Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson Becker
      5 (7.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Ozan Kabak
      10 (15.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (9.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      33 (52.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (7.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2021 02:25:58 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16495 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Apr 24, 2021 04:41:11 pm
      Sorry guys meant to post how the F**k dose Mane get a game
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Newcastle
      Reply #461: Apr 24, 2021 04:43:35 pm
      Championship player ? Robbo was wasn't he ?Nothing to do with it plenty of good players have come from there  the fact is he was bought as he was near end of his contact to be sold in the summer .

To Celtic. In Scotland.

Robbo played two seasons in the Premier League with Hull City, sandwiching one in the Championship.

You're right that a good player could come from there, but if that is the highest level Davies has played at before now, it does have "something to do with it." Anyway, Jürgen doesn't seem to rate him. I trust the manager.

The issue today certainly wasn't an inability to create chances. I just watched the highlights and realize how right you and others on here are about the missed opportunities. Discouraging.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #462: Apr 24, 2021 04:47:44 pm
      To Celtic. In Scotland.

Robbo played two seasons in the Premier League with Hull City, sandwiching one in the Championship.

You're right that a good player could come from there, but if that is the highest level Davies has played at before now, it does have "something to do with it." Anyway, Jürgen doesn't seem to rate him. I trust the manager.

The issue today certainly wasn't an inability to create chances. I just watched the highlights and realize how right you and others on here are about the missed opportunities. Discouraging.

But if he doesn't rate him why buy him ? I said when he signed it was a very profit related signing and so it is so it is something to do with it I am afriad the fact he probably never wanted him it's not the fact he has come from the Championship
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #463: Apr 24, 2021 04:53:56 pm
      To Celtic. In Scotland.

There's a young lad called Jamie Vardy - used to play in the Conference, and look what happened to him!

Anyway, we've never ever seen Ben Davies - he's never been given a chance, a bit like Tsmikas.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #464: Apr 24, 2021 04:56:35 pm
      But if he doesn't rate him why buy him ? I said when he signed it was a very profit related signing and so it is so it is something to do with it I am afriad the fact he probably never wanted him it's not the fact he has come from the Championship

My best guess is that it was pure emergency given our situation with defenders being injured at the time. I suppose the best thing you can say about it is that it gives us an additional defender as cover on match days, but no doubt it will go down as one of the more unusual purchases, whether or not it was profit-driven (unless Jürgen sees him as this great long-term project and come August, Davies will be flourishing in our side).

I don't want to fight with you man, I've had enough fighting about issues in and outside of Liverpool for a lifetime. I just don't see us buying a player who has never played at a level higher than the Championship as typical at all these days. Of course you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine, I just do think that having been his highest level is a factor in evaluating him.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #465: Apr 24, 2021 04:56:41 pm
      Frustrating.

Didn't understand why we didn't kill the clock? Klopp had one more sub to use, - should have broken up Newcastles momentum.

I can see us winning the last four (hopefully we can avoid defeat at the scum also) wonder if that'll be enough to see us in the top four. Gonna be a close one.

Annoying though considering we have thrown four points away this week :(

No more Mane or Bobby for the remainder of the season please Jürgen. Like playing with nine men at the moment- both are absolutely useless right now.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #466: Apr 24, 2021 04:57:48 pm
      There's a young lad called Jamie Vardy - used to play in the Conference, and look what happened to him!

Anyway, we've never ever seen Ben Davies - he's never been given a chance, a bit like Tsmikas.

I'm guessing there are reasons for that
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #467: Apr 24, 2021 04:58:35 pm

Vardy signed for Leicester when they were in the Championship.

Premier League clubs weren't in for him at the time, just like they weren't in for Davies in January.

He's given a chance in training every day.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #468: Apr 24, 2021 04:58:37 pm
      Reading between the lines, I'd say that Klopp's hands were tied in the last transfer window.  FSG already knew the Super League was going to happen and they weren't going to spend £20/30M on a half decent CB to replace VVD/Gomez.  Instead he had to shop at Poundland. 
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #469: Apr 24, 2021 05:07:34 pm
      To put it into perspective our GD was 19, I think, at the start of the year. We have become bang average.

Bang average,i think you are being to kind,we have been a lot worse than that.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #470: Apr 24, 2021 05:11:13 pm
      How the f**k dose Mo get a game, he's shocking got to rest him and sort his head out

Are you serious?without Mo we would be in the lower half of the table.Did you see how hard he worked,tracking back,putting his body in the way,his finishing hasn't been prolific but his figures are still really good,second top scorer in the PL.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      Reply #471: Apr 24, 2021 05:12:09 pm
      Are you serious?without Mo we would be in the lower half of the table.Did you see how hard he worked,tracking back,putting his body in the way,his finishing hasn't been prolific but his figures are still really good,second top scorer in the PL.

Have posted Mo by mistake meant Mane
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #472: Apr 24, 2021 05:14:52 pm
      Vardy signed for Leicester when they were in the Championship.

Premier League clubs weren't in for him at the time, just like they weren't in for Davies in January.

He's given a chance in training every day.
      I guess, but Tsimikas was brought in as cover for Robbo and he's hardly played a minute... correct me if I'm wrong, but Robbo's played every game and looks knackered - he still gives it 100% (and I think Mané's lack of form is affecting him) but Tsimikas is on a 5 year contract FFS! 

There are plenty of good Championship players (there are two or three at Norwich, for example, like Cantwell) who perform really well in the PL, and there's no reason to suppose Davies can't perform - given the chance.  I don't want Klopp to go, but he does seem to stick with the tried and tested (and knackered) players.  Phillips and the Williams never really ever got game time until the CB crisis happened, when they were thrown in at the deep end.  In that sense, I guess, Kabak has done pretty well, to give him his due.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #473: Apr 24, 2021 05:40:12 pm
      Slightly embarrassed to say I actually forgot this game was on today until just now when I got out of work.

Same old pattern was it folks?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #474: Apr 24, 2021 05:43:12 pm
      Slightly embarrassed to say I actually forgot this game was on today until just now when I got out of work.

Same old pattern was it folks?

Yes mate, plenty of chances to finish the game off but same old same old.
      Be really glad when this season is over.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #475: Apr 24, 2021 05:45:16 pm
      Monumental collapse. Please Klopp turn it around
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      Reply #476: Apr 24, 2021 05:46:10 pm
      Soon please
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #477: Apr 24, 2021 05:48:38 pm

So much nicer debating with intelligent people.
      I will always have enormous affection for Jürgen same as I do Rafa, Houllier and to a lesser extent Brendan and Evans but something is seriously wrong with this team now to the extent I think only a change of manager will fix it. Its happened to better managers than Jürgen, sometimes you just run out of steam at a club and the players lose faith in your vision and style.

You really should be supporting Chelsea they sound like your style of club.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #478: Apr 24, 2021 05:50:45 pm
      sh*te.

Mane and bobby past their best. Back four all over the place and we can’t defend.

Bizarre subs from the boss. Jota left his shooting boots at home but at least he was making things happen. Thiago head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch and got hooked? Very strange.

That’s us out of top four now. Think we’ll have to sell salah to have any sort of squad shuffle.

Piss poor from us that.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #479: Apr 24, 2021 05:54:17 pm
      You really should be supporting Chelsea they sound like your style of club.

He’s not a red. He takes the piss saying he won a carlsberg competition for his reason for supporting us.

He spends his whole life winding reds up on a forum. And all the wums who sign up and appear whenever we lose a big game, it’s always this clown who likes their posts and replies to them saying great post and sh*t like that too.

He’s a blue or a Manc and I can’t believe he hasn’t been fu**ed off yet.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #480: Apr 24, 2021 06:02:00 pm
      For me it looks more and more that Klopp is finished here. His system is inefficient: heavy input, meh output. I don't blame our strikers, we play so random in the box that our goals become random and that cries for a dry spell. We don't shoot from the box, we don't have one to convert crosses, we just play tiki-taka for months now and all our opponent has to do is stack the box. Klopp had enough time to find a new trick, but he seems to play his system no matter what.

I am really curious to see Klopp and LFC next season without the injury-excuse. Very good possible that we will be our old self, but my theory is we won't because our issues are deeper. Still that does not mean I'd fire Klopp, let him run out his contract and maybe he can figure something out, he has earned it.

You must be having a fvking laugh u plum
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #481: Apr 24, 2021 06:08:22 pm
      Sh*te.

Mane and bobby past their best. Back four all over the place and we can’t defend.

Bizarre subs from the boss. Jota left his shooting boots at home but at least he was making things happen. Thiago head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch and got hooked? Very strange.

That’s us out of top four now. Think we’ll have to sell salah to have any sort of squad shuffle.

Piss poor from us that.

Agreed we need a big squad overhaul in the Summer.

VVD and Joe back will be huge for us next season but we're still carrying too many passengers.

Ox, Keita, Origi, Shaqiri need to be sold. Gini, Milly, and Adrian will likely be leaving. I'd say Tsimikas and possible Matip will leave too.

I would also consider selling one of Mane or Bobby if we replace with a top class attacking player.

So that's 9 or 10 players potentially departing.

Big Summer ahead and if Jürgen isn't backed by those yank suits something will have to give.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #482: Apr 24, 2021 06:08:55 pm
      Didn’t get to watch but looks like I missed put on nothing, need this game now playing to stay a draw for any chance, although I’d say we don’t deserve it now.

Quick Reply