Trending Topics

Next match: Norwich v LFC [Premier League] Sat 14th Aug @ 3:00 pm
      Carrow Road

Today is the 19th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WBA?

Alisson Becker
      79 (63.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.6%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      43 (34.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: May 20, 2021 06:27:08 pm

West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 6994 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,156 posts | 2084 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #725: May 17, 2021 03:21:29 pm
      Not sure if this was mentioned by anyone else but one hugely significant factor for me in the winner....

Trent took the corner not Robbo

Also Gini can fook right off. Everyone in the ground associated to us from players, players subbed off, players who didnt get on, management team, stats people, people Ive no idea who they are went wild with joy

Gini didnt as much as raise his arms. He floats off, into a nothing position as the corner comes in, them walks slowly from that spot towards the rest before breaking into a trot. Whatever issues he has they are not with his team mates so no excuse for being a cock
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,242 posts | 1286 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #726: May 17, 2021 03:25:34 pm

That lad in front of Alisson was there for one reason alone. To distract and block the keeper. Rightly disallowed.

Totally agree JD, just wish they were more consistent with the ruling though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,905 posts | 4287 
      Reply #727: May 17, 2021 03:29:55 pm
      Not sure if this was mentioned by anyone else but one hugely significant factor for me in the winner....

Also Gini can fook right off. Everyone in the ground associated to us from players, players subbed off, players who didnt get on, management team, stats people, people Ive no idea who they are went wild with joy

Gini didnt as much as raise his arms. He floats off, into a nothing position as the corner comes in, them walks slowly from that spot towards the rest before breaking into a trot. Whatever issues he has they are not with his team mates so no excuse for being a cock
      I had more of an issue with him getting the ball in the box in a prime spot to score and sending it high and wide. I'd literally told my wife when he came on "Get ready for Gini to get the ball in the box and send it into the 12th row".

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 67 
      Reply #728: May 17, 2021 03:39:28 pm

Yet you managed to post to call them bottlers just before we got the winner and then ran away

Didn't you read where I said "I was livid and managed to post" or has your sight abandoned you?

Quick, you need to run back to the NESV thread to tell us how great a job you, I meant the owners are doing
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,820 posts | 4589 
      Reply #729: May 17, 2021 03:42:56 pm
      RE Gini he did get into the huddle but it wasnt easy to get passed Bobby Mo and Thiago,Trent Shaq it was full on mental.
      Just watched a 5 min Youtube showing every angle I could watch it all day just a beautiful wonderful moment.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 71 
      Reply #730: May 17, 2021 03:44:20 pm

'Fans' like you can fook right off slagging off a club legend that got us into the Champions League final and played 37/38 games in a near 100-point season

Gini was waiting for VAR, simple as that

There'd already been 2 disallowed goals in the game yesterday

Did you not see the FA Cup Final? Every single Chelsea player looked a cock when their goal was chalked off
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,156 posts | 2084 
      Reply #731: May 17, 2021 03:48:41 pm
      'Fans' like you can fook right off slagging off a club legend that got us into the Champions League final and played 37/38 games in a near 100-point season

Gini was waiting for VAR, simple as that

There'd already been 2 disallowed goals in the game yesterday

Did you not see the FA Cup Final? Every single Chelsea player looked a cock when their goal was chalked off

Oh ok, ill go as you demand

Watch the reaction hes no excuse for it , waiting for var..he had the best view where he was stood to know it was never a var contender.

And you think when your mate scores a last second winner, the goalie, and all hes been through that the first reaction you have is var? Get a grip man. He was being a moody tw*t end of legend or not
      Brown1
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #732: May 17, 2021 04:34:41 pm
      We have just nicked it, after once again a flat performance in general apart from the constant brilliant footballing display by Thiago, this player is a master class, and any sensible manager will for sure build his team around him, however, I am sure this will apply to Klopp!!.

No one can't blame the two young CFs Philips and Williams, they are just learning their trade and should have been used in many earlier games.

The credit of the win of course goes to Allison he has single-handed won the game for us, and good luck for the two remaining games.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 71 
      Reply #733: May 17, 2021 04:43:05 pm
      the first reaction you have is var?

Yes, VAR or a linesman's flag (or the ref spotting some pushing or whatever), and especially after 2 goals being ruled out in the same game, and doubly especially after the FA Cup final phantom 'equaliser' the day before

All I've been hearing all season is millions of fans moaning about VAR and how they can't celebrate any more until they see what VAR says. Players have come out and said they don't bother celebrating any more until they see what VAR says.

And then when Gini waits to see whether it's disallowed is he gets all kinds of sh*te thrown at him from the ingrates that seem to follow us these days (loyal supporters my arse), not to mention the conspiracy theories about him being 'moody'; probably the least moody player you could ever come across, must be an absolute dream for Klopp to have Gini in the dressing room and around training, he's a total model pro.

People just seem to want to put the boot into Gini cos he's leaving - possibly shafted by the club but we may never know the truth (certainly wouldn't believe a word leaked by the club about his contract demands, like the club's never totally shafted any of our players before).

Seen it time after time after time after time.

Any old yard dog we're rumoured to be interested in signing suddenly becomes "world class" overnight.

And anyone leaving the club is "sh*te anyway".

Same when McManaman left. "Ah he's sh*te anyway". Yeah that's why he went to Real Madrid and bossed it, cos he was sh*te. F***ing disgrace the way LFC dealt with him and it just consigned us to the wilderness years for even longer. Brilliant player.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,156 posts | 2084 
      Reply #734: May 17, 2021 05:01:42 pm
      Yes, VAR or a linesman's flag (or the ref spotting some pushing or whatever), and especially after 2 goals being ruled out in the same game, and doubly especially after the FA Cup final phantom 'equaliser' the day before

All I've been hearing all season is millions of fans moaning about VAR and how they can't celebrate any more until they see what VAR says. Players have come out and said they don't bother celebrating any more until they see what VAR says.

And then when Gini waits to see whether it's disallowed is he gets all kinds of sh*te thrown at him from the ingrates that seem to follow us these days (loyal supporters my arse), not to mention the conspiracy theories about him being 'moody'; probably the least moody player you could ever come across, must be an absolute dream for Klopp to have Gini in the dressing room and around training, he's a total model pro.

People just seem to want to put the boot into Gini cos he's leaving - possibly shafted by the club but we may never know the truth (certainly wouldn't believe a word leaked by the club about his contract demands, like the club's never totally shafted any of our players before).

Seen it time after time after time after time.

Any old yard dog we're rumoured to be interested in signing suddenly becomes "world class" overnight.

And anyone leaving the club is "sh*te anyway".

Same when McManaman left. "Ah he's sh*te anyway". Yeah that's why he went to Real Madrid and bossed it, cos he was sh*te. F***ing disgrace the way LFC dealt with him and it just consigned us to the wilderness years for even longer. Brilliant player.

Var has ruined the celebration of a lot of goals, but only 1 person involved yesterday didnt react because they thought var.?

Even tyler lost his sh*t that says it all.

Fair play making excuses for him but I suspect your wrong on this one, but only one man knows for sure and hell likely never say

Id hooe he had his var cap on and not a moody
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,095 posts | 2714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #735: May 17, 2021 05:25:45 pm
      What a game, I needed it. That was the best moment of our season.

MOTM was Thiago but Alisson took mine because of this rare moment in history.

Onto next Wednesday guys. Come on Reds.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,838 posts | 5438 
      Reply #736: May 17, 2021 05:26:32 pm
      Si senor, give the ball to ali and he will score

Those going the Palace game should get that started for the Big Man.
      PTU
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts | 18 
      Reply #737: May 17, 2021 05:27:54 pm

The thing about Robbo's corners is that they are either very good or completely atrocious. Trent's a bit more consistent, even a 'bad' one is at least somewhat decent.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,156 posts | 2084 
      Reply #738: May 17, 2021 05:33:24 pm
      Further credit to Ali considering Nat done his best superman impression right in front of him as hes about to head it

is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its superNat
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 71 
      Reply #739: May 17, 2021 05:38:20 pm

Fair play making excuses for him but I suspect your wrong on this one, but only one man knows for sure and hell likely never say

Why should he have to? Do his 2 goals against Barcelona - without which there was no Big Ears #6 - count for nothing any more because he didn't celebrate a goal? Are we gonna f**k Mané off for not shaking Klopp's hand on the same basis? It's disloyal as far as I'm concerned. I've not seen any sign that Gini has given up ther ghost and do we not trust Klopp by this stage to gauge stuff like that on our behalf? I think Origi chucked the towel in long ago and that's why he's sidelined ready for the off but if Klopp makes Gini captain I trust him to make that call. Pretty clear that Klopp doesn't want Gini to go and isn't particularly happy about it.

Are we gonna do the "he was sh*te anyway" and "he's chucked the towel in" when Virg leaves in 18 months time (which his recent interview strongly hints is gonna be the case)?

Anyway, I agree with you on the Trent corner thing. Robbo's corners are sh*t. Trent should be on all corners. All set pieces. Throwins, kickoffs, coin tosses, putting Ali's goalie's manbag on the ground by the goal in exactly the right place. Everything. Should probably drive the coach too. Anything that involves precision.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,156 posts | 2084 
      Reply #740: May 17, 2021 05:45:20 pm
      Why should he have to? Do his 2 goals against Barcelona - without which there was no Big Ears #6 - count for nothing any more because he didn't celebrate a goal? Are we gonna f**k Mané off for not shaking Klopp's hand on the same basis? It's disloyal as far as I'm concerned. I've not seen any sign that Gini has given up ther ghost and do we not trust Klopp by this stage to gauge stuff like that on our behalf? I think Origi chucked the towel in long ago and that's why he's sidelined ready for the off but if Klopp makes Gini captain I trust him to make that call. Pretty clear that Klopp doesn't want Gini to go and isn't particularly happy about it.

Are we gonna do the "he was sh*te anyway" and "he's chucked the towel in" when Virg leaves in 18 months time (which his recent interview strongly hints is gonna be the case)?

Anyway, I agree with you on the Trent corner thing. Robbo's corners are sh*t. Trent should be on all corners. All set pieces. Throwins, kickoffs, coin tosses, putting Ali's goalie's manbag on the ground by the goal in exactly the right place. Everything. Should probably drive the coach too. Anything that involves precision.

Ill be honest i stopped reading after 2 lines because bringing what hes done in his time here into something that is a completely seperate issue is meaningless.

Hes been a top player here. For whatever reasons hes not signing a contract good luck to him. The issue is he, to me,  looked like he could care less about the goal because either he didnt start and was sore over it or hes annoyed over the contract thing.

You think var killed his buzz, maybe, I doubr it but maybe  But either way nobody has even hinted at slighting what hes done here so no need for you to go there
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,820 posts | 4589 
      Reply #741: May 17, 2021 06:17:16 pm
      Not sure why Gini didnt erupt in delight like most people even non Liverpool people were caught up in the moment. But he did get into the huddle. Maybe being on the bench pissed him off or seeing his team mates so happy made him reflect on what he was leaving.
      Its been his and his agents choice he has been paid incredibly well for his work but who cares the players that mattered were simply euphoric and we are left with yet another incredibly moment in the clubs history
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,567 posts | 2627 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #742: May 17, 2021 06:27:35 pm
      Can we just enjoy the win instead of arguing the toss about how someone  celebrated a goal. Sometimes I do worry about people. We beat United and some want to bang on about Maine's reaction.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 28 
      Reply #743: May 17, 2021 06:46:21 pm
      Those going the Palace game should get that started for the Big Man.

My mate in Crosby got a ticket for the Palace game. Couldn't get a Kop ticket so in the new stand for the first time. I think it's an understatement to say he's massively looking forward to the game.  :scarf:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,156 posts | 2084 
      Reply #744: May 17, 2021 06:48:09 pm
      My mate in Crosby got a ticket for the Palace game. Couldn't get a Kop ticket so in the new stand for the first time. I think it's an understatement to say he's massively looking forward to the game.  :scarf:

Hows it working out? As in how many tickets and then are they divided equally among the 4 stands or will be have a good crowd on the kop?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,712 posts | 774 
      Reply #745: May 17, 2021 06:56:00 pm
      I'll remember theses comments next time it goes against you.  :D

Exactly .Would be screaming blue murder if against them
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,712 posts | 774 
      Reply #746: May 17, 2021 07:01:11 pm
      It's not a sh*t rule. How is Allison supposed to know which man to play? He didn't know the ball would go to the other man, not to mention he was basically blocked off from seeing the pass to begin with. It's literally a perfect interpretation of what the rule is there for.

As for the drop ball, eh...it is what it is. Sh*t happens and there were plenty of instances where the baggies were dropping to the ground with little to no contact to con the ref. You get what you give.

What you on about which man to play what does that actually mean? If that man was not there would of made no difference whatsoever to the goal he was waiting for the header it went wider to the lad who scored he was never getting to it
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,712 posts | 774 
      Reply #747: May 17, 2021 07:02:51 pm
      Early in the game West Brom got a nothing free kick that they narrowly headed wide. And they should have cleared that ball before Salah scored.

That lad in front of Alisson was there for one reason alone. To distract and block the keeper. Rightly disallowed.

Slight difference in the fact there free kick was adjudged from contact from our player not Fabinho running into the ref and getting a free kick
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,275 posts | 5544 
      Reply #748: May 17, 2021 07:09:10 pm
      Not sure why Gini didnt erupt in delight like most people even non Liverpool people were caught up in the moment. But he did get into the huddle.

Probably thinking 'Ah bollocks - going to get knocked out of the CL next year to this lot.'
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,275 posts | 5544 
      Reply #749: May 17, 2021 07:13:34 pm
      Hows it working out? As in how many tickets and then are they divided equally among the 4 stands or will be have a good crowd on the kop?

All stands of the ground.  Because quite a lot of ST holders got tickets in late Autumn/winter I think that the ballot was quite favourable.  Something like 85% of people who were eligible got a ticket.

Quick Reply