Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WBA?

Alisson Becker
      79 (63.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.6%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      43 (34.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: May 20, 2021 06:27:08 pm

West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26200 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: May 17, 2021 05:26:32 pm
      Si senor, give the ball to ali and he will score

Those going the Palace game should get that started for the Big Man.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #737: May 17, 2021 05:27:54 pm
      Not sure if this was mentioned by anyone else but one hugely significant factor for me in the winner....

Trent took the corner not Robbo

The thing about Robbo's corners is that they are either very good or completely atrocious. Trent's a bit more consistent, even a 'bad' one is at least somewhat decent.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #738: May 17, 2021 05:33:24 pm
      Further credit to Ali considering Nat done his best superman impression right in front of him as hes about to head it

is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its superNat
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #739: May 17, 2021 05:38:20 pm

Fair play making excuses for him but I suspect your wrong on this one, but only one man knows for sure and hell likely never say

Why should he have to? Do his 2 goals against Barcelona - without which there was no Big Ears #6 - count for nothing any more because he didn't celebrate a goal? Are we gonna F**k ManƩ off for not shaking Klopp's hand on the same basis? It's disloyal as far as I'm concerned. I've not seen any sign that Gini has given up ther ghost and do we not trust Klopp by this stage to gauge stuff like that on our behalf? I think Origi chucked the towel in long ago and that's why he's sidelined ready for the off but if Klopp makes Gini captain I trust him to make that call. Pretty clear that Klopp doesn't want Gini to go and isn't particularly happy about it.

Are we gonna do the "he was sh*te anyway" and "he's chucked the towel in" when Virg leaves in 18 months time (which his recent interview strongly hints is gonna be the case)?

Anyway, I agree with you on the Trent corner thing. Robbo's corners are sh*t. Trent should be on all corners. All set pieces. Throwins, kickoffs, coin tosses, putting Ali's goalie's manbag on the ground by the goal in exactly the right place. Everything. Should probably drive the coach too. Anything that involves precision.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #740: May 17, 2021 05:45:20 pm
      Why should he have to? Do his 2 goals against Barcelona - without which there was no Big Ears #6 - count for nothing any more because he didn't celebrate a goal? Are we gonna f**k ManƩ off for not shaking Klopp's hand on the same basis? It's disloyal as far as I'm concerned. I've not seen any sign that Gini has given up ther ghost and do we not trust Klopp by this stage to gauge stuff like that on our behalf? I think Origi chucked the towel in long ago and that's why he's sidelined ready for the off but if Klopp makes Gini captain I trust him to make that call. Pretty clear that Klopp doesn't want Gini to go and isn't particularly happy about it.

Are we gonna do the "he was sh*te anyway" and "he's chucked the towel in" when Virg leaves in 18 months time (which his recent interview strongly hints is gonna be the case)?

Anyway, I agree with you on the Trent corner thing. Robbo's corners are sh*t. Trent should be on all corners. All set pieces. Throwins, kickoffs, coin tosses, putting Ali's goalie's manbag on the ground by the goal in exactly the right place. Everything. Should probably drive the coach too. Anything that involves precision.

Ill be honest i stopped reading after 2 lines because bringing what hes done in his time here into something that is a completely seperate issue is meaningless.

Hes been a top player here. For whatever reasons hes not signing a contract good luck to him. The issue is he, to me,  looked like he could care less about the goal because either he didnt start and was sore over it or hes annoyed over the contract thing.

You think var killed his buzz, maybe, I doubr it but maybe  But either way nobody has even hinted at slighting what hes done here so no need for you to go there
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #741: May 17, 2021 06:17:16 pm
      Not sure why Gini didnt erupt in delight like most people even non Liverpool people were caught up in the moment. But he did get into the huddle. Maybe being on the bench pissed him off or seeing his team mates so happy made him reflect on what he was leaving.
      Its been his and his agents choice he has been paid incredibly well for his work but who cares the players that mattered were simply euphoric and we are left with yet another incredibly moment in the clubs history
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #742: May 17, 2021 06:27:35 pm
      Can we just enjoy the win instead of arguing the toss about how someone  celebrated a goal. Sometimes I do worry about people. We beat United and some want to bang on about Maine's reaction.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #743: May 17, 2021 06:46:21 pm
      Those going the Palace game should get that started for the Big Man.

My mate in Crosby got a ticket for the Palace game. Couldn't get a Kop ticket so in the new stand for the first time. I think it's an understatement to say he's massively looking forward to the game.  :scarf:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #744: May 17, 2021 06:48:09 pm
      My mate in Crosby got a ticket for the Palace game. Couldn't get a Kop ticket so in the new stand for the first time. I think it's an understatement to say he's massively looking forward to the game.  :scarf:

Hows it working out? As in how many tickets and then are they divided equally among the 4 stands or will be have a good crowd on the kop?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #745: May 17, 2021 06:56:00 pm
      I'll remember theses comments next time it goes against you.  :D

Exactly .Would be screaming blue murder if against them
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #746: May 17, 2021 07:01:11 pm
      It's not a sh*t rule. How is Allison supposed to know which man to play? He didn't know the ball would go to the other man, not to mention he was basically blocked off from seeing the pass to begin with. It's literally a perfect interpretation of what the rule is there for.

As for the drop ball, eh...it is what it is. Sh*t happens and there were plenty of instances where the baggies were dropping to the ground with little to no contact to con the ref. You get what you give.

What you on about which man to play what does that actually mean? If that man was not there would of made no difference whatsoever to the goal he was waiting for the header it went wider to the lad who scored he was never getting to it
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #747: May 17, 2021 07:02:51 pm
      Early in the game West Brom got a nothing free kick that they narrowly headed wide. And they should have cleared that ball before Salah scored.

That lad in front of Alisson was there for one reason alone. To distract and block the keeper. Rightly disallowed.

Slight difference in the fact there free kick was adjudged from contact from our player not Fabinho running into the ref and getting a free kick
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #748: May 17, 2021 07:09:10 pm
      Not sure why Gini didnt erupt in delight like most people even non Liverpool people were caught up in the moment. But he did get into the huddle.

Probably thinking 'Ah bollocks - going to get knocked out of the CL next year to this lot.'
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #749: May 17, 2021 07:13:34 pm
      Hows it working out? As in how many tickets and then are they divided equally among the 4 stands or will be have a good crowd on the kop?

All stands of the ground.  Because quite a lot of ST holders got tickets in late Autumn/winter I think that the ballot was quite favourable.  Something like 85% of people who were eligible got a ticket.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #750: May 17, 2021 07:18:17 pm
      Exactly .Would be screaming blue murder if against them

No because I actually understand the rule and why it's there. I guess you don't.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #751: May 17, 2021 07:54:58 pm
      Var has ruined the celebration of a lot of goals, but only 1 person involved yesterday didnt react because they thought var.?

Even tyler lost his sh*t that says it all.

Fair play making excuses for him but I suspect your wrong on this one, but only one man knows for sure and hell likely never say

Id hooe he had his var cap on and not a moody

What the F**k are we talking about here? Just reads like nonsense.

Letā€™s enjoy the win!
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #752: May 17, 2021 08:16:15 pm
      No because I actually understand the rule and why it's there. I guess you don't.

Understand it fully and if it impedes a goalkeeper from stopping the ball then fine but in this case it didn't and as I said if that player wasn't there would have no bearing on the goal
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #753: May 17, 2021 08:21:45 pm
      Weā€™ve witnessed some incredible last minute/injury time winners over the years,
      Origi - Everton last season
      Lovren - Dortmund Europa League
      Mane - Away at Villa last season
      Lallana - Away at Norwich in the 5-4 win
      Stevie G - Olympiacos at Anfield.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a few more you will remind me of, but that goal yesterday from Alisson simply left me stunned.
      When it hit the net I just couldnā€™t believe it.
      Alissons interview at the end was so emotional there were tears running down my cheeks just watching it. :'(

As for the game itselfā€¦.
      Typical Fat Sam tactics all day long.
      We have struggled this season to break down those ā€œlesserā€ teams who sit back unlike the top end teams who will give it a go in open play.
      Thought Thiago was superb.

Oh, Iā€™ve just remembered my all time favourite last minute goal from a Liverpool playerā€¦..
      David Fairclough as super sub taking on the entire Everton team in the 88th minute at Anfield in 1976ā€¦ check it out on YouTube  ;)
      He picked the ball up on the half way line and just ran along the wing and into the Annie road end box weaving his way through the Everton defence to smash it home sending 50,000 reds into dreamland !!

UP THE f***in REDS !!

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #754: May 17, 2021 08:23:37 pm
      Think Faircloughs goal against St Ettine must be up there too
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #755: May 17, 2021 08:24:42 pm
      Understand it fully and if it impedes a goalkeeper from stopping the ball then fine but in this case it didn't and as I said if that player wasn't there would have no bearing on the goal

But these types of rules simply have to be black and white, there can't be room for interpretation or the grey areas just become an argument on any type of offside like this

He was offside and stood right in front of the keeper therefore it has to be given offside

Ive seen Ali make some unbelievable saves in his time here, if he had been able to see the first header and direction it was going his movement would have taken him the way the ball went

I'm.not saying he would have saved it because we don't know but there can't be room for grey areas in these and leaving it to guess work
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #756: May 17, 2021 08:28:40 pm
      But these types of rules simply have to be black and white, there can't be room for interpretation or the grey areas just become an argument on any type of offside like this

He was offside and stood right in front of the keeper therefore it has to be given offside

Ive seen Ali make some unbelievable saves in his time here, if he had been able to see the first header and direction it was going his movement would have taken him the way the ball went

I'm.not saying he would have saved it because we don't know but there can't be room for grey areas in these and leaving it to guess work

Halsey says it is open to interpretation though and says he thought he wasn't interfering.  If the linesman hadn't given it  VAR only didn't rule it legit because wasn't clear and obvious , if liner hadn't flagged would of come down to interpretation  from them so I guess there is grey area
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #757: May 17, 2021 08:29:07 pm

Oh, Iā€™ve just remembered my all time favourite last minute goal from a Liverpool playerā€¦..
      David Fairclough as super sub taking on the entire Everton team in the 88th minute at Anfield in 1976ā€¦ check it out on YouTube  ;)
      He picked the ball up on the half way line and just ran along the wing and into the Annie road end box weaving his way through the Everton defence to smash it home sending 50,000 reds into dreamland !!

UP THE f***in REDS !!

[/quote]

Wasn't that just after the goal he got against St Ettiene
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #758: May 17, 2021 08:31:40 pm
      Halsey says it is open to interpretation though and says he thought he wasn't interfering.  If the linesman hadn't given it  VAR only didn't rule it legit because wasn't clear and obvious , if liner hadn't flagged would of come down to interpretation  from them so I guess there is grey area

But the linesman saw the man in the offside position   (not the one who scored) and gave it because he was clearly offside

The only one guessing it seems is Halsey

Quick Reply