Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Burnley v Liverpool - Wednesday 19th May 20:15 pm

Read 3996 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pre-Match: Burnley v Liverpool - Wednesday 19th May 20:15 pm
      Reply #23: May 19, 2021 01:59:15 pm
      maybe start drinking this afternoon and by kickoff we should be numb. Still think the lads are up for the fight now after the UTD game and Ali's miracle we will win tonight

I shall be going to shops for beer as soon as I finish work 6ish. ;D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #24: May 19, 2021 02:33:59 pm
      Heart says we win 3-0, head says we draw 1-1 and take it to the last day out of our hands hoping Leicester drop points against Spurs... would be the Liverpool way of late 😂
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: May 19, 2021 02:45:17 pm
      thats been in my heed. no likeeee. ;D

Would be so us
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #26: May 19, 2021 03:52:59 pm
      Not particularly looking forward to the game but it's amazing that top 4 is in our own hands given where we were a few weeks ago. I would consider playing Fab back in defence for this one. I like Big Nat but Williams scares the life out of me.

I think it will be a horrible game, ale house team with the fans back in the ground so it will be tough.

I think it will be a nervy 2-1 win.

We've never won with Fab in defense...I just don't think you can overlook that.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #27: May 19, 2021 03:54:46 pm
      A draw will feel like a massive deflating defeat.

Nothing other than a win will do! The boys have worked hard to get back to this point, this game is essentially worth millions!

Come on boys, do the business - the talent is clear, just F***ing do the magic.

If Sadio is on it tonight then it will be easy.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #28: May 19, 2021 04:18:57 pm
      Has to be Fabinho and Thiago in midfield but third midfielder is a problem ,Gini or Curtis ? Nat Philips will have his work cut out to stop Woods but I think he'll do the job ! ,we have to go balls out for this and grab the win ,sh*t or bust really !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #29: May 19, 2021 04:43:27 pm
      Has to be Fabinho and Thiago in midfield but third midfielder is a problem ,Gini or Curtis ? Nat Philips will have his work cut out to stop Woods but I think he'll do the job ! ,we have to go balls out for this and grab the win ,sh*t or bust really !

What if throw Shaq into midfield? Maybe not enough of a workhorse for what Klopp will want to do?

Also I don't think there will be any draw tonight...we will either win or get shithoused into a loss.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #30: May 19, 2021 04:56:52 pm
      Got to play better tonight. A better team would have punished us on Sunday and whilst Burnley might not be miles better than WBA they still have a few handy attackers including Wood who is in good form.

I'd be really tempted to drop Fabinho back into midfield for this one but only if Milner's fit to come into the midfield.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31: May 19, 2021 05:26:14 pm
      just for once could we score two goals in the first 10 mins so we can sit back and enjoy the game

You know betterWalt.  :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #32: May 19, 2021 05:41:32 pm
      Sounds like one change, Gini for Jones.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #33: May 19, 2021 05:45:37 pm
      We've never won with Fab in defense...I just don't think you can overlook that.

Never say never. Prior to last week, regarding a Liverpool goalkeeper scoring a headed winner can be easily overlooked. Odds against, but the odd chance still exists...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #34: May 19, 2021 05:57:13 pm

in life I am a natural pessimist whilst football makes me the ultimate optimist .  I also believe in positive vibes which is difficult on here at times.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: May 19, 2021 06:00:42 pm
      Heart says we win 3-0, head says we draw 1-1 and take it to the last day out of our hands hoping Leicester drop points against Spurs... would be the Liverpool way of late 😂

give your head a wobble and listen to your heart this isnt a cold wet night in November. Seeing as you cant get a Doctors appointment for love of money then the lads owe it to us not to stress us out too much.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #36: May 19, 2021 06:11:37 pm
      Not particularly looking forward to the game but it's amazing that top 4 is in our own hands given where we were a few weeks ago. I would consider playing Fab back in defence for this one. I like Big Nat but Williams scares the life out of me.

With the injury list we've had, it's incredible we're even in the mix. The bottle and the last ounce of energy the lads have found in the past month or so is unbelievable.

Disagree on Fab though, he is far too valuable in mid and we win games when he plays there, simple as. I think he can do enough to organise and guide Williams from defensive mid position. I'd take a blunder from Williams if it means Fab allows full backs to bomb on and provide for the front three. When he plays defence, midfield is too exposed and full backs end up defending far more than attacking. Everyone knows what a class defensive midfielder Fab is, but I don't think we truly appreciate just how integral he is to the system Klopp has set up.

Whatever happens, I don't think my hear rate can take this level of anxiety week in week out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37: May 19, 2021 06:40:58 pm
      Can't for the life of me understand why some of you would put Fabinho back as CB, have you all lost your minds, or bottle,  it's f***in Burnley and we are Liverpool, we're miles better than them, yes it'll be tough, one of the toughest but even so, putting Fabinho in as CB is admitting we're worried about their attack,  and it makes us weaker, crazy decision if that happens,

Our quality will be the difference,  and we should take the game to them, dominate them and make sure they chase shadows, I want us zipping the ball about and attack attack attack at will, if we lose the odd goal so be it but we could score 4, sitting back and let them drag us down to their level spells disaster imo, 

They are safe, nothing in it for them except pride and the chance to put one over on us, so lets deflate their balloon and score within  the first 10 and they won't fancy the fight never mind trying to do us !

LETS f***in DO THIS  !!!!!!!!

YNWA

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #38: May 19, 2021 06:45:06 pm
      Don’t believe it’s apt in a moment like this to start adjusting the team too much to counter Burnley’s shithouse tactics.

Play our best players in their best positions and if we dominate the ball and press the f*ck out of them with enough determination and perseverance the chances will come and the goals should flow.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #39: May 19, 2021 06:50:21 pm
      I'm off to watch it at my parents. Can't do it today. Come on Reds.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40: May 19, 2021 06:54:39 pm
      Been trying to convince myself that whatever will be will be and whatever the consequences are we'll face it when it happens. But just nervous as hell now so really I have just been fooling myself.  As nervous as a cup final or title decider

Quick Reply