Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League

Read 25563 times
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Re: POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League
      Reply #529: May 05, 2021 06:56:11 pm
      So you agree Klopp has a fantastic team at his disposal.

Yes, but it's fantastic because he made it fantastic. It's his side. He built it. He trained it. He set it up tactically. He kicked its arse when necessary. He shouted its name from the rooftops at other times.

Do you think any other manager could have got 2 back-to-back near-100 point seasons out of this particular piano? Whilst taking on arguably the most daunting opponent in European football history in terms of their ability to spend money and rack up points relentlessly?

Inspired a comeback from 3-0 down against one of the most revered sides in European history including arguably THE most revered player of all time? With Divock Origi leading the line for us?

I don't.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #530: May 05, 2021 07:02:09 pm
      No one denies what a great manager Klopp is, but this idea that he is having to work miracles with the squad is hyperbolic garbage.

I don't think you have the first idea how difficult football management is.

Piss easy on computer games innit.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #531: May 05, 2021 07:07:14 pm
      Amongst all the garbage in this post, this part stinks the most.

Jürgen has at his disposal a squad with WORLD CLASS players at every position with one of the most expensive wages in the league. WTF are you talking about "working miracles". He's not being asked to win with a championship team for fucks sake.

Getting competitive with that City side and beating them to a title is nothing short of a miracle given the financial situation of both clubs.

Saying it's not is doing Klopp a massive disservice in my opinion.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #532: May 05, 2021 07:12:50 pm
      Yes, but it's fantastic because he made it fantastic. It's his side. He built it. He trained it. He set it up tactically. He kicked its arse when necessary. He shouted its name from the rooftops at other times.

Do you think any other manager could have got 2 back-to-back near-100 point seasons out of this particular piano? Whilst taking on arguably the most daunting opponent in European football history in terms of their ability to spend money and rack up points relentlessly?

Inspired a comeback from 3-0 down against one of the most revered sides in European history including arguably THE most revered player of all time? With Divock Origi leading the line for us?

I don't.

Agree, and speaks to the quality of manager he is, but he didn't do it alone and against the world. He was given the right players and environment to make it so, which is why your statement about him "working miracles" is a load of horseshit.

You need talent to win and he has been given it in loads, or do you think he would have been able to have the same success if he still had Sakho, Leiva, Allen, Ibe, Woodburn etc? Now, taking that bag of crap and turning it into champions would have been a miracle
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #533: May 05, 2021 08:12:14 pm
      Jeeez...talk about taking a figure of speech a little too literally. It’s the boss’s side which he has honed and shaped according to his methods and he deserves an enormous amount of credit for putting it together and for keeping the train rolling on and on at such breathtaking speed and with such devastating effect. This culminated in record-breaking success in the previous two seasons.

Great managers help turn average players into very good ones and very good ones into those who can fairly be described as world class. Overwhelmingly this is what the boss has done. True enough the train has a few missing passengers at the present time but before long they’ll be back on board before we start gathering apace for our next destination.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #534: May 05, 2021 09:11:04 pm
      So United's 'punishment' for abandoning their fixture is that they get to play their reserves against Leicester, one of the teams that can and almost certainly will stop us getting top 4.

And our 'reward' for United abandoning their fixture is that we now only get a couple of days rest and preparation for West Brom instead of a week's worth, while Fat Sam gets a week's worth of training his side on set pieces.

F**k the f**king Premier League

City would have lawyers all over this. Where are ours?

In complete and utter contrast to the spirit of the people of Liverpool, Liverpool football club is a massive f**king doormat. Sh*t on it and it will apologise for getting in the way.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #535: May 05, 2021 11:07:17 pm
      Can't believe what a pushover we have been to agree to reschedule this match at an inconvenience to ourselves and not Utd.

We should be hitting out at Utd and demanding both punishment, and the automatic 3 points for us. Instead, we put out a pathetic woke statement that effectively supports the Utd fans for their despicable behaviour  :mad:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #536: May 05, 2021 11:24:05 pm
      Feeling more confident that we can beat Utd, in the rescheduled fixture !
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #537: May 06, 2021 01:46:30 am

We should be hitting out at Utd and demanding both punishment, and the automatic 3 points for us.

Really?  Seems like whinging to me.  If we had a match postponed because of the actions of a handful of idiot fans, the rest of us would go berserk if they just gave the points to the other side. 
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #538: May 06, 2021 07:58:46 am
      Really?  Seems like whinging to me.  If we had a match postponed because of the actions of a handful of idiot fans, the rest of us would go berserk if they just gave the points to the other side. 

It's the responsibility of the club to make sure that the stadium is safe and for whatever reason, the club could not. They should show that they could not, it's not clear. If the fans are protesting it's because ManUtd has not managed that properly. They should have a penalty. I don't say they should lose points, ut there should be a sanction.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #539: May 06, 2021 09:00:23 am
      I would support any protest from United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chav if it helps get the snakes out at the top. With any protest you always get a minority there for one thing ( TROUBLE)  which is unfortunate.

No condemnation from me what so ever, in fact it would be a tap on the back. Hopefully fans across the board will continue there goal to try and get the w@nkers out.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #540: May 06, 2021 09:34:42 am

This was not a handful of idiots. This was their core fanbase. A large protest, and they are delighted in what they have achieved. Keith himself has said he praises the riot and abuse. Every club has idiot fans, but this is not an isolated incident of throwing a flare on the pitch, smashing a window, abusing a player etc. This was a planned riot by their supporter groups, and is widely praised and supported even in the aftermath.

It's already been made very clear that this is driven purely by poor results and nothing moral about it at all.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #541: May 06, 2021 09:36:40 am
      This was not a handful of idiots. This was their core fanbase. A large protest, and they are delighted in what they have achieved. Keith himself has said he praises the riot and abuse.

It's already been made very clear that this is driven purely by poor results and nothing moral about it at all.

If it's driven purely by poor results then why do it now when they are going a lot better than they have done in years?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #542: May 06, 2021 09:39:49 am
      how many suitable people have £3 billion to spare . So whatever way you look at it £3billion is going out of the club into FSG that cannot be disputed.

Can't it?

I might be missing something but if someone buys the club for £3Billion, FSG get that money, but the club and it's assets, revenue streams etc are owned by the new party and for them they'd want to build on that to further increase their investment.

Explain how £3Billion would go 'out of the club' as I can't quite get my head around that point?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #543: May 06, 2021 09:45:41 am
      If it's driven purely by poor results then why do it now when they are going a lot better than they have done in years?

He talks utter nonsense Higgy, pretty standard of him these days, Think I prefer having  Heimy back.  :lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #544: May 06, 2021 09:50:51 am

They've witnessed Liverpool winning the Premier League, and about to watch Man City take the title this season despite feeling entitled to win it themselves and thinking that they had a chance.

The ESL news lit the match for them, and they picked up the opportunity, but the motivation is poor results.

As the BBC have stated "It is no surprise the 'green and gold' anti-Glazer campaign began in 2010, when United were experiencing a dip after three successive Premier League titles, nor that it fizzled out when Ferguson got his team playing like champions again and reached another Champions League final."  :roll:

What Utd fans want is to be rid of the Glazers, and get Man City v2 owners in to pump huge wads of cash into the club and buy the top players again.  ;D

DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #545: May 06, 2021 10:11:15 am
      At least the Utd fans on RedCafe are crying about the fixtures and some now regretting the action taken to screw over the match.  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #546: May 06, 2021 11:35:51 am
      I would support any protest from United, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chav if it helps get the snakes out at the top. With any protest you always get a minority there for one thing ( TROUBLE)  which is unfortunate.

No condemnation from me what so ever, in fact it would be a tap on the back. Hopefully fans across the board will continue there goal to try and get the w@nkers out.

Do you not condemn the actions that ended up with two people in hospital , flares and bottles thrown at people and did you see the abuse aimed at Carragher , Souness and of course the chanting

What did any of that have to do with getting the owners out
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #547: May 06, 2021 11:38:15 am
      He talks utter nonsense Higgy, pretty standard of him these days, Think I prefer having  Heimy back.  :lmao:

Was there not a planned protest to stop the team getting on the plane to Roma ? Or is it too risky because the Europa Lge is on the line ?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #548: May 06, 2021 11:46:24 am

Do you not condemn the actions that ended up with two people in hospital , flares and bottles thrown at people and did you see the abuse aimed at Carragher , Souness and of course the chanting

What did any of that have to do with getting the owners out

Of course I condemn the mine less few, it's not warranted in any shape or form. Hopefully caught and justice given to the  F***ing idiots,  but for most it was meant as a harmless protest. Im not a lover of flares being old school but don't see harm in them when used the right what.

As we all know people can read my post out of context like that moron does. Anyway, hope that explains it a little more.

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #549: May 06, 2021 12:23:39 pm

Of course I condemn the mine less few, it's not warranted in any shape or form. Hopefully caught and justice given to the  f**king idiots,  but for most it was meant as a harmless protest. Im not a lover of flares being old school but don't see harm in them when used the right what.

Maybe I’m not sharp enough. But can help me understand what you condemn and don’t? I read these two posts and became confused. Before anyone jumps ahead to conclude or judge, context is really important. Maybe I don’t understand enough.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #550: May 06, 2021 12:34:41 pm
      Maybe I’m not sharp enough. But can help me understand what you condemn and don’t? I read these two posts and became confused. Before anyone jumps ahead to conclude or judge, context is really important. Maybe I don’t understand enough.

No that's a valid point, I'm guilty of not explaining myself properly in the original post. credit where credits due Lallana basically asked for clarification without jumping to conclusions.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #551: May 06, 2021 12:56:14 pm
      No that's a valid point, I'm guilty of not explaining myself properly in the original post. credit where credits due Lallana basically asked for clarification without jumping to conclusions.

I guess you don’t condemn their intention to get the owners out, but perhaps their violent approach? Just me wild guess. I could be misunderstanding you. Hence a question. Don’t take it as me judgement on ya... ;D

Quick Reply