Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson Becker
      5 (7.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Ozan Kabak
      10 (15.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (9.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      33 (52.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (7.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2021 02:25:58 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16053 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Apr 24, 2021 06:21:15 pm
      Agreed we need a big squad overhaul in the Summer.

VVD and Joe back will be huge for us next season but we're still carrying too many passengers.

Ox, Keita, Origi, Shaqiri need to be sold. Gini, Milly, and Adrian will likely be leaving. I'd say Tsimikas and possible Matip will leave too.

I would also consider selling one of Mane or Bobby if we replace with a top class attacking player.

So that's 9 or 10 players potentially departing.

Big Summer ahead and if Jürgen isn't backed by those yank suits something will have to give.

It’s not going to be a big overhaul in the summer and certainly not a big spending spree

Not many clubs have that level of ins and out in a summer  - there will prob but a number going out with end on contracts and the guys on loan leaving plus maybe Origi and Shaqiri but can only see 3 coming in plus Kabak - a CB , a replacement for Gini and someone to replace Origi
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #484: Apr 24, 2021 06:25:45 pm

It’s not going to be a big overhaul in the summer and certainly not a big spending spree

Not many clubs have that level of ins and out in a summer  - there will prob but a number going out with end on contracts and the guys on loan leaving plus maybe Origi and Shaqiri but can only see 3 coming in plus Kabak - a CB , a replacement for Gini and someone to replace Origi

I'd be happy with 3 top players plus Kabak coming in. We need better players to rotate with. Ox, Keita and Origi can't be relied on to anything that will help the team.

The most important thing we need is a player who can put away chances confidently.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #485: Apr 24, 2021 06:26:56 pm
      Why take Thiago off? He ran the game. Game needed to be played at his pace.

Mane is a nightmare man. He may be one of the worst players in the prem atm.

Klopp been as poor anyone this season. His in game management been below par.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2021 06:48:24 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #486: Apr 24, 2021 06:27:28 pm
      I'd be happy with 3 top players plus Kabak coming in. We need better players to rotate with. Ox, Keita and Origi can't be relied on to anything that will help the team.

The most important thing we need is a player who can put away chances confidently.

Ox needs a good pre season , since returning from injury he just hasn’t had the chance to get back to form or the pace of the game. I don’t see Klopp giving up on him yet
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #487: Apr 24, 2021 06:48:35 pm
      This is worthy of a ban for the poor quality WUMery. Everyone already knows you're a tw*t, but a 99% tw*t post ratio is pretty impressive.

Why is it wumery to state an opinion, why not tell me how well Klopp is doing recently, debate me or are you too scared?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #488: Apr 24, 2021 06:51:16 pm
      Why is it wumery to state an opinion, why not tell me how well Klopp is doing recently, debate me or are you too scared?

Just because it isn’t going well at the moment doesn’t mean the automatic answer is to replace the manager ffs - that’s the sh*t that Chelsea do not us.

Kenny won the double - next season didnt win anything - you would prob be demanding he was sacked
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #489: Apr 24, 2021 06:54:21 pm
      You really should be supporting Chelsea they sound like your style of club.

Grow up boy, then come back for a sensible debate on Klopp's brilliance this season.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #490: Apr 24, 2021 06:54:35 pm
      Thiago starting to play his best football and gets subbed

Bobby hasn’t done anything for months and gets picked

Fabinho in centre half - any evidence this has ever led to us winning a game

Gini winaldum - can anyone remember the last positive impact on any game

Jürgen please get back to being great
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #491: Apr 24, 2021 06:55:11 pm
      It was very strange the boss taking off the one midfielder who was making things happen, Thiago, rather than the sideways passing, Gini, who as far as I'm concerned shouldn't wear the Liverpool shirt again. He is obviously on his way, to Barca, but why the Hell, Koeman wants him, God knows.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #492: Apr 24, 2021 06:57:42 pm
      He’s not a red. He takes the piss saying he won a carlsberg competition for his reason for supporting us.

He spends his whole life winding reds up on a forum. And all the wums who sign up and appear whenever we lose a big game, it’s always this clown who likes their posts and replies to them saying great post and sh*t like that too.

He’s a blue or a Manc and I can’t believe he hasn’t been fu**ed off yet.

Oh scary, someone with a different opinion, let's cancel him, too scary to debate him, especially if you are a bit dim.

BTW I didn't win a competition, I was invited by the club, how jealous are you, add it to the other chips on your shoulder! ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #493: Apr 24, 2021 07:01:16 pm
      Just because it isn’t going well at the moment doesn’t mean the automatic answer is to replace the manager ffs - that’s the sh*t that Chelsea do not us.

Kenny won the double - next season didnt win anything - you would prob be demanding he was sacked

I agree, but in my honest opinion Klopp is the problem at the moment, I'm not saying that as a wind up, I love the guy for the success he brought us, but he's lost his way, crap lineups, tactics and subs and I can't see him turning it around.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #494: Apr 24, 2021 07:02:31 pm
      Thiago starting to play his best football and gets subbed

Bobby hasn’t done anything for months and gets picked

Fabinho in centre half - any evidence this has ever led to us winning a game

Gini winaldum - can anyone remember the last positive impact on any game

Jürgen please get back to being great

And this is my concern, everyone can see this plus suicidal high line except Jürgen Klopp.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #495: Apr 24, 2021 07:03:03 pm
      Klopp being sacked is just plain silly. However, he's not free from scrutiny this season either. Injuries happen. This season it's us. Last season it was a few teams. Hopefully next season it's someone else ;D. And yet the show goes on. Klopps in game management this season isn't up to the standards of the past few seasons. Some will say it's down to lack of players, but to me I clear he's missing the mark on having a pulse for the game. Why in the world would you take Thiago off today? He was arguably the best player out there, and certainly the only one capable of dictating the game from the MF.

Klopps also stuck by core guys far too long. Mane is just plain dreadful, and yet his names on the team sheet every week. I get you have to let guys play through funk, but he genuinely makes us worse atm. Gini is another one. Hopefully we have our full arsenal next season, plus one or two more and we re group, but without CL that's easier said than done.

Klopp also hasn't handled the media well at all, and I definitely think that's caused a distraction to the team this season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #496: Apr 24, 2021 07:20:31 pm
      Klopp been as poor anyone this season. His in game management been below par.

Someone made the point earlier that he should have managed better the end of the game and used his 3rd sub. He spent a lot of time earlier in the year complaining about not having 5 subs and yet today he didn’t even use 3 when that last one could have burned out the last few seconds of the game.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Newcastle
      Reply #497: Apr 24, 2021 07:25:57 pm
      I guess, but Tsimikas was brought in as cover for Robbo and he's hardly played a minute... correct me if I'm wrong, but Robbo's played every game and looks knackered - he still gives it 100% (and I think Mané's lack of form is affecting him) but Tsimikas is on a 5 year contract FFS! 

There are plenty of good Championship players (there are two or three at Norwich, for example, like Cantwell) who perform really well in the PL, and there's no reason to suppose Davies can't perform - given the chance.  I don't want Klopp to go, but he does seem to stick with the tried and tested (and knackered) players.  Phillips and the Williams never really ever got game time until the CB crisis happened, when they were thrown in at the deep end.  In that sense, I guess, Kabak has done pretty well, to give him his due.

When I've coached club and school teams over here I would have a meeting with parents before the season to tell them if they ever wanted to ask me why their kid wasn't playing the answer would always be the same: Because I select the players I think give our team the best chance of winning that day - so don't ask. If it is some other issue than I would let them know.

It's not much different on here. Some of us want to see this player, some of us want another. That is all fine, but in the end I'm sure that is what is driving Jürgen's selections - who he thinks give the team the best chance to win.

Kabak being selected means Jürgen rates him above the other center backs available - that's it. I have my doubts as to whether he will decide he's good enough for us long term, but we'll see. Robbo being selected means Jürgen rates him above a fresher Tsimikas. If Jürgen starts rotating his defenders than some on here will start complaining about the lack of consistency in team selection.  The fact is none of us have any idea how good Davies would be. But again, him not being selected and Fab being selected for the back line is not why we didn't win today.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #498: Apr 24, 2021 07:26:51 pm

Scared? no! You clearly aren't a liverpool fan if you think Klopp needs replacing. Of course you could just be one of the sky generation that wants people gone at the FIRST sign of trouble.
      Maybe it's just the way you are, always on the wrong side of everything.
      People like you we're critical of klopp playing Hendo ,Miller and Gini in midfield the year we won win No 6 and missed out on the league title by millimetres.
      You've no idea what it takes to be a successful manager,  I can guarantee its not from taking advice from fickle "fans".
      If we had our full squad we wouldn't be having this conversation and you know this.  Today we should've won 5-0, its not Klopp's fault we didn't.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #499: Apr 24, 2021 07:36:11 pm
      Didn't see the game. Was it the usual play ok for about an hour, miss chances to put it to bed and then run out of gas in the last half hour?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #500: Apr 24, 2021 07:36:55 pm
      Sounded as if we blew our chances to put this game out of Newcastle's reach, especially in the first half. I will be glad when this woeful season comes to an end. Hopefully next season things will be different with a fully fit squad, for Jürgen Klopp to choose from, with Jordan Henderson fit to lead the side !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #501: Apr 24, 2021 07:41:29 pm
      we just have to suck it up it all gone wrong since the Derby. Next season I hope we are in the Europa and play the kids concentrate on domestic trophies for a change and I expect the boys to be ravenous for success.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #502: Apr 24, 2021 07:50:34 pm
      I agree, but in my honest opinion Klopp is the problem at the moment, I'm not saying that as a wind up, I love the guy for the success he brought us, but he's lost his way, crap lineups, tactics and subs and I can't see him turning it around.

As i said - you think like chelsea do , when the team struggles you immediate response is to sack the manager , you were like it when Rafa was in charge

So who is the manager you want to take over then ?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #503: Apr 24, 2021 07:57:25 pm
      Oh scary, someone with a different opinion, let's cancel him, too scary to debate him, especially if you are a bit dim.

BTW I didn't win a competition, I was invited by the club, how jealous are you, add it to the other chips on your shoulder! ;D

Another part of your wummery is to insult the intelligence of reds too. How many times a day do you call posters on here ‘dim’ ?

Jealous of you? You’re on another teams forum winding people up as a hobby.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #504: Apr 24, 2021 07:57:37 pm
      Didn't see the game. Was it the usual play ok for about an hour, miss chances to put it to bed and then run out of gas in the last half hour?

We dominated for 90 mins, had a sh*t load of good chances, some of them well saved, some of them narrowly wide and some of them went through poor decision making.  We played a high line, and were almost caught a couple of times. They sucker punched us at the end.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #505: Apr 24, 2021 08:14:07 pm
      Can we attract quality players next season without CL Football?

Quick Reply