Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 17th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League

Read 26000 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League
      Reply #437: May 03, 2021 02:00:14 am
      Wasn't even referring to the bottle hitting the coach. Once you get into the direct action game the clashes with police are inevitable. It's something you have to be ready for when you make the decision to take the sort of action that stops matches.

Sh*t happens.

In any big group of people there are different types of people so, yeah, sh*t happens.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #438: May 03, 2021 02:11:33 am
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      Reply #439: May 03, 2021 02:23:52 am
      I'm struggling to see the thing they're all fighting for,  in solidarity. 

I'm not sure there is a solitary thing, here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #440: May 03, 2021 03:19:02 am
      I'm struggling to see the thing they're all fighting for,  in solidarity. 

I'm not sure there is a solitary thing, here.

Opportunistic groups of guys getting wasted and FaceTiming their mates from the pitch. That’s what it will look like to a lot of the casual observers. Because I personally have engrossed myself in the game and try to learn and understand more about the culture (and have spent massive amounts of time on this forum) I can understand the reasoning behind a lot of this, to many it will just be written off as football hooliganism. The message will be drowned out.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      Reply #441: May 03, 2021 07:04:36 am
      Opportunistic groups of guys getting wasted and FaceTiming their mates from the pitch. That’s what it will look like to a lot of the casual observers. Because I personally have engrossed myself in the game and try to learn and understand more about the culture (and have spent massive amounts of time on this forum) I can understand the reasoning behind a lot of this, to many it will just be written off as football hooliganism. The message will be drowned out.

If I'm being honest about my post, I can't even remember writing the f**ker.  Was sh*t faced.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,227 posts | 1650 
      Reply #442: May 03, 2021 07:48:32 am
      Only just caught up with this. Rumours Sat night this would happen so pretty piss poor security for me .Wonder what the outcry would be if other clubs did this would Ratboy and Keane be so glowing
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,140 posts | 4894 
      Reply #443: May 03, 2021 08:43:19 am
      That's footballing protesting. Your yank group protesting should be forgotten about, different rules la!!

No Pyro, no F***ing party!!

And don't take the moral high ground about throwing flares into stands, shaky ground there with our lot ;)

Agree.

Sometimes it takes a protest to 'go too far' for it be be effective and people to take notice.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 269 
      Reply #444: May 03, 2021 08:59:20 am
      What's that Gary? Liverpool and United together on this? Bollocks, did you hear them chanting 'you scouse bas**rds' at the police and in the ground, throwing a flare onto the gantry probably aimed at Souey or Carra.
      I'll always be wary of our owners no doubt and they have to be kept in check by the fans but I don't think they're in the H+G category or the Glazers.
      Utd fans hate the Glazers but that's their fight, I've no time for them, they're vile.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 874 posts | 102 
      Reply #445: May 03, 2021 09:03:00 am
      Rumours Sat night this would happen so pretty piss poor security for me

..bent coppers I reckon...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4967 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #446: May 03, 2021 09:08:40 am
      Can't believe you are carrying on this pretence and defence of Man Utd fans' hypocrisy.

Keith has claimed that they protested today because their fans worldwide were watching, and suddenly noticed. My point is, were these same fans not watching the Roma match? Of course they were.

This is not about the most popular game. This is because it suits them. They ignored the Roma match because it mattered to them. They want to win a Glazers paid for Trophy, but want to protest in our game about the Glazers who bought them success because they are winning no Trophy in the league again this year.

Can’t believe  your so f***in  stupid that you cannot recognise the difference between a 2nd rate European game, semi final or not between Roma & Man U and one of the biggest club games on planet football and the rivalry that is Liverpool V Man U, Manc fans choose this game for that exact reason, it gave them the biggest audience they could possibly get therefore maximum publicity, if you cannot recognise that then you are no better than those owners who also have no f***in clue about football or the fans passion for their respective clubs.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #447: May 03, 2021 09:10:10 am
      Oh for f**k sake are you on a wind up or just not up to date on the fact tbat this is the most watched game on Earth, more then any other combo you can think of. Roma v utd in a 2nd rate tournament does not have the same impact.

He's obviously not all there Brian and also holds a hidden agenda against me coz I'm a manc. You'll never see him agree with any of my post. He is what he is!!!!!! The ignore button works well on him.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #448: May 03, 2021 09:15:34 am
      Set alarm for 1.15am for 1.30 am KO

See game is delayed, 2 cones

Discover lads still at Hotel so go back to bed set alarm for 3am

get up...turn tv on...Game postponed

2 cones

Back to bed

Alarm goes off at 5.30am for 6.30am start.

I'm fu**ed off, tired and stoned but at least we didn't drop points!!!  :D

I did text you telling you not to get up.  :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #449: May 03, 2021 09:20:33 am
      They started off in 2005 protesting outside OT, then Green and Gold, then saw us see off G & H + plus them still winning stuff meant they got disheartened and Ferguson asked them to lay off the Glazers. ESL has got them all Frank Gallaghered up :laugh:

Man!!!  u know your sh!t considering you support Liverpool  :lmao: There's more than what meets the eye with you isn't there.  ;)  Can you teach the grasshopper  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #450: May 03, 2021 09:37:47 am
      I don't disagree with protesting or wanting their owners out. I disagree with throwing flares into the stand, invading the pitch, going into the changing room, wrecking the goals, throwing missiles at the cops, breaking into the stadium, etc. How does that advance some position of theirs? That's anarchy, not group protest.

I'm actually more convince than I ever was Robby a lot that goes on at the movements (( no matter what sport it is )) is set up. There not even fans, they just jump on any organised protest to cause mayhem. We call them snowflakes nowadays. Obviously not saying our fans didn't get involved in some shape or form, course they did, their F***ing scum. I just think there's massive social media sh!t going on behind the scenes to make matters worse and exaggerate the issue for their own gains.

I remember when a so called Liverpool fan set a flare or something off at the liver bird building. I was convinced then it wasn't a Liverpool fan and still am.

Anything that can cause a stir for social media then their on it like a fly is on sh!t. It's the new norm sadly.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,281 posts | 1513 
      Reply #451: May 03, 2021 09:38:34 am
      Only just caught up with this. Rumours Sat night this would happen so pretty piss poor security for me .Wonder what the outcry would be if other clubs did this would Ratboy and Keane be so glowing

Clearly not. And just about every pundit lauding this, and condemning wealthy owners, have all taken the dirty dollar when it suited them, and continue to do so.
      Managers, players and agents alike. I’ve never heard of anyone insisting on their income being reduced to levels of reality for the good of the game. Never heard a player or manager suggest there should be a wage cap.
      Also, how many of you, and everyone who objects to the obscene amount of money involved in the game, continue to contribute to Sky.
      If the mancs force the glazers out, who will they want to come in ?
      It will always be a huge financial institution of sorts. There isn’t a business that will buy into anything, and be prepared to make a loss, just for the appeasement of the fans.
       There’s a lot needs to be done to improve the whole structure of the game, trying to force owners at any level to voluntary take a loss on a business investment isn’t gonna happen.’
      The Glazers may be taking profits from united, but they also paid the second highest net spend in Europe over the last 10 years. The recent lack of trophies, of which they seem to think they have a god given right to, clearly comes from bad management not bad owners.
      The way Liverpool is run is not fault free, but it’s proved successful over the last 5 years. Be careful what you wish for.
      If everyone protested by cancelling their sky subscription, that would help reduce the insane amount of money in the game. Clubs would have to raise revenues from other means, the multi billionaire owners would not be raking in the profits as investment in football would be less attractive. Agents should be outlawed, and players and managers contracts capped.
      A maximum ticket price should be introduced to all clubs, and replica kits which cost as bout £2;50 to produce, should be reduced to sensible levels like £20-£25.

Football then will be back in the real world, back at a level attainable by fans.
      But don’t expect massive investment in your club, it will just tick over, year on year !

First the Fa forcing the premier league on us. Then the clubs happily taking the sky money. Everyone hoping their club would be taken over by the wealthiest owners so they could afford the best of everything. Then the introduction of FFP, and the repulsive failure of it.

Things unfortunately aren’t gonna change any time soon.
      It seems most were happy of the progress at each and every step, but all those changes collectively have created a financial monster beyond our control.
      Now we want changes.
      IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.
      We took the poisoned challis, and it’s too late to turn back.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,272 posts | 761 
      Reply #452: May 03, 2021 09:39:13 am
      The phrase that the players did not show up, took a new meaning yesterday !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,534 posts | 3904 
      Reply #453: May 03, 2021 09:50:21 am
      This season is a F***ing joke isn’t it, what an absolute sh*t show.

Is there a way I can just delete it from my memory?
      DanMann

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #454: May 03, 2021 10:58:41 am

Can’t believe  your so f***in  stupid that you cannot recognise the difference between a 2nd rate European game, semi final or not between Roma & Man U and one of the biggest club games on planet football and the rivalry that is Liverpool V Man U, Manc fans choose this game for that exact reason, it gave them the biggest audience they could possibly get therefore maximum publicity, if you cannot recognise that then you are no better than those owners who also have no f***in clue about football or the fans passion for their respective clubs.

Yet another who fails to grasp the point. I thought Liverpool fans would be smarter than this.

Comparing me with the Owners of Liverpool FC just makes your comments even more baffling.
      DanMann

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #455: May 03, 2021 11:01:13 am
      He's obviously not all there Brian and also holds a hidden agenda against me coz I'm a manc. You'll never see him agree with any of my post. He is what he is!!!!!! The ignore button works well on him.  ;D

Weirdo.

You freaked out and went into a rage because I said I wanted Man Utd to lose a match. You were so offended it was hilarious.

You put me on ignore.  :lmao:

Who is it with the hidden agenda? You.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #456: May 03, 2021 11:11:29 am
      This season is a F***ing joke isn’t it, what an absolute sh*t show.

The joke continues with the debacle at Old Twattford where a gang of kids smashed their way into the ground and proceeded to slash and assault police, kick spare balls around, climb on the goalposts and generally make a F***ing  nuisance of themselves; not forgetting causing the game to be abandoned at huge loss financially.

The media labelled it a "protest", not a poster or any statement of protest could be seen,
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #457: May 03, 2021 11:21:57 am
      This season is a f**king joke isn’t it, what an absolute sh*t show.

You need to know where we are to appreciate where we've been and are going!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #458: May 03, 2021 11:49:29 am
      The joke continues with the debacle at Old Twattford where a gang of kids smashed their way into the ground and proceeded to slash and assault police, kick spare balls around, climb on the goalposts and generally make a f**king  nuisance of themselves; not forgetting causing the game to be abandoned at huge loss financially.

The media labelled it a "protest", not a poster or any statement of protest could be seen,

Interesting point which I noticed too, you mention kids?? On most of the protest marches across the country in the last two years for whatever reason seems to be young adults?  Snowflakes??
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #459: May 03, 2021 11:51:07 am
      This is what happens when your club gets taken further away from fans.
      It’s a sport already very detached from its fans.
      A lot of people see football as the most important thing in their life so I can see why emotions and anger run high.
      I genuinely couldn’t care less if we win or lose anymore. It’s like going to the cinema for me. Some movies are crap and some stay in your memory. But I used to be so involved in the sport I could even reel off the under 18 fixture list like it was on the back of my hand.
      Sadly I fear these protests have come too late. For decades it’s been nothing except for the obsession of money and greed.

I have more interest in the lower leagues than the premiership these days but even that is priced out of many working class folk.

So I support these protests, I just hope they lead to at least a resemblance of what football should be like.

Quick Reply