Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Thu 13th May 20:15

Read 13122 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-Match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Thu 13th May 20:15
      Reply #138: May 12, 2021 10:51:32 am
      shoe in. aye.

Not much options just now, it Gini or Jones, but as noted above Fab may be in defence too.

yeah I suppose under the circumstance, but surely someone else can captain the side
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #139: May 12, 2021 10:54:22 am
      yeah I suppose under the circumstance, but surely someone else can captain the side

Gini was picked by the players, stripping him will cause more issues than not

They- the manager and players - think of the captaincy far differently than the fans and they see him as one of their leaders along with Hendo, Milner  and Virg. As I said if you stripped him they wouldn't understand that, the contract situation will mean literally nothing to them
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #140: May 12, 2021 10:57:35 am

Klopp wont change that till next season.

Thats just reminded me, wheres Milner ?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #141: May 12, 2021 11:59:41 am
      Maybe they'll let the fans in, disrupt the game, and then reschedule it for a date that better suits them, like maybe when sladhead is back fit.
      Hate these wankers.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #142: May 12, 2021 12:13:35 pm
      Klopp wont change that till next season.

Thats just reminded me, wheres Milner ?

Missed last game with a "minor" injury. If he's fit he definitely starts at United
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #143: May 12, 2021 12:24:05 pm
      Missed last game with a "minor" injury. If he's fit he definitely starts at United

ah good good.

Can see Fab at CB for sure then.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #144: May 12, 2021 12:37:30 pm
      Thoughts on playing Jones on the left and Chamberlain on the right with Fab and Thiago tucked in behind?
      Jones and Chamberlain have pace and can run at them which is what we need to be doing.
      Play two up top, Jota and Salah and just go for it !!
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #145: May 12, 2021 12:47:44 pm
      I'm absolutely confident Klopp will finally bring in Ben Davies for this game

and we will get a 10 points deduction for selecting a player that doesn't exist
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #146: May 12, 2021 12:52:58 pm

and we will get a 10 points deduction for selecting a player that doesn't exist

;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #147: May 12, 2021 12:54:09 pm
      Thoughts on playing Jones on the left and Chamberlain on the right with Fab and Thiago tucked in behind?
      Jones and Chamberlain have pace and can run at them which is what we need to be doing.

cant see klopp changing much from last game tbh. possibly fimino starting instead of Jota.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #148: May 12, 2021 01:01:46 pm

Yeah, I like it, makes sense for this game, sit in and play on the counter

Chances of seeing it tomorrow = zero
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #149: May 12, 2021 01:49:43 pm
      No changes to injury situation says klopp.

Happy to by play Rys williams again too.

So probably very similar team as we had at weekend.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #150: May 12, 2021 02:21:12 pm
      Yeah, I like it, makes sense for this game, sit in and play on the counter

Chances of seeing it tomorrow = zero

I just think we need to be pressing them and on the few occasions I've seen Chamberlain this season he's been very quick, and he'll shoot if the opportunity arises, we just haven't had that this season from Milner and Gini, even Fabinho for that matter.
      Give the lad a chance and play him I say. Same goes for Jones too.

There's no point in our two full backs bombing up the wing to lose it down by the corner flag or cross it to no one then find themselves exposed with the likes of Greenwood and Rashford running at our two centre halves.

Alas, as you say, zero chance of it happening. :roll:
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #151: May 12, 2021 02:35:45 pm
      I just think we need to be pressing them and on the few occasions I've seen Chamberlain this season he's been very quick, and he'll shoot if the opportunity arises, we just haven't had that this season from Milner and Gini, even Fabinho for that matter.
      Give the lad a chance and play him I say. Same goes for Jones too.

There's no point in our two full backs bombing up the wing to lose it down by the corner flag or cross it to no one then find themselves exposed with the likes of Greenwood and Rashford running at our two centre halves.

Alas, as you say, zero chance of it happening. :roll:

Unfortunately i think he is right. Has been one of Klopp's shortcomings this season, unwilling to try something new/different.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #152: May 12, 2021 04:21:16 pm

He's a bit like Santa, only togs out in red once a year.

If that..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #153: May 12, 2021 05:08:40 pm
      Unfortunately i think he is right. Has been one of Klopp's shortcomings this season, unwilling to try something new/different.

seriously 2 CL finals runner up and winning the EPL what would he want to change having proved over two incredibly successful seasons that he kind of has an idea how to win games. I think we were also top of the league in Jan 2021. The wheels come off and the lads performed below standards they had set and didnt have the crowd to encourage them on just when they needed it. History tells us the Anfield crowd makes a huge difference especially when the team need support.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #154: May 12, 2021 05:18:08 pm
      Peter Robinson or Rick Parry would have been all over this and calling the original fixture the abandonment it was.

Hahaha Robinson maybe, Coco Parry would still be playing the numbers games in ticket ballots!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #155: May 12, 2021 05:36:19 pm
      seriously 2 CL finals runner up and winning the EPL what would he want to change having proved over two incredibly successful seasons that he kind of has an idea how to win games. I think we were also top of the league in Jan 2021. The wheels come off and the lads performed below standards they had set and didnt have the crowd to encourage them on just when they needed it. History tells us the Anfield crowd makes a huge difference especially when the team need support.

CORRECT.  ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #156: May 12, 2021 05:50:16 pm

Bang on, let’s roll up the sleeves and F***ing get back in the game next season. I love Klopp and I’m 100% sure we’ll be back firing
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #157: May 12, 2021 06:25:34 pm

Blame greatly lies squarely on the players who underperformed but previous success does not guarantee future success either. Coaches need to adapt and despite our struggles after xmas, particularly at Anfield, he never really changed his tactics. During a more normal season with fans and fewer injuries he may not have needed to but when we were struggling he was void of ideas also.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #158: May 12, 2021 06:38:02 pm
      Bang on, let’s roll up the sleeves and f**king get back in the game next season. I love Klopp and I’m 100% sure we’ll be back firing

He's never lost it LR. It's only because of squad size he couldn't compete along with the injuries you've sustained throughout 2021.

I now think even with just a normal season of injuries next year City & Chavs are favourite on paper. The summer transfer market means more this year than it has done for a while for Liverpool & United.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #159: May 12, 2021 07:28:45 pm
      there is a real stench in this forum have a good life I'm off
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 560 posts | 109 
      Reply #160: May 12, 2021 08:49:23 pm
      Just get in about these manc shitehouses Liverpool.

Quick Reply