Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League

Read 25577 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League
      Reply #460: May 03, 2021 12:14:14 pm
      Interesting point which I noticed too, you mention kids?? On most of the protest marches across the country in the last two years for whatever reason seems to be young adults?  Snowflakes??

I can think of a far more descriptive name for the little tw*ts.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #461: May 03, 2021 12:15:08 pm
      The biggest cover up of a nasty incident is my only observation, innocent my arse. Only now are details emerging, if Liverpool would have done this we would have been thrown out of the league probably and vilified beyond all imagination.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #462: May 03, 2021 12:25:25 pm
      This is what happens when your club gets taken further away from fans.
      Itā€™s a sport already very detached from its fans.
      A lot of people see football as the most important thing in their life so I can see why emotions and anger run high.
      I genuinely couldnā€™t care less if we win or lose anymore. Itā€™s like going to the cinema for me. Some movies are crap and some stay in your memory. But I used to be so involved in the sport I could even reel off the under 18 fixture list like it was on the back of my hand.
      Sadly I fear these protests have come too late. For decades itā€™s been nothing except for the obsession of money and greed.

I have more interest in the lower leagues than the premiership these days but even that is priced out of many working class folk.

So I support these protests, I just hope they lead to at least a resemblance of what football should be like.

Totally understand where you are coming from. Sadly it's hard to see it changing, more money means the stakes get higher. My problem yesterday was that there was an element there who weren't there to protest. Swinging on a cross bar and taking selfies has nothing to do with big business and greed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #463: May 03, 2021 12:39:28 pm
      Totally understand where you are coming from. Sadly it's hard to see it changing, more money means the stakes get higher. My problem yesterday was that there was an element there who weren't there to protest. Swinging on a cross bar and taking selfies has nothing to do with big business and greed.

There is the question of possible collusion, in a stadium acknowledged as matching the best in the world how were these gobshites able to gain entry?

Was a latch past its sell by date?
      Did someone misplace a key?
      Did some athletic gobs***e vault the 25ft  barriers?

More credible is the idea that an anti-Glazer sympathiser "forgot" to secure a gate!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #464: May 03, 2021 12:42:38 pm
      There is the question of possible collusion, in a stadium acknowledged as matching the best in the world how were these gobshites able to gain entry?

Was a latch past its sell by date?
      Did someone misplace a key?
      Did some athletic gobs***e vault the 25ft  barriers?

More credible is the idea that an anti-Glazer sympathiser "forgot" to secure a gate!

Saw a video of someone kicking a door open and everyone piling in
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #465: May 03, 2021 12:46:47 pm

But you get that in any protest or demonstration. A small percentage of people who are just trouble makers. Itā€™s these that the media will focus on and itā€™s wrong.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #466: May 03, 2021 12:54:03 pm
      I'm actually more convince than I ever was Robby a lot that goes on at the movements (( no matter what sport it is )) is set up. There not even fans, they just jump on any organised protest to cause mayhem. We call them snowflakes nowadays. Obviously not saying our fans didn't get involved in some shape or form, course they did, their f**king scum. I just think there's massive social media sh!t going on behind the scenes to make matters worse and exaggerate the issue for their own gains.

I remember when a so called Liverpool fan set a flare or something off at the liver bird building. I was convinced then it wasn't a Liverpool fan and still am.

Anything that can cause a stir for social media then their on it like a fly is on sh!t. It's the new norm sadly.

Saw a lot of that after Jan 6 in DC and last summer at various BLM protests
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #467: May 03, 2021 12:56:47 pm
      But you get that in any protest or demonstration. A small percentage of people who are just trouble makers. Itā€™s these that the media will focus on and itā€™s wrong.

Spot on Bob
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #468: May 03, 2021 12:57:38 pm
      Saw a lot of that after Jan 6 in DC and last summer at various BLM protests

Me too Robby, stinks doesn't it.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #469: May 03, 2021 12:59:28 pm

A piece from Gareth Roberts:

[...]

"Forgot where it was and who was doing it, this is people like us"

[...]

A load of manc scally rats in their they'll-never-spot-I'm-a-United-away-fan-in-my-all-black-gear-disguise with their rather portly-looking manc dad former scally rats in their they'll-never-spot-I'm-a-United-away-fan-in-my-all-black-gear-disguise? I'm not feeling the kindred spirit thing at all I'm afraid.  ???
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #470: May 03, 2021 01:10:29 pm
      Am I right in hearing that in the States you canā€™t saddle the club with debt like the Glazers have done with United over here.. could that be a reason why PL clubs are so attractive to American owners..?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #471: May 03, 2021 01:12:15 pm
      The joke continues with the debacle at Old Twattford where a gang of kids smashed their way into the ground and proceeded to slash and assault police, kick spare balls around, climb on the goalposts and generally make a F***ing  nuisance of themselves; not forgetting causing the game to be abandoned at huge loss financially.

The media labelled it a "protest", not a poster or any statement of protest could be seen,

It was a direct action against the owners. Stuff like that was brought up and wanted to be used by loads back in 2010 protesting G & H. It's just that a few in SOS decided to play it smarter. Every protest they've had over the Glazers has felt like a defeat for them, yesterday was a desperate but needed action by them. Now they have to face the consequences. But their fans will have felt this action was needed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #472: May 03, 2021 01:25:00 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #473: May 03, 2021 01:54:26 pm
      It was a direct action against the owners. Stuff like that was brought up and wanted to be used by loads back in 2010 protesting G & H. It's just that a few in SOS decided to play it smarter. Every protest they've had over the Glazers has felt like a defeat for them, yesterday was a desperate but needed action by them. Now they have to face the consequences. But their fans will have felt this action was needed.

Fairy Muff mate but was really commenting on the carry on with those gobshites in the ground running amok and causing F***ing murder.
      Some of them couldnā€™t spell ā€œprotestā€.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #474: May 03, 2021 01:57:50 pm
      Fairy Muff mate but was really commenting on the carry on with those gobshites in the ground running amok and causing F***ing murder.

End of the day they're getting to the point of no return. What would we have done if things hadn't gone our way in 2010?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #475: May 03, 2021 02:09:46 pm
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #476: May 03, 2021 02:21:13 pm
      Fairy Muff mate but was really commenting on the carry on with those gobshites in the ground running amok and causing f**king murder.

Whether you agree with how they ā€œprotestedā€ Iā€™d have thought if anyone on here would agree with the fact theyā€™d had enough and were doing something it would have been you Stuey
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #477: May 03, 2021 02:25:15 pm
      I'm not feeling the kindred spirit thing at all I'm afraid.  ???

Wouldn't call me a kindred spirit, I'd still carpet bomb the cu*ts out of existence given the chance, but end of the day if 2010 hadn't turned out the way it did, I F***ing guarantee we'd of done something similar, whether the rest of the wool and global fam agreed with it or not!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #478: May 03, 2021 02:37:48 pm
      Wouldn't call me a kindred spirit, I'd still carpet bomb the cu*ts out of existence given the chance, but end of the day if 2010 hadn't turned out the way it did, I f**king guarantee we'd of done something similar, whether the rest of the wool and global fam agreed with it or not!

One thing I can safely say about you HR. You don't do those rose tinted glasses. Man after my own heart, doesn't matter whether if you upset fellow fans spades a spade with you. Unlike Dan derr man who's blinkered and will say anything to have a pop.  ;)

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #479: May 03, 2021 02:45:39 pm
      One thing I can safely say about you HR. You don't do those rose tinted glasses. Man after my own heart, doesn't matter whether if you upset fellow fans spades a spade with you. Unlike Dan derr man who's blinkered and will say anything to have a pop.  ;)

Obsessed WUM. Desperate for attention.

I say it as it is, and this protest was out of order. I hope you guys are seriously punished for it.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #480: May 03, 2021 03:22:57 pm
      Wouldn't call me a kindred spirit, I'd still carpet bomb the cu*ts out of existence given the chance, but end of the day if 2010 hadn't turned out the way it did, I f**king guarantee we'd of done something similar, whether the rest of the wool and global fam agreed with it or not!

We were very close to going bust though.

United are just under-competitive, while still able to lash Ā£115m on Paul Pogba  :lmao:

We got lucky as the banks stepped in, and our Chairman at the time, Martin something. Brownston? Chelsea fan, which I remember earned him a lot of distrust from our fanbase but he came up trumps for us, taking on his own employers. I never felt he got enough credit for that, or any credit as I recall. It wasn't Spirit of Shankly that stopped us going bust, although I expect you can find a few lads who will try to claim it was.

So yeah I understand why United fans aren't happy but that was a shitshow yesterday, it just looked like a load of tw*ts trying to replicate the storming of the Capitol building rather than a protest about their football club. See them all standing round on their phones ("I'm in the ground!") and taking vids for their Instagram accounts. All that'll come out of that is all United fans having their name dragged through the mud, and some lads getting criminal records, or additions to their criminal records.

Once you start throwing steel barriers at the bizzies you've crossed the line, even if I know from past experience that GMP can be absolute bas**rds.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #481: May 03, 2021 03:34:21 pm
      When's this being played then?

Only thing I can think of is moving it to 16 May and moving our game with WBA to the midweek before?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #482: May 03, 2021 03:44:52 pm
      When's this being played then?

Only thing I can think of is moving it to 16 May and moving our game with WBA to the midweek before?

It's looking like that but have you told Fat Sam yet.  :lmao:

Quick Reply