Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WBA?

Alisson Becker
      79 (63.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.6%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      43 (34.7%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: May 20, 2021 06:27:08 pm

West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26239 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: May 17, 2021 11:36:36 pm
      Coming from the man who says " He doesn't know which man to play" WTF does that mean  :lmao:

Wow, dig yourself an even bigger hole. 😂
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #783: May 17, 2021 11:57:02 pm
      Welp  ? What's that :lmao: quick back in the count to a million thread you might get 85,000 in if you hurry

I was a bit concerned when you seemed to be defending Big Sam's side so heavily after a pretty sensational Liverpool win.  I've got bigger concerns now that either your account has been hacked or you perhaps need to log yourself out and call somebody.  Stay safe.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #784: May 18, 2021 12:09:39 am
      Well whatever it says in the rule book, and wether you agree with it or not, matters not a jot.
      I think you’ll find somewhere in there, it says,  it comes down to the referees interpretation, and the referees decision is final.
      Or words to that effect.
      Therefore, no goal.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #785: May 18, 2021 12:44:51 am
      Wow, dig yourself an even bigger hole. 😂

;D he’s lost the plot.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #786: May 18, 2021 01:01:17 pm

I think he was "offside" with his comments.
      Anyhoo still absolutely buzzing.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #787: May 18, 2021 01:12:55 pm
      I really, really don't give a sh*t about their disallowed goal.

If it pisses off that giant headed dinosaur, that can only be another plus, along with the 3 points.

Seriously people, one of the best moments you will ever be priveleged to see with Ali's header, and some are banging on about that sh*t.

Enjoy the header, enjoy fat sam whining, enjoy the 3 points.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #788: May 18, 2021 01:26:53 pm
      I really, really don't give a sh*t about their disallowed goal.

If it pisses off that giant headed dinosaur, that can only be another plus, along with the 3 points.

Seriously people, one of the best moments you will ever be priveleged to see with Ali's header, and some are banging on about that sh*t.

Enjoy the header, enjoy fat sam whining, enjoy the 3 points.

Yea all a bit bizarre that goal needs to be immortalized in the Klopp era along with Lovrens header and Trents corner.

Give 2 fucks about fat F***ing Sam’s feelings.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #789: May 18, 2021 02:39:50 pm
      I missed the live broadcast and only seen the highlights, so can't really comment, needless to say though, what a header from Ali, the emotion he displayed was raw and I really felt for him, F**k knows how he felt deep down but that goal went some way to relieve the pain of losing his Ol fella, that picture of Ali & Jürgen embraced spoke a thousand word's, and i think we all collectively felt for them both,

Fantastic from Ali, and a fantastic three points off that miserable tw*t Allardyce, hopefully that c**t will F**k off into retirement so we don't have to suffer his anti football 70's style hoof ball, ever again.

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #790: May 18, 2021 03:45:22 pm
      For the offside, he was in front of the Becker so it is interfering, therefore an offside in the modern football.

Big Sam Loser :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #791: May 18, 2021 06:07:15 pm
      Gerald Sinstadt commentating on both made it even extra special… ;D

"The party's over" and his choice of cinema are what immediately springs to mind with Sinstadt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #792: May 18, 2021 08:45:31 pm
      I met Elton Welsby recently he is a bluenose and speaking with him he had that bitterness about our success . Sam big fat Sam has the same nasty feelings thinking our success prevent his success. The fact Ali scored the winner sort of makes it even more sweet.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #793: May 19, 2021 01:17:34 pm
      Quote from waltonl4
      when did you see this club ever have success easy.

We brought the title home last year by 18 points, 7 games from the finish line. How much easier do you want it?

Quote from rossyred
      F***ing Wijnaldum doesn't even celebrate at the back post miserable tw*t

He did celebrate, after everyone else did. 8 of his teammates made a beeline for Alisson when he scored. Only Wijnaldum and Robbo didn't.

Halsey says it is open to interpretation though and says he thought he wasn't interfering.  If the linesman hadn't given it  VAR only didn't rule it legit because wasn't clear and obvious , if liner hadn't flagged would of come down to interpretation  from them so I guess there is grey area

It's not rugby we're playing, even if Allardyce's bunch of pub footballers seem to have played it at some point. Nothing should have been given before our first goal, not a drop ball or a free kick. There was no foul so play should just continue. The goal was actually scored 30 yards further up the pitch, when they lost the ball, Mane then passed it to Mo and Mo put it in. They have no defence really. They have no case for the goal disallowed. If you want to block the keepers view, you better stay onside. As for Allardyce himself, he just kicks VAR because he knows it's the default response when teams don't get a decision their way.

Quote from EarnedIt6Times
      Oh do F**k off

He was probably expecting VAR to rule it out

Thousands of Reds have complained about not being able to celebrate any more cos they're waiting for VAR to chalk it off

For what? No foul. No offside. No handball. No problem lads. Celebrate as much as you want. And we did.

There was no incident in the game that needed a review. It's paranoia and conspiracy theories that are the main drivers of the negativity about VAR, rather than the facts. The uneducated and populist view is that we get "nothing". The facts are we get our fair share of decisions our way from it, as do other clubs. They can buy all sorts of resources and influence all kinds of games  because of it, but they can't buy VAR, at any price.

Quote from LondonRed83
      Still can’t believe it, I genuinely thought that was it, no chance of winning - then bang Alisson pops up with a world class header.

Please don’t do the same thing against Burnley and Palace, my heart and mental state can’t handle this sh*t, I prefer 2 goals to the good at half time please.

We might get it at home to Palace. Burnley away though, is probably a repeat of this. We are the form team in the league right now, but you never want to have to go to Burnley at this stage of the season when you need a result. But that's what we have to do and find another way of winning.

When the keeper comes up for a set piece, you know it's now or never time. I thought of the home game at Christmas, and was saying, "not another short corner please".  Usually when a Brazil international heads in a corner against West Brom, it's usually someone whose main job is to do that. But Alisson did what we pay our front three millions to do. Admittedly, he got a bit of help in that the post was wide open for him. As a defending team, you mark posts at corners or pay the consequences. That's why teams fail, when they can't even master the basics, let alone the complicated, but we got the benefit of a team too lazy to do it this time.

It was scored in the last minute of our last game behind closed doors, but the celebrations were long and loud. If ever a goal needed a crowd for it, that was it. Now it's back to mancland to face Burnley and their crowd. Win it and and we're in pole position to get the job done on Sunday.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #794: May 21, 2021 03:38:27 am
      Ali's winner, another in a long line of Historic and Iconic Moments that go down in Liverpool Football Club folklore!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #795: May 21, 2021 08:30:46 am
      Fat Dam, he just keeps on giving, biggest spoofer in football, useless sh*te
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #796: May 21, 2021 12:04:29 pm
      Fat Dam, he just keeps on giving, biggest spoofer in football, useless sh*te

Has anyone managed to stay in the gravy for so long despite having accomplished so little? He basically said he's leaving this job because it wound require too much work to build a good team going forward. Blows my mind to think he 1) was hired for the England job and 2) will probably manage in the Premier League again next season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #797: May 21, 2021 12:29:07 pm
      As a defending team, you mark posts at corners or pay the consequences. That's why teams fail, when they can't even master the basics, let alone the complicated, but we got the benefit of a team too lazy to do it this time.
      But you don’t need to do that, when all your players are 6 inches taller than the opposition.
      So soooo confident they would win every Airial ball into the box. When Ali goes up, the one player who could compete in physical presence, and they don’t fuvking mark him. They all stay with their 5ft 8 inch opponents who they could bully and overpower.
      Them useless wankers got all they deserved, including
      that fat outdated w**ker Alardyce who thinks you can best class with brawn. Total F***ing prat !
      😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #798: May 22, 2021 10:37:08 am
      Hows it working out? As in how many tickets and then are they divided equally among the 4 stands or will be have a good crowd on the kop?

No idea I'm afraid.

Quick Reply