Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v MUFC?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      68 (70.1%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1%)
      Nat Phillips
      3 (3.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (4.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      19 (19.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 17, 2021 10:09:07 pm

Manchester United 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23446 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Manchester United 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #966: May 15, 2021 07:51:42 pm
      Jeez its  hard work on here at times.. How many of the 2005 team would have gotten into the 2019 CL final team other than Stevie. Alison Becker or Dudek, Trent or Traore,  Baros or Mo it just does not compare he Captained Teams that were always 2or 3 players short time after time he dragged the club forward by sheer force of will I just can't believe its even come  up as a discussion holy crap what is going on.
      If you check out Jordans thread you will not find a bigger cheerleader than myself but please dont put him up against Stevie its just plain daft
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #967: May 15, 2021 08:08:09 pm
      Jeez its  hard work on here at times.. How many of the 2005 team would have gotten into the 2019 CL final team other than Stevie. Alison Becker or Dudek, Trent or Traore,  Baros or Mo it just does not compare he Captained Teams that were always 2or 3 players short time after time he dragged the club forward by sheer force of will I just can't believe its even come  up as a discussion holy crap what is going on.
      If you check out Jordans thread you will not find a bigger cheerleader than myself but please dont put him up against Stevie its just plain daft

🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure what point you are countering here
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #968: May 15, 2021 08:21:36 pm

🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure what point you are countering here

Quite easy really, when a someone comes out and says Hendo is 10 times the player Stevie was, there you go.
      Now before this turns into a back and forth saga, everyone is entitled to a opinion and some on here might think Hendo is a better player than Stevie which is fair enough,  I personally do not but what pissed a lot of people off is said person coming out with the 10 times better bit.
      Just my opinion like.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #969: May 15, 2021 08:27:47 pm
      Quite easy really, when a someone comes out and says Hendo is 10 times the player Stevie was, there you go.
      Now before this turns into a back and forth saga, everyone is entitled to a opinion and some on here might think Hendo is a better player than Stevie which is fair enough,  I personally do not but what pissed a lot of people off is said person coming out with the 10 times better bit.
      Just my opinion like.

You think people thinking Hendo better player than  SG is fair enough ???
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #970: May 15, 2021 08:30:01 pm
      You think people thinking Hendo better player than  SG is fair enough ???

If that is what they think fella fair enough, like I said I do not it's all about opinions.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #971: May 15, 2021 08:31:01 pm
      If that is what they think fella fair enough, like I said I do not it's all about opinions.

Not sure anybody in the right mind would suggest but hey crack on
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #972: May 15, 2021 08:50:37 pm
      Just my opinion like.

Sorry I missed where someone said Hendo is ten times the player Gerrard was ?!? 😲🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It looked like it was in response to my post 👍
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #973: May 15, 2021 08:53:05 pm
      In terms of ability Stevie will always be a better player but in terms of influence hendo in his own way is as influential as Stevie was. We should accept that we have been blessed with some fantastic leaders on the pitch over the years without the need for a pissing contest over who is best etc.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #974: May 15, 2021 08:55:09 pm
      In terms of ability Stevie will always be a better player but in terms of influence hendo in his own way is as influential as Stevie was. We should accept that we have been blessed with some fantastic leaders on the pitch over the years without the need for a pissing contest over who is best etc.

Isn't that what I have pointed out never even mentioned  captaincy  ???
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #975: May 15, 2021 09:01:40 pm

Sorry I missed where someone said Hendo is ten times the player Gerrard was ?!? 😲🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It looked like it was in response to my post 👍

No probs fella all good.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #976: May 15, 2021 09:04:35 pm
      Just my opinion like.

No one has said he was 10 times the player it was around captaincy just to straighten that out
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #977: May 15, 2021 09:06:49 pm
      No one has said he was 10 times the player it was around captaincy just to straighten that out

Ok, I apologise if I got it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out will teach me to read the post twice before making a comment.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #978: May 15, 2021 10:47:58 pm
      Ok, I apologise if I got it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out will teach me to read the post twice before making a comment.

Fair play lad
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #979: May 16, 2021 02:44:25 am
      Very strange post. Like in the Ox thread, you seem to like rewriting the past.

To say a lot of Reds never forgave Stevie is simply incorrect and to call what he did is blasphemy is just over the top.

They're both great captains by the way, very different style but both very effective. Although I'd hedge my bets that Gerrard would be able to captain this current Liverpool side to trophies but I don't think Hendo could have captained the side Gerrard played in to any major trophies. That's not a dig at Hendo, more just a way of saying how much of a special player Stevie was.

I've got the tit blocked now, but with the reposting, I couldn't help but read it and if he's a red of 50 years, let's face it he should F***ing know better!!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #980: May 16, 2021 11:13:16 pm
      Hendo 10 times better then Stevie??

Love Hendo, love Stevie but Stevie will always be The Skip to me!

L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #981: May 17, 2021 08:57:37 am
      I don't understand why people feel the need to argue over such things, especially with such outlandish hyperbolic statements

Simple for me

Both unbelievable captains, but both different types of captain, Stevie was a lead from the front on the pitch  type, with his ability to grab the game by the scrap of the neck
      Hendo is more a motivator and grab the group type

But both fantastic and as Stevie said

He couldn't have passed it on to a better person
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #982: May 17, 2021 07:08:42 pm
      See the Hobbit is complaining that the protest affected the players. Think the selection had more to do with it
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #983: May 19, 2021 01:04:44 pm
      Quote from frizzby5
      I think it stems from '05 when we finished 5th behind the Bitters but being CL holders were allowed to compete (it apparently hadn't happened before) and so the Bitters lost out and we're even more bitter towards us!

Well they shouldn't be, because they didn't lose out. They played the qualifying round for it the next season, but lost it to Villarreal, so didn't reach the group stage.

Quote from FrenchRed
      Woud you be proud if we won a trophy by beating the equivalent of Grimsby Town or Welling United?  Thought not!

Reminds me of the Yank who told us that he would rather win the league in "do-or die" run in games, instead of against Cardiff Huddersfield and Newcastle.

The Conference Cup is mainly for those from nations who often have no teams in Europe when the group stages in the other competitions begin. Scotland has two spots, Ireland has three for next season, which have already been taken. Expanding European competition to more clubs and nations should be welcomed as it's the polar opposite of the Super League.

As for us, all we can do is beat whoever is put in front of us, whether it's Leicester Lokomotiv or Lincoln Red Imps. I will take them all seriously.

Quote from Rush Goalie
      We've been shat on all year by VAR, when you think Robbos 'contact' on Welbeck at Brighton was a pen and that on Phillips wasn't, 100% that gets given against us.

The contact at Brighton was a foul, so it was given. It's not similiar at all to the Phillips incident. You can argue it was a penalty and you can argue the ball was won beforehand. Only one decision can be given though and with a European Cup spot on the line, a call like that should be reviewed, which it was. It was very similiar to the Vestergaard-Vardy incident, everyone said it wasn't a foul and it should be reviewed. So he got his ban overturned and the chance to play us instead.

Quote from LondonRed83
      I hate all this hindsight nonsense, going through posts to pick out β€˜I told you so’ comments.

It’s sad - people react in different ways, I’m passionate and a pessimist - I would be the same down the pub.

If posters want to be Negative Nicol afterwards, that's fine. When they write out long winded obituaries about the team after just 22 minutes of a game in progress that we can still win, as one poster in this thread did, they deserve to have it highlighted after we win a game by scoring 4. I don't post during live game threads. I've watched enough games down the years to know that however it is atm, it can flip in either direction, in just a few minutes. The forum is open 24/7 and there's no time limit for the inquest to be held after the final whistle, so it's best to wait until then.

Wins there are few and far between, so this was a rare ray of light in a stormy season. So there's no need for the inquest and the obituaries. At least for now.

Quick Reply