Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League

Read 25620 times
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Re: Pre match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League - Sunday May 2nd. KO 16:30
      Reply #46: Apr 30, 2021 08:30:50 am
      Of course were all going to watch it,  its Utd v Liverpool. There have been plenty of seasons where we've played Utd when we've had nothing to play for but pride.
      As far as I'm concerned, and I hope JĂźrgen and the players are too, its still mathematically possible to get top 4. It would be poor from the players not to give 100% every time they pull on the Red shirt.

I agree and believe me I'm not being spoilt as we've had bad seasons before and our disruptions and reasons for it are there to see BUT what's really got me down is that we've had the chances in front of goal and been powder puff. We were never gonna win the PL that became obvious but we should have easily made top four with chances we've had.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2021 01:14:51 pm by Rush Goalie »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #47: Apr 30, 2021 10:20:27 am
      NB: Team no longer available

If Philips is fit, I would play him instead of Fabinho and put Fabinho instead of Milner.

We need to beat these bas**rds.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #48: Apr 30, 2021 10:50:09 am
      Bloody hell a lot more animosity than usual for this match.  ;D Am I to go in hiding now or after the match.   :D
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #49: Apr 30, 2021 11:44:37 am
      It's United, so we'll probably spend more time talking post-match about VAR than the football - how many soft penalties are they gonna get this time?

We need to boss the midfield on Sunday, so Fab or Millie (or both) need to start alongside Thiago, but Klopp's sure to start Fab in the back four and Gini in midfield.  I'd drop ManĂŠ for this and share the workload 1st and 2nd half between Jones and Jota. 

I'm hoping they'll be thinking more about Europe than the league, so the 6-2 last night doesn't help us.  Probably theirs to lose rather than ours to win, but we could sure use the three points as long as there's a distant chance of CL/Europa football next season. 

1-1

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #50: Apr 30, 2021 12:07:26 pm
      Bloody hell a lot more animosity than usual for this match.  ;D Am I to go in hiding now or after the match.   :D

No no no Keith, please hang around we haven't had too much to laugh about or take the piss out of this season, it's never too late for either. 😁

YNWA
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #51: Apr 30, 2021 12:46:46 pm
      I'm usually a positive person but I think I'm going to be pessimistic about this game. Not looking forward to it and instead of excited I'm just nervous. The abuse I get from Man U supporters is crazy this season so just hoping they dont have any more ammunition after Sunday. Please Liverpool at least give us a win against the Munts ffs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #52: Apr 30, 2021 12:58:22 pm
      ps - did we not win there in the Eurotrash a few years back? Quarter finals was it? We absolutely pasted them over 2 legs. Maybe it was a draw. Just underlines the point.

The only and only time we've played a European two-legged tie against them and we hold the upper hand. Means F**k all here like as we'll probably get beat to round off an absolute c**t of a season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #53: Apr 30, 2021 01:43:23 pm

No no no Keith, please hang around we haven't had too much to laugh about or take the piss out of this season, it's never too late for either. 😁

YNWA

Yeah the laugh at the manc thread been pretty quiet the last couple of months so can't complain  ;D.  It's nice not going into the match needed a win apart from bragging rights.  ;D

In my opinion this decides if your still in a shout of CL place. You simply can't afford to lose even though you still have the best run in. I'm hoping we can put the nail in ( member)  weareliverpools  coffin as he's simply not a nice guy. He drags the forum down as never has a good word to say about any members even if you support Liverpool.

Even if you win
      Chavs are playing exceptional well under new and boss defensively probably the best in league and they don't look like conceding many goals for remainder of the season so going to be really hard to displace them now.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #54: Apr 30, 2021 01:45:16 pm

F**k you Manc.

;)

>:D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #55: Apr 30, 2021 01:47:02 pm

You sound like Aussie Red in disguise, you changed your username  :lmao:
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #56: Apr 30, 2021 02:00:01 pm
      I haven't cared less for a game against the Mancs in many years. Just want to avoid the Europa and get this non season over with.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Apr 30, 2021 02:15:30 pm
      You sound like Aussie Red in disguise, you changed your username  :lmao:

Nah, I'm just usually less of a c**t to you, but with the game coming up, I have to get a dig or two in ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #58: Apr 30, 2021 02:20:30 pm
      Nah, I'm just usually less of a c**t to you, but with the game coming up, I have to get a dig or two in ;)

;D well it is that time of year Isn't it.  :D I'll do my usual in match thread and probably stay away.It  can get very toxic even with your own fans.  ;D
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #59: Apr 30, 2021 02:35:16 pm
      Have to hope we don't concede. After that... have to hope we don't concede too many. After that... have to hope we at least score a consolation goal.

;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #60: Apr 30, 2021 02:36:38 pm
      ;D well it is that time of year Isn't it.  :D I'll do my usual in match thread and probably stay away.It  can get very toxic even with your own fans.  ;D

I can't stand the match threads, so I stay out of them.
      There's a small group who never do anything but whine, and moan and bi*ch.
      Never see the fuckers when we're doing well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #61: Apr 30, 2021 02:39:55 pm
      I can't stand the match threads, so I stay out of them.
      There's a small group who never do anything but whine, and moan and bi*ch.
      Never see the fuckers when we're doing well.

Speaking of moaners not seen Heimy for a while.  :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #62: Apr 30, 2021 02:52:03 pm

I blocked that F***ing WUM years ago mate.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #63: Apr 30, 2021 03:45:34 pm

Probably bogged down in his homework.  :f_whistle:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #64: Apr 30, 2021 06:45:42 pm
      If we can’t win there when we are in hot form, then maybe, just maybe, now we are in sh*te form, we might surprise ourselves.

Wishful thinking mind.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #65: Apr 30, 2021 07:00:10 pm
      If we can’t win there when we are in hot form, then maybe, just maybe, now we are in sh*te form, we might surprise ourselves.

Wishful thinking mind.

I like it!

1-2 👍🏼
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #66: Apr 30, 2021 10:52:41 pm

Wishful thinking mind.
      Would be a famous upset, like.

That it's hard to see happening makes it an upset.

But the lack of buzz leading up to this one is really telling. Sad, really.

I'll be watching and shouting, mind.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #67: Apr 30, 2021 11:12:57 pm
      All a bit doom and gloom in here won't stop me being up for this game whatever the circumstances F***ing get into them
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #68: May 01, 2021 09:28:11 am
      I don’t feel as wound up as usual for this game. Think that’s down to our abysmal season so far.
      Always bet on us winning anytime anywhere, but just doesn’t feel right for this one.
      Can’t say we’ve played poorly every game. Far from it we’ve had some decent performances.
      Just not expecting to score many even when we create the chances. Like most, can’t put my finger on why that is, but it’s currently become a part of our game. Am praying we can make it happen tomorrow, but not over confident.
      Thinking 2:2 but not sure if we can score 2 even if we get 10 chances 🤷‍♂️ Not to mention, it’s 3 points we desperately need.

Quick Reply