Trending Topics

Next match: Norwich v LFC [Premier League] Sat 14th Aug @ 3:00 pm
      Carrow Road

Today is the 19th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Southampton

Alisson
      40 (65.6%)
      Trent Alexander Arnold
      3 (4.9%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Phillips
      9 (14.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      6 (9.8%)
      Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Mo Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: May 11, 2021 10:10:02 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 3898 times
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #325: May 08, 2021 10:45:17 pm
      Well done to Jürgen and the team for a hard working win,big shout out to Thiago for scoring his first of hopefully many goals and a good solid performance.Bring on the red sh*te from Manchester.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,041 posts | 157 
      Reply #326: May 08, 2021 10:51:44 pm
      A little fortunate, not much in it, but will take the win.

Phillips was a monster, so was Ali.

Hope Kabak is back for Thursday - we cannot go into that with Rhys and Phillips against Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood, we will be eaten alive.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,821 posts | 2253 
      Reply #327: May 08, 2021 11:04:30 pm
      F**k me at 10pm last night in another thread we had zero chance make your mind up

I still think we have no chance, but I do love a bit of reverse psychology
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,821 posts | 2253 
      Reply #328: May 08, 2021 11:07:14 pm

Not really - it wasn’t the most exciting and they had a few chances but solid 3 points.

It’s just funny reading - bring on fresh legs !! ( manager makes sub ) - why the f**k did you bring him on  :lmao:

The sooner we get fans back in the ground rbe better

Are you a forum Marshall or something? You love all this retrospective nonsense, giving the billy big bollocks ‘told you so’ attitude.

Bet you’re a Covid Marshall too.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,756 posts | 1043 
      Reply #329: May 08, 2021 11:17:11 pm
      Are you a forum Marshall or something? You love all this retrospective nonsense, giving the billy big bollocks ‘told you so’ attitude.

Bet you’re a Covid Marshall too.

As opposed to the forum overreacting spanner like yourself - some of the crap you post even before the games, you’re like annoying Frank two rows back who spends 90mins slagging the team then slumps out of the stadium when we win.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,694 posts | 1686 
      Reply #330: May 08, 2021 11:20:54 pm
      Really don’t enjoy watching us at the moment. I was expecting Southampton to score an equaliser for ages so it was just a massive relief when Thiago scored. I’m mentally exhausted where I can’t even be arsed talking about the game. I’m just made up we got the three points.

Four cup finals left. We have to win all of them to have any chance of a top four finish. With city rolling over for Chelsea earlier it looks like Leicester are the team to catch. A win at old Trafford puts us three behind them and they have to go to city, Chelsea and then host spurs whereas we have burnley, wba and palace.

This upcoming game against united is f**king huge.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,884 posts | 376 
      Reply #331: May 08, 2021 11:23:53 pm
      Fortunate enough to predict a 2  0 win against Southampton. Although more importantly 3 points for the Reds. Simply move on to the next game on Thursday.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,821 posts | 2253 
      Reply #332: May 08, 2021 11:24:35 pm

As opposed to the forum overreacting spanner like yourself - some of the crap you post even before the games, you’re like annoying Frank two rows back who spends 90mins slagging the team then slumps out of the stadium when we win.

Forum Marshall 🚨
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,333 posts | 621 
      Reply #333: May 08, 2021 11:25:37 pm
      Fortunate enough to predict a 2  0 win against Southampton. Although more importantly 3 points for the Reds. Simply move on to the next game on Thursday.

Me too!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,712 posts | 774 
      Reply #334: May 08, 2021 11:33:51 pm
      Really don’t enjoy watching us at the moment. I was expecting Southampton to score an equaliser for ages so it was just a massive relief when Thiago scored. I’m mentally exhausted where I can’t even be arsed talking about the game. I’m just made up we got the three points.

Four cup finals left. We have to win all of them to have any chance of a top four finish. With city rolling over for Chelsea earlier it looks like Leicester are the team to catch. A win at old Trafford puts us three behind them and they have to go to city, Chelsea and then host spurs whereas we have burnley, wba and palace.

This upcoming game against united is f**king huge.

They have got Utd not City and there is a good chance the fuckers will roll over for them and blame the schedule
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,472 posts | 772 
      Reply #335: May 09, 2021 12:04:07 am
      Nice to see all the usual infighting amongst the regular suspects.  Makes me feel like things are finally back to normal!!  🤣

In all seriousness -- it was a good win.  Great to see Mane on the score sheet -- will do a world of good for his confidence!!  Also great to see Thiago notch his first goal in Red!! 

We need to win out and hope that Leicester drop some serious points in their run in.  Not hopeless yet, but we need a good rub of the green, which we haven't had all.season so maybe we are due ???
      PTU
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts | 18 
      Reply #336: May 09, 2021 02:32:31 am
      We need to win out and hope that Leicester drop some serious points in their run in.  Not hopeless yet, but we need a good rub of the green, which we haven't had all.season so maybe we are due ???

Leicester's next 3 games are against United, Chelsea and Spurs. When you consider how our season is going, I'm afraid to even entertain the idea, but there might still be an opportunity for us to finish in the top 4.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,838 posts | 5438 
      Reply #337: May 09, 2021 04:22:58 am
      What a depressing performance

Pandemic footy, it's f**king boring. More like training ground stuff from us at times. Three points though.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,821 posts | 2253 
      Reply #338: May 09, 2021 07:19:18 am
      Nice to see all the usual infighting amongst the regular suspects.  Makes me feel like things are finally back to normal!!  🤣

In all seriousness -- it was a good win.  Great to see Mane on the score sheet -- will do a world of good for his confidence!!  Also great to see Thiago notch his first goal in Red!! 

Mane looked hungry and strong - love him
      CurraghRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #339: May 09, 2021 10:43:50 am
      Look, being realistic, can't see us winning our last 4 games, we where very poor last night in a 'must win game', although we won it in the end.

The pace we play at is shocking with a high percentage of our passing going backwards.

Ali made 6 saves last night, against a team that have won 2 games of their last 17,  I really fear for Thursday night.

I can see a few red cards on Thursday night.

Although a huge step back I would take 5th or 6th, any place bar 7th and that new European competition.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,582 posts | 25 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #340: May 09, 2021 11:23:17 am
      Look, being realistic, can't see us winning our last 4 games, we where very poor last night in a 'must win game', although we won it in the end.

The pace we play at is shocking with a high percentage of our passing going backwards.

Ali made 6 saves last night, against a team that have won 2 games of their last 17,  I really fear for Thursday night.

I can see a few red cards on Thursday night.

Although a huge step back I would take 5th or 6th, any place bar 7th and that new European competition.
      We don't give up until it's impossible ,yes we are not a well oiled machine this season due to various reasons and I firmly believe in us to give our all , new European competition ? not for me ,I like the champions league
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,828 posts | 2944 
      Reply #341: May 09, 2021 11:44:31 am
      Missed this one but hope to see the midweek game.

Have to say I'm still in and out of interest with football at the moment.

Good to see Sadio on the mark and judging by the highlights Salah did everything but score?
      6stringer
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,048 posts | 516 
      Reply #342: May 09, 2021 12:36:23 pm
      I was getting dizzy watching so many players switching in and out of position with absolutely no affect.
      Front three switching, midfield three switching holding positions and both full backs, not only switching but once again, getting caught with their pants down far to high up the pitch and leaving both centre halves exposed.

Too slow in our build up play again and that is mainly because our midfield play this “ to you to me to you to me” which allows the opposition to regroup.
      There were one or two times last night when it was played quick into feet to the forwards and it opened them up, sadly it didn’t happen often enough for me.
      Another couple of times the ball landed at Fabinho’s feet 5yds outside the area with a bit space and he played it out wide. Last season he’d have put his laces through it.
      I suppose it’s a confidence thing and that is, for me, the main area Jürgen and his team have to work on before the start of next season.

As Huyton Red said earlier, Pandemic Footy is sh*te.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,128 posts | 501 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #343: May 09, 2021 01:04:09 pm
      A wins a win, mane getting a goal could spur him into some decent form over next 4 games.

Clean sheet with another different CB pairing. Well done ali, some cracking saves, but also some dodgy passes again. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,905 posts | 4287 
      Reply #344: May 09, 2021 01:28:35 pm
      Missed this one but hope to see the midweek game.

Have to say I'm still in and out of interest with football at the moment.

Good to see Sadio on the mark and judging by the highlights Salah did everything but score?

I guess so, but since his job is to score……. 😁

He got jumped on by Phillips at one point for not defending so that was good to see.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,848 posts | 787 
      Reply #345: May 09, 2021 03:06:43 pm
      I missed the game and while there’s still hope of top 4 finish it’s still so discouraging that we laid 2 eggs against Leeds and Newcastle where not for that we would have been in prime position to finish 4th, maybe even 3rd.

Cannot predict what will happen the last 4 games but should we miss out on CL we have no one to blame but ourselves.

This season can’t end soon enough.
      tezmac

• 8,284 posts | 415 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #346: May 09, 2021 03:19:33 pm
      Leicester's next 3 games are against United, Chelsea and Spurs. When you consider how our season is going, I'm afraid to even entertain the idea, but there might still be an opportunity for us to finish in the top 4.

Don't forget West Ham
      tezmac

• 8,284 posts | 415 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #347: May 09, 2021 03:21:03 pm
      I missed the game and while there’s still hope of top 4 finish it’s still so discouraging that we laid 2 eggs against Leeds and Newcastle where not for that we would have been in prime position to finish 4th, maybe even 3rd.

Cannot predict what will happen the last 4 games but should we miss out on CL we have no one to blame but ourselves.

This season can’t end soon enough.

More important was the late capitulation against Leicester had we won that it's a 6 point difference
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,821 posts | 2253 
      Reply #348: May 09, 2021 03:23:34 pm
      I guess so, but since his job is to score……. 😁

He got jumped on by Phillips at one point for not defending so that was good to see.

I’m liking Phillips more and more
      PTU
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts | 18 
      Reply #349: May 09, 2021 07:43:33 pm

West Ham in the top 4? Don't think my brain can process that.
      They do have reasonably easy fixtures.  :(

Quick Reply