovelling c**t him...

See right through him...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #63: Apr 21, 2021 09:12:33 am
      The only way I accept apology is buy us Mbappe and Haaland.

And there is the crux of the issue - people jusr want to see money being spent , F**k all morals anymore
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #64: Apr 21, 2021 09:18:29 am

And there is the crux of the issue - people jusr want to see money being spent , F**k all morals anymore

Some people do.

At this point I literally couldn't care less about the next transfer window.

Finding it hard even to get worked up about the game at the weekend.

They've fu**ed up yet again and misread the fans, apparent smart business men like them surely should have learned by now, but it will happen again when they try and go for an idea that benefits them and not us.

I'm very middle ground with FSG, always have been, and will criticise the hell out of them when they get wrong but also recognise the positives they have brought under their ownership.

The issue is many, if not all, of the people rich enough to buy us will be just as bad if not worse and I really don't see where we go from here to solve that.

Football as I know it has gone, and probably has for quite some time, and my dwindling interest will only continue I fear. I love watching the lads and the boss but at this moment it all just feels a bit of a chore.
      blacknamberred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #65: Apr 21, 2021 09:18:37 am
      If anyone accepts this apology they're gullible and naive.  He was bullsh*ting us in that video.  He is seething inside just thinking of those billions of pounds he could have had. 

"The project put forward was never going to stand without the support of the fans".  What a load of sh*te . . . if he cared about our opinion on this project then why didn't he consult with us before signing that letter of intent???

F*ck off FSG. 
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2021 08:36:58 pm by blacknamberred »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #66: Apr 21, 2021 09:20:01 am
      Some people do.

They've fu**ed up yet again and misread the fans, apparent smart business men like them surely should have learned by now, but it will happen again when they try and go for an idea that benefits them and not us.

I'm very middle ground with FSG, always have been, and will criticise the hell out of them when they get wrong but also recognise the positives they have brought under their ownership.

The issue is many, if not all, of the people rich enough to buy us will be just as bad if not worse and I really don't see where we go from here to solve that.

Football as I know it has gone, and probably has for quite some time, and my dwindling interest will only continue I fear. I love watching the lads and the boss but at this moment it all just feels a bit of a chore.

I am smack bang right next to you

Owners have fu**ed up but then a lot of good has been done by them to help us get to where we are now
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      Reply #67: Apr 21, 2021 09:28:30 am
      Some people do.

My initial thought mirrored this.

But why do we stop doing what we have done, in my case nearly 40 years, in supporting our team. And what we get back from that?

We cant let greed stop us from doing what we love. Being honest had this gone through I dont think i could have watched us and that would kill me. It hasnt gone through so lets focus fully on other innocent people in all this the team and the manager.

F**k letting american billionaires stop you enjoying what you love. Roll on Newcastle on Saturday
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #68: Apr 21, 2021 09:34:03 am
      My initial thought mirrored this.

But why do we stop doing what we have done, in my case nearly 40 years, in supporting our team. And what we get back from that?

We cant let greed stop us from doing what we love. Being honest had this gone through I dont think i could have watched us and that would kill me. It hasnt gone through so lets focus fully on other innocent people in all this the team and the manager.

F**k letting american billionaires stop you enjoying what you love. Roll on Newcastle on Saturday

Depends on what the greed is for

Was the greed for money so they can pocket it or so that they can invest more into the club and the team

The owners have only ever taken a wage out of the club and that’s

Money earned is money spent - so yes greed for wanting more money but was that more money so that the club could continue to challenge amongst the imbalance of oil money to look to get players like Haaland etc

Quick Reply