Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v MUFC?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      68 (70.1%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1%)
      Nat Phillips
      3 (3.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (4.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      19 (19.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 17, 2021 10:09:07 pm

Manchester United 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23439 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Manchester United 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #920: May 14, 2021 08:58:44 pm
      its like a F***ing manc appreciation society in here what is wrong with you people. try going on Red  cafe oh and dont forget all the smilies .
      We made them look like the team they are just chumps who have benefitted from not having fans in the ground which proves what a load of soulless morons they are. You have either got very short memories or have been affected by some weird disorder which allows a fan of the most horrible club on the planet  time on this forum.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #921: May 14, 2021 09:01:33 pm
      Sorry Lad but on that particular issue you are talking out of your hole.

Very sad.

There's a large section of our fanbase who still don't appreciate the man who drove us to Big Ears 6 and Title 19 in consecutive seasons.

Bad Reds.

It starts with Jürgen and ends with him..We owe him every special night every special victory over the past 5 years or so. He also seems happier again now but the man lost his Mother and wasnt even able to go to her funeral he is part of our family the head of our footballing family .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #922: May 14, 2021 09:08:16 pm

Any way, great performance, great result, still bouncing and gonna grab another cider now,.  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:

I'll join you with a pears Kopparberg  ;D
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #923: May 14, 2021 09:19:30 pm
      He didn’t drive us to anything.

Don't be soft

He puts at least a point on every one of his teammates' marks out of 10 in a game just by making sure they're all doing their jobs properly. He's a superb captain. Ten times the captain Gerrard was.

Still, Jordan has the respect of the people that matter: his manager first and foremost, and his teammates

I don't suppose he cares tuppence about the opinions of his detractors
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #924: May 14, 2021 09:52:40 pm

Leg it you soft c**t and get back on bluekipper.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #925: May 14, 2021 10:33:05 pm

Ten times the captain Gerrard was.

WTF is this sh*t
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #926: May 14, 2021 10:34:20 pm

Literally just killed his whole argument with that comment. Madness
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #927: May 15, 2021 07:07:07 am
      Don't be soft

He puts at least a point on every one of his teammates' marks out of 10 in a game just by making sure they're all doing their jobs properly. He's a superb captain. Ten times the captain Gerrard was.

Still, Jordan has the respect of the people that matter: his manager first and foremost, and his teammates

Talking out of your arse fella, 10x the captain Gerrard was, F**k me, thought I’d heard it all, go give your head a wobble lad and read to yourself that statement, then go take your face for a sh*te, you’ll feel much better after, 10x the better captain than Gerrard, you know, the more you say it the worse it gets,…..

….Im still trying to get my head round it myself….F**k Me !

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #928: May 15, 2021 07:29:28 am
      Don't be soft

Oh dear oh dear, 10 times the captain Gerrard was, what are you on ?
      There are opinions and opinions, but that is pure sh*te fella.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #929: May 15, 2021 11:42:07 am
      How he hasn’t been banned yet... he’s obviously a very sad, lonely person who needs to purposely talk sh*te on a forum to get any kind of interaction in his life.

I know a forum is for everyone but when it’s obviously very plain to see it’s purposely done, I don’t know, just brings the quality of the forums down and makes them a place you’d rather not visit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #930: May 15, 2021 11:58:36 am
      Loved Robbo's energy last night one occasion he was in their box we lost the ball but he sprinted back caught up with Rashford (?) tackled him  won the ball back and passed it and then asked the lads to give him a minute he was fu**ed but what attitude I loved that. Trent was sending in bombs all night that they couldnt deal with and Gini found that extra gear again allround we looked sharper.
      With that performance and others of the past few weeks I am very confident these lads can smell it again they can smell blood and they are going to inflict pain on the opposition in the remaining three games. I want Fat Sam humbled .

Andy's work ethic is outstanding  mate, his areas of play extend the full length of the pitch.
      For me he is MOTM on a consistent level and defenders track him with great difficulty.

We will roll over the opposition including the fat roll over himself.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #931: May 15, 2021 12:07:25 pm
      Don't be soft

Your defense of Henderson is admirable however the comment about Steven Gerrard covers everything in sh*te.
      Do you not realise those words on an LFC platform are akin to blasphemy?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #932: May 15, 2021 12:10:18 pm

Oh dear oh dear, 10 times the captain Gerrard was, what are you on ?
      There are opinions and opinions, but that is pure sh*te fella.

That's bait pain and simple! The fella is a troll.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #933: May 15, 2021 12:23:05 pm
      Andy's work ethic is outstanding  mate, his areas of play extend the full length of the pitch.
      For me he is MOTM on a consistent level and defenders track him with great difficulty.

We will roll over the opposition including the fat roll over himself.

really excited for these next 3 games lets put a marker down for next season with a ful lAnfield.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #934: May 15, 2021 12:51:08 pm

I know a forum is for everyone but when it’s obviously very plain to see it’s purposely done, I don’t know, just brings the quality of the forums down and makes them a place you’d rather not visit.

Your right a forum should be for everyone, it's like the colour /creed and all that. Doesn't matter who you are, who you support, it's about opinions and sharing them. Having people all on the same side makes it boring, espically when they wear those rose tinted glasses.  ;D

Debates are healthy for forums even though everyone may agree/disagree it makes for good conversation. Obviously you'll always get bully boys/key board warriors who blah blah blah. It's just a broken record that gets stuck.

Ps.. It was a strange comment about SG though. Didn't make sense and got me thinking is he/she a Liverpool fan as it's just not something you'd say. I do suffer from paranoia though.  ;D
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #935: May 15, 2021 01:22:51 pm
      Your defense of Henderson is admirable however the comment about Steven Gerrard covers everything in sh*te.
      Do you not realise those words on an LFC platform are akin to blasphemy?

No such thing as blasphemy where I live. I live in a modern country where people are allowed to think for themselves. It's not the Middle Ages any more, burn the witch, all that sort of thing. Although we do seem to be heading back that way unfortunately.

Gerrard's probably the best player I've seen in a red shirt and I'm a Red 50 years this month, in fact 50 years today, FA Cup Final '71 was the first day I can remember supporting LFC, so I'll not give one atom of a sh*te about younguns wailing and gnashing their teeth about what I can and can't say about MY F***ing CLUB BEFORE IT WAS YOURS, thank you very much ladies and gentlemen  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

However, Stevie wasn't a great captain. Not a patch on Henderson. Stevie could raise his own game (1 person). Henderson raises the game of each and every one of his teammates game in game out (10 people). 10/1 = 10*. See I've even provided my workings.

I'll leave the rumours about how there were effectively 2 dressing rooms during Stevie's time as captain: one for him and Carra and anyone they rated as worthy of playing in the same team as Stevie, such as Nando and Luis; and the other lads, who prevented Stevie from getting his precious little medals. I'm sure it's all written down in some autobiography somewhere, if it's true of course. Never believe a Liverpool cabbie, they say. Apparently sometimes they tell you stuff that might not actually be factual, which was a shock to me when I found out  :o

"Eeerrr how can I leave after this?" wasn't exactly his finest moment though was it, face like a slapped arse minutes after winning Big Ears #5 is not what I expect from the captain of Liverpool Football Club. A lot of Reds never forgave him for that. That was blasphemy in my book.

I didn't see Jordan Henderson looking miserable as F**k after lifting #6 because he was gonna have to change his mind on moving to play for his precious Mourinho  ???

So, there you go, greatest LFC player in the last 50 years? Probably, depending on how you define 'greatest'. Good captain? Nah.

That, as Rafa once said, is the facts.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #936: May 15, 2021 01:27:10 pm
      got me thinking is he/she a Liverpool fan

like you Keith?

:lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #937: May 15, 2021 01:51:54 pm
      No such thing as blasphemy where I live. I live in a modern country where people are allowed to think for themselves. It's not the Middle Ages any more, burn the witch, all that sort of thing. Although we do seem to be heading back that way unfortunately.

Gerrard's probably the best player I've seen in a red shirt and I'm a Red 50 years this month, in fact 50 years today, FA Cup Final '71 was the first day I can remember supporting LFC, so I'll not give one atom of a sh*te about younguns wailing and gnashing their teeth about what I can and can't say about MY F***ing CLUB BEFORE IT WAS YOURS, thank you very much ladies and gentlemen  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

However, Stevie wasn't a great captain. Not a patch on Henderson. Stevie could raise his own game (1 person). Henderson raises the game of each and every one of his teammates game in game out (10 people). 10/1 = 10*. See I've even provided my workings.

I'll leave the rumours about how there were effectively 2 dressing rooms during Stevie's time as captain: one for him and Carra and anyone they rated as worthy of playing in the same team as Stevie, such as Nando and Luis; and the other lads, who prevented Stevie from getting his precious little medals. I'm sure it's all written down in some autobiography somewhere, if it's true of course. Never believe a Liverpool cabbie, they say. Apparently sometimes they tell you stuff that might not actually be factual, which was a shock to me when I found out  :o

"Eeerrr how can I leave after this?" wasn't exactly his finest moment though was it, face like a slapped arse minutes after winning Big Ears #5 is not what I expect from the captain of Liverpool Football Club. A lot of Reds never forgave him for that. That was blasphemy in my book.

I didn't see Jordan Henderson looking miserable as F**k after lifting #6 because he was gonna have to change his mind on moving to play for his precious Mourinho  ???

So, there you go, greatest LFC player in the last 50 years? Probably, depending on how you define 'greatest'. Good captain? Nah.

If you're going to troll and be a WUM, at least try to be subtle about if ffs.

This sh*t doesn't even have the merit of being slightly entertaining.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #938: May 15, 2021 02:10:47 pm

I didn't see Jordan Henderson looking miserable as f**k after lifting #6 because he was gonna have to change his mind on moving to play for his precious Mourinho  ???

Powerful post was that. I actually enjoyed the read, quite informative as a outsider looking in. My apologies for maybe doubting your a Liverpool fan. You have to admit it was a strange thing to say about SG though, very bold to say the least. Not that you need mine or anyone's approval.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #939: May 15, 2021 02:30:04 pm
      There is a valid point to debate...

Gerrard was a far superior player than Henderson, but Henderson is a far superior captain than Gerrard.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #940: May 15, 2021 02:55:11 pm

Gerrard was a far superior player than Henderson, but Henderson is a far superior captain than Gerrard.

No way. Henderson has the chance of having world-class players around him. He turned things around during the last 3/4 years, but he's not a player which can help the team just by leading by example. He has done it and has become a leader but Gerrard earned his captaincy and did so earlier.

Gerrard had everything Henderson has. and more. I respect Henderson a lot but Gerrard was an exceptional player. You can replace a Henderson, not a Steven Gerrard.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #941: May 15, 2021 02:58:49 pm

I didn't see Jordan Henderson looking miserable as f**k after lifting #6 because he was gonna have to change his mind on moving to play for his precious Mourinho  ???

gobs***e you should understand what that means if you're a scouser.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #942: May 15, 2021 03:10:08 pm

No there F***ing isn’t.

Jordan Henderson is not capable of doing what stevie did in Istanbul and Cardiff. Those two games stand out because they were cup finals but there were F***ing endless times stevie dragged us over the line.

The only difference between the two is Henderson is surrounded by world class players and won the league as a result. Gerrard wasn’t. Great player, great captain but he can’t win the F***ing league by himself.

I’d bet my F***ing life on it that anyone in and around the club would say gerrard was a superior captain and I’d bet jordan himself would say it too.

Can’t even believe I’m even entertaining this F***ing wum shout.

Quick Reply