Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm

Read 6862 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm
      May 20, 2021 11:27:44 am
      As Abba once said, the winner takes it all, though the draw might do!!

Last day of the season. 4th, maybe 3rd, place up for grabs.

I think if we knew we were going to be in this situation on the last day 3 months ago we would have grabbed it with both hands.

On paper its a game you would say yes thatll do. But Palace not only havr form at Anfield, they have pride to fix from the drubbing we gave them before Christmas. This has the potential to be tricky.

However, do not underestimate what having support in the ground will bring. Not to mention players like Bobby and Thiago looking like they have found form at the right time.

Hopefully the players, and fans domt feel the need to score early. Calm heads for 94 or 95 minutes will get us through.

As it stands

Chelsea 67 GD 23
      Liverpool 66 GD 24
      Leicester 66 GD 20

Scenarios

Match what Leicester do, we qualify

Draw, Chelsea and Leicester lose finish 3rd

Win and chelsea draw or lose finish 3rd

Draw, Leicester win, chelsea lose, finish 4th

Lose and Leicester draw or win and its 5th

Draw and Leicester win and chelsea draw or win its 5th

Draw and Leicester win  by 5 and chelsea draw or win its 5th

Draw, Leicester win by 5 and chelsea lose its 4th
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2021 12:30:07 pm by JD »
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,767 posts | 570 
      Re: D day: Pre match:- Liverpool v Crystal palace - Prem lge - Sun May 23rd - KO 4pm
      Reply #1: May 20, 2021 01:13:48 pm
      I can't believe its still so bloody complicated with only 1 game, so just win boys and that will surely be enough unless Spurs get annihilated.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: D day: Pre match:- Liverpool v Crystal palace - Prem lge - Sun May 23rd - KO 4pm
      Reply #2: May 20, 2021 08:28:42 pm
      All we can do is win. That’s in our hands.
      For the third game in a row we play a negative manager who will park the bus. Or at least try to.

Benteke has had a decent season for his standards and zaha can be tricky to play against.

I think there will be goals. For both teams.
      4-3.

Villa and chelsea is also hard to call as is Leicester and spurs. I’m gonna make sure I have a change of pants at hand.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #3: May 20, 2021 08:39:36 pm
      Think we’ll win, so will Leicester, by more than us against an insipid Spurs, but not enough to make a difference, and Chelsea draw. Think that makes us 3rd Leicester 4th chelsea 5th.

And Chelsea win the C L. Hate to say that, but just don’t want city to EVER win it 😊
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #4: May 20, 2021 08:40:34 pm
      I think we will win. I don't think the boys will have fought and scrapped so hard the last few weeks to come up short at home with fans. They will do whatever it takes to send Roy off a loser.

I do believe we have the best form of any team in the league over the last however many games.

We'll win this one fellas.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #5: May 20, 2021 08:41:59 pm
      Eze injured - he’s a great player.

Need to watch out for Big Ben
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,126 posts | 127 
      Reply #6: May 20, 2021 09:56:58 pm
      would love see a goal fest for the reds, everyone hitting form at the same time, but got reality glasses on.  Hard, hard season for the manager, and players, and for us as supporters, but still put 2 nil to us.  I believe we will be back
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #7: May 20, 2021 10:29:04 pm
      Dude, we're 4 goals up in the GD department. Stop freaking out so much. If we win 1-0 they would have to win by 6 to get in over us. I'm pretty sure we get in if we're level on GD based on head to head. We won 3-0 and lost 3-1.

Win and you're in.

YNWA baby
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #8: May 20, 2021 11:17:04 pm
      What happens if goal difference the same dose it go to most goals score
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #9: May 21, 2021 12:18:49 am
      Am I right in reading that there will be no ticket cost for the final game at Anfield ...?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #10: May 21, 2021 01:01:04 am
      What happens if goal difference the same dose it go to most goals score

I read that it goes to head to head. We would win that as we won 3-0 and lost 3-1
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #11: May 21, 2021 01:01:34 am
      Am I right in reading that there will be no ticket cost for the final game at Anfield ...?

If that's the case than I'm leaving America right now
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: May 21, 2021 01:26:45 am
      Benteke hitting prime form which concerns me a bit he’s game suits Nat but I would prefer if Kabak was back instead of Rhys.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #13: May 21, 2021 09:25:40 am
      I read that it goes to head to head. We would win that as we won 3-0 and lost 3-1
      For clarification it goes goal difference, then goals scored and then head to head.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-leicester-goal-points-difference-20610798

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that though!

Win and I think we will be fine. Anything less though and we'll be in trouble because I see Chelsea and Leicester winning their games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      Reply #14: May 21, 2021 09:52:10 am
      For clarification it goes goal difference, then goals scored and then head to head.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-leicester-goal-points-difference-20610798

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that though!

Win and I think we will be fine. Anything less though and we'll be in trouble because I see Chelsea and Leicester winning their games.

I just have a feeling we win, Leicester win and chelsea draw, might be wishful thinking but thats the gut feeling
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15: May 21, 2021 09:59:35 am
      NB: Team no longer available

Come on Reds.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #16: May 21, 2021 10:46:15 am
      For my match day attire I dug out an old tee shirt I hadn't worn since back in September and wore it for the Man U game....
      I put it back on for the West Brom game and wore it again the other night against Burnley..
      It's beginning to hum a bit but I couldn't care less... It'll be worn again on Sunday for the Palace game..

Funny how little superstitions like that affect you isn't it..

I might not wash it again.... ever  ;D
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Re: D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm
      Reply #17: May 21, 2021 01:24:09 pm
      Really looking forward to having fans back in.

4-0

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm
      Reply #18: May 21, 2021 01:35:42 pm
      JUST WIN !!!

Anyone actually getting to go the match ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      Reply #19: May 21, 2021 01:47:07 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has paid tribute to Liverpool FC kit man Graham Carter ahead of his final game with the club this Sunday.

Carter began working for the Reds as a coach driver in the 1970s – a role that he took on full-time in 1986 – before joining the team at Melwood under Gerard Houllier in 1999.

He will retire from the position and bid farewell to the club after the Premier League clash with Crystal Palace at Anfield this weekend.

“We will say goodbye to Graham Carter,” said Klopp at his pre-match press conference.

“That will definitely happen, that we say goodbye to Graham Carter – kit man for 35, or even more, years at the club.

“The best kit man I ever had; we have a really good one here, but the most experienced kit man I ever had. Father figure, grandfather figure, whatever you want.

“We will say goodbye to him in an appropriate way.”

Some service that. One of those behind the scene people who keep things ticking over

Best of luck in retirement and thanks for the service  Graham
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: May 21, 2021 01:54:43 pm
      Same side that Twatted Burnley for me, see no reason to change anything unless there's a injury we don't know about,
      With Fans back in I can see us putting on a fine last game of the season display and sending Roy off with a severe battering,
      Talking of which, it's Roy's farewell game and although he isn't that popular around Anfield for obvious reasons, i think we should show a bit of class and send him off with rapturous applause or sing out his name, 
      He has given over 40 years of his life as a coach or manager and played in his earlier career,
      It would show us in a good light if we were to show him the respect he deserves.

Well Done Roy, thank you for your services to football.

YNWA
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #21: May 21, 2021 02:01:15 pm
      As confident of a win for this one as have been in a long time this season. It really should be no contest. With fans in the stands and 4th place within our reach we should be raring to get out there and pummel Palace.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: May 21, 2021 02:01:55 pm
      Same side that Twatted Burnley for me, see no reason to change anything unless there's a injury we don't know about,
      With Fans back in I can see us putting on a fine last game of the season display and sending Roy off with a severe battering,
      Talking of which, it's Roy's farewell game and although he isn't that popular around Anfield for obvious reasons, i think we should show a bit of class and send him off with rapturous applause or sing out his name, 
      He has given over 40 years of his life as a coach or manager and played in his earlier career,
      It would show us in a good light if we were to show him the respect he deserves.

Well Done Roy, thank you for your services to football.

YNWA
      Jürgen Klopp has paid tribute to Liverpool FC kit man Graham Carter ahead of his final game with the club this Sunday.

Carter began working for the Reds as a coach driver in the 1970s – a role that he took on full-time in 1986 – before joining the team at Melwood under Gerard Houllier in 1999.

He will retire from the position and bid farewell to the club after the Premier League clash with Crystal Palace at Anfield this weekend.

“We will say goodbye to Graham Carter,” said Klopp at his pre-match press conference.

“That will definitely happen, that we say goodbye to Graham Carter – kit man for 35, or even more, years at the club.

“The best kit man I ever had; we have a really good one here, but the most experienced kit man I ever had. Father figure, grandfather figure, whatever you want.

“We will say goodbye to him in an appropriate way.”

Some service that. One of those behind the scene people who keep things ticking over

Best of luck in retirement and thanks for the service  Graham

Yes, well done Graham,  fantastic service to LFC, hope you have a long and happy retirement,  you can stop folding now 😂

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #23: May 21, 2021 02:09:16 pm

However, do not underestimate what having support in the ground will bring

Unease
      Disquietude
      Phillips
      Perturbation
      Angst
      Anxiety
      Consternation
      Dread
      Trepidation
      Alarm
      Terror
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24: May 21, 2021 02:45:21 pm
      No need to complicate things,  for me it's a simple case of we win and we're in.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #25: May 21, 2021 04:53:30 pm
      No need to complicate things,  for me it's a simple case of we win and we're in.

Nailed it
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26: May 21, 2021 08:31:41 pm
      Helps Eze missing for this one.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #27: May 21, 2021 08:34:17 pm
      Is Kabak not back yet?
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #28: May 21, 2021 09:22:29 pm
      We will win, and be playing in champions lg next season, crazy a few were calling for Klopps head a few months ago, we have turned it around, and when the players are sat in the dressing room, and hear the fans singing, what a feeling it will be for them after a season of silence, COYR.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #29: May 21, 2021 09:51:16 pm

I'm very tempted to go along with this but seems far too simple an outcome if we're involved.

Leicester probably be 3 up or some bollocks at half time.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #30: May 21, 2021 10:31:48 pm
      With 4 goals to the good we have a really solid chance of gaining CL football its in our own hands we have one foot in the door so to speak  ,my only real concern is Spurs, they are famous for not cutting it when it matters ,even more now with Arry ready for the of, plus Son will have an exit plan he`d be stupid not to, things aint maybe so straight forward.

The fact is Spurs have an interim manager who if the truth be told has zip chance of the job, which would suggest a new man in charge and will have a big F..  Off  broom to sweep the dross out at Tottenham, with that in mind theres 5-9 players who`s jacket`s are on a shaky nail,Alderweireld  Sanches, Aurier, Davies, Winks, Alli, Lamela Dier, Docherty last game of the season dont want to get injured who signs and injured player especially a Spurs injured player who aint cutting the mustard, who were instrumental in  seeing Pochettino get his good looks and who José slated for 4 hours after he got his marching orders from Levy.

Spurs are sh*te they have a terrible defence Harry`s going , Son is thinking about it Bale heads full of golf and bubbles, footballs way down in his list of priorities  add in the above players ,if Brendan gets Vardy and Co on full tonto ,is it possible they could shove 6 or 7 past Spurs I dont think its to difficult given the circumstances .

As for the Palace game , Im 99.99% confident Jürgen will have us ready to see this horrendous season over and done with and to gain CL football ,its just that 00.01% and football no wot I mean.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #31: May 22, 2021 12:43:04 am
      I'm very tempted to go along with this but seems far too simple an outcome if we're involved.

Leicester have scored 5 goals twice all year. They beat City 5-2 and Sheffield Utd 5-0. Relax dawg. Win and were in
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #32: May 22, 2021 01:47:44 am
      Leicester have scored 5 goals twice all year. They beat City 5-2 and Sheffield Utd 5-0. Relax dawg. Win and were in

Thanks for reminding us they scored 5 against City. 😉
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #33: May 22, 2021 09:20:55 am
      Play to our strengths and we will beat Crystal Palace 4  0, to give Woy a fitting farewell.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      Reply #34: May 22, 2021 09:57:23 am
      Aside from the importance of the game it could be a farewell parade fir several players to.

Gini, Shaq Divock, Naby and Kabak must be all serious doubts to be here next season

And Adrian defo wont
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #35: May 22, 2021 10:10:48 am
      Aside from the importance of the game it could be a farewell parade fir several players to.

Gini, Shaq Divock, Naby and Kabak must be all serious doubts to be here next season

And Adrian defo wont

Gini defo, the rest very probably will be gone. Div & shaq in the way of young lads like Elliott getting near the 1st team.

Kabak depends on this other defender thats maybe coming in.

Naby maybe given 1 more season, but just dunn, guys fekin made of glass though int eh, maybe just cant cut it this league.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      Reply #36: May 22, 2021 10:30:00 am

Perhaps I am kidding  myself that it will be relatively plain sailing
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #37: May 22, 2021 12:45:14 pm
      Hoping Ali ends his goal drought tomorrow
      redclocker
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42 posts |
      Reply #38: May 22, 2021 03:17:04 pm
      If that's the case than I'm leaving America right now
      Unfortunately no - we've came out in the ballot and paid £40 for Annie Road End.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      Reply #39: May 22, 2021 04:14:41 pm
      Perhaps I am kidding  myself that it will be relatively plain sailing

Mate nothing surer that Martin Kelly crosses a ball in that sakho gets his head to but Nat blocks and it falls to Benteke to tap in for 1 nil

We wake up with 15 to go and get 2, Mo  and Sadio at the death
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #40: May 22, 2021 04:18:13 pm
      Chance Jota back for this be a boost if need a goal
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #41: May 22, 2021 05:50:28 pm
      Today is feeling like a eternity waiting for tomorrow.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #42: May 22, 2021 06:00:21 pm
      As much as I agree that I think a win will be enough for us... if Leicester beat spurs 8-0 it still wouldn’t be the craziest result of the season.
      Anything can happen.

We should win though. We seem to have found confidence and form at the right time.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #43: May 22, 2021 07:04:26 pm
      Leicester posts are almost everywhere here. I won’t be following us then. I’m convinced I should tune in to their match.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #44: May 22, 2021 08:02:31 pm
      Would I have taken this start of season absolutely not . Would I have taken this January onwards absolutely considering everything that has been thrown our way . Come on Boys one last push
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,845 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #45: May 22, 2021 10:51:52 pm
      Hoping the supporters in the ground can be our 12th man and we tw*t Palace ! Would give Gini the captain arm band briefly before he gets subbed as a mark of respect
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #46: May 23, 2021 01:24:15 am
      Just WIN Boys !!!!

Oh and Mo to get the Golden Boot by himself, would be a nice bonus!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,210 posts | 1214 
      Reply #47: May 23, 2021 02:35:18 am
      F*ck all this stuff about other teams; we have Palace at home to salvage our season. Mash them up, please!
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #48: May 23, 2021 02:55:16 am
      With 4 goals to the good we have a really solid chance of gaining CL football its in our own hands we have one foot in the door so to speak  ,my only real concern is Spurs, they are famous for not cutting it when it matters ,even more now with Arry ready for the of, plus Son will have an exit plan he`d be stupid not to, things aint maybe so straight forward.

The fact is Spurs have an interim manager who if the truth be told has zip chance of the job, which would suggest a new man in charge and will have a big F..  Off  broom to sweep the dross out at Tottenham, with that in mind theres 5-9 players who`s jacket`s are on a shaky nail,Alderweireld  Sanches, Aurier, Davies, Winks, Alli, Lamela Dier, Docherty last game of the season dont want to get injured who signs and injured player especially a Spurs injured player who aint cutting the mustard, who were instrumental in  seeing Pochettino get his good looks and who José slated for 4 hours after he got his marching orders from Levy.

Spurs are sh*te they have a terrible defence Harry`s going , Son is thinking about it Bale heads full of golf and bubbles, footballs way down in his list of priorities  add in the above players ,if Brendan gets Vardy and Co on full tonto ,is it possible they could shove 6 or 7 past Spurs I dont think its to difficult given the circumstances .

As for the Palace game , Im 99.99% confident Jürgen will have us ready to see this horrendous season over and done with and to gain CL football ,its just that 00.01% and football no wot I mean.

If we signed Son I'd soil my boxers.

Levy would have our pants down from a mile off or probably just outright refuse to negotiate.

I'd offer 45 + Sadio and see what Levy's made of.

Tomorrow we need to get an early one in.

It's been a very very tough year for us all.

I'd like to apologise to everyone I offended. I lost very close loved ones and Liverpool being sh*t just killed me. Football was meant to be my 90 min getaway but I stopped watching us it got that bad for me.

I know I cam be very negative at times and I genuinely apologise to you all.

I do think some posters took it way too far with me (threats of violence, mockery of sensitive situations etc) but let's just get 4th place, have a little clearout, and no harm done.

4th is a miracle tbh
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: May 23, 2021 04:14:52 am
      Mate nothing surer that Martin Kelly crosses a ball in that sakho gets his head to but Nat blocks and it falls to Benteke to tap in for 1 nil

We wake up with 15 to go and get 2, Mo  and Sadio at the death

*Covers ears* noooooooo. Don't say thaaaaat!

3-0 to us at the break please.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #50: May 23, 2021 07:47:14 am
      Today is the day!! Come on Liverpool!!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,107 posts | 83 
      Reply #51: May 23, 2021 08:14:18 am
      Somehow we will bottle it, but our uberhuman luck two years ago against Napoli & Barca to win #6 will be worth it. I don't need CL, it's a shame anyway that non-champions can take part there, it's just a blown-up competition to bolster the rich and mighty further more, kind of Super League in disguise. I rather want #20 next year to make it eye-to-eye with the scums, and then to earn the right to call us truly CL-winner a season later.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #52: May 23, 2021 08:28:22 am
      Almost there again. Can't see anything other than a liverpool win today. Its the final game of the season,  so I see no point in Palace sitting back and parking the bus, which should leave space at the back for us to exploit.
      Salah to get 2 goals, Mane 1.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #53: May 23, 2021 08:39:40 am
      Hoping the supporters in the ground can be our 12th man and we tw*t Palace ! Would give Gini the captain arm band briefly before he gets subbed as a mark of respect
      There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the fans will make one hell of a difference today,it may only be 10,000 in the ground but that number will still be rocking & making one hell of a racket & they will get us over the line as they have done on countless occasions,3-1 and European cup football next season is a fantastic silver lining to sign off on.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #54: May 23, 2021 08:54:44 am

I'd offer 45 + Sadio and see what Levy's made of.

Thank F**k you aren't doing our negotiations!!!!!
      Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #55: May 23, 2021 09:17:43 am
      NB: Team no longer available

Come on Reds.
      Our lass could have predicted that team.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #56: May 23, 2021 09:42:54 am
      You're probably thinking of Wednesday night when Burnley gave their fans the tickets for free. 
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #57: May 23, 2021 09:53:16 am
      After everything that's happened this season, on and off the pitch, I'm just happy we've still got the chance of a place in the CL.

Hope those lucky enough to be going to Anfield have a great afternoon - it's gonna make a world of difference having the fans back.

Can't see anything other than a Salah masterclass.  If Villa beat Chelsea that'll be the icing on the cake.  A long and happy retirement to Graham Carter, and Roy and, if this does turn out to be his last game in red, good luck and thanks to Gini.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #58: May 23, 2021 09:54:28 am
       Forget the other games, simply go out and win today against Crystal Palace, hopefully we will be celebrating qualifying for the Champions League this evening !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,970 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #59: May 23, 2021 10:16:12 am
      Thank f**k you aren't doing our negotiations!!!!!

:lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      Reply #60: May 23, 2021 10:16:47 am
      id give Ox the start. His ability to get into the box could be a key factor, I suspect the Palace box will rresemble a car park for coaches today so timed runs from midfield could be crucial
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #61: May 23, 2021 11:19:36 am
      Going for a nice 3 nil win.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #62: May 23, 2021 11:32:25 am
      It's in our hands, so please wear the shooting boots!
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #63: May 23, 2021 11:33:44 am
      Thank f**k you aren't doing our negotiations!!!!!

We'll discuss this comment mid next season
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #64: May 23, 2021 11:51:11 am
      Almost there again. Can't see anything other than a liverpool win today. Its the final game of the season,  so I see no point in Palace sitting back and parking the bus, which should leave space at the back for us to exploit.
      Salah to get 2 goals, Mane 1.

Thats what they will do regardless. Will be up to us to break it down .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #65: May 23, 2021 11:52:46 am
      Somehow we will bottle it, but our uberhuman luck two years ago against Napoli & Barca to win #6 will be worth it. I don't need CL, it's a shame anyway that non-champions can take part there, it's just a blown-up competition to bolster the rich and mighty further more, kind of Super League in disguise. I rather want #20 next year to make it eye-to-eye with the scums, and then to earn the right to call us truly CL-winner a season later.

:lmao:

Thats funny.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #66: May 23, 2021 12:11:17 pm
      I’m thinking we will do enough to get CL next season, but it’s gonna be a close run thing.
      Nervous as F**k though.
      I do remember us having a four goal advantage going into our last game once before 😬
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #67: May 23, 2021 12:12:46 pm
      We'll discuss this comment mid next season

No we won’t. I predict you won’t be around on this forum at that point.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: May 23, 2021 12:16:20 pm
      The pendulum swings on here from overconfidence to defeatism and back are remarkable.  :)

We've regained some form to be certain, but I don't see this being an easy match. We're creating more chances and finishing some, but we're still vulnerable at the back. I think we're in for some twists and turns on the day.

But the manager has held things together and put us in a position to play at the highest level in Europe next season. Backing the team to do a job and finish this difficult season by qualifying for the Champions League.

Then I am ready for the summer break.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #69: May 23, 2021 12:21:50 pm
      No we won’t. I predict you won’t be around on this forum at that point.

I predict I wasn't speaking to you 😂
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #70: May 23, 2021 12:25:40 pm
      Heart says with 10,000 fans and a must win game we'll smash them but head says it'll be much tougher than that given what's happened this season.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,107 posts | 83 
      Reply #71: May 23, 2021 12:29:30 pm

I wouldn't go that far, but Ox has certainly a future with us. Many underestimated his injury and the long way back. He's just now coming back to his old. I'd keep Ox. Just saying....
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #72: May 23, 2021 12:50:11 pm
      I wouldn't go that far, but Ox has certainly a future with us. Many underestimated his injury and the long way back. He's just now coming back to his old. I'd keep Ox. Just saying....

Has his form been improving? I only get to watch the game or highlights with kids running around my feet but can’t say he has done much?  Maybe I didn’t notice. I always liked him though.

On a side note, if he is only coming back to form now after his injury then we need to not put so much expectancy on big Virgil. He may not come back the same player or may, like ox, take a year or more to get back to what he levels he was at. And with Gomez and matip unlucky with injuries we may need two centre backs before the new season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      Reply #73: May 23, 2021 12:53:05 pm
      Nervous about today although I would much prefer the last game of the season to be about a trophy and not money.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #74: May 23, 2021 12:54:03 pm
      Nervous about today although I would much prefer the last game of the season to be about a trophy and not money.

But when we win next seasons champions league it’ll be games like today that forged that success.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #75: May 23, 2021 12:55:38 pm
      Ironic how those seven goals we scored against Palace back in December have proved to be so important all these months later.

It’s in our hands and knowing Liverpool Football Club this game will have us all on the edge of our seats right down to the wire.

Hope Mo gets the golden boot today too.. If he does, what an achievement from an incredible player.

Anyone know if we’ll be wearing the new home kit today?

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #76: May 23, 2021 01:08:02 pm

Trolls gonna troll! Pathetic moron he is.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #77: May 23, 2021 01:24:27 pm
      id give Ox the start. His ability to get into the box could be a key factor, I suspect the Palace box will rresemble a car park for coaches today so timed runs from midfield could be crucial
      It won't happen, but Ox instead of whom?  Thiago, Fab and Gini?  No way!
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts | 38 
      Reply #78: May 23, 2021 01:27:50 pm
      4-1 us. They'll get a goal but we'll already be at least a couple of goals to the good beforehand.

Goal scorers: Salah, Salah, Gini, Mane

EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #79: May 23, 2021 01:43:52 pm
      It would be a fitting end to Roy's managerial career if he sets his team up to bore everyone to sleep and then he appears, crestfallen, in his post-match interview and claims that Liverpool's 13-0 victory didn't reflect the actual closeness between the two sides and had it not been for some particular stroke of misfortune that he can't quite put his finger on, things could have turned out very differently.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,172 posts | 8549 
      Reply #80: May 23, 2021 01:45:28 pm

Hahahaha you defo have to be a bitter in disguise, only they can be that downbeat and talk complete bollocks at the same time!!

Home win and get back on track for next season.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #81: May 23, 2021 01:55:22 pm
      Feck it, Salah hat trick to secure the golden boot, why not.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #82: May 23, 2021 02:05:31 pm
      First time in ages I'm nervous about a match.

A completely fu**ed up season, that we could end up rescuing something from, something that a lot of people had given up on just a few weeks ago.

We need to win this, regardless of other results, and I reckon the lads will be properly fired up for it, or at least I hope they will be, otherwise, they're in the wrong shirt.

3 Points, don't care how.

COYR.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #83: May 23, 2021 02:08:15 pm

Can’t win big ears next year if we aren’t in the competition so I’d say today’s game is a good bit about a trophy.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,210 posts | 1214 
      Reply #84: May 23, 2021 02:16:19 pm
      Let’s hope these lot will *think* about attacking in the hope of giving Roy a good send off.

This should mean we don’t just come up against a parked bus. 

We must show no mercy...
      mp..
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #85: May 23, 2021 02:16:56 pm
      Any news on Jota?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #86: May 23, 2021 02:30:29 pm
      Is it me or is time going backwards!?

The nerves are insane for a game against Palace.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #87: May 23, 2021 02:36:15 pm
      looking forward to this we are the inform team in the league and we will have a crowd who know when to support the lads and how to support the lads they don't need any telling.
      I can only see a good home win and Mo deserves to be Golden boot again .
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1006 
      Reply #88: May 23, 2021 02:37:08 pm
      Is it me or is time going backwards!?

The nerves are insane for a game against Palace.

I agree, I swear the clock has stood still for the last hour! I’m trying to do some gardening to take my mind off it.
      Feeling fairly confident, but this season has been such a roller coaster, anything could happen. Let’s hope the boys aren’t feeling as nervous as some of us are!
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #89: May 23, 2021 02:41:58 pm
      Jota and Hendo in squad
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #90: May 23, 2021 02:47:51 pm
      A win is too easy

We're Liverpool, we'll find a way to make some massive drama out of what should be a simple task

Scramble a last-minute equaliser while Spurs get a draw at Leicester
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #91: May 23, 2021 02:49:06 pm
       2 early goals please so we can sit back, relax and enjoy it
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #92: May 23, 2021 02:57:42 pm
      I agree, I swear the clock has stood still for the last hour! I’m trying to do some gardening to take my mind off it.
      Feeling fairly confident, but this season has been such a roller coaster, anything could happen. Let’s hope the boys aren’t feeling as nervous as some of us are!
      I’m playing a bit of League and thought have a few games and it’ll be time... I’m on my 7th game and it seems like time hasn’t moved  :mad:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #93: May 23, 2021 02:57:55 pm
      Got J&J vaccine this morn, they said not to drink beer - not sure they knew the day that was in it !!!
      One more cup final to go, would be a minor miracle to get a CL place after the 2021 we've had.
      Almost there - but still need to go out there and get the 3 points.
      Be great to have some fans in to add some atmosphere. Hope they give the lads a great reception :)
      Last of the season, COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply