Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Thu 13th May 20:15

Read 13657 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Thu 13th May 20:15
      Reply #115: May 12, 2021 05:31:49 am
      Mo set to play his 200th game for us. Hat-trick coming up!
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #116: May 12, 2021 07:02:16 am
      Lads if we dont get 4th its not because of tonight

Fulham and West Brom relegated, 7 points dropped there.

Newcastle, Brighton Southampton,, 3 poor sides, we dropped 10 points and another 3 v Burnley.

20 points we should have.

Should have? Maybe that type of arrogance is part of the issue
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #117: May 12, 2021 07:50:00 am

How is it arrogant to expect to beat the weakest sides in the league, at home as well in most cases?

People really do swap views around here to suit arguments. Anyone who says they dont expect us to beat thos teams Ive mentioned above is a liar. And if we beat those teaams and get the points on the board yestetdays result is irtelevant and nobody pretends to care about west ham
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2021 07:56:10 am by Brian78 »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      Reply #118: May 12, 2021 07:52:15 am
      Oh yeah because that's the spirit.

Get your finger out your ass and give the team some support

Please dont quote me, i dont do it to you and you post an awful lot of w*nk that i could join in tearing apart, good boy
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #119: May 12, 2021 07:58:30 am
      Im not arsed about west ham. I know why we will miss out on top 4 and Ill not make excuses to cover it

A couple of fans got their rose tinted glasses on tonite Brian. It's only because it's United so sort of make sense if that makes sense to you. Reading your post over the years I don't think you even have a pair, fair play mate.  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #120: May 12, 2021 08:01:36 am
      Are they really planning another protest before our game or is that all BS?

F***ing soft Manc Cu*ts....chicken shits!!!

Hope we wipe them cu*ts!

Heard on radio one planned Ian.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      Reply #121: May 12, 2021 08:07:59 am
      A couple of fans got their rose tinted glasses on tonite Brian. It's only because it's United so sort of make sense if that makes sense to you. Reading your post over the years I don't think you even have a pair, fair play mate.  :)

I think they are right to be angry with whats its gone on,  I would be only Im looking at what we have done to ourselves prior to it. We do our own job and last night is irrelevant.

We should be anywhere from 70 to 77 points and had we been then we would be delighted Leicester got that result last night
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #122: May 12, 2021 08:09:36 am

Arrogance? We lost our arrogance and that is the issue.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #123: May 12, 2021 08:20:00 am
      I think they are right to be angry with whats its gone on,  I would be only Im looking at what we have done to ourselves prior to it. We do our own job and last night is irrelevant.

We should be anywhere from 70 to 77 points and had we been then we would be delighted Leicester got that result last night

That's why I said sort of makes sense. I would be angry to if rolls were reversed. When United got poor results against Everton and Sheffield United I knew then we'd lost any chance of winning the league. We all hurt and get disappointed as fans which is fully understandable.

It's been a season of hell for everyone apart from City and Chavs who have the money to make quick fixes. If United & Liverpool don't buy well in summer transfer market then I think we could well be looking above our heads and seeing them both above us.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #124: May 12, 2021 08:25:10 am
      How is it arrogant to expect to beat the weakest sides in the league, at home as well in most cases?

People really do swap views around here to suit arguments. Anyone who says they dont expect us to beat thos teams Ive mentioned above is a liar. And if we beat those teaams and get the points on the board yestetdays result is irtelevant and nobody pretends to care about west ham

It wasn't a criticism of you mate,

But now you change it to home? You counted all points against those sides earlier, but now it's, most cases at home?

Arrogance and confidence are different things, yes you can and should be confident but arrogance leads to complacency and maybe that's one of the issues along with many others this season

But personally I have full confidence that this manager and this group of players will get that back next season

Arrogance? We lost our arrogance and that is the issue.

I'm not sure you know what arrogance is mate if you think we have been arrogant over the last 2-3 years and losing that is the issue

That's why I said sort of makes sense. I would be angry to if rolls were reversed. When United got poor results against Everton and Sheffield United I knew then we'd lost any chance of winning the league. We all hurt and get disappointed as fans which is fully understandable.

It's been a season of hell for everyone apart from City and Chavs who have the money to make quick fixes. If United & Liverpool don't buy well in summer transfer market then I think we could well be looking above our heads and seeing them both above us.

I'm not angry at Utd, the day I want them to do us a favour is the day I give up

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021 08:30:31 am by L4.19Times »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      Reply #125: May 12, 2021 08:32:58 am
      It wasn't a criticism of you mate,

But now you change it to home? You counted all points against those sides earlier, but now it's, most cases at home?

Arrogance and confidence are different things, yes you can and should be confident but arrogance leads to complacency and maybe that's one of the issues along with many others this season

But personally I have full confidence that this manager and this group of players will get that back next season

I'm not sure you know what arrogance is mate if you think we have been arrogant over the last 2-3 years and losing that is the issue

I'm not anygy at Utd, the day I want them to do us a favour is the day I give up

Sorry I took it the wrong way, too early of a start this morning!!

But I do expect to beat all of them teams, ESPECIALLY at home. We fooked away crazy points at Anfield this year, ok away from home you never know but at Anfield yes I expect 3 points off everyone especially the worst teams in it.

The players as champions should have a degree of arrogance, as Clint said, that vanished. Its been a crazy season for this team but I for one wont say we missed top 4 because of what utd done.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #126: May 12, 2021 08:45:45 am
      Sorry I took it the wrong way, too early of a start this morning!!

But I do expect to beat all of them teams, ESPECIALLY at home. We fooked away crazy points at Anfield this year, ok away from home you never know but at Anfield yes I expect 3 points off everyone especially the worst teams in it.

The players as champions should have a degree of arrogance, as Clint said, that vanished. Its been a crazy season for this team but I for one wont say we missed top 4 because of what utd done.

No I wouldn't either

Any team who loses 6 at home on the bounce doesn't deserve to get in the top 4, the fact we are still in with a chance at this point tells you how poor and inconsistent the league has been this season

But personally I'm happy to cut them the slack they have built up, I think there are many reasons behind it

We'll be back next season I have no doubt
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      Reply #127: May 12, 2021 08:49:34 am
      No I wouldn't either

Any team who loses 6 at home on the bounce doesn't deserve to get in the top 4, the fact we are still in with a chance at this point tells you how poor and inconsistent the league has been this season

But personally I'm happy to cut them the slack they have built up, I think there are many reasons behind it

We'll be back next season I have no doubt

Funny thing is, when you realise the points we have dropped that we should not have, you see its a freak season. We could still be in the top 2 but for those results. That does give great reason to believe next season will be back to what we expect, no way will we drop those points again
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #128: May 12, 2021 09:18:50 am
      Its done now.

But If I were a united fan and we still had an outside chance of winning the league, no way id have wanted my manager to change so many players.

But perhaps ole at the wheel had decided league was lost, slim chance of city winning 0 points for rest of season.

Anyway at least the subs will be knackered on thursday.  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #129: May 12, 2021 09:19:50 am
      And tbf, they only lost by 1 goal, and seemingly was some controversy around that, throw in or corner ?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #130: May 12, 2021 09:31:39 am
      It goes to prove Utd are not that good, when they field weakened sides. In our case we have been forced to field weakened sides solely through injury. Come next season we should be back to our best.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #131: May 12, 2021 09:43:40 am
      The Hobbit fielded that team last night so he could put his first choice eleven out against us.
      It's all about putting that ultimate feather in their cap. Fergie used to do it all the time  :mad:
      That in itself should give our lads the strength and belief to stand up to them.

As a certain Mr Keegan said a few years ago in a post match finger pointing rage .... "I'd love it if went there and won'  ;D

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #132: May 12, 2021 09:45:07 am
      And tbf, they only lost by 1 goal, and seemingly was some controversy around that, throw in or corner ?

I saw a stat that last nights Man U team totalled £280m where as the Leicester team totalled £230m.
      Nutz !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      Reply #133: May 12, 2021 09:52:14 am
      Anyone start Gini?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #134: May 12, 2021 09:58:47 am

Think he'll have to as I can see Fabinho dropping back to defence for this one. Don't think Jürgen trusts Rhys.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #135: May 12, 2021 10:19:47 am
      Think he'll have to as I can see Fabinho dropping back to defence for this one. Don't think Jürgen trusts Rhys.

I don't think it's a case of not trusting him, but he's very raw, the lad has gone from playing in the national league north to for the reigning champions (up till yesterday)
      I think it's only fair he's not a regular, especially in certain games

He's played 15 times at the top level of the game, he's far ahead of where his true level of development is
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #136: May 12, 2021 10:34:05 am
      I saw a stat that last nights Man U team totalled £280m where as the Leicester team totalled £230m.
      Nutz !

Jeez. so not so much a B team then. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #137: May 12, 2021 10:34:55 am

shoe in. aye.

Not much options just now, it Gini or Jones, but as noted above Fab may be in defence too.

Quick Reply