Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v MUFC?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      68 (70.1%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1%)
      Nat Phillips
      3 (3.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (4.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      19 (19.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 17, 2021 10:09:07 pm

Manchester United 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24138 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: Manchester United 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #897: May 14, 2021 01:02:13 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #898: May 14, 2021 02:20:20 pm
      who is he talking about the phil foden lookalike?
      Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #899: May 14, 2021 02:33:22 pm
      Laughing emojis should be saved for Facebook! Nat isn't first choice, but he's giving 100%
      Give the lad a break, he ain't the best defender or footballer but he has done a job for us. He gives his all in team that up till last night had completely lost it,s way. We all wanted Fabinho back in midfield, Nat has allowed his manager to do just that. I for one would like to see how he would get on next to VVD. He might just surprise a few.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #900: May 14, 2021 02:42:32 pm
      Jeez, we beat Manure 4-2 and it could have been 7-2, and you're slagging off the players?  FFS - get a grip!

You get a grip Monsieur Exclamation Marks

Go and chew on a nice grenouille
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #901: May 14, 2021 03:16:54 pm

I agree with most of that, particularly the way losing the centre backs has affected the entire side, even the strikers, not just the defence. There's more pressure on a striker to score in any situation when he knows we've got Kabak, Phillips or Williams in defence, than when he knows we've got Virg, Joe or Joel back there. If you're confident of a clean sheet, it must help relax you in finishing situations.

Don't agree with the Henderson comments though in any shape or form. He's the biggest positive presence on this set of players. Even more than Virgil. We've missed him a lot. It's a shame lots of Reds continue to underappreciate what he brings to the equation. I saw the Southampton highlights from last season: Henderson's calmness to take his goal; also what might have been pass of the season that just sort of curled exactly where Mo wanted it so he could score. It was like something out of crown green bowls. Then seeing how we struggled to do anything more than just about win last weekend against Southampton until the late second. Henderson drives this team in a way other players just don't.

As for the 'penalty' last night, that wasn't a penalty in a million years. Bailly played the ball. If it was anything it was just an accidental clash of legs, but technically if a foul had to be given it should have been given to United as Phillips clashed with Bailly after Bailly had nudged the ball away. Taylor was sh*t last night, he let loads of fouls on our players go, but he got the 'pen' right. Credit to the players that we didn't even need a dodgy pen to win the game. Could easily have scored 7 on the night without it.

I couldn't understand how we got a free kick for our 2nd. Goofy chucked himself to the ground in our area like his leg had been broken, we broke down the right, we should have gone for the kill but Salah just stopped to let Goofy get attention. I was doing my nut at Salah. Then next thing Taylor's given a free-kick for us, not a dropped ball. Wtf? I must have missed something. Maybe my stream froze and then jumped ahead a few seconds. Did Salah get booted by a United player or something?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #902: May 14, 2021 04:19:28 pm
      I agree with most of that, particularly the way losing the centre backs has affected the entire side, even the strikers, not just the defence. There's more pressure on a striker to score in any situation when he knows we've got Kabak, Phillips or Williams in defence, than when he knows we've got Virg, Joe or Joel back there. If you're confident of a clean sheet, it must help relax you in finishing situations.

Don't agree with the Henderson comments though in any shape or form. He's the biggest positive presence on this set of players. Even more than Virgil. We've missed him a lot. It's a shame lots of Reds continue to underappreciate what he brings to the equation. I saw the Southampton highlights from last season: Henderson's calmness to take his goal; also what might have been pass of the season that just sort of curled exactly where Mo wanted it so he could score. It was like something out of crown green bowls. Then seeing how we struggled to do anything more than just about win last weekend against Southampton until the late second. Henderson drives this team in a way other players just don't.

As for the 'penalty' last night, that wasn't a penalty in a million years. Bailly played the ball. If it was anything it was just an accidental clash of legs, but technically if a foul had to be given it should have been given to United as Phillips clashed with Bailly after Bailly had nudged the ball away. Taylor was sh*t last night, he let loads of fouls on our players go, but he got the 'pen' right. Credit to the players that we didn't even need a dodgy pen to win the game. Could easily have scored 7 on the night without it.

I couldn't understand how we got a free kick for our 2nd. Goofy chucked himself to the ground in our area like his leg had been broken, we broke down the right, we should have gone for the kill but Salah just stopped to let Goofy get attention. I was doing my nut at Salah. Then next thing Taylor's given a free-kick for us, not a dropped ball. Wtf? I must have missed something. Maybe my stream froze and then jumped ahead a few seconds. Did Salah get booted by a United player or something?

It affects the whole team. I see some reds talk about how the senior pros have let us down this season (rather than the defence) but it’s not as simple as that.

I don’t under appreciate him. Henderson has proven himself to be a good addition to this squad but that’s it. He’s not crucial or vital to this squad like some would make you believe. There are half a dozen or so players in this squad who are far more important to us and anybody who says otherwise is talking pony.

I didn’t say whether I thought it was a penalty or not either. But I’d bet my right arm had it happened at the other end then they’d have got a penalty for it.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #903: May 14, 2021 04:39:49 pm
      Good. If you can moan and rip the team I can make fun of it.  There is a lot of space between "super fan" and "the lads have no hunger or desire to put in a performance."

I hate all this hindsight nonsense, going through posts to pick out ‘I told you so’ comments.

It’s sad - people react in different ways, I’m passionate and a pessimist - I would be the same down the pub.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #904: May 14, 2021 04:57:55 pm
      I hate all this hindsight nonsense, going through posts to pick out ‘I told you so’ comments.

It’s sad - people react in different ways, I’m passionate and a pessimist - I would be the same down the pub.

Me too. Except I'm an optimist. I'm allowed to interact with things people post on here. I never said you weren't a real fan
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #905: May 14, 2021 05:05:55 pm
      Me too. Except I'm an optimist. I'm allowed to interact with things people post on here. I never said you weren't a real fan

Fair enough mate 🙏🙌👍
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #906: May 14, 2021 05:15:32 pm
      who is he talking about the phil foden lookalike?

Check the start of the vid as it pans from right  to left the lad with the red trackie top and shorts. He was getting leathered by Liverpool fans on twitter last night. Looks like he uses lard to comb his fringe just like Foden.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #907: May 14, 2021 06:08:24 pm
      Loved Robbo's energy last night one occasion he was in their box we lost the ball but he sprinted back caught up with Rashford (?) tackled him  won the ball back and passed it and then asked the lads to give him a minute he was fu**ed but what attitude I loved that. Trent was sending in bombs all night that they couldnt deal with and Gini found that extra gear again allround we looked sharper.
      With that performance and others of the past few weeks I am very confident these lads can smell it again they can smell blood and they are going to inflict pain on the opposition in the remaining three games. I want Fat Sam humbled .
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #908: May 14, 2021 06:25:45 pm
      Great win, we deserved to win. I hope we can still qualify for the CL but we have been so poor this season that it would not be upsetting. Even against Man Utd, although we won, we were far from being the dominant team that we can and should be. I'm still not convinced by Thiago who makes too many mistakes and loses the ball too often for me. He'll probably improve next season.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #909: May 14, 2021 06:49:37 pm
      I don’t under appreciate him. Henderson has proven himself to be a good addition to this squad but that’s it. He’s not crucial or vital to this squad like some would make you believe. There are half a dozen or so players in this squad who are far more important to us and anybody who says otherwise is talking pony.

Sorry Lad but on that particular issue you are talking out of your hole.

Very sad.

There's a large section of our fanbase who still don't appreciate the man who drove us to Big Ears 6 and Title 19 in consecutive seasons.

Bad Reds.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #910: May 14, 2021 07:01:00 pm
      It’s never been about hunger or passion. Don’t think you’ll find a more passionate team than us in the league. Passion has always been there and it always will be there too, certainly under klopp.

There’s lot of reasons why we’ve struggled this season but the main issue was obviously having our three centre halves out for the whole season. It throws the whole team off balance.

People will go on about mane and Bobby having poor seasons, which is true, but there’s a lot more to it than that.

When we play VVD and Gomez we’re happy to leave them in a 2 on 2 situation because they’re both that good and they’re both quick too.

But playing Phillips and kabak who aren’t blessed with pace has meant Trent and robbo have been a lot more grounded, taking away a lot of our creativity.

Our front three have achieved immense numbers over the last few years but weirdly, none of them are what you would describe as a natural finisher or goal scorer. But because we usually create so many chances via the full backs, they’re bound to get on the score sheet at some point.

That hasn’t been the case this season so where mane for example would usually get half a dozen or so massive goal scoring opportunities, he’s probably only had the one instead. If that. They’re been restricted and limited to half chances instead.

The midfield has also been a big problem. We haven’t been able to press as aggressively as we normally would for the same reason. We can’t risk leaving the cbs exposed.

People will say we miss henderson (I don’t agree with that personally, look at yesterdays game for example). But I do think Fabinho is absolute key to our midfield.

We’ve had to play him at the back for a dozen games or so this season and we’re never the same side when he’s not in the midfield.  His reading of the game, positioning and his ability to play the ball forward (rather then sideways or backwards like most DMs) is second to none.

Thiago has been affected by not having Fabinho in the team but we've seen how good he is when Fabinho has been back in the midfield. I thought Thiago ran the game yesterday and anybody who didn’t notice him or don’t understand what he brings to the team needs to watch the game again and focus solely on him. But the point being, we’ve missed having the best of Thiago this season because of the re shape of the team.

Gini has also been affected because of the it and he has had a poor season by his standards too.

Then covid has played its part. I know it’s the same for everybody but I do think it’s affected us more than others. Look at Everton for example. Usually their atmosphere is quite toxic and they get on their players back. They’ve probably benefitted this season not having those divvys in the ground. We’re the opposite though. We get right behind the lads and even though it’s cliche, we can often be the 12th man. It’s no co incidence our home record has been dog sh*t this season.

Then there’s VAR. You might think I’m biased but we always seem to be on the end of horrendous decisions. Goals that go against us that never should. And when we have the same sort of incidents in our favour they never get given! Look at bailys tackle on Phillips in the box yesterday. It wasn’t given. But I guarantee if that was Phillips on one of your lads then you would have got a pen. We’ve had it all season.

I could go on. And on. And apologies for the lengthy post but one thing that isn’t a problem with this team is hunger or passion. You’ll see that when we win the title next season.

No apology needed it's a good balanced post, just got back from playing golf so to knackered to do a proper reply  :D
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #911: May 14, 2021 07:07:00 pm
      Loved Robbo's energy last night one occasion he was in their box we lost the ball but he sprinted back caught up with Rashford (?) tackled him  won the ball back and passed it and then asked the lads to give him a minute he was fu**ed but what attitude I loved that. Trent was sending in bombs all night that they couldnt deal with and Gini found that extra gear again allround we looked sharper.
      With that performance and others of the past few weeks I am very confident these lads can smell it again they can smell blood and they are going to inflict pain on the opposition in the remaining three games. I want Fat Sam humbled .

Aye, Robbo was like a man possessed at times last night, I dunno where he gets the energy from

Humbled? I want Fat Sam's neck corkscrewed so his face points permanently in the opposite direction so we never have to look at the smug tw*t's gob ever again
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #912: May 14, 2021 07:11:03 pm
      No apology needed it's a good balanced post, just got back from playing golf so to knackered to do a proper reply  :D

Those golf carts, Keith, yer sposed to drive them, not carry them
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #913: May 14, 2021 07:16:59 pm

Those golf carts, Keith, yer sposed to drive them, not carry them

:lmao: Bloody left my battery in the house for my trolley, last nites result had my head fu**ed up  ;D Least that's the excuse I'm giving  ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #914: May 14, 2021 08:21:08 pm
      :lmao: Bloody left my battery in the house for my trolley, last nites result had my head fu**ed up  ;D Least that's the excuse I'm giving  ;D

So Keith,
      What yòu are actually saying is that you need batteries to operate, you are fu**ed in the head and totally off your trolley, 
      not too disimillar to your manager, he too comes up with feeble excuses when things turn to ratshit, he reckons the prep for last night's debacle was down to the players having to spend all afternoon at OT, really?

His own fans were the cause of this defeat,  they caused the cancellation, and obviously the rearrangement,  they were responsible for the fixture pile up resulting in playing a weakened side V Leicester, they brought about a capitulation of your slim hopes of nicking the title off your noisy neighbours ,mathematically you could still have won it, albeit extremely unlikely but a chance all the same,

Yet good old Ole blames the preparation wasn't the same and it affected his players,  looks like Ole isn't just off his own trolley his depth is looking outwards too.

"FORE"

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #915: May 14, 2021 08:29:43 pm
      But it's true. Bailly & Lindelof were f**king awful and both found  wanting. Now not to compare Maguire with VVD but if he was in your team you wouldn't be needing to win the last 3 games to get a CL spot.

Are you F***ing serious Keith. Maguire is a F***ing donkey. Ive seen milk turn quicker, I wouldn't want that dick anywhere near our team under any circumstances. Think you lot bought him in desperation. Leicester have been stronger at the back since he left. Surely that tells you something.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #916: May 14, 2021 08:30:05 pm
      Sorry Lad but on that particular issue you are talking out of your hole.

Very sad.

There's a large section of our fanbase who still don't appreciate the man who drove us to Big Ears 6 and Title 19 in consecutive seasons.

Bad Reds.

He didn’t drive us to anything.

We had the best goalie, defence and attack in the whole of Europe.

The midfield three are obviously important but we would be a lot more fu**ed if we had lost any of the front three, any of the back four or if we lost Ali. And we’ve seen that this season.

So ‘sorry...lad’ ... it’s you talking out of your hole.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #917: May 14, 2021 08:31:42 pm

So Keith,
      What yòu are actually saying is that you need batteries to operate, you are fu**ed in the head and totally off your trolley, 
      not too disimillar to your manager, he too comes up with feeble excuses when things turn to ratshit, he reckons the prep for last night's debacle was down to the players having to spend all afternoon at OT, really?

His own fans were the cause of this defeat,  they caused the cancellation, and obviously the rearrangement,  they were responsible for the fixture pile up resulting in playing a weakened side V Leicester, they brought about a capitulation of your slim hopes of nicking the title off your noisy neighbours ,mathematically you could still have won it, albeit extremely unlikely but a chance all the same,

Yet good old Ole blames the preparation wasn't the same and it affected his players,  looks like Ole isn't just off his own trolley his depth is looking outwards too.

"FORE"

YNWA

I've not heard Ole's excuses as I've been off my trolley most of the day too  :lmao: There's no excuse needed, best team won simply as that. Ole like some of the fans on here are blinkered. #rosetintedglasses.  ;D

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #918: May 14, 2021 08:40:45 pm
      But it's true. Bailly & Lindelof were f**king awful and both found  wanting. Now not to compare Maguire with VVD but if he was in your team you wouldn't be needing to win the last 3 games to get a CL spot.

Are you f**king serious Keith. Maguire is a f**king donkey. Ive seen milk turn quicker, I wouldn't want that dick anywhere near our team under any circumstances. Think you lot bought him in desperation. Leicester have been stronger at the back since he left. Surely that tells you something.

I've said previously Gerns that's it's sad we have to rely on Maguire as I agree he isn't the best by a long way. However, you've read my post wrong. I was referring to VVD in your team not Maguire  ;D

Yeah Maguire was a bit of a panic buy at the time. He's improved though but not even close to your man. Leicester did well to get 80 million out of us  :f_doh:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #919: May 14, 2021 08:53:07 pm
      Couple of things I noted from last night. After being so cautious in the past, Jürgen actually set us up to have a go. And it paid off handsomely.
      Hope he realises in future, we take it to them, and they cant cope. we sit back, they'll come on to us.

One other, a bit more negative. The free kick towards the end that utd had. Our wall was set up, it had a gap to the right with a unit player stood there. He moves, and theres a huge hole to bend the ball through with a clear line to our right hand post.  Just like the one that beat us earlier in the season.
      Luckily, this time it went tits up for them, but aren't we learning  anything here ?

Just thought id mention it.

Any way, great performance, great result, still bouncing and gonna grab another cider now,.  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:

Quick Reply