Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Thu 13th May 20:15

Read 12743 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Thu 13th May 20:15
      Reply #46: May 10, 2021 03:10:57 pm
      I've made sure Leicester getting 3 points by the game being called off because of the fans.  :f_whistle:  However, We will be playing the Liverpool match with a full strength side with no protest march planned  ;D

Looks like you'll be without Slabhead, making your already weak defence even weaker,
      Mathematically you lot can still nick it if everything goes your way, you would have to win every game, and your noisy neighbours continue to wobble,  but you would need Slabhead and everyone on top form, but we Will  probably scupper your remote chance on Thursday 😂
      So don't get too excited Keith!

YNWA

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #47: May 10, 2021 03:27:16 pm

Looks like you'll be without Slabhead, making your already weak defence even weaker,
      Mathematically you lot can still nick it if everything goes your way, you would have to win every game, and your noisy neighbours continue to wobble,  but you would need Slabhead and everyone on top form, but we Will  probably scupper your remote chance on Thursday 😂
      So don't get too excited Keith!

YNWA

Not excited mate gave that hope up when we lost to Sheffield United and drew with Everton. Only concerned about Europe Cup now. To me finishing second in the league is same as finishing 4th.

No idea about team selection for Thursday though, not heard anything yet.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #48: May 10, 2021 03:58:51 pm
      A draw will put us level with West Ham, ahead on goals scored.  Nobody wants to talk about Europa but that’s my goal. Champions League will be a bonus.   

We currently sit 9th in UEFA coefficient club ranking and next year we replace the zero points we earned in 16/17 for whatever we earn in 21/22.   If we do well in the Europa we could move up to around 5th in coefficient.  That would be massive going in to 22/23.  What we can’t afford is replacing zero with zero.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #49: May 10, 2021 04:05:21 pm
      must win end of.

Big fear is Rashford/Greenwood/Fernandes pace v Rhys and Nat

Think id sit deep, Fab and Thiago protecting that back line and counter attacking them, do them at their own game.

OX in the mid as the link to the front 3
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #50: May 10, 2021 05:23:23 pm
      Ole saying he will be forced to play a weakened side against Leicester so he can field a full strength team versus Liverpool! The Premier league need to do something, this is nothing to do with LFC, or Leicester for that matter, no team should gain an unfair advantage especially as both Leicester and ourselves could get top 4! I am sure Ole is being very even handed over this, not!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #51: May 10, 2021 06:10:11 pm
      Ole saying he will be forced to play a weakened side against Leicester so he can field a full strength team versus Liverpool! The Premier league need to do something, this is nothing to do with LFC, or Leicester for that matter, no team should gain an unfair advantage especially as both Leicester and ourselves could get top 4! I am sure Ole is being very even handed over this, not!

The thing is if the shoe was on the other foot we would say play the kids v Leicester and go all out v utd. Its natural from bitter rivalary.

Either way we just need to beat whatever utd put out. Leicester can drop more points after utd anyway so we need to do our own work
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #52: May 10, 2021 07:29:48 pm
      The thing is if the shoe was on the other foot we would say play the kids v Leicester and go all out v utd. Its natural from bitter rivalary.

Either way we just need to beat whatever utd put out. Leicester can drop more points after utd anyway so we need to do our own work

I agree entirely, the difference being we’d be charged with undermining the impartiality of the league! Had we rioted and prevented a game from being played, I truly do think we’d be treated differently!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #53: May 10, 2021 07:56:37 pm
      I get were you are coming from & it is frustrating  to say the least but it is what it is
      But in all honesty we have had numerous bites at the cherry to have a better chance of securing top four & we haven’t took them,we really can’t blame ole for our current predicament that unfortunately falls at our door .
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #54: May 10, 2021 08:14:45 pm
      Surely it makes sense - the most chance of injury will be against Leicester not us

Anyway we will struggle there as usual, our lacklustre couldn’t give a F**k attitude has cost us so much this season
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #55: May 10, 2021 09:46:28 pm
      Sick thing is already been confirmed by Ole weaken side for the Leicester game.  Hopefully saving his big guns for you lot.  :lmao:

So if foxes beat you, and then we do. How far behind your lot will foxes be. And will you have the jitters before the uefa final 😊
      Could be a massive head F**k this could. And I sincerely hope it is 😂
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #56: May 10, 2021 10:16:47 pm
      Lizard already saying going to rest against Leicester really cannot stand him and I hope more than ever we turn these over now
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #57: May 10, 2021 10:51:16 pm

Anthony Taylor is the ref & David Coote in the VAR room. Both from greater Manchester! Game over before it starts!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #58: May 10, 2021 10:51:41 pm
      Lizard already saying going to rest against Leicester really cannot stand him and I hope more than ever we turn these over now

Hopefully that type of tactic / mentality will work against them. cu*ts
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #59: May 10, 2021 10:51:57 pm
      Anthony Taylor is the ref & David Coote in the VAR room. Both from greater Manchester! Game over before it starts!

F**k sake
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #60: May 10, 2021 10:53:39 pm

Couldn't make it up! F**k the Premier league management!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #61: May 10, 2021 11:00:14 pm
      Really hope we put in a good performance, by beating Utd, thereby taking all three points on merit.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #62: May 10, 2021 11:21:40 pm
      Really hope we put in a good performance, by beating Utd, thereby taking all three points on merit.

I'd happily take 3 points through default of the game being cancelled due to protests, but of course I want to beat them.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: May 11, 2021 05:30:54 am
      So if foxes beat you, and then we do. How far behind your lot will foxes be. And will you have the jitters before the uefa final 😊
      Could be a massive head f**k this could. And I sincerely hope it is 😂

Already stated from a personal point of view not bothered if we finish 2nd or 4th as it's still the same result. Which  basically means we could lose both games but still be in our hands for top 4.

Priority now is Europa Cup so don't mind if he weakens team till the final. You lot will stop moaning if he does the same against Liverpool though won't you.  ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #64: May 11, 2021 06:41:24 am
      If we’re gonna play Tiago and Bob. I’d prefer Fab to Gini

You're right, would change him like you said.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #65: May 11, 2021 07:34:04 am

Surely the whole football world can recognise that as a set up can’t they WTF 🤷‍♂️
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #66: May 11, 2021 07:38:07 am
      Already stated from a personal point of view not bothered if we finish 2nd or 4th as it's still the same result. Which  basically means we could lose both games but still be in our hands for top 4.

Priority now is Europa Cup so don't mind if he weakens team till the final. You lot will stop moaning if he does the same against Liverpool though won't you.  ;D

To be honest Keith, I’d rather both sides be at full strength, snd we batter you. With our injuries at the mo that’s not possible, so we have to grasp any advantage possible.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #67: May 11, 2021 09:48:08 am

Always going to be the case. Don't think any manager wouldn't rotate for the middle game when you've got 3 in 5 days.

Leicester have struck lucky in a big way though with this, especially at a time when they looked like they might fall away again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #68: May 11, 2021 10:06:50 am
      To be honest Keith, I’d rather both sides be at full strength, snd we batter you. With our injuries at the mo that’s not possible, so we have to grasp any advantage possible.

With United being garunteed CL football with their win against Villa on Sunday I'm not convinced having full strength teams over the next 8/10 days would be to our benefit. I'd be fuming if Ole did that when priority has to be Europa Cup now. Every match should be geared round the final.

It's just unlucky for teams like yourselves could do with United fielding full strength teams, especially against Leicester.  I'm even hoping we don't have a full strength against you lot.  ;D This is one match where as I wouldn't be upset as I normally would be losing against you.

The simple truth is  we have bigger priorities now, never thought I'd be saying that this year.  ;D

Quick Reply