Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool - Sunday 16th May 16:30 pm

Read 3309 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool - Sunday 16th May 16:30 pm
      May 15, 2021 07:19:29 pm
      Hey we've got an important match tomorrow.

Pundits talking about West Brom playing with freedom but Big Sam knows it would be suicide to try and play football with us. Bunkering in is their only chance to get anything from this and they will have players trying to make an impression for jobs next season.

Of course breaking teams that pack it in has been our biggest tactical struggle as well.

That said, we have so much more quality than them, we just need to be patient and precise.

And it's so important. I guess Chelsea will bounce back and defeat Leicester in the league Tuesday. I can well see it coming down to goal difference with Leicester on the final day for that 4th Champions League spot.

But first we have to win Sunday. Come on boys!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: Pre-Match: West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool - Sunday 16th May 16:30 pm
      Reply #1: May 15, 2021 07:53:56 pm
      Relegated or not that bent tw*t fat sam would just love to F**k us over so need to be focused tomorrow.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: May 15, 2021 08:06:57 pm
      Hope we beat that fat gravy swilling tw*t tomorrow. Reckon mane may start, possibly Curtis but otherwise unchanged
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3: May 15, 2021 08:09:19 pm
      Would be typical of our season for us to drop points here after dragging ourselves back into the race in midweek but hopefully we've turned a corner!

Given WBA will sit back I'd be tempted to put Mane in for Gini and of course Kabak back in if he's fit.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #4: May 15, 2021 08:19:14 pm
      Any chance of the injured returning or Covid whatever the hell is keeping them out back tomorrow ?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #5: May 15, 2021 09:36:46 pm
      Wba, Burnley and palace.
      In the reverse fixtures we Picked up 4 points.
      We should have confidence now. I don’t know if I would change the line up too much. Kabak if he’s fit.

But just win.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #6: May 15, 2021 09:40:12 pm
      Couple of early goals please
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #7: May 15, 2021 09:59:23 pm
      They will park the bus, which is what we struggle with obviously. Hopefully those 4 goals against the Mancs have got us back in a "we can actually score" vibe.

That Pereira of theirs is quite a tasty player - wouldn't mind a move for him in the summer. Other than him they have very little to offer, but they will probably be quite stodgy to break down, so we might need a bit of patience.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: May 15, 2021 10:35:32 pm
      Still too much negativity in these boards, c’mon fellas, we got this, there’s no doubt Baggies will park their buses, but if we move the ball around like we did V Mutants we’ll smash through it, pace is the key, play a high tempo game and they won’t have a chance to settle, get in their faces and Gegenpress the F**k out of them, Big Fat useless c**t Sam will hopefully retire into oblivion,

Same side V Mutants, shouldn’t change a winning team, scoring 4 against them cu*ts was special, and those players deserve another crack, Sadio won’t be happy but he knows the score(no pun intended)

Great win for Leicester today, they will be buoyant, however, Chavs will be f***in pissed off and will want some kind of revenge, this is all good for us, so it would help immensely if we can score a f***in hatful V WBA.

0-3 Mighty Redmen

Y  N  W  A
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #9: May 15, 2021 10:39:50 pm
      Play like we did from minute 15 on Thursday please

Oh and Start Sadio and make Mo captain
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #10: May 15, 2021 10:43:33 pm
      Still too much negativity in these boards, c’mon fellas, we got this, there’s no doubt Baggies will park their buses, but if we move the ball around like we did V Mutants we’ll smash through it, pace is the key, play a high tempo game and they won’t have a chance to settle, get in their faces and Gegenpress the f**k out of them, Big Fat useless C**t Sam will hopefully retire into oblivion,

Same side V Mutants, shouldn’t change a winning team, scoring 4 against them cu*ts was special, and those players deserve another crack, Sadio won’t be happy but he knows the score(no pun intended)

Great win for Leicester today, they will be buoyant, however, Chavs will be f***in pissed off and will want some kind of revenge, this is all good for us, so it would help immensely if we can score a f***in hatful V WBA.

0-3 Mighty Redmen

Y  N  W  A

Prefer Leciester to win actually or draw
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #11: May 15, 2021 10:46:57 pm

Same side V Mutants, shouldn’t change a winning team, scoring 4 against them cu*ts was special, and those players deserve another crack, Sadio won’t be happy but he knows the score(no pun intended

Not for me pal. We dont need Gini doing nothing. Start Sadio let him blow off his steam from Thursday. Bobby a little deeper behind the 3 lads.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #12: May 15, 2021 11:12:27 pm
      Not for me pal. We dont need Gini doing nothing. Start Sadio let him blow off his steam from Thursday. Bobby a little deeper behind the 3 lads.

This is a good suggestion Brian. Sitting a little deeper, Bob offers so mu  cb h more defensively, and on thd ball, he is more positive going forwards.
      Think Gini is only effective playing further forwards, like with Holland, sitting deeper he looks out of ideas most of the time, hence all the sideways passing. Snd ss he’s in the way out snyway 🤷‍♂️
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #13: May 16, 2021 12:24:39 am
      Start Sadio let him blow off his steam from Thursday

If I'm being honest he doesn't deserve to start. He's the fourth best in the front three at the minute.

Can understand the logic of 4 games in 10 days allowing him a spot, but surely at this stage they're all playing on adrenaline anyway.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: May 16, 2021 12:55:22 am
      If I'm being honest he doesn't deserve to start. He's the fourth best in the front three at the minute.

Can understand the logic of 4 games in 10 days allowing him a spot, but surely at this stage they're all playing on adrenaline anyway.

Im a huge believer that players with genuine talent respond to feeling fu**ed off, yes his form is 4th of the 4, but I just feel he would respond with a performace if allowed to
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #15: May 16, 2021 08:13:00 am
      Im a huge believer that players with genuine talent respond to feeling fu**ed off, yes his form is 4th of the 4, but I just feel he would respond with a performace if allowed to

Why don't we start all 4? We probably don't need the extra midfielder against West Brom
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #16: May 16, 2021 08:37:59 am
      Whatever the permutations is starting 11 and tactics. Just F***ing win it. We are far superior all over the park, don’t let yourselves down lads. 100% from everyone.
      0:3 the mighty red men.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17: May 16, 2021 09:12:18 am
      If we get in their faces early doors, they will crumble.

Up the reds, big win coming, our strikers are scoring again.

I predict mane to be MOTM.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #18: May 16, 2021 09:26:51 am
      We need an early goal to break down West Brom, their negative style of play proving they got their just deserts being relegated. I am going for a 3  0 score line for the Reds, although an early goal or two we could score  five today.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #19: May 16, 2021 10:02:57 am
      Play like we did from minute 15 on Thursday please

Oh and Start Sadio and make Mo captain

Front 3 all scored Thursday

Not sure why you keep banging on about the captaincy either, if you understand squad dynamics you wouldn't
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #20: May 16, 2021 10:19:22 am
      We all know Fat Sam will have his entire team in the box stifling our front 3 , I'd like to see Curtis in for  Gini and our midfield taking shots to break up the play , we got this !
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #21: May 16, 2021 10:33:14 am
      Get out there and score a few quick out the gate.

Alisson
      Trent - Phillips - Kabak - Robbo
                Fabinho - Thiago
           Salah - Firmino - Mane
                         Jota
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #22: May 16, 2021 10:52:18 am
      Need Trent to be on his game like against United - he makes this team tick!!

Quick Reply