Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      3 (3.2%)
      Nat Phillips
      75 (80.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.3%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      9 (9.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: May 23, 2021 10:05:07 pm

Burnley 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 13594 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Burnley 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: May 19, 2021 10:47:55 pm
      YES !!!

It's
      very
      much
      in
      our
      hands

;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #507: May 19, 2021 10:58:39 pm
      the last 9 games we have won 7 drawn 2 23 points from 27 that is championship winning form. Just one more push put this season to bed and start a fresh with a fantastic squad of platers.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #508: May 19, 2021 11:01:11 pm
      Nat was immense tonight and I’ve been critical of our makeshift CB’s. But credit where it’s due. He will get F**k all game time when the others are back to fitness and he seriously lacks pace which is essential at the highest  level, but he gives his all which is all anyone can ask for.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #509: May 19, 2021 11:02:33 pm
      the last 9 games we have won 7 drawn 2 23 points from 27 that is championship winning form. Just one more push put this season to bed and start a fresh with a fantastic squad of platers.

Poxy February
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #510: May 19, 2021 11:04:07 pm

no one will ever be able to explain that period of defeats.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #511: May 19, 2021 11:07:11 pm
      F***ing hell, Fat Sam being interviewed after the WH match, Red Adair me F***ing hole, still talking about Liverpool being lucky bla bla bla, let it go ye deluded potato.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #512: May 19, 2021 11:09:22 pm
      F***ing hell, Fat Sam being interviewed after the WH match, Red Adair me f**king hole, still talking about Liverpool being lucky bla bla bla, let it go ye deluded potato.

he will still wake up tomorrow an angry bitter man
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #513: May 19, 2021 11:12:06 pm
      F***ing hell, Fat Sam being interviewed after the WH match, Red Adair me f**king hole, still talking about Liverpool being lucky bla bla bla, let it go ye deluded potato.

They got relegated, he's leaving so why is he so hung up on Liverpool ? ..the fat get
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #514: May 19, 2021 11:20:59 pm
      They got relegated, he's leaving so why is he so hung up on Liverpool ? ..the fat get

Cos he's Fergie's first choice rimmer.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #515: May 19, 2021 11:58:34 pm
      Ox with a fantastic goal tonight. Excellent individual skill and looked very sharp in his execution. I just wonder whether having been written off by so many whether we might not see a bit more of him next season. 
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #516: May 20, 2021 12:01:23 am
      Sunday?  Bring it on....!

Not the greatest performance ever, but who cares?  The result's the important thing, but well played the lads - it's in our own hands now!

Nathan my MOM for the goal and the goalline clearance.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #517: May 20, 2021 12:04:34 am
      Erm they were really up for it against Villa!

Can’t see it myself, Spuds are mashed, losing Harry, got no manager, won’t be in any European footy, Son will want out, got a big new shiny stadium to pay for , Levy won’t spend any dollar, and who the F**k would want to play for a side with no ambition, I hope tae F**k Leicester absolutely f***in batters them, they deserve all they f***in get, Levy sacked Poch after one bad spell as manager, then brought in the special c**t and sacked him too, now his club is a poisoned chalice and about to lose their star man and no half decent manager will be mad enough to work under that useless bald headed wannabe.

F**k ‘em’ I’d rather watch Brentford, least they got something about them, fight determination, hunger, desire, everything Spuds haven’t, Poch got them to a CL final, their first, then sack him because of a bad run of games, and they’ve been on the slippery slope ever since, I hope they drop like a fat kid on a seesaw, straight thru the premiership trapdoor, the cu*ts, and take their shitty cockney wankstain fans with them.      To dare is to do….yeah, F**k off, tw*ts.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #518: May 20, 2021 12:16:58 am

Can’t see it myself, Spuds are mashed, losing Harry, got no manager, won’t be in any European footy, Son will want out, got a big new shiny stadium to pay for , Levy won’t spend any dollar, and who the f**k would want to play for a side with no ambition, I hope tae f**k Leicester absolutely f***in batters them, they deserve all they f***in get, Levy sacked Poch after one bad spell as manager, then brought in the special c**t and sacked him too, now his club is a poisoned chalice and about to lose their star man and no half decent manager will be mad enough to work under that useless bald headed wannabe.

F**k ‘em’ I’d rather watch Brentford, least they got something about them, fight determination, hunger, desire, everything Spuds haven’t, Poch got them to a CL final, their first, then sack him because of a bad run of games, and they’ve been on the slippery slope ever since, I hope they drop like a fat kid on a seesaw, straight thru the premiership trapdoor, the cu*ts, and take their shitty cockney wankstain fans with them.      To dare is to do….yeah, F**k off, Tw*ts.

Uh we don’t want Leicester to batter them. We want Leicester to lose. And if Leicester do beat them, we sure as hell don’t want them to win by much.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #519: May 20, 2021 12:17:25 am

Can’t see it myself, Spuds are mashed, losing Harry, got no manager, won’t be in any European footy, Son will want out, got a big new shiny stadium to pay for , Levy won’t spend any dollar, and who the f**k would want to play for a side with no ambition, I hope tae f**k Leicester absolutely f***in batters them, they deserve all they f***in get, Levy sacked Poch after one bad spell as manager, then brought in the special c**t and sacked him too, now his club is a poisoned chalice and about to lose their star man and no half decent manager will be mad enough to work under that useless bald headed wannabe.

F**k ‘em’ I’d rather watch Brentford, least they got something about them, fight determination, hunger, desire, everything Spuds haven’t, Poch got them to a CL final, their first, then sack him because of a bad run of games, and they’ve been on the slippery slope ever since, I hope they drop like a fat kid on a seesaw, straight thru the premiership trapdoor, the cu*ts, and take their shitty cockney wankstain fans with them.      To dare is to do….yeah, F**k off, Tw*ts.

They looked awful tonight from the highlights. All over the place at the back. Definitely wouldn’t want to bank anything on that lot holding Leicester.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Burnley V Liverpool
      Reply #520: May 20, 2021 01:47:05 am
      OMG can't believe I'll be supporting Spurs 😯

Me neither. I'll need to wear a mask I reckon.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #521: May 20, 2021 02:04:50 am
      If we win 1-0 and they win 5-0 then I think they finish 4th as they'd have scored more goals and same GD.  That's how it used to work anyway - might have changed.

Unlikely.  Also assumes that Chelsea beat Villa away.

Yes, if they draw level on goal difference (such as 5-0 for them and 1-0 for us as you mention) than they pip us on goals scored, the 4th tiebreaker (we would be even on points and head to head results).

But that is not going to happen. Tonight's result should help us play with a much more relaxed mindset. We are showing a lot more quality -not back to title-winning level, but much better than during our dip. I especially like how well we are playing out of the back for much of the game, including the inexperienced center backs. That is a great testament to the coaching done of the team during training and the footballing intelligence of our players. Gave away the ball too much in the opening part of the game but settled down and looked much sharper and smarter as the game went on.

Just need one more good performance to set the stage for a rebound next season.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2021 02:12:30 am by Robby The Z »
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #522: May 20, 2021 02:31:02 am
      Off topic, just to show you how crazy the season is, the two draws against Leeds and Newcastle, if we would’ve won those games, I believe we would be fighting for second place.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #523: May 20, 2021 02:36:17 am
      F***ing get in.

And F***ing double get in the Bolton Baresi
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #524: May 20, 2021 02:37:39 am
      Nat has been relatively injury free which is a good sign Joe and Joel have been easily broken over the last few seasons and we need consistency next year back there. If everyone is fit do we need many new players because they would need to be special to get into our best XI

Lot of Gomez been impact injuries though, I think. If that's right then unfair of people to call him injury prone
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #525: May 20, 2021 06:59:50 am
      Uh we don’t want Leicester to batter them. We want Leicester to lose. And if Leicester do beat them, we sure as hell don’t want them to win by much.

But we’ll batter Palace so it won’t matter what Leicester do will it ?
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #526: May 20, 2021 07:17:36 am
      We do have fans Sunday vs. CP, do we? I mean this should make things easier. If we win, Leicester would need to beat Spurs 4-0 or even more. That‘s unrealistic, but of course you never say never.
      Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #527: May 20, 2021 07:20:42 am
      Nat has been relatively injury free which is a good sign Joe and Joel have been easily broken over the last few seasons and we need consistency next year back there. If everyone is fit do we need many new players because they would need to be special to get into our best XI
      Nat deserves a chance to play alongside VVD. However we do need a potent striker going into next season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #528: May 20, 2021 07:38:21 am
      Terrific win against the anti football club.
      Some iffy moments as is expected this season, but a decent performance for most of it.
      Nat Phillips clearly had the game of his life.
      Made up for him. My motm.
      Snd now to palace !

Quick Reply