Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm

Read 6717 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm
      May 20, 2021 11:27:44 am
      As Abba once said, the winner takes it all, though the draw might do!!

Last day of the season. 4th, maybe 3rd, place up for grabs.

I think if we knew we were going to be in this situation on the last day 3 months ago we would have grabbed it with both hands.

On paper its a game you would say yes thatll do. But Palace not only havr form at Anfield, they have pride to fix from the drubbing we gave them before Christmas. This has the potential to be tricky.

However, do not underestimate what having support in the ground will bring. Not to mention players like Bobby and Thiago looking like they have found form at the right time.

Hopefully the players, and fans domt feel the need to score early. Calm heads for 94 or 95 minutes will get us through.

As it stands

Chelsea 67 GD 23
      Liverpool 66 GD 24
      Leicester 66 GD 20

Scenarios

Match what Leicester do, we qualify

Draw, Chelsea and Leicester lose finish 3rd

Win and chelsea draw or lose finish 3rd

Draw, Leicester win, chelsea lose, finish 4th

Lose and Leicester draw or win and its 5th

Draw and Leicester win and chelsea draw or win its 5th

Draw and Leicester win  by 5 and chelsea draw or win its 5th

Draw, Leicester win by 5 and chelsea lose its 4th
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2021 12:30:07 pm by JD »
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: D day: Pre match:- Liverpool v Crystal palace - Prem lge - Sun May 23rd - KO 4pm
      Reply #1: May 20, 2021 01:13:48 pm
      I can't believe its still so bloody complicated with only 1 game, so just win boys and that will surely be enough unless Spurs get annihilated.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: D day: Pre match:- Liverpool v Crystal palace - Prem lge - Sun May 23rd - KO 4pm
      Reply #2: May 20, 2021 08:28:42 pm
      All we can do is win. That’s in our hands.
      For the third game in a row we play a negative manager who will park the bus. Or at least try to.

Benteke has had a decent season for his standards and zaha can be tricky to play against.

I think there will be goals. For both teams.
      4-3.

Villa and chelsea is also hard to call as is Leicester and spurs. I’m gonna make sure I have a change of pants at hand.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3: May 20, 2021 08:39:36 pm
      Think we’ll win, so will Leicester, by more than us against an insipid Spurs, but not enough to make a difference, and Chelsea draw. Think that makes us 3rd Leicester 4th chelsea 5th.

And Chelsea win the C L. Hate to say that, but just don’t want city to EVER win it 😊
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4: May 20, 2021 08:40:34 pm
      I think we will win. I don't think the boys will have fought and scrapped so hard the last few weeks to come up short at home with fans. They will do whatever it takes to send Roy off a loser.

I do believe we have the best form of any team in the league over the last however many games.

We'll win this one fellas.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5: May 20, 2021 08:41:59 pm
      Eze injured - he’s a great player.

Need to watch out for Big Ben
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #6: May 20, 2021 09:56:58 pm
      would love see a goal fest for the reds, everyone hitting form at the same time, but got reality glasses on.  Hard, hard season for the manager, and players, and for us as supporters, but still put 2 nil to us.  I believe we will be back
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7: May 20, 2021 10:29:04 pm
      Dude, we're 4 goals up in the GD department. Stop freaking out so much. If we win 1-0 they would have to win by 6 to get in over us. I'm pretty sure we get in if we're level on GD based on head to head. We won 3-0 and lost 3-1.

Win and you're in.

YNWA baby
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #8: May 20, 2021 11:17:04 pm
      What happens if goal difference the same dose it go to most goals score
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9: May 21, 2021 12:18:49 am
      Am I right in reading that there will be no ticket cost for the final game at Anfield ...?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #10: May 21, 2021 01:01:04 am
      What happens if goal difference the same dose it go to most goals score

I read that it goes to head to head. We would win that as we won 3-0 and lost 3-1
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #11: May 21, 2021 01:01:34 am
      Am I right in reading that there will be no ticket cost for the final game at Anfield ...?

If that's the case than I'm leaving America right now
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: May 21, 2021 01:26:45 am
      Benteke hitting prime form which concerns me a bit he’s game suits Nat but I would prefer if Kabak was back instead of Rhys.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #13: May 21, 2021 09:25:40 am
      I read that it goes to head to head. We would win that as we won 3-0 and lost 3-1
      For clarification it goes goal difference, then goals scored and then head to head.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-leicester-goal-points-difference-20610798

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that though!

Win and I think we will be fine. Anything less though and we'll be in trouble because I see Chelsea and Leicester winning their games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: May 21, 2021 09:52:10 am
      For clarification it goes goal difference, then goals scored and then head to head.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-leicester-goal-points-difference-20610798

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that though!

Win and I think we will be fine. Anything less though and we'll be in trouble because I see Chelsea and Leicester winning their games.

I just have a feeling we win, Leicester win and chelsea draw, might be wishful thinking but thats the gut feeling
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15: May 21, 2021 09:59:35 am
      NB: Team no longer available

Come on Reds.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #16: May 21, 2021 10:46:15 am
      For my match day attire I dug out an old tee shirt I hadn't worn since back in September and wore it for the Man U game....
      I put it back on for the West Brom game and wore it again the other night against Burnley..
      It's beginning to hum a bit but I couldn't care less... It'll be worn again on Sunday for the Palace game..

Funny how little superstitions like that affect you isn't it..

I might not wash it again.... ever  ;D
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Re: D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm
      Reply #17: May 21, 2021 01:24:09 pm
      Really looking forward to having fans back in.

4-0

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm
      Reply #18: May 21, 2021 01:35:42 pm
      JUST WIN !!!

Anyone actually getting to go the match ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #19: May 21, 2021 01:47:07 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has paid tribute to Liverpool FC kit man Graham Carter ahead of his final game with the club this Sunday.

Carter began working for the Reds as a coach driver in the 1970s – a role that he took on full-time in 1986 – before joining the team at Melwood under Gerard Houllier in 1999.

He will retire from the position and bid farewell to the club after the Premier League clash with Crystal Palace at Anfield this weekend.

“We will say goodbye to Graham Carter,” said Klopp at his pre-match press conference.

“That will definitely happen, that we say goodbye to Graham Carter – kit man for 35, or even more, years at the club.

“The best kit man I ever had; we have a really good one here, but the most experienced kit man I ever had. Father figure, grandfather figure, whatever you want.

“We will say goodbye to him in an appropriate way.”

Some service that. One of those behind the scene people who keep things ticking over

Best of luck in retirement and thanks for the service  Graham
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: May 21, 2021 01:54:43 pm
      Same side that Twatted Burnley for me, see no reason to change anything unless there's a injury we don't know about,
      With Fans back in I can see us putting on a fine last game of the season display and sending Roy off with a severe battering,
      Talking of which, it's Roy's farewell game and although he isn't that popular around Anfield for obvious reasons, i think we should show a bit of class and send him off with rapturous applause or sing out his name, 
      He has given over 40 years of his life as a coach or manager and played in his earlier career,
      It would show us in a good light if we were to show him the respect he deserves.

Well Done Roy, thank you for your services to football.

YNWA
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #21: May 21, 2021 02:01:15 pm
      As confident of a win for this one as have been in a long time this season. It really should be no contest. With fans in the stands and 4th place within our reach we should be raring to get out there and pummel Palace.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: May 21, 2021 02:01:55 pm
      Same side that Twatted Burnley for me, see no reason to change anything unless there's a injury we don't know about,
      With Fans back in I can see us putting on a fine last game of the season display and sending Roy off with a severe battering,
      Talking of which, it's Roy's farewell game and although he isn't that popular around Anfield for obvious reasons, i think we should show a bit of class and send him off with rapturous applause or sing out his name, 
      He has given over 40 years of his life as a coach or manager and played in his earlier career,
      It would show us in a good light if we were to show him the respect he deserves.

Well Done Roy, thank you for your services to football.

YNWA
      Jürgen Klopp has paid tribute to Liverpool FC kit man Graham Carter ahead of his final game with the club this Sunday.

Carter began working for the Reds as a coach driver in the 1970s – a role that he took on full-time in 1986 – before joining the team at Melwood under Gerard Houllier in 1999.

He will retire from the position and bid farewell to the club after the Premier League clash with Crystal Palace at Anfield this weekend.

“We will say goodbye to Graham Carter,” said Klopp at his pre-match press conference.

“That will definitely happen, that we say goodbye to Graham Carter – kit man for 35, or even more, years at the club.

“The best kit man I ever had; we have a really good one here, but the most experienced kit man I ever had. Father figure, grandfather figure, whatever you want.

“We will say goodbye to him in an appropriate way.”

Some service that. One of those behind the scene people who keep things ticking over

Best of luck in retirement and thanks for the service  Graham

Yes, well done Graham,  fantastic service to LFC, hope you have a long and happy retirement,  you can stop folding now 😂

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Quick Reply