Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Southampton

Alisson
      40 (65.6%)
      Trent Alexander Arnold
      3 (4.9%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Phillips
      9 (14.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      6 (9.8%)
      Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Mo Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: May 11, 2021 10:10:02 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12704 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: May 08, 2021 10:23:04 pm
      Thank you Micah Richards
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #323: May 08, 2021 10:33:14 pm
      Robbo is the palest person ever

Hes just ran around for 90 mins and not  a hint of red
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #324: May 08, 2021 10:43:38 pm
      Thiago MOTM by a mile for me, some lovely disguised passes, put in the yards and finished off the game with a beauty when we'd been on the ropes for abar 20 mins. There was a spell of a couple of minutes in the first half where he dropped into the 6 position and started pinging the ball around like Xabi Alonso and he actually looked like the player that was at Bayern. He did well at 8 but he never looks as commanding a presence there as he does at 6. He runs the game from 6. Not from 8, though he did well today.

Not exactly an inspiring performance by the side as a whole. Hanging on at home to a Southampton side with the worst form in the league?

I don't understand how a team that hasn't played for 2 weeks can run out of gas with barely an hour of the game gone. Our pressing was a joke. You've got massive Southampton centre backs taking the piss out of our front 3. See the ball, see the ball, see the ball, oh dear, Ward-Prowse has got it now, bad luck lads. If that's as much effort as the front 3 (or front 6) can muster then we might as well just give up pressing at all, forget the high line and just play on the counter. We're hanging Phillips and Rhys out to dry asking them to play up to the halfway line when we can't put any pressure on the ball whatsoever.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #325: May 08, 2021 10:45:17 pm
      Well done to JĆ¼rgen and the team for a hard working win,big shout out to Thiago for scoring his first of hopefully many goals and a good solid performance.Bring on the red sh*te from Manchester.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #326: May 08, 2021 10:51:44 pm
      A little fortunate, not much in it, but will take the win.

Phillips was a monster, so was Ali.

Hope Kabak is back for Thursday - we cannot go into that with Rhys and Phillips against Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood, we will be eaten alive.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #327: May 08, 2021 11:04:30 pm
      F**k me at 10pm last night in another thread we had zero chance make your mind up

I still think we have no chance, but I do love a bit of reverse psychology
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #328: May 08, 2021 11:07:14 pm

Not really - it wasnā€™t the most exciting and they had a few chances but solid 3 points.

Itā€™s just funny reading - bring on fresh legs !! ( manager makes sub ) - why the f**k did you bring him on  :lmao:

The sooner we get fans back in the ground rbe better

Are you a forum Marshall or something? You love all this retrospective nonsense, giving the billy big bollocks ā€˜told you soā€™ attitude.

Bet youā€™re a Covid Marshall too.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #329: May 08, 2021 11:17:11 pm
      Are you a forum Marshall or something? You love all this retrospective nonsense, giving the billy big bollocks ā€˜told you soā€™ attitude.

Bet youā€™re a Covid Marshall too.

As opposed to the forum overreacting spanner like yourself - some of the crap you post even before the games, youā€™re like annoying Frank two rows back who spends 90mins slagging the team then slumps out of the stadium when we win.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #330: May 08, 2021 11:20:54 pm
      Really donā€™t enjoy watching us at the moment. I was expecting Southampton to score an equaliser for ages so it was just a massive relief when Thiago scored. Iā€™m mentally exhausted where I canā€™t even be arsed talking about the game. Iā€™m just made up we got the three points.

Four cup finals left. We have to win all of them to have any chance of a top four finish. With city rolling over for Chelsea earlier it looks like Leicester are the team to catch. A win at old Trafford puts us three behind them and they have to go to city, Chelsea and then host spurs whereas we have burnley, wba and palace.

This upcoming game against united is F***ing huge.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #331: May 08, 2021 11:23:53 pm
      Fortunate enough to predict a 2  0 win against Southampton. Although more importantly 3 points for the Reds. Simply move on to the next game on Thursday.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #332: May 08, 2021 11:24:35 pm

As opposed to the forum overreacting spanner like yourself - some of the crap you post even before the games, youā€™re like annoying Frank two rows back who spends 90mins slagging the team then slumps out of the stadium when we win.

Forum Marshall 🚨
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #333: May 08, 2021 11:25:37 pm
      Fortunate enough to predict a 2  0 win against Southampton. Although more importantly 3 points for the Reds. Simply move on to the next game on Thursday.

Me too!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #334: May 08, 2021 11:33:51 pm
      Really donā€™t enjoy watching us at the moment. I was expecting Southampton to score an equaliser for ages so it was just a massive relief when Thiago scored. Iā€™m mentally exhausted where I canā€™t even be arsed talking about the game. Iā€™m just made up we got the three points.

Four cup finals left. We have to win all of them to have any chance of a top four finish. With city rolling over for Chelsea earlier it looks like Leicester are the team to catch. A win at old Trafford puts us three behind them and they have to go to city, Chelsea and then host spurs whereas we have burnley, wba and palace.

This upcoming game against united is f**king huge.

They have got Utd not City and there is a good chance the fuckers will roll over for them and blame the schedule
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #335: May 09, 2021 12:04:07 am
      Nice to see all the usual infighting amongst the regular suspects.  Makes me feel like things are finally back to normal!!  🤣

In all seriousness -- it was a good win.  Great to see Mane on the score sheet -- will do a world of good for his confidence!!  Also great to see Thiago notch his first goal in Red!! 

We need to win out and hope that Leicester drop some serious points in their run in.  Not hopeless yet, but we need a good rub of the green, which we haven't had all.season so maybe we are due ???
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #336: May 09, 2021 02:32:31 am
      We need to win out and hope that Leicester drop some serious points in their run in.  Not hopeless yet, but we need a good rub of the green, which we haven't had all.season so maybe we are due ???

Leicester's next 3 games are against United, Chelsea and Spurs. When you consider how our season is going, I'm afraid to even entertain the idea, but there might still be an opportunity for us to finish in the top 4.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #337: May 09, 2021 04:22:58 am
      What a depressing performance

Pandemic footy, it's F***ing boring. More like training ground stuff from us at times. Three points though.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #338: May 09, 2021 07:19:18 am
      Nice to see all the usual infighting amongst the regular suspects.  Makes me feel like things are finally back to normal!!  🤣

In all seriousness -- it was a good win.  Great to see Mane on the score sheet -- will do a world of good for his confidence!!  Also great to see Thiago notch his first goal in Red!! 

Mane looked hungry and strong - love him
      CurraghRed
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #339: May 09, 2021 10:43:50 am
      Look, being realistic, can't see us winning our last 4 games, we where very poor last night in a 'must win game', although we won it in the end.

The pace we play at is shocking with a high percentage of our passing going backwards.

Ali made 6 saves last night, against a team that have won 2 games of their last 17,  I really fear for Thursday night.

I can see a few red cards on Thursday night.

Although a huge step back I would take 5th or 6th, any place bar 7th and that new European competition.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #340: May 09, 2021 11:23:17 am
      Look, being realistic, can't see us winning our last 4 games, we where very poor last night in a 'must win game', although we won it in the end.

The pace we play at is shocking with a high percentage of our passing going backwards.

Ali made 6 saves last night, against a team that have won 2 games of their last 17,  I really fear for Thursday night.

I can see a few red cards on Thursday night.

Although a huge step back I would take 5th or 6th, any place bar 7th and that new European competition.
      We don't give up until it's impossible ,yes we are not a well oiled machine this season due to various reasons and I firmly believe in us to give our all , new European competition ? not for me ,I like the champions league
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #341: May 09, 2021 11:44:31 am
      Missed this one but hope to see the midweek game.

Have to say I'm still in and out of interest with football at the moment.

Good to see Sadio on the mark and judging by the highlights Salah did everything but score?
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #342: May 09, 2021 12:36:23 pm
      I was getting dizzy watching so many players switching in and out of position with absolutely no affect.
      Front three switching, midfield three switching holding positions and both full backs, not only switching but once again, getting caught with their pants down far to high up the pitch and leaving both centre halves exposed.

Too slow in our build up play again and that is mainly because our midfield play this ā€œ to you to me to you to meā€ which allows the opposition to regroup.
      There were one or two times last night when it was played quick into feet to the forwards and it opened them up, sadly it didnā€™t happen often enough for me.
      Another couple of times the ball landed at Fabinhoā€™s feet 5yds outside the area with a bit space and he played it out wide. Last season heā€™d have put his laces through it.
      I suppose itā€™s a confidence thing and that is, for me, the main area JĆ¼rgen and his team have to work on before the start of next season.

As Huyton Red said earlier, Pandemic Footy is sh*te.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #343: May 09, 2021 01:04:09 pm
      A wins a win, mane getting a goal could spur him into some decent form over next 4 games.

Clean sheet with another different CB pairing. Well done ali, some cracking saves, but also some dodgy passes again. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #344: May 09, 2021 01:28:35 pm
      Missed this one but hope to see the midweek game.

Have to say I'm still in and out of interest with football at the moment.

Good to see Sadio on the mark and judging by the highlights Salah did everything but score?

I guess so, but since his job is to scoreā€¦ā€¦. 😁

He got jumped on by Phillips at one point for not defending so that was good to see.

Quick Reply