Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WBA?

Alisson Becker
      79 (63.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.6%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      43 (34.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: May 20, 2021 06:27:08 pm

West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26235 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Re: West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: May 17, 2021 01:12:58 pm
      Was obvious as soon as they showed the replay.

The idea that West Brom were cheated is nonsense.

It's a sh*te rule if he ain't there it has no bearing on the other lad scoring . We also benefitted from the ref giving us a free kick leading upto our first goal which clearly should have been drop goal
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #714: May 17, 2021 01:28:00 pm
      It's a sh*te rule if he ain't there it has no bearing on the other lad scoring . We also benefitted from the ref giving us a free kick leading upto our first goal which clearly should have been drop goal

I disagree on the WBA goal point, if they allow it then everyone will start doing it, the guy is offside and right in front of the keeper.

On your other point I agree, nice bit of luck there but considering it’s been a sh*te season with hardly any luck - we’ll take it
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #715: May 17, 2021 01:34:21 pm
      Thiago was “robbed” !! Of the mom (;D)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #716: May 17, 2021 01:40:54 pm
      Thiago was “robbed” !! Of the mom (;D)

*Watches Alisson goal on repeat*
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #717: May 17, 2021 01:48:03 pm
      *Watches Alisson goal on repeat*

With the Titanic music in the background...😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #718: May 17, 2021 02:07:53 pm

It's not a sh*t rule. How is Allison supposed to know which man to play? He didn't know the ball would go to the other man, not to mention he was basically blocked off from seeing the pass to begin with. It's literally a perfect interpretation of what the rule is there for.

As for the drop ball, eh...it is what it is. sh*t happens and there were plenty of instances where the baggies were dropping to the ground with little to no contact to con the ref. You get what you give.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #719: May 17, 2021 02:17:45 pm

As for the drop ball, eh...it is what it is. Sh*t happens and there were plenty of instances where the baggies were dropping to the ground with little to no contact to con the ref. You get what you give.

I'll remember theses comments next time it goes against you.  :D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #720: May 17, 2021 02:18:27 pm

In hockey it is common practice to get someone in front of the goalie to block his view of the puck. This isn't hockey and once you see how the WBA player was clearly obstructing Alisson's view it is an easy decision to call off the goal.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #721: May 17, 2021 02:31:02 pm
      I'll remember theses comments next time it goes against you.  :D

It literally goes against us all the time. Stats show we are one of the teams that have been shafted the most by bad calls (VAR).
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #722: May 17, 2021 02:34:36 pm
      E
      It literally goes against us all the time. Stats show we are one of the teams that have been shafted the most by bad calls (VAR).

Id love to disagree, maybe if I put those rose tinted glasses on I can say Bullsh!t  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #723: May 17, 2021 02:49:46 pm
      We also benefitted from the ref giving us a free kick leading upto our first goal which clearly should have been drop goal

Early in the game West Brom got a nothing free kick that they narrowly headed wide. And they should have cleared that ball before Salah scored.

That lad in front of Alisson was there for one reason alone. To distract and block the keeper. Rightly disallowed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #724: May 17, 2021 03:05:48 pm
      I have a song in my head which Jurgens used to sing to the tune of Radio Gaga by Queen.
      All we need is Alison Becker ... its just stuck in there driving me nuts
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #725: May 17, 2021 03:21:29 pm
      Not sure if this was mentioned by anyone else but one hugely significant factor for me in the winner....

Trent took the corner not Robbo

Also Gini can fook right off. Everyone in the ground associated to us from players, players subbed off, players who didnt get on, management team, stats people, people Ive no idea who they are went wild with joy

Gini didnt as much as raise his arms. He floats off, into a nothing position as the corner comes in, them walks slowly from that spot towards the rest before breaking into a trot. Whatever issues he has they are not with his team mates so no excuse for being a cock
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #726: May 17, 2021 03:25:34 pm

That lad in front of Alisson was there for one reason alone. To distract and block the keeper. Rightly disallowed.

Totally agree JD, just wish they were more consistent with the ruling though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #727: May 17, 2021 03:29:55 pm
      Not sure if this was mentioned by anyone else but one hugely significant factor for me in the winner....

Trent took the corner not Robbo

Also Gini can fook right off. Everyone in the ground associated to us from players, players subbed off, players who didnt get on, management team, stats people, people Ive no idea who they are went wild with joy

Gini didnt as much as raise his arms. He floats off, into a nothing position as the corner comes in, them walks slowly from that spot towards the rest before breaking into a trot. Whatever issues he has they are not with his team mates so no excuse for being a cock
      I had more of an issue with him getting the ball in the box in a prime spot to score and sending it high and wide. I'd literally told my wife when he came on "Get ready for Gini to get the ball in the box and send it into the 12th row".

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #728: May 17, 2021 03:39:28 pm

Yet you managed to post to call them bottlers just before we got the winner and then ran away

Didn't you read where I said "I was livid and managed to post" or has your sight abandoned you?

Quick, you need to run back to the NESV thread to tell us how great a job you, I meant the owners are doing
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #729: May 17, 2021 03:42:56 pm
      RE Gini he did get into the huddle but it wasnt easy to get passed Bobby Mo and Thiago,Trent Shaq it was full on mental.
      Just watched a 5 min Youtube showing every angle I could watch it all day just a beautiful wonderful moment.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #730: May 17, 2021 03:44:20 pm

'Fans' like you can fook right off slagging off a club legend that got us into the Champions League final and played 37/38 games in a near 100-point season

Gini was waiting for VAR, simple as that

There'd already been 2 disallowed goals in the game yesterday

Did you not see the FA Cup Final? Every single Chelsea player looked a cock when their goal was chalked off
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #731: May 17, 2021 03:48:41 pm
      'Fans' like you can fook right off slagging off a club legend that got us into the Champions League final and played 37/38 games in a near 100-point season

Gini was waiting for VAR, simple as that

There'd already been 2 disallowed goals in the game yesterday

Did you not see the FA Cup Final? Every single Chelsea player looked a cock when their goal was chalked off

Oh ok, ill go as you demand

Watch the reaction hes no excuse for it , waiting for var..he had the best view where he was stood to know it was never a var contender.

And you think when your mate scores a last second winner, the goalie, and all hes been through that the first reaction you have is var? Get a grip man. He was being a moody tw*t end of legend or not
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #732: May 17, 2021 04:34:41 pm
      We have just nicked it, after once again a flat performance in general apart from the constant brilliant footballing display by Thiago, this player is a master class, and any sensible manager will for sure build his team around him, however, I am sure this will apply to Klopp!!.

No one can't blame the two young CFs Philips and Williams, they are just learning their trade and should have been used in many earlier games.

The credit of the win of course goes to Allison he has single-handed won the game for us, and good luck for the two remaining games.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #733: May 17, 2021 04:43:05 pm
      the first reaction you have is var?

Yes, VAR or a linesman's flag (or the ref spotting some pushing or whatever), and especially after 2 goals being ruled out in the same game, and doubly especially after the FA Cup final phantom 'equaliser' the day before

All I've been hearing all season is millions of fans moaning about VAR and how they can't celebrate any more until they see what VAR says. Players have come out and said they don't bother celebrating any more until they see what VAR says.

And then when Gini waits to see whether it's disallowed is he gets all kinds of sh*te thrown at him from the ingrates that seem to follow us these days (loyal supporters my arse), not to mention the conspiracy theories about him being 'moody'; probably the least moody player you could ever come across, must be an absolute dream for Klopp to have Gini in the dressing room and around training, he's a total model pro.

People just seem to want to put the boot into Gini cos he's leaving - possibly shafted by the club but we may never know the truth (certainly wouldn't believe a word leaked by the club about his contract demands, like the club's never totally shafted any of our players before).

Seen it time after time after time after time.

Any old yard dog we're rumoured to be interested in signing suddenly becomes "world class" overnight.

And anyone leaving the club is "sh*te anyway".

Same when McManaman left. "Ah he's sh*te anyway". Yeah that's why he went to Real Madrid and bossed it, cos he was sh*te. F***ing disgrace the way LFC dealt with him and it just consigned us to the wilderness years for even longer. Brilliant player.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #734: May 17, 2021 05:01:42 pm
      Yes, VAR or a linesman's flag (or the ref spotting some pushing or whatever), and especially after 2 goals being ruled out in the same game, and doubly especially after the FA Cup final phantom 'equaliser' the day before

All I've been hearing all season is millions of fans moaning about VAR and how they can't celebrate any more until they see what VAR says. Players have come out and said they don't bother celebrating any more until they see what VAR says.

And then when Gini waits to see whether it's disallowed is he gets all kinds of sh*te thrown at him from the ingrates that seem to follow us these days (loyal supporters my arse), not to mention the conspiracy theories about him being 'moody'; probably the least moody player you could ever come across, must be an absolute dream for Klopp to have Gini in the dressing room and around training, he's a total model pro.

People just seem to want to put the boot into Gini cos he's leaving - possibly shafted by the club but we may never know the truth (certainly wouldn't believe a word leaked by the club about his contract demands, like the club's never totally shafted any of our players before).

Seen it time after time after time after time.

Any old yard dog we're rumoured to be interested in signing suddenly becomes "world class" overnight.

And anyone leaving the club is "sh*te anyway".

Same when McManaman left. "Ah he's sh*te anyway". Yeah that's why he went to Real Madrid and bossed it, cos he was sh*te. F***ing disgrace the way LFC dealt with him and it just consigned us to the wilderness years for even longer. Brilliant player.

Var has ruined the celebration of a lot of goals, but only 1 person involved yesterday didnt react because they thought var.?

Even tyler lost his sh*t that says it all.

Fair play making excuses for him but I suspect your wrong on this one, but only one man knows for sure and hell likely never say

Id hooe he had his var cap on and not a moody
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #735: May 17, 2021 05:25:45 pm
      What a game, I needed it. That was the best moment of our season.

MOTM was Thiago but Alisson took mine because of this rare moment in history.

Onto next Wednesday guys. Come on Reds.

Quick Reply