Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WBA?

Alisson Becker
      79 (63.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.6%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      43 (34.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: May 20, 2021 06:27:08 pm

West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26211 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: May 17, 2021 08:42:47 pm
      But the linesman saw the man in the offside position   (not the one who scored) and gave it because he was clearly offside

The only one guessing it seems is Halsey

Linesman saw he was offside but are you seriously saying from a side on view he is impeding the keepers view Jesus wept
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #760: May 17, 2021 08:44:16 pm

Wasn't that just after the goal he got against St Ettiene

No mate, he scored that goal in the derby in the April of 76.
      The St Etienne goal was a year later in the March en route to Rome !!
      Gerald Sinstadt commentating on both made it even extra special… ;D
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #761: May 17, 2021 08:44:48 pm
      Linesman saw he was offside but are you seriously saying from a side on view he is impeding the keepers view Jesus wept

No I don't believe I did

But he was two yards offside in the middle of the six yard box. So he gave him offside
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #762: May 17, 2021 08:46:56 pm
      No I don't believe I did

But he was two yards offside in the middle of the six yard box. So he gave him offside

So it is open to interpretation then clearly some like you think he impeded and stopped Ali others think he didn't so in my eyes that's a grey area
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #763: May 17, 2021 08:49:33 pm
      Understand it fully and if it impedes a goalkeeper from stopping the ball then fine but in this case it didn't and as I said if that player wasn't there would have no bearing on the goal

This is so simple a child could understand it....

According to Law 11.2 of the 2019/20 Laws of the Game, a player will be penalized if they are in an offside position and are interfering with an opponent by “preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision

The player literally was standing directly between Allison and the ball when played.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #764: May 17, 2021 08:50:30 pm
      So it is open to interpretation then clearly some like you think he impeded and stopped Ali others think he didn't so in my eyes that's a grey area

In your eyes yes, but not in the rules

Mate, I said earlier that when I first saw it I felt we got away with one but in the rules there simply can't be grey areas in these types of decisions

I agree with the point made earlier that if its not given then teams will try it on from these situations and hope that they get away with it, so you can't allow that and it's simply offside for obstructing the keepers vision. I'm afraid it has to be, there are rules we don't like but rules are there amd this is simple, and yes I'd feel a little hard done by if it was us like I felt we got away with one yesterday but ultimately I'd accept it as its a clear and correct  rule
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #765: May 17, 2021 08:56:14 pm
      In your eyes yes, but not in the rules

Mate, I said earlier that when I first saw it I felt we got away with one but in the rules there simply can't be grey areas in these types of decisions

I agree with the point made earlier that if its not given then teams will try it on from these situations and hope that they get away with it, so you can't allow that and it's simply offside for obstructing the keepers vision. I'm afraid it has to be, there are rules we don't like but rules are there amd this is simple, and yes I'd feel a little hard done by if it was us like I felt we got away with one yesterday but ultimately I'd accept it as its a clear and correct  rule

Not just in my eyes though is it an ex referee and explayers have said he wasn't interfeering so the rule clearly has grey areas I am afraid
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #766: May 17, 2021 08:57:48 pm
      Not just in my eyes though is it an ex referee and explayers have said he wasn't interfeering so the rule clearly has grey areas I am afraid

Problem with ex refs and ex players is they simply think about the game and rules at the point they played or reffed

So they're wrong by the letter of the modern laws

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #767: May 17, 2021 09:04:20 pm
      Watched Ali's goal again loads of times today, still brilliant to watch, what a way to win a game, the highlight of the season so far imho :)
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #768: May 17, 2021 09:18:29 pm
      This is so simple a child could understand it....

According to Law 11.2 of the 2019/20 Laws of the Game, a player will be penalized if they are in an offside position and are interfering with an opponent by “preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision

The player literally was standing directly between Allison and the ball when played.
      I understand the rule you welk I don't agree with it and that that player stopped Ali from saving it
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #769: May 17, 2021 09:22:45 pm
      It's a great rule, this interfering with the keeper's line of sight, should help prevent shithouse teams molesting the goalkeeper, but can anyone ever remember a decision like this being made before? I can't, but I only watch our games, nobody else's.

There's no doubt in my mind it's the right decision, having seen what people have posted, but I can't ever remember seeing a ref giving it in another game, and I can see from googling it that "line of vision" has been in the offside rules since 2012 or before then.

For me the dodgy decisions evened themselves out. We shouldn't have had a free that we scored from, but neither should they. Not surprisingly MOTD only concentrated on the dodgy decisions in our favour. They ignored the non-foul committed by Thiago. Usual BBC Manchester of the Day anti-LFC narrative.

The question is not whether Mike Dean was right (he was) to rule out their goal on "line of sight" but why other refs don't seem to apply this rule. In a game in which Mike Dean got so many decisions wrong, weirdly he seems to have shone a light on the incompetence of his fellow refs.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #770: May 17, 2021 09:26:22 pm
      I understand the rule you welk I don't agree with it and that that player stopped Ali from saving it
      Your an annoying turd aren’t you? Going to extreme lengths to defend your opinion when as a red you shouldn’t be really giving a F**k whether it was the right call or not given we got the points and the number of times we’ve been cheated on by Var this season.

Seriously get a grip.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #771: May 17, 2021 09:27:39 pm
      It's a great rule, this interfering with the keeper's line of sight, should help prevent shithouse teams molesting the goalkeeper, but can anyone ever remember a decision like this being made before? I can't, but I only watch our games, nobody else's.

There's no doubt in my mind it's the right decision, having seen what people have posted, but I can't ever remember seeing a ref giving it in another game, and I can see from googling it that "line of vision" has been in the offside rules since 2012 or before then.

For me the dodgy decisions evened themselves out. We shouldn't have had a free that we scored from, but neither should they. Not surprisingly MOTD only concentrated on the dodgy decisions in our favour. They ignored the non-foul committed by Thiago. Usual BBC Manchester of the Day anti-LFC narrative.

The question is not whether Mike Dean was right (he was) to rule out their goal on "line of sight" but why other refs don't seem to apply this rule. In a game in which Mike Dean got so many decisions wrong, weirdly he seems to have shone a light on the incompetence of his fellow refs.

Was it Mike Dean or the linesman and VAR ? Not doubting you but missed whether he discussed with linesman and did Dean agree in line of sight ?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #772: May 17, 2021 09:31:35 pm
      Your an annoying turd aren’t you? Going to extreme lengths to defend your opinion when as a red you shouldn’t be really giving a f**k whether it was the right call or not given we got the points and the number of times we’ve been cheated on by Var this season.

Seriously get a grip.

Go back to the count to a million thread you gimp
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #773: May 17, 2021 09:32:56 pm
      Was it Mike Dean or the linesman and VAR ? Not doubting you but missed whether he discussed with linesman and did Dean agree in line of sight ?

oh dunno, I just said Dean, I guess I meant the match officials as a team but presumably Dean had the last say

Don't think the line of sight is a grey area, it clearly was an issue but it requires a group decision doesn't it, the linesman has to flag offside from his angle and then some other official (on the pitch or VAR) has to see the line of sight issue from an angle at kind of 90 degrees to the linesman's angle, so it's a team effort and a two-stage process

I guess it's impossible to give it without the aid of VAR which is why it seems like a new rule even though it's been around for over 10 years.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #774: May 17, 2021 09:55:14 pm

don't be a dick Ali had to shove out of the way to start off plus he was offside. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #775: May 17, 2021 09:56:32 pm
      I have spent most of this evening finding as much as I can to watch Ali score . Still feel like its all a dream
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #776: May 17, 2021 09:57:55 pm

It doesn’t matter if he stopped him saving it, good grief you are thick.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #777: May 17, 2021 10:04:16 pm
      It doesn’t matter if he stopped him saving it, good grief you are thick.

Coming from the man who says " He doesn't know which man to play" WTF does that mean  :lmao:
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #778: May 17, 2021 10:05:21 pm
      don't be a dick Ali had to shove out of the way to start off plus he was offside.

Why you name calling Bully boy ?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #779: May 17, 2021 10:45:44 pm
      Why you name calling Bully boy ?
      Boohoo hoo coming from someone who just called someone a gimp and welp. Go F**k your self and support Everton.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #780: May 17, 2021 10:48:43 pm
      Boohoo hoo coming from someone who just called someone a gimp and welp. Go f**k your self and support Everton.

Welp  ? What's that :lmao: quick back in the count to a million thread you might get 85,000 in if you hurry  :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #781: May 17, 2021 11:05:17 pm
      Gentlemen.

We won dramatic victory.

Be happy.

Quick Reply