Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm

Read 6715 times
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Re: D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm
      Reply #69: May 23, 2021 12:21:50 pm
      No we won’t. I predict you won’t be around on this forum at that point.

I predict I wasn't speaking to you 😂
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: D-Day: Pre match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Sun May 23rd 4pm
      Reply #70: May 23, 2021 12:25:40 pm
      Heart says with 10,000 fans and a must win game we'll smash them but head says it'll be much tougher than that given what's happened this season.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #71: May 23, 2021 12:29:30 pm

I wouldn't go that far, but Ox has certainly a future with us. Many underestimated his injury and the long way back. He's just now coming back to his old. I'd keep Ox. Just saying....
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #72: May 23, 2021 12:50:11 pm
      I wouldn't go that far, but Ox has certainly a future with us. Many underestimated his injury and the long way back. He's just now coming back to his old. I'd keep Ox. Just saying....

Has his form been improving? I only get to watch the game or highlights with kids running around my feet but can’t say he has done much?  Maybe I didn’t notice. I always liked him though.

On a side note, if he is only coming back to form now after his injury then we need to not put so much expectancy on big Virgil. He may not come back the same player or may, like ox, take a year or more to get back to what he levels he was at. And with Gomez and matip unlucky with injuries we may need two centre backs before the new season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #73: May 23, 2021 12:53:05 pm
      Nervous about today although I would much prefer the last game of the season to be about a trophy and not money.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #74: May 23, 2021 12:54:03 pm
      Nervous about today although I would much prefer the last game of the season to be about a trophy and not money.

But when we win next seasons champions league it’ll be games like today that forged that success.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #75: May 23, 2021 12:55:38 pm
      Ironic how those seven goals we scored against Palace back in December have proved to be so important all these months later.

It’s in our hands and knowing Liverpool Football Club this game will have us all on the edge of our seats right down to the wire.

Hope Mo gets the golden boot today too.. If he does, what an achievement from an incredible player.

Anyone know if we’ll be wearing the new home kit today?

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #76: May 23, 2021 01:08:02 pm

Trolls gonna troll! Pathetic moron he is.
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #77: May 23, 2021 01:24:27 pm
      id give Ox the start. His ability to get into the box could be a key factor, I suspect the Palace box will rresemble a car park for coaches today so timed runs from midfield could be crucial
      It won't happen, but Ox instead of whom?  Thiago, Fab and Gini?  No way!
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #78: May 23, 2021 01:27:50 pm
      4-1 us. They'll get a goal but we'll already be at least a couple of goals to the good beforehand.

Goal scorers: Salah, Salah, Gini, Mane

EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #79: May 23, 2021 01:43:52 pm
      It would be a fitting end to Roy's managerial career if he sets his team up to bore everyone to sleep and then he appears, crestfallen, in his post-match interview and claims that Liverpool's 13-0 victory didn't reflect the actual closeness between the two sides and had it not been for some particular stroke of misfortune that he can't quite put his finger on, things could have turned out very differently.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #80: May 23, 2021 01:45:28 pm
      Somehow we will bottle it, but our uberhuman luck two years ago against Napoli & Barca to win #6 will be worth it. I don't need CL, it's a shame anyway that non-champions can take part there, it's just a blown-up competition to bolster the rich and mighty further more, kind of Super League in disguise. I rather want #20 next year to make it eye-to-eye with the scums, and then to earn the right to call us truly CL-winner a season later.

Hahahaha you defo have to be a bitter in disguise, only they can be that downbeat and talk complete bollocks at the same time!!

Home win and get back on track for next season.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #81: May 23, 2021 01:55:22 pm
      Feck it, Salah hat trick to secure the golden boot, why not.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #82: May 23, 2021 02:05:31 pm
      First time in ages I'm nervous about a match.

A completely fu**ed up season, that we could end up rescuing something from, something that a lot of people had given up on just a few weeks ago.

We need to win this, regardless of other results, and I reckon the lads will be properly fired up for it, or at least I hope they will be, otherwise, they're in the wrong shirt.

3 Points, don't care how.

COYR.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #83: May 23, 2021 02:08:15 pm

Can’t win big ears next year if we aren’t in the competition so I’d say today’s game is a good bit about a trophy.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #84: May 23, 2021 02:16:19 pm
      Let’s hope these lot will *think* about attacking in the hope of giving Roy a good send off.

This should mean we don’t just come up against a parked bus. 

We must show no mercy...
      mp..
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #85: May 23, 2021 02:16:56 pm
      Any news on Jota?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #86: May 23, 2021 02:30:29 pm
      Is it me or is time going backwards!?

The nerves are insane for a game against Palace.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #87: May 23, 2021 02:36:15 pm
      looking forward to this we are the inform team in the league and we will have a crowd who know when to support the lads and how to support the lads they don't need any telling.
      I can only see a good home win and Mo deserves to be Golden boot again .
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #88: May 23, 2021 02:37:08 pm
      Is it me or is time going backwards!?

The nerves are insane for a game against Palace.

I agree, I swear the clock has stood still for the last hour! I’m trying to do some gardening to take my mind off it.
      Feeling fairly confident, but this season has been such a roller coaster, anything could happen. Let’s hope the boys aren’t feeling as nervous as some of us are!
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #89: May 23, 2021 02:41:58 pm
      Jota and Hendo in squad
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #90: May 23, 2021 02:47:51 pm
      A win is too easy

We're Liverpool, we'll find a way to make some massive drama out of what should be a simple task

Scramble a last-minute equaliser while Spurs get a draw at Leicester
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #91: May 23, 2021 02:49:06 pm
       2 early goals please so we can sit back, relax and enjoy it

Quick Reply