Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League

Read 30714 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool withdraw from proposed European Super League
      Reply #345: Apr 23, 2021 10:39:50 pm
      He spoke before and after the Leeds, I doubt he'll comment on it again.

I thought this was the most interesting bit of his lengthy comments on the subject today:

"Now one thing happened where everybody was obviously involved and everybody was on the same page: that should not happen. Now we think that would have been the worst thing – it didn’t happen, so it’s not the worst thing. All the other things still happen, that’s much worse. They still happen. Nobody cuts off games, they just continue – more games, more games."
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #346: Apr 23, 2021 11:00:54 pm
      You can have Glazers, we don't need Kroenke as I've already been in touch with Jeff Bezos & Mark Zuckerberg, apparently they want United so can see a bidding war coming.  :f_whistle:

So you’ll have loads of money but no free speech. Your match programmes will be like Hitler Youth.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #347: Apr 24, 2021 07:12:59 am
      So you’ll have loads of money but no free speech.

We don't have free speech with the current six so that won't make a difference anyway.  :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #348: Apr 24, 2021 09:14:02 am
      We will have the glaziers. You can have Kroenke. Arsenal can have mike Ashley.

F**k me, I’d rather we have wee Jimmy Krankie than Kroenke, probably spend as much as well  :lmao:

Y  N  W  A
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #349: Apr 24, 2021 09:23:56 am
      Having been bit once with Hicks and Gillett and seeing the sort of vicious, politically driven, ego maniac billionaires there are out there I think we should all be very careful what we wish for when pushing for FSG to go.

I agree really. Despots, Oil barrons or Arab states will probably be no different and probably make the same decisions with even more questionable motives.

But on the other hand they have made it really difficult for themselves the past week. I think they were along with the Glazers a real driving force in this project.

The anger of last week has subsided a little and now we will begin to see where the land lies with Febways future at the club. There's every chance they themselves may now wish to sell.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #350: Apr 24, 2021 09:33:08 am
      I agree really. Despots, Oil barrons or Arab states will probably be no different and probably make the same decisions with even more questionable motives.

But on the other hand they have made it really difficult for themselves the past week. I think they were along with the Glazers a real driving force in this project.

The anger of last week has subsided a little and now we will begin to see where the land lies with Febways future at the club. There's every chance they themselves may now wish to sell.

The driving force was clearly Perez , Laporte and the Juve lot
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #351: Apr 24, 2021 09:43:33 am

And United with them having a vice chairman of the Super League. I'd imagine Liverpool were highly involved too.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #352: Apr 24, 2021 10:05:48 am

Sorry to be clear i mean within the context of the English clubs.

Pretty clear Perez and the clubs still to officially pull out were the real driving forces but within this country United and Liverpool got on board and now City and Chelsea are saying they had to get involved.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #353: Apr 24, 2021 10:11:24 am
      And United with them having a vice chairman of the Super League. I'd imagine Liverpool were highly involved too.

They are all culpable-Chelsea and City trying to act they they were “compelled” to join in - all bollocks to try and save face
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #354: Apr 24, 2021 10:31:22 am
      The UK Premiere League is acknowledged to be the best in Europe, very likely the world.

In that context is it any wonder that other nations with inferior footy set ups would not be too concerned in scrapping their domestic tables?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #355: Apr 24, 2021 10:47:38 am
      I'll take the stick from most clubs (although if I were them I'd be careful what they wish for given how much pull the big six really do have money wise) but from West Ham? The club that wanted to null and void the league last season to save themselves?

Nah Karen Brady can F**k right off.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #356: Apr 24, 2021 11:27:39 am
      One greedy b***ard is as bad as the next greedy b***ard, whether our greedy bas**rds were the instigator’s or not is a irrelevance, Perez, Laporte, the shaky Sheiks, Abramobitch, wee Jimmy Kroenke or the lecherous Levy, they’re all one and the same to me, when you are already awash with millions you will have no interest except wanting even more millions,

The disturbing think about this whole charade is the clandestine way they went about it, they as a whole obviously concocted the whole affair within their Zoom meetings including keeping everything between themselves, even to the point where their own managers were kept out of their skullduggery,

In reality they were willing to betray their own staff, from managers to their players and worst of all those who go through the turnstiles every week and of course the season ticket holders, Carra got it spot on in regards to our greedy bas**rds, Henry, FSG dragged our club through the sh*t and were willing to sacrifice all of our history from even before Shankly’s foundations, 129 years of pain, joy, hurt, success and the sacrifice of 96 lost souls in 1989, all for more of their ill gotten gains,

Whatever way you look at it, no matter how many apologies are given, no matter the time they will remain our custodians, their actions are simply unforgivable, we as fans and supporters can never trust what they say or do, not that we did in the first instance, but whatever trust was there is gone and probably unrepairable, like a cheating wife or husband the trust built between them will never be the same again, and in truth never really get it back, there will always be that doubt.

Our captain is correct, FSG have done us a lot of good, none of us can deny that really, maybe they might do some more, they will need to of course, in time our ire will lessen and feelings towards Henry and co will wane, and unless they themselves find willing suitors, we are stuck with them, it could be a lot worse, we could have the Glaziers, or the Kroenke lot, so when all things said and done we are not in too bad a shape.

Of course come the summer, we will see how much it means to them when JĂźrgen hands over his shopping list, Covid or not, they made it abundantly obvious that they do have money that could be utilised for transfers, if they were willing to invest in a self centred league then surely they can invest some of their millions for our own interests, but don’t  hold your breath !

Y  N  W  A

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #357: Apr 24, 2021 12:04:09 pm
      Punishment should be having to play behind closed doors for the rest of the season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #358: Apr 24, 2021 12:19:36 pm
      Punishment should be having to play behind closed doors for the rest of the season.

We loose out & the team suffers... I think some type of sanction or heavy fine on the owners should be sufficient..& take up an “don’t sh*t on your supporters” awareness course..money grabbing cu*ts..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #359: Apr 24, 2021 12:23:25 pm
      We loose out & the team suffers... I think some type of sanction or heavy fine on the owners should be sufficient..& take up an “don’t sh*t on your supporters” awareness course..money grabbing cu*ts..

You miss the sarcasm, we are playing behind closed doors now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #360: Apr 24, 2021 12:31:58 pm

Null and Void the league 👍
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #361: Apr 24, 2021 12:32:26 pm

Wooooooosssshhh
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #362: Apr 24, 2021 12:46:04 pm
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #363: Apr 24, 2021 12:53:35 pm

No no, they won't even consider that as we aren't top.... Believe me only Sky and BT stopped last season being voided every other f**ker wanted to ruin our 30yr wait, jealous opposition fans I get but ex players and pundits were a disgrace calling for it voided, anyway I'll leave that now its gone 😠
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #364: Apr 24, 2021 12:54:41 pm

🤷‍♂️ Are you that unaware of the sarcasm from Redpuppy
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #365: Apr 24, 2021 05:34:05 pm
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #366: Apr 24, 2021 05:59:39 pm

JĂźrgen, as ever is the sane voice in all of this! Unless people, and Clubs calm down, things are likely to get out of hand and that helps nobody, not the 6 nor the 14 who are milking it for all their worth! Moral high ground, I think not!
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #367: Apr 24, 2021 06:59:50 pm
      Lost all respect for Gary Lineker after he criticised Jürgen for saying it needs to calm down! This Country is a bit of a powder keg due to the lockdown, some people are prepared to go completely over the top because they’ve been locked down, we need calm, we need people like Jürgen to appeal for calm. What we do not need are people like Lineker stoking things up, and when it all goes ballistic, saying it was nothing to do with them! Grow up Lineker, people for some reason look up to you, you need to act responsibly, not stoke things up!

Quick Reply