Trending Topics

Next match: MUFC v LFC [Premier League] Thu 13th May @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League

Read 8487 times
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,201 posts | 402 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Pre match: man u v Liverpool - Prem league - Sunday May 2nd. KO 16:30
      Reply #25: Apr 29, 2021 09:33:22 pm
      How the f**k do United get soft penalties
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #26: Apr 29, 2021 09:35:19 pm
      2-1 Roma so far playing at OT. Even if United hasn't had their mandatory penalty yet, Roma having scored 2 goals is a positive going into the 2nd leg.

Good call on the penalty  ;D
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,587 posts | 144 
      Reply #27: Apr 29, 2021 09:39:50 pm

It's a f**king joke, I vaguely remember ratboy doing a pirouette and landing on someone and winning one, yet apparently in recent weeks tackles are a red ! If your face fits
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #28: Apr 29, 2021 09:44:11 pm

Hang on a min.  :roll: What about their soft penalty?
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,587 posts | 144 
      Reply #29: Apr 29, 2021 09:46:25 pm
      Hang on a min.  :roll: What about their soft penalty?

Yep, let's start a soft peno of the match vote
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #30: Apr 29, 2021 09:48:06 pm
      Yep, let's start a soft peno of the match vote

Can I bet on who will win.  :D
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 25,598 posts | 1475 
      Reply #31: Apr 29, 2021 09:50:52 pm
      Probably the least arsed I've been for a game against United in a long time. Doesn't help that we don't win at OT when we're in good form so f**k knows what will happen on Sunday.

Just counting down the days for the season to end to be honest!
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,587 posts | 144 
      Reply #32: Apr 29, 2021 09:51:54 pm

Not worth betting on the odds are really poor
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33: Apr 29, 2021 09:53:14 pm
      Not worth betting on the odds are really poor

I'll still take them coz I'm on a winner.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,010 posts | 151 
      Reply #34: Apr 29, 2021 09:56:38 pm
      Dreading this game . Not won there under Klopp and our shooting has been terrible whilst they have no problem scoring. Best we can afford is a draw, but cannot see it.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts | 121 
      Reply #35: Apr 29, 2021 10:05:44 pm
      Really not fussed. The season is over as far as I’m concerned.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,587 posts | 144 
      Reply #36: Apr 29, 2021 10:07:24 pm
      Dreading this game . Not won there under Klopp and our shooting has been terrible whilst they have no problem scoring. Best we can afford is a draw, but cannot see it.

I'm looking forward to the game, football has a way of being random, and we're due a massive slice of luck & the forwards may actually put the right boots on
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,168 posts | 5460 
      Re: Pre match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League - Sunday May 2nd. KO 16:30
      Reply #37: Apr 29, 2021 10:41:49 pm
      United in better form and currently know where the net is.

Expecting a ballbag of a game.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,463 posts | 2169 
      Reply #38: Apr 29, 2021 11:12:30 pm
      United in better form and currently know where the net is.

Expecting a ballbag of a game.

Yep, especially if Fabinho is in defence
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | 23 
      Reply #39: Apr 29, 2021 11:15:00 pm

I don't mind not winning as long as we actually give it a go.

There's nothing more annoying than hearing the words "a point at Old Trafford is a good point" when we've racked up about 100 points in the season and United have just about cobbled together 50. How is that "a good point" then? It's a sh*t point.

That game 2 seasons back where they were losing a player injured every 5 minutes and ended up with 10 men and we strolled around the pitch for the rest of the game like we felt sorry for them  :mad:

We've had a bad attitude to this game for a long long time. We pay them way too much respect given they've been dogshit for nearly a decade now.

United at their peak used to come to Anfield to try to break us. We go there at our peak and are happy with "a good point"  :mad:

I remember them coming to Anfield in the 90s with half a team missing. Some lad I'd never heard of called Ronnie Wallwork was playing for them. We thought United were in for a pasting. They actually won that game (if I remember correctly) cos they turned up with the right attitude.

That's all I ask for in this game: the right attitude.

I'll accept defeat. What I won't accept is settling for a sh*t point if we've dominated the game and created more chances than them.

Prediction: a boring 1-1

ps - did we not win there in the Eurotrash a few years back? Quarter finals was it? We absolutely pasted them over 2 legs. Maybe it was a draw. Just underlines the point.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 591 
      Reply #40: Apr 29, 2021 11:27:38 pm
      Just give it everything and see what happens. May as well at this stage. Got f*ck all else to lose.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,022 posts | 3031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41: Apr 30, 2021 12:00:05 am
      Ok, the league table doesn’t lie, the position clubs are in reflect the points amassed up to this round of fixtures, that is a fact, However, we all know, including those manky Mancs, that they are only where there at because of our absolute car crash of a season, ppl say that we can’t keep blaming the injuries we have sustained , but truthfully what else is there, losing your entire back line, then losing 75% of your midfielders, will totally and completely f**k up your entire side,

Take City’s back line out, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Gundogan out too long term, take Lindelhof, Slabhead Maguire, and Bruno F out of Manure’s side , and they would have the same f***in car crash,

Not only have the injuries fu**ed us up, the impact it has had on the rest of the players is blatantly obvious, we are a shadow of what we were last season, the title was virtually over by Xmas, no one could touch us, we were head & shoulders above everyone else,

Congrats to City, they deserve their title, but again, they have had it easy because we weren’t there breathing down their necks, and f**k knows where Mutants would be, to be honest I don’t f***in care, truth is they’d be looking up our f***in arse, just like they will be next season,

So on Sunday, I want us to give our best performance of this f***in mental season, I would like a Barca style performance and rip them KUNTS apart, just to remind them that we may be down a peg or two this campaign but by f**k just f***in watch us next season,

Alisson
                                              Trent    Phillips   Kabak   Robbo
                                                    Milner  Fabinho  Gini
                                                    Salah      Jota.    Mane

1-2 Champions, just for a wee bit longer.

Y  N  W  A
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 144 
      Reply #42: Apr 30, 2021 06:05:45 am
      I might record it and watch it if we win.. I say that now I'll probably end up watching but that's how I feel at the moment.
      So fed up with this season, want it done.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,401 posts | 1410 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #43: Apr 30, 2021 06:48:37 am
      Of course were all going to watch it,  its Utd v Liverpool. There have been plenty of seasons where we've played Utd when we've had nothing to play for but pride.
      As far as I'm concerned, and I hope Jürgen and the players are too, its still mathematically possible to get top 4. It would be poor from the players not to give 100% every time they pull on the Red shirt.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,168 posts | 5460 
      Reply #44: Apr 30, 2021 07:46:45 am
      I might record it and watch it if we win.. I say that now I'll probably end up watching but that's how I feel at the moment.
      So fed up with this season, want it done.

I hear you brother!!! I'm starting to understand what they mean about players being ready for their holidays towards the end of a season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,921 posts | 1990 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #45: Apr 30, 2021 07:52:30 am
      Our season starts here  :f_tongueincheek:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 144 
      Reply #46: Apr 30, 2021 08:30:50 am
      Of course were all going to watch it,  its Utd v Liverpool. There have been plenty of seasons where we've played Utd when we've had nothing to play for but pride.
      As far as I'm concerned, and I hope Jürgen and the players are too, its still mathematically possible to get top 4. It would be poor from the players not to give 100% every time they pull on the Red shirt.

I agree and believe me I'm not being spoilt as we've had bad seasons before and our disruptions and reasons for it are there to see BUT what's really got me down is that we've had the chances in front of goal and been powder puff. We were never gonna win the PL that became obvious but we should have easily made top four with chances we've had.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2021 01:14:51 pm by Rush Goalie »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,018 posts | 2687 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #47: Apr 30, 2021 10:20:27 am
      NB: Team no longer available

If Philips is fit, I would play him instead of Fabinho and put Fabinho instead of Milner.

We need to beat these bas**rds.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #48: Apr 30, 2021 10:50:09 am
      Bloody hell a lot more animosity than usual for this match.  ;D Am I to go in hiding now or after the match.   :D
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #49: Apr 30, 2021 11:44:37 am
      It's United, so we'll probably spend more time talking post-match about VAR than the football - how many soft penalties are they gonna get this time?

We need to boss the midfield on Sunday, so Fab or Millie (or both) need to start alongside Thiago, but Klopp's sure to start Fab in the back four and Gini in midfield.  I'd drop Mané for this and share the workload 1st and 2nd half between Jones and Jota. 

I'm hoping they'll be thinking more about Europe than the league, so the 6-2 last night doesn't help us.  Probably theirs to lose rather than ours to win, but we could sure use the three points as long as there's a distant chance of CL/Europa football next season. 

1-1

Quick Reply